Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brandin Cooks to the Texans

I wont argue current combine numbers against our wr cores in the past. I dont think it matters when we run up the middle for nadda every first down.

Our offense only trys on 2nd and 3rd down. Another fast overpayed guy with an injury history...what could go wrong?

Hopefully this changes with Kelly as OC.

As I stated in the other thread, I like the move considering what transpired with Hopkins. If DW4 is going to buy time, having guys who can flat out run is very beneficial. Now the team has 4 #2 type guys who can all beat 1 on 1 coverage. They have up their own #2 not the one they got from Arizona. There are still some 1 yr vet deals out there to make for the defense. Clay Matthews as a 3ed down rusher makes sense. Everson Griffen always made sense. If they can snag 1 or both, they can make some noise in their 3rd down package.

Bill obrien-

”Haha! With all these speedsters, no one would believe that we will run it up the middle on first AND second down! And if we get backed up, its impossible to think that we would try a mere three yard pass! Haha! The other teams will be such suckers due to all my receiving threats!”

Avgressive moves have always been the name of the game for BoB, and as much as the draft nerds hate it, it has worked out for BoB more often than not.

When fans were whining about us not using the TE’s more back in 2017 with slow ass Fido and Griffin, 2018 saw us bring in Thomas and Akins in the draft, Fells the next offseason and Warring in the 2019 draft.

All the aggressive moves to help the secondary with Conley...then picking up Hargreaves off the waiver wire..

The o-line aggressive move to go get Tunsil...

As I stated in the other thread, I like the move considering what transpired with Hopkins. If DW4 is going to buy time, having guys who can flat out run is very beneficial. Now the team has 4 #2 type guys who can all beat 1 on 1 coverage. They have up their own #2 not the one they got from Arizona. There are still some 1 yr vet deals out there to make for the defense. Clay Matthews as a 3ed down rusher makes sense. Everson Griffen always made sense. If they can snag 1 or both, they can make some noise in their 3rd down package.
Just a reminder to all that at Clemson, Watson spread passes around; not one IIRC had over a 1,000 yards his time there. It's time for Dashaun to get some Tds and over 4,000 yds.

The Texans will pay Cobb and Cooks $38.7 million over the next two seasons, or an average of $19.4 million per year. Hopkins reportedly wanted a contract extension worth between $18 million and $20 million per season. I haven't polled every team, but my suspicion is that about 28 or 29 of the 32 NFL teams would rather pay Hopkins that much money over the next couple of seasons than they would the combination of Cobb and Cooks.

Rockets play has been so bad I have quit watching them. It's time for results for the Rockets as well as the Texans regardless of who is playing.

How so. They're always in the playoffs. I understand they couldn't F with Golden State. But they have always been in the hunt. Ole Harden gets on my nerves in the playoffs. And MDA is madly in love with that small ball crap. But they're there in the mix.

How so. They're always in the playoffs. I understand they couldn't F with Golden State. But they have always been in the hunt. Ole Harden gets on my nerves in the playoffs. And MDA is madly in love with that small ball crap. But they're there in the mix.
Always in the playoffs but never in the final game? Isn't that why we're upset with O'Brien? Hopkins, Clowney, Andre Johnson, whomever would be one week fussing if we were getting to the Super Bowl

KC’s trio of Hill, Watkins and Hardman missed a combined 12 games for KC in 2019.

Fuller Cobb and Cooks missed a combined 8 for their respective teams last year. you add in Stills and its still only 11

At this point, People harping on the concern for injuries with all of our guys are just looking for something to ***** about.

Injuries are a fact of playing the most violent sport there is. It’s all about how you well you as a team can hold up once they occur.In recent years we haven’t been able to adjust well when Fuller’s speed left the field. It appears BoB’s leaving nothing to chance for next year. We will have speed all over the field.

Please tell me this trade is not for real . We are no longer the Texans but the Has bins . We should be drafting younger players for the future not trading our future and young players for players past their primes. This is sad.
but it is a known thing that O'Brien have to win it all this year, right?

Agree, I thought we had god weaponry and would use our 2nd rounders on defense. We ought to have some WR that could suit up and play, but I liked using a 3rd rounder in this deep class to get a cheap guy with the cadre of $10m guys we have. Offense better score 27 plus this year, defense is going to get smoked unless they go all out agression and get a lot of turnovers. They must think Martin and Ejifor are going to make a edge impact, and Jernigan / Charles push the pocket. Our CB group ain't good enough with the rush we have
hey let's leave God out of this as he has enough problems dealing with me. Lol

lol in the hunt for what? If we’re holding the Rockets FO to the same standard as the Texans FO (championship or bust) then Morey’s entire tenure has been a failure too. The only reason Fans give them a pass is b/c they make the moves to bring in the players with name recognition ....that they want him to bring in. Howard. Paul. Carmelo. and now Westbrook.

Reality is he’s been at it double the time BoB and the Texans’ current FO has been at it and he’s still yet to break through.

You're crazy as heck if you really believe that. Especially when you're always stroking this crap going on with the Texans.

We want to be critical about the Rockets and there moves. But gives the Texans a pass for these weak ash moves.

Always in the playoffs but never in the final game? Isn't that why we're upset with O'Brien? Hopkins, Clowney, Andre Johnson, whomever would be one week fussing if we were getting to the Super Bowl

At least they made it to the Western conference finals. How far has the Texans made it in the playoffs? When was the last time the Rockets were a lottery team? I do remember the Texans going 4-12 .

I'm upset with Obrien because he's gutting the darn team due to personal reasoning.

We can’t pay Hopkins but now 4 of our top 13 cap hits this year are WRs... And getting paid more than all of them is the guy we took back for Hopkins.

Oh and BOB definitely has a type..
Fuller - 6-0, 186, 4.33 speed
Stills - 6-0, 194, 4.38
Cooks - 5-10, 189, 4.33
Cobb - 5-10, 191, 4.46

I know everyone is down on this trade. I am high on DJ and think we will see him more productive, mostly because not Arizona... I mean I can remember being jealous of teams that could force us to put our 4th or 5th corner on the field routinely. I really want to know what a defense does if you have those four plus DJ out there. Or any 3 of them + DJ and DJ in the backfield.

Maybe this doesn't work... but holy crap.

WFV, Cooks, Stills is more potent than Hopkins, WFV, Stills.

:ok:

This darn dude is still not factoring that trashy ash offensive line. Your quarterback has to have time to get it to these fast receivers who will be going deep on almost every play. And Warring has to beat out Fells and Atkins first before hyping him up. Right now Fells has that position on lock.

How can it keep getting worse
Well, when you begin searching ahead to our cap situation, we just made it difficult to make room for Watson and Tunsil, which either means losing on or both, the end of JJ Watt as a Texan, or that you have to analyse the Cooks and Johnson deals as 1 year rentals rather than long term value.

This team is fucked for talent for a very long time.

Avgressive moves have always been the name of the game for BoB, and as much as the draft nerds hate it, it has worked out for BoB more often than not.

When fans were whining about us not using the TE’s more back in 2017 with slow ass Fido and Griffin, 2018 saw us bring in Thomas and Akins in the draft, Fells the next offseason and Warring in the 2019 draft.

All the aggressive moves to help the secondary with Conley...then picking up Hargreaves off the waiver wire..

The o-line aggressive move to go get Tunsil...

Some posters struggle with this.

Well, when you begin searching ahead to our cap situation, we just made it difficult to make room for Watson and Tunsil, which either means losing on or both, the end of JJ Watt as a Texan, or that you have to analyse the Cooks and Johnson deals as 1 year rentals rather than long term value.

This team is fucked for talent for a very long time.

Tell me how much the cap is going up next year and I might agree with you.

I really want to know what a defense does if you have those four plus DJ out there. Or any 3 of them + DJ and DJ in the backfield.
With OB's infatuation with the spread formation (even more so now), either Duke or David is going to see decreased field time (@RGV82). I'd love to keep track of how many times the offense trots out 21 personnel. I bet it won't be many.
fast receivers who will be going deep on almost every play.
Man, I hope not. With these four this offense better turn into a bunch of quick hit plays. Let these guys get the ball and run. Let one run to the goal line every play, but I'd like to see Watson collect most of his passing yards from the WR's getting yards after the catch. Keep the QB upright for a change.

A huge Part of why KC has been so dominant is b/c they can get 3 deep at WR and get a mismatch with the opposing teams’ 3rd dB. The Watkins signing for them was thought to be a nothing trade...they overpaid for a injury riddled WR at 3 years 48 million...30 million guaranteed..a guy who has only had 1 1000 yd season in his career.
Fast forward to this year, they are resigning him to a 1 yr. 9 million dollar deal b/c of his impact.

you got folks around here bitching b/c of the Cobb contract which is about what KC gave Watkins. For what they’re paying Cooks, The Cooks contract isn’t bad at all for us.

It seems to me that BOB is using the George Allen approach to building a team:

"Adopting the “Future Is Now” theme, he made numerous trades, sacrificing future draft choices for veterans who could help immediately. In his 12 seasons in the NFL, he made 131 trades, 81 of them coming during his Washington tenure."

It worked for Allen but that was a different time and league structure. Not to mention that Allen was a better coach than O'Brien.

It's very difficult for me to be a Texans fan right now. But I have to think that there is a method to all of this madness.

A huge Part of why KC has been so dominant is b/c they can get 3 deep at WR and get a mismatch with the opposing teams’ 3rd dB. The Watkins signing for them was thought to be a nothing trade...they overpaid for a injury riddled WR at 3 years 48 million...30 million guaranteed..a guy who has only had 1 1000 yd season in his career.
Fast forward to this year, they are resigning him to a 1 yr. 9 million dollar deal b/c of his impact.

you got folks around here bitching b/c of the Cobb contract which is about what KC gave Watkins. For what they’re paying Cooks, The Cooks contract isn’t bad at all for us.
Fair point. But what if you could have Hopkins, Watkins, Fuller and Stills? Is Watkins at 1 year and $9 million dollar enough to hold off Hopkins' contract demands for one season?

Fair point. But what if you could have Hopkins, Watkins, Fuller and Stills? Is Watkins at 1 year and $9 million dollar enough to hold off Hopkins' contract demands for one season?

Would it have been enough to hold off his contract demands though? The 2nd part to this is why would Watkins leave a great situation in KC? Guys just don't accept 1 year deals unless they have something to prove or they are happy with their situation and know they're close to the end. I think Watkins knows he's probably close to being done. You factor in he's just come off winning a SB and he's playing with the best qb in the game and a HC who is a player's coach. Leaving that to come play under the chronic red ass that is BoB? Yeah, probably not gonna happen.

When did getting rid of an All Pro WR become cleaning up a mess? Seems like he's creating a mess and then having to clean it up.

Its hive mentality with a tinge of fascism! LOL "OBrien is King. You do not question what the King does, you support it wholeheartedly and INVENT reasons why the ousted traitorous player was never good to begin with and easy replaceable!!!"

KC’s trio of Hill, Watkins and Hardman missed a combined 12 games for KC in 2019.

Fuller Cobb and Cooks missed a combined 8 for their respective teams last year. you add in Stills and its still only 11

At this point, People harping on the concern for injuries with all of our guys are just looking for something to ***** about.

Injuries are a fact of playing the most violent sport there is. It’s all about how you well you as a team can hold up once they occur.In recent years we haven’t been able to adjust well when Fuller’s speed left the field. It appears BoB’s leaving nothing to chance for next year. We will have speed all over the field.

I'm concerned about injuries and I'm not looking for something to ***** about. Fact is Fuller has never finished a season since he got here and there is no reason to think 2020 will be his first. Cooks has had 5 concussions in 6 years and maybe that means something and maybe it doesn't, I don't know its why I asked CnD in the injury thread and Cobb is no Hopkins. It very well could work out as you have said and teams blink and all 3 receivers are down field in which case we will see if Watson's combine weakness on the deep ball is accurate or has been improved on. However to say people shouldn't be concerns about injuries is ridiculous given the Texans WR history.

Back