Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brandin Cooks to the Texans

The core of the receivers are rentals. Fuller's rookie contract ends after this season. The Texans can cut Cooks for no dead money after this season. Kenny Stills contract is up after 2020.

Rams needed the cap space As they were in a negative position. Cook concussions are a high risk. But the dude can play. I think he is more of an insurance policy with the issues we've had with Fuller.

?? I guess you referring to him trading all of his picks away? He sure hasn't done anything with them.

At least he's bringing in Superstars and actually getting either equal value to better. Westbrook for Paul was huge.

Fuller is definitely gone after this year. Do they pay Stills after trading for him or let him walk too?
I think Cobb and Cooks stay after this season. Jack Esterby loves Cooks, and Cobb was signed for 3 years. Fuller and Stills are gone, IMHO.

I think Cobb and Cooks stay after this season. Jack Esterby loves Cooks, and Cobb was signed for 3 years. Fuller and Stills are gone, IMHO.
Stills historically has been durable and can play outside and slot, plus with his outspokenness his value is a bit pushed down around the league, so I think Stills could be kept at a reasonable price, but you would think we should have a cheap rookie in the mix growing and learning from the vets. Hard to see the room now as our defense needs the draft capital. Maybe the "brain trust" thinks WR are going to be plentiful in this and future drafts and can pick up value anytime now that college football is so pass happy

Ok I hated the Hopkins trade, BUT I will say that we are surrounding Watson with better overall talent. This actually makes me feel a little better. I loved Nuk but Cobb, cooks, stills and fuller is a pretty deadly combo IMO.
I honestly don't feel as bad about it than I did when it was first announced. But, I don't think the offense is better today than it was pre Hopkins trade and unless Johnson and Cooks return to their peak form I'm not going to change my mind about that. Hopkins wasn't only one of the best in the business when it came to pure pass catching ability, he was one of the most durable. That's rare, especially when you add his toughness.

We can’t pay Hopkins but now 4 of our top 13 cap hits this year are WRs... And getting paid more than all of them is the guy we took back for Hopkins.

Oh and BOB definitely has a type..
Fuller - 6-0, 186, 4.33 speed
Stills - 6-0, 194, 4.38
Cooks - 5-10, 189, 4.33
Cobb - 5-10, 191, 4.46

You can add David Johnson to that list as well, he’s basically an expensive RB bc he can catch too. Duke Johnson and Keke Coutee also. We look like a team that is going to be running straight up spread offense.

It’s actually not a bad lineup with the TEs we’ve got. The problem is that every single guy on the list is an injury risk. We also need a bigger WR in here, maybe a rookie.

If we could get above average OL play, we could make this offense good enough. The problem is that the OL and OL coach sucks and we don’t have a good run scheme.

I am okay with this trade. If Cook return to his pre 2019 stats he could be well worth his contract. The 8 million dead money is for this season only and we can cut him at no cost after this season. Pretty much removed wide receiver from the draft first two days. Let's try post correct info. His cap is 8 million for 2020 and 2021 $12 million.

Or we could have just kept arguably one of the best receivers in the game that was locked down for three years. Not attacking you I just don’t understand this guy and how he is still around.

“The Texans are on the hook for $8 million base salary in 2020 with no guaranteed money due. Cooks has no guaranteed money left in the final three years of his contract leaving the Texans in control of his future with the team.”

After this trade, here are the projected stats for the offense. I don't know what methodology was used to make these projections. I'm more interested in would we be happy with the projected production from Cobb, Fuller, Cooks and Johnson.

Nice find Earl, will be interesting to bring this back and see how accurate it is. I think the RB's will have another 500 yards so DW4 at 4500. We will be having to score so ball will be whipping around

Ok I hated the Hopkins trade, BUT I will say that we are surrounding Watson with better overall talent. This actually makes me feel a little better. I loved Nuk but Cobb, cooks, stills and fuller is a pretty deadly combo IMO.

The problem is, we're depending on too many if's.

If Fuller stays healthy.
If Cobb, DJ, and Cooks can return to previous form.

Not only that, we paid assuming they will all return to their previous, better forms.

We still don't have a pass rush and the run defense took a big hit with Reeder leaving and I know it was probably too much money to keep him.
It's a struggle to figure O'Brien out. What he says don't match his actions unless those actions are made from an emotional standpoint. Not to mention Jack Easterby. Apparently, Jack Easterby has outspoken respect for Cooks because Cooks is a spiritual person.

It's a struggle to figure O'Brien out. What he says don't match his actions unless those actions are made from an emotional standpoint. Not to mention Jack Easterby. Apparently, Jack Easterby has outspoken respect for Cooks because Cooks is a spiritual person.

At least we won't have to put up with the diva behavior and outlandish outbursts anymore. Wait, I have it backwards, we traded DHop and kept Bill O'Brien.

Stills historically has been durable and can play outside and slot, plus with his outspokenness his value is a bit pushed down around the league, so I think Stills could be kept at a reasonable price, but you would think we should have a cheap rookie in the mix growing and learning from the vets. Hard to see the room now as our defense needs the draft capital. Maybe the "brain trust" thinks WR are going to be plentiful in this and future drafts and can pick up value anytime now that college football is so pass happy

Overall it’s not a bad thought and it does seem to be the direction colleges are going. I mean ever since the Watson, Mahomes and Trubisky draft it seems colleges are focusing more and more on the QB/WR combo. The problem is the Texans are rolling the dice with their “Get home” money. If they are right and this draft is an example of future drafts then WRs will be in the same spot RBs have always been, a dime a dozen.

However, if they are wrong then they will either have missed out on one of the best WR drafts ever or sacrifice another part of the team, most likely defense, to get in on the WR grab bag. Have to say if nothing else OB has guts but then so does the guy who decides to wrestle a bear. Just because something takes guts doesn’t mean it’s a good idea.

I am okay with this trade. If Cook return to his pre 2019 stats he could be well worth his contract. The 8 million dead money is for this season only and we can cut him at no cost after this season. Pretty much removed wide receiver from the draft first two days. Let's try post correct info. His cap is 8 million for 2020 and 2021 $12 million.

they won’t do that though b/c it doesn’t fit the narrative....we now have Speed 1-4 at WR positions..slowest guy is Cobb...at 4.4.

This will work As long as the QB guru keeps defenses on their toes by running up the middle on first down.

Nailed it. Give up all these assets for speed and at the end of the day we'll still just rush a small fast back behind a guard on first down for 2-3 yards.

O'Brien uses top of the line wax and finish on a 40 year old pinto. He's all window dressing.

Lol, you are the eternal optimist.

I didn't pay a massive amount of attention to the Rams last year (the only game I can really remember is the London game, and purely from what I can recall of that off the top of my head, it seemed like Goff just decided Kupp was his guy). Anyone know if there was there any particular reason Cooks' production dropped off a cliff?

the Rams o-line was trash and they stopped feeding Gurley. Teams went after Goff, made him make plays and he couldn’t do it.....consistently anyway.

Hopefully it's number 57

I
On paper this is true, what worries me is that you are looking at a group that has been plagued with injuries. Cooks less so than say Fuller but Hopkins was not only a great WR but he lasted entire seasons something Fuller has yet to do.

In a vacuum I’m ok with the trade, yes Cooks is now on his 4th team but the Pats gave up a 1st for him then the Rams gave up a 1st for him so it wasn’t like he was a bad player teams were just trying to unload. Rams mainly got rid of him because they need the cap space for Geoff.

That’s all in a vacuum, looking at the overall picture Cooks has had back to back seasons with concussions now so again it’s the same question we seem to have to ask of all our WRs now. How long before they go down with an injury.

Hopefully they get lucky.

Because if they do DW4'S weapons will be on par with the Chiefs. Hopefully Warring comes thru.

It's going to be a different type of offense. Hopefully everything works out,

Just yeah. O'Brien has no management, negotiation, or coaching skills to warrant his position.

Poorly played. And if this is some bafoon attempt to pander to fans for the Hopkins trade, it failed.

No pandering

We now know what type of WR Corp BOB wants. If (and this is a big if) they stay healthy this is the best WR corps we've seen.

Atleast with this trade you don't have to worry about WFV getting hurt next year.

No pandering

We now know what type of WR Corp BOB wants. If (and this is a big if) they stay healthy this is the best WR corps we've seen.

Atleast with this trade you don't have to worry about WFV getting hurt next year.

I wont argue current combine numbers against our wr cores in the past. I dont think it matters when we run up the middle for nadda every first down.

Our offense only trys on 2nd and 3rd down. Another fast overpayed guy with an injury history...what could go wrong?

We posted simultaneously - Mods merge

WHAT THE HELL IS GOIN ON MAN!?!?

BOB wanted more speed at the wr position.

Hope No Nuks baby's momma's gonna enjoy Glendale.

BOB'S looking to challenge the Chiefs wr corps speed wise.

The draft should have been spent on the defensive side of the ball. If Warring can come thru and the WR corps can stay healthy then there will be no more excuses for DW4. That's one of the most dangerous we corps in the NFL.

I wont argue current combine numbers against our wr cores in the past. I dont think it matters when we run up the middle for nadda every first down.

Our offense only trys on 2nd and 3rd down. Another fast overpayed guy with an injury history...what could go wrong?

The Texans have never had a WR corps like this. The middle of the field should be open. Cobb should have a really good yr,

Back