Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

Bradley Roby Traded to Saints

otisbean

Veteran
Contributor's Club
I too understand their happiness but why do each say they've have been rescued and now have their freedom? Uncommon comments from traded players. Most say nothing at all and if they do they thank appreciative of the team, fans and coaches of their previous team.
Well, in the case of 2 of the 3, they’ve gone to better teams/situations. We are in a bad situation right now, mostly because of Watson’s actions. Roby and and Cobb, both older players, are now in good situations where they have a chance to compete for the playoffs. I’d feel rescued too. I’m in the training world, one thing you might not realize is everybody has motivational drivers that influence their behavior. A lot of great athletes have a competitive driver. For someone like this winning is everything, they have a literal fear of losing. For someone with a competitive driver, the Texans situation this season would be horrific. Maybe that explains the happiness and the feeling like they can breathe again.

Shaq Lawson just flat out sucked. He was in preseason games playing against guys that were cut and put up a complete zero in terms of stats. Who cares what he thinks

Dejaview

Veteran
Well, in the case of 2 of the 3, they’ve gone to better teams/situations. We are in a bad situation right now, mostly because of Watson’s actions. Roby and and Cobb, both older players, are now in good situations where they have a chance to compete for the playoffs. I’d feel rescued too. I’m in the training world, one thing you might not realize is everybody has motivational drivers that influence their behavior. A lot of great athletes have a competitive driver. For someone like this winning is everything, they have a literal fear of losing. For someone with a competitive driver, the Texans situation this season would be horrific. Maybe that explains the happiness and the feeling like they can breathe again.

Shaq Lawson just flat out sucked. He was in preseason games playing against guys that were cut and put up a complete zero in terms of stats. Who cares what he thinks
When you get cut or traded you gotta save face because by all accounts this was reported by many players to be one of the most competitive TC environments the’ve ever been in.