Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Baltimore Ravens @ Houston Texans. 12/21. Noon. CBS. **Official Gameday Thread**

Big Lou

Hall of Fame
That play has been whined about for too long now.

He tried to field the ball, got hit and the Ravens recovered it...end of story. There's better examples than that.
That was a huge play in a playoff game. There is no statute of limitations to call out bullish!t. You knocked us out of the playoffs, now we returned the favor, enjoy.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I don't recall ever hearing someone say that is something that is acceptable and if it is its a very stupid rule, because it goes against so many others.
It's a fumble, scrums are allowed and expected

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Maybe you missed it when I said "taunting penalty" so I'll say it again. Taunting. It's a 15 yard penalty.
Actually it's only a 15 yard penalty IF you get called for it.

I don't see the big deal, back in the day we were to soft, now that our boys show a little confidence/cockiness everyone gets all bent out of shape.

handswarmer

Rookie
That was a huge play in a playoff game. There is no statute of limitations to call out bullish!t. You knocked us out of the playoffs, now we returned the favor, enjoy.
That one play changed the momentum in a playoff game.

If he lets it go, nothing happens. Coverage guy thinks he has the ball.

No penalty, no unfair play. So your premise that te Ravens are unfair and a dirty team still hasn't been proven even by trying to go back 4 years to a playoff game in which your team was soundly beaten.

The Texans didn't knock the Ravens out of the Playoffs with that win the other day: The Ravens have only themselves to blame.

handswarmer

Rookie
Actually it's only a 15 yard penalty IF you get called for it.

I don't see the big deal, back in the day we were to soft, now that our boys show a little confidence/cockiness everyone gets all bent out of shape.
I'm kinda on the fence with calling it taunting: All he did was point at the scoreboard. It wasn't much of a lead but it was a lead nonetheless.

What I can't stand is the "Look at me point first down, drops ball" play when a team is down by 20 pts in the 4th qtr....

Marshall

Not pretty, but ALIVE!
Well it's legal
I never understood the differences between a muff and a fumble and how that changes things. But even in a scrum, you're not SUPPOSED to hold a player, but that is seldom called. I'd say never, but someone would find an example.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I don't have NFL rules or text to cite, but it sure seems like holding. That literally would be the only time that you can legally hold someone.
I'm afraid grabbing an opposing player to prevent him from recovering a fumble - and thereby increasing the chances that your guys will get it - is perfectly legal and is done quite often.

I can't site chapter & verse of the rule book on it either, but I've seen it done many times and I've never, ever seen holding called in a loose ball situation.

Now once a fumble has been recovered and you're trying to advance the recovered fumble, the recovering team is on offense so normal holding and block-in-the-back type rules apply.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I never understood the differences between a muff and a fumble and how that changes things. But even in a scrum, you're not SUPPOSED to hold a player, but that is seldom called. I'd say never, but someone would find an example.
You cant advance a muff, but you can a Butt/fumble. LOL

Last edited:

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
Pessimist. You are that angry old man who yells at the neighbor kids every day then one day you need help and they turn their back on you. Can't you just enjoy the ride knowing the situation we're in at qb? I guarantee that linemen ran his mouth to Foster and Foster came back with scoreboard bro. AF is not a trash talker unless provoked, so there is nothing wrong pointing out the score.
You are certainly free to put me on ignore if you continually have an issue with the manner in which I post.

I'm enjoying the season just fine. Going into the season, I was one of the only people on this board to expect to be where we are now. How's that for "pessimist."