Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BADBOYs players for 2021 draft

badboy

Hall of Fame
Red shirt senior QB Kyle Trask 6'5" 239 University of Florida from Manville Texas. Pocket passer.
2019 played all 12 but took over in game two and started rest of season
11-2. 237 of 354 attempts 67% 2,941
25 Yrs with 7 INTs. 156 passes rating.
3 Yrs vs LSU followed by 4 Yrs vs South Carolina. Manning award finales and SEC Academic Honor role

I have him round three but high ceiling.
Date of Birth March 6, 1998

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Red shirt senior QB Kyle Trask 6'5" 239 University of Florida from Manville Texas. Pocket passer.
2019 played all 12 but took over in game two and started rest of season
11-2. 237 of 354 attempts 67% 2,941
25 Yrs with 7 INTs. 156 passes rating.
3 Yrs vs LSU followed by 4 Yrs vs South Carolina. Manning award finales and SEC Academic Honor role

I have him round three but high ceiling.
Date of Birth March 6, 1998
Looks alot like Brady in college.

Is he willing to put in the work to be great?

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Tankathon has the Texans:
RD3-14-078
RD4-12-108
RD4-14-110
RD5-14-142
RD6-14-174
RD7-14-206

Draftsite has the Texans:
RD3-26-090
RD4-09-112
RD4-26-129
RD5-26-169
RD6-26-205
RD7-26-250

The player I'll be watching for in RD3 come the 2021 NFL Draft.....CB, Keith Taylor- Washington. He's 6-2 @ 200 lbs and has an estimated 4.4 to 4.5-40. He had RD1 potential after the 2018 season but slipped a little during the 2019 season. He's expected to have a solid 2020 season. His frame could easily absorb another 5 to 10 pounds while maintaining his speed. An outside CB that may stay in the RD2 thru RD3 range. But another big season might send him to high for the Texans.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Tankathon has the Texans:
RD3-14-078
RD4-12-108
RD4-14-110
RD5-14-142
RD6-14-174
RD7-14-206

Draftsite has the Texans:
RD3-26-090
RD4-09-112
RD4-26-129
RD5-26-169
RD6-26-205
RD7-26-250

The player I'll be watching for in RD3 come the 2021 NFL Draft.....CB, Keith Taylor- Washington. He's 6-2 @ 200 lbs and has an estimated 4.4 to 4.5-40. He had RD1 potential after the 2018 season but slipped a little during the 2019 season. He's expected to have a solid 2020 season. His frame could easily absorb another 5 to 10 pounds while maintaining his speed. An outside CB that may stay in the RD2 thru RD3 range. But another big season might send him to high for the Texans.
They’re not accounting for the Saints trade. 2020 7th to the Saints for a 2021 6th.

badboy

Hall of Fame
QB red shirt junior Tanner Morgan 6'2" 218 pro style set eleven school records
2019. 3,253 yards 66% avg 10.2 and 30 TDs to 7 INTs.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Sorry for minimal input as not as much info available. Going to be interesting how college season if any occurs.

QB Trey Lance 6'3" 221 North Dakota State this guy really intrigues me.
2019 Red Shirt sophomore 16 games: 192/287 2,798 28 passing TDs with zero INTs! sacked 12 times. Ran for 1100 yards and 14 TDs. Those are stats I want to see from small school guys.

Some high school video that i seldom use but offering to you. He could be really good.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Sorry for minimal input as not as much info available. Going to be interesting how college season if any occurs.

QB Trey Lance 6'3" 221 North Dakota State this guy really intrigues me.
2019 Red Shirt sophomore 16 games: 192/287 2,798 28 passing TDs with zero INTs! sacked 12 times. Ran for 1100 yards and 14 TDs. Those are stats I want to see from small school guys.

Some high school video that i seldom use but offering to you. He could be really good.

Seems like your focus is on QB's ….. You ready to move on from Watson ? If so , is it his play or the cost of extending him that has you looking in that direction ?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Seems like your focus is on QB's ….. You ready to move on from Watson ? If so , is it his play or the cost of extending him that has you looking in that direction ?
Watson is a topic of discussion but I will be surprised if he goes...in any manner. This is pivotal year for him and Obrien IMO with #4 having fan support but Bill having owners support for now. QB is a position I enjoy researching as is corner. For example few know Eric Murray was a CB when drafted in round 4. It would have been better for his career to have gone to a team that could have developed his corner skills.

I think Watson could have been traded after this year but he wisely offered up the 3 year extension. If he will take an offer of 100 million, he is locked in.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Cornerbacks: Chase Lucas Arizona State 6' 175 possible 4.49 A junior: 53Ts 4 for loss 4 PBU
1 INT and 1 forced fumble. Really like this kid but teams may not throw against him this year.

Terry Dean 3rd 6'3 194 4.54 which should lower by combine. University of Florida Junior 25 Ts 3.5 for loss 1 sack and 1 PBU; 2 QBs and 1 forced fumble. Great size but want to focus on him.

Marco Wilson 6' 190 4.48 Jr also of UF:36 Ts 2.5 for loss 2.5 PBU 3 INTs 1 QB

badboy

Hall of Fame
Wide Receivers:

Kadarius Toney 5'11" 194 4.44 Sr University Florida who is considered "Athlete" 10/194 @ 19.4 catching; RB 12/59 @ 4.92; PR 1/12 yds and KR 1 for 21. This is a make it break it season if he wants to be in combine or make it to draft.

Tarik Black 6'3" 215 4.49 (?) Senior at Michigan 25/323 @ 13 yds 1 TD

Randall St. Felix (hey we could use a saint) 6'2" 211 4.48 22/261 @12 2 TDs

badboy

Hall of Fame
Running backs:

Kylin Hill Miss State Sr. 5'11" 215 242/1350 10 TDs and this is in Mike Leach pass happy offense which is impressive IMO. Receiving 18/180 @ 10 and 1 TD

Jaret Patterson U. of Buffalo 5'9" 195 312/1799 @ 5.77 19 TDs; 13/209 @ 16 1 TD
His twin James plays LB there but not impressive.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Running backs:

Kylin Hill Miss State Sr. 5'11" 215 242/1350 10 TDs and this is in Mike Leach pass happy offense which is impressive IMO. Receiving 18/180 @ 10 and 1 TD

Jaret Patterson U. of Buffalo 5'9" 195 312/1799 @ 5.77 19 TDs; 13/209 @ 16 1 TD
His twin James plays LB there but not impressive.
I really like Hill,

He's said to be transferring because of the Confederate flag controversy.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Cornerbacks: Chase Lucas Arizona State 6' 175 possible 4.49 A junior: 53Ts 4 for loss 4 PBU
1 INT and 1 forced fumble. Really like this kid but teams may not throw against him this year.

Terry Dean 3rd 6'3 194 4.54 which should lower by combine. University of Florida Junior 25 Ts 3.5 for loss 1 sack and 1 PBU; 2 QBs and 1 forced fumble. Great size but want to focus on him.

Marco Wilson 6' 190 4.48 Jr also of UF:36 Ts 2.5 for loss 2.5 PBU 3 INTs 1 QB
Love Lucas

Where did Wilson go to school?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Draft King's have us taking WR Terrace Marshall 6'3" 200 lb true Junior with round three 2021. I'm down with that. LSU Almost 15 per catch and 13 TDs.

Last edited:

badboy

Hall of Fame
Abc has Georgia State- Florida State
Are you having as difficult a time as I am in getting into college football this season? My son knows I watched a lot this time of year and was surprised that I was not watching much today.

Reactions: JB

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Are you having as difficult a time as I am in getting into college football this season? My son knows I watched a lot this time of year and was surprised that I was not watching much today.
Yes

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I enjoyed watching college football and my viewing habits probably wont change. The NFL is a different story.

Looks like a good yr for CB's (Although I'm terrible at evaluating CB's) The Safety class should be good too. Crawford from Notre Dame looked good at S.

badboy

Hall of Fame
For those interested some tv games that might give some insight to 2021 draft:
11 am=
Kansas St vs Oklahoma
Florida vs Ole Miss
230=
LSU vs Miss St
Texas vs Texas Tech

6 pm
Alabama vs Missouri

Still hard to get interested.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
11 am=
Kansas St vs Oklahoma
Florida vs Ole Miss
230=
LSU vs Miss St
Texas vs Texas Tech

6 pm
Alabama vs Missouri

So you're not interested in Leach's 1st game against the defending national champs?

I always watch the Horns.

Why are you having trouble getting into college football? I'm having trouble getting into NFL football but certainly not College football.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
11 am=
Kansas St vs Oklahoma
Florida vs Ole Miss
230=
LSU vs Miss St
Texas vs Texas Tech

6 pm
Alabama vs Missouri

Kansas State giving #3 Oklahoma more than they wast... 35 all with 8 minutes left in the 4th

Oklahoma with 3 turnovers and a blocked punt

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Down goes LSU in Baton Rouge.

Costello throws for 625 yds and 5 TD's with 2 Ints.

Really came up big in the most important times.

I would like to see UT fire Herman and hire Leach.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
UT got lucky to pull out a win against a team that barely beat HBU. Think about this for a minute. Leach is a proven winner who never has had the benefit of coaching at a school with the resources that UT has. I think he could make them a true championship contender in a couple of yrs.

badboy

Hall of Fame
So you're not interested in Leach's 1st game against the defending national champs?

I always watch the Horns.

Why are you having trouble getting into college football? I'm having trouble getting into NFL football but certainly not College football.
never been a fan of Mike Leach. But I guess I should have watched them upset LSU. I had planned to watch Texas Tech and University of Texas today but found the swimming pool too nice to leave. That's my problem with sports that don't put up quality play ; there's just too many other things I can do. Add honeys in bikinis and well football doesn't win. Still OT would have been fun.
Not drafting until late day two has something to do with but as season progresses, I'll be more enthused.

NFL I am actually watching more even NFC.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Georgetown University player Dijon Williams arrested in Georgia for "his role in murder of a woman in July 2020". No other details but University suspended after notification by law. He played five games in 2019.

badboy

Hall of Fame
TCU 7 U.TX 0 1st Q almost over.
Florida 14 S. Carolina 7 Trask will have difficulty doing more than last week.
In fact he just fumbled on a called keeper.

badboy

Hall of Fame
TCU giving Texas all it can handle. 14 tie.Trask QB of Florida just did a very good run with some moves.

badboy

Hall of Fame
FS Jordan Battle from Alabama round two.
Wr probably for round 1 even more so if Brandin Cooks cannot get his game rolling.
I thought Conley would be back by now so I could begin analysis of him so probably a corner round 3.

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame
I’m excited I can actually pay attention to this stuff again.
that said, I want to see how these guys play the rest of the year.
Right now the positions I’m looking at upgrading first are edge, NT/DT and Safety.
I think if they stay 34 McKinney needs to work on his pass rushing skills and move to the edge. I like Cunningham but he should be paired with a more mobile player. So I’d be good with looking at an interior LB early as well, but I don’t think it’s as pressing.

But a lot of this depends on the scheme the new coach chooses to run.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
FS Jordan Battle from Alabama round two.
Wr probably for round 1 even more so if Brandin Cooks cannot get his game rolling.
I thought Conley would be back by now so I could begin analysis of him so probably a corner round 3.
I thought the Texans didn't have a pick for round 1 & 2

badboy

Hall of Fame
Right now the positions I’m looking at upgrading first are edge, NT/DT and Safety.
I think if they stay 34 McKinney needs to work on his pass rushing skills and move to the edge. I like Cunningham but he should be paired with a more mobile player. So I’d be good with looking at an interior LB early as well, but I don’t think it’s as pressing.

Bmac is strictly holefiller and run stopper and he isn't doing much of that lately. He needs to go.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Go back and read banned's question. He asks my players for 2022 draft in which we do all of our picks.
You didn't quote him so I didn't know you were responding to him

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

I love the McKinney move to Edge. Mercilus would only be a situational pass rusher. I would use 1 of the 4ths to trade into the 2nd for Jabril Cox. A LB that can cover. Imagine that.

Also a guy I like who will probably be there in the 4th or 5th rd is BJ Foster. I sure would like to bring him home.

Last edited: