Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BADBOYs players for 2021 draft

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Man …. I was so afraid of this …. Trey Sermon is revealing his talent to the rest of the nation ! He's been living in the latter rounds, or even free agent rounds of the mock drafts …. we're losing him as I speak ! Aaaarrrrhh !!
I wanted him with the Texans first pick in RD6. He's not going to be there after this game. I think he could very well be there in RD4. It would be a worth while pick if he's still on the board. He doesn't have break away speed (est 4.53-40) but he's got the right amount speed and physicality to move the chains. He doesn't have a lot of film as a receiving back but that's not the way he's used in the Ohio St offense. I think his hands could be just fine. One more sold point.....he's a physical blocker in the backfield. Like Michigan, WR- Nico Collins, I'll need to move him up and adjust my picks.

OptimisticTexan

I wanted him with the Texans first pick in RD6. He's not going to be there after this game. I think he could very well be there in RD4. It would be a worth while pick if he's still on the board. He doesn't have break away speed (est 4.53-40) but he's got the right amount speed and physicality to move the chains. He doesn't have a lot of film as a receiving back but that's not the way he's used in the Ohio St offense. I think his hands could be just fine. One more sold point.....he's a physical blocker in the backfield. Like Michigan, WR- Nico Collins, I'll need to move him up and adjust my picks.
Sermon is proving that his hands are just fine.....just been under used in the past.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Watching NC St. vs Kentucky.

LT Landon Young is dominant in both the run game (Kicking azz) and is good in the pass game. I really hope Young is there in the 5th rd and he would really help solve some of the run game issues. A mountain of a man/really tough guy.

The other guy I think that could be there for the Texans in the 3rd/4th rd is CB Kelvin Josesh. A very good fast cover guy who is an underclassman. It appears he's going to be in the draft.

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
Kentucky has got 2 skill players that I would love to have .... Chris Rodriquez RB 5'11" 225 & Keaton Upshaw TE 6'6" 245. Both excellent speed and hands .... but both Redshirt Sophomores .... draft eligible .... probably stay another year, but Covid is changing plans for some ! Of course I'd like to have big Brandon OT .... but I'd like to have C/G team leader Brandon too !

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Kentucky has got 2 skill players that I would love to have .... Chris Rodriquez RB 5'11" 225 & Keaton Upshaw TE 6'6" 245. Both excellent speed and hands .... but both Redshirt Sophomores .... draft eligible .... probably stay another year, but Covid is changing plans for some ! Of course I'd like to have big Brandon OT .... but I'd like to have C/G team leader Brandon too !
He wont be coming out but man, does Rodriguez run hard?

OptimisticTexan

Sermon is proving that his hands are just fine.....just been under used in the past.
Sermon looked like a man amongst boys when he ran for 199 yards on Clemson. Dude is a physical specimen who may not be the quickest but runs as hard as any back I've seen and possesses very good vision. I really don't want to see the Texans miss out on this kind of back.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Sermon looked like a man amongst boys when he ran for 199 yards on Clemson. Dude is a physical specimen who may not be the quickest but runs as hard as any back I've seen and possesses very good vision. I really don't want to see the Texans miss out on this kind of back.
Yeah a fast powerful back can make a lot look better and score as well control game and keep opponents O off the field.

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
Yeah a fast powerful back can make a lot look better and score as well control game and keep opponents O off the field.

I don't think he's all that fast .... seems to have great balance .... kinda stumbles through - pinballing off of would be tacklers .... always leaning forward !

OptimisticTexan

I don't think he's all that fast .... seems to have great balance .... kinda stumbles through - pinballing off of would be tacklers .... always leaning forward !
....did you see the size of those arms? Can deliver a stiff-arm that would shake a would be tackler down to his cleats. He's not a guy who'll leave you in his dust but he's the kind of runner who will move those chains when you're trying to establish the run and eat up the clock. His hands didn't look all that bad either. Guy looks like a real 3 down back to me.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The biggest difference between our run game in 2019 & our 2020 run game is Hyde's ability to bounce.

I don't think he's any more powerful, or faster than David Johnson.

But Hyde would press the line, drawing all the defenders in, then bounce outside.

David Johnson doesn't have that bounce. He'd hit the whole & try to plow through.

I think if Prosise would have got more touches he'd have produced more like Hyde because he had that bounce. He seemed to see the field the same way Hyde did.

But we'd be better off fixing the line, that planning for the worse.

Last edited:

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
The biggest difference between our run game in 2019 & our 2023 run game is Hyde's ability to bounce.

I don't think he's any more powerful, or faster than David Johnson.

But Hyde would press the line, drawing all the defenders in, then bounce outside.

David Johnson doesn't have that bounce. He'd hit the whole & try to plow through.

I think if Prosise would have got more touches he'd have produced more like Hyde because he had that bounce. He seemed to see the field the same way Hyde did.

But we'd be better off fixing the line
, that planning for the worse.

I agree with all, but especially the last sentence. I found grades for our linemen. Our eyes are not deceiving us …. they really are bad. The highest ranked was, of course, the richest …. but his ranking was only 75% ! All the rest of the …. starters ? …. ranked in the 50's …. that stinks. We've got to get personnel on the line ! A great start would be, finding someone who can identify it …. then coach it !

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Sermon reminded me of Arian Foster, with those outstanding cutbacks. I also liked the Buckeyes TE Ruckert. Blocks, catches, and runs after the catch. Their OC Myers looks like a player, as well.

OptimisticTexan

Sermon reminded me of Arian Foster, with those outstanding cutbacks. I also liked the Buckeyes TE Ruckert. Blocks, catches, and runs after the catch. Their OC Myers looks like a player, as well.
I’m going to look up Ruckert to see where he’s projected in the draft. Dude made a statement as well last night.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I agree with all, but especially the last sentence. I found grades for our linemen. Our eyes are not deceiving us …. they really are bad. The highest ranked was, of course, the richest …. but his ranking was only 75% ! All the rest of the …. starters ? …. ranked in the 50's …. that stinks. We've got to get personnel on the line ! A great start would be, finding someone who can identify it …. then coach it !
Funny to me but Tunsil at 75% pro bowl!

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
Funny to me but Tunsil at 75% pro bowl!

Don't you think they kind of carry their reputation with them ? Plus, I see an arrogance about him, he doesn't seem to generate that humility that most of our players do. I think that "self confidence" registers, if not impresses some folks !

badboy

Hall of Fame
Don't you think they kind of carry their reputation with them ? Plus, I see an arrogance about him, he doesn't seem to generate that humility that most of our players do. I think that "self confidence" registers, if not impresses some folks !
Not sure as I don't know what rep he has. He had the mask & bowl thing at draft that caused him to slide but he was a bit above avg IMO with Miami. Attention may be better word than rep due to trade and then the contract. I'm okay with some arrogance if the player performs.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Did Teague tear his achilles?
When spring football practice started, Master Teague III was determined to show he was ready to step into the big shoes required for an Ohio State running back.
He had made third-team All-Big Ten as J.K. Dobbins’ backup last year, but Teague’s 2019 season didn’t end the way he wanted. After Dobbins became hobbled against Clemson in the College Football Playoff semifinal, Teague gained only 9 yards on seven carries as the Buckeyes’ run game sputtered in the second half of that crushing loss.
Then Teague’s spring practice ended almost as soon as it began when he sustained an Achilles tendon injury. Such injuries can be devastating, particularly for a running back. Teague, however, appears to have made a speedy recovery.
The Buckeyes don’t open their belated Big Ten-only season until Oct. 24, but Teague believes he’d have been ready if the season hadn’t been delayed. He now views the injury as a blessing in disguise.

It was definitely just another chance for me to grow as a person, as a man, as a player, and continue to build discipline in my life to help me with certain things down the road,” Teague said.
Teague is deeply religious, and he believes his injury happened for a reason, even if the third-year sophomore couldn’t comprehend that when it happened.
“I was in shock at the time,” he said.
Teague was diligent with his rehab. When COVID-19 hit and almost every other Buckeye went home in the spring, Teague stayed in his apartment and rehabbed on his own with guidance from the OSU medical team.

Here are some players that I’m keeping my eye on:

WR: Tylan Wallace, Ok St
Sage Surret, Wake Forest
Anthony Schwartz, Auburn
Austin Watkins, UAB
Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Iowa
Dyami Brown, NC

CB: Shaun Wade, Ohio State
Kary Vincent Jr, LSU
Rodarius Wlliams, Ok St
Elijah Molden, Washington
Greg Newsome II, Northwestern
TJ Carter, Memphis
Marco Wilson, Florida

DL: Christian Barmore, Alabama
Levi Onwuzurike, Washington
Khyiris Tonga, BYU
Tedarrell Slaton, Florida

Edge: Patrick Jones II, Pittsburgh
Carlos Basham Jr, Wake Forest
Rashad Weaver, Pittsburgh
Jordan Smith, UAB
Deangelo Malone, W. Kentucky
Patrick Johnson, Tulane

S: Javon Holland, Oregon
Andre Cisco, Syracuse
Hamsah Nasirildeen, Fl St

RB: Kenneth Gainwell, Memphis
Mohamed Ibrahim, Minnesota
Zamir White, Georgia
Chuba Hubbard, Ok St

iOL: Deonte Brown, Alabama
Drake Jackson, Kentucky
David Moored, Gambling
Alec Lindstrom, BC
Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa

badboy

Hall of Fame

Sage Surret, Wake Forest
Anthony Schwartz, Auburn
Austin Watkins, UAB
Dyami Brown, NC

Kary Vincent Jr, LSU
Rodarius Wlliams, Ok St
TJ Carter, Memphis
Marco Wilson, Florida

Khyiris Tonga, BYU

Jordan Smith, UAB
Patrick Johnson, Tulane

Andre Cisco, Syracuse

Zamir White, Georgia
Chuba Hubbard, Ok St

Drake Jackson, Kentucky
David Moored, Gambling
Alec Lindstrom, BC
Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa
I appreciate the effort and have watched most of them for 2 years and all have issues that concern me. Two I like are

Chuba Hubbard, Ok St

I appreciate the effort and have watched most of them for 2 years and all have issues that concern me. Two I like are

Chuba Hubbard, Ok St
That’s a fair opinion. Considering that we don’t have a pick until the 3rd round, unless we trade players for picks, I’d expect players to have areas of concern.

Who are your top targets?

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club

Zamir White, Georgia
Chuba Hubbard, Ok St
I really like what I saw of Rhamondre Stevenson of OU

badboy

Hall of Fame
I evaluate center as one of our most significant weaknesses as that position not only need to call the line plays correctly, listen to QB and protect him at all cost during plays plus assist LG and RG and move past line of scrimmage on run plays. Martin has been a total failure and cannot play another position.

Running Back is another of our most significant weaknesses as discussed here and other threads. I do think this position in the 2021 draft has more opportunities than does center but I would have difficult time not selecting at #67 a Back I feel could be a franchise type at that pick.

Corner another joke and Roby instills minimal confidence although his and no one elses PFF was over 70. John Reid may have some hope with new coaching but I'm concerned Weave weaves his way into the next regieme . I hoped for Josh Jobe but he is moved higher into second round on some board but one I use has him in the mid 200s & if he doesn't get a second round grade he should return to Alabama. I am hopeful a cheaper vet will plus a hole on our defense in free agency maybe a one year deal trying to make good.

Players I would draft today:

3.67 Center one guy only Alabama's Landon Dickerson whom I've seen mocked to only one team above us.

*My guy: RB Javonte Williams 5'10" 220 North Carolina a junior.
2020 stats: 11 games 157/1,140 yards at avg 7.2619 TDs! 25/305 catches @ 12.2 3 TDs
"A goal line power back who moves ball and piks up yards after hit. 3 down back.

More later to divide up posts for easier flow and read.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Sage Surret, Wake Forest
Anthony Schwartz, Auburn
Austin Watkins, UAB
Dyami Brown, NC

Kary Vincent Jr, LSU
Rodarius Wlliams, Ok St
TJ Carter, Memphis
Marco Wilson, Florida

Khyiris Tonga, BYU

Jordan Smith, UAB
Patrick Johnson, Tulane

Andre Cisco, Syracuse

Zamir White, Georgia
Chuba Hubbard, Ok St

Drake Jackson, Kentucky
David Moored, Gambling
Alec Lindstrom, BC
Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa
Very good lists

RB Hill Miss St
RB Robinson Ala
RB Patterson Buffalo
RB Stevenson Okla

DT Wilson Fla St
DT Shelvin LSU
DT McNeil South Car. (I really like this guy)
DT Merrill Ark St.

Edge- No Chase Young but a very deep class.
Sanders Cinn.
Tryon Wash
Elerson N. Iowa
Tyreke Smith Ohio St. (I really like this guy and Jordan Smith)
Cooper Ohio St.
Snoden Va.

I will get to the later.
CB's
S
LB's

Last edited:
Very good lists

RB Hill Miss St
RB Robinson Ala
RB Patterson Buffalo
RB Stevenson Okla

DT Wilson Fla St
DT Shelvin LSU
DT McNeil South Car. (I really like this guy)
DT Merrill Ark St.

Edge- No Chase Young but a very deep class.
Sanders Cinn.
Tryon Wash
Elerson N. Iowa
Tyreke Smith Ohio St. (I really like this guy and Jordan Smith)
Cooper Ohio St.
Snoden Va.

I will get to the later.
CB's
S
LB's
Any Oline guys that you’re watching?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Trey Smith/Humphrey/Mienerz/Hainsey looked good as interior OL.

Radunz -LT looked like the best OL at the Sr Bowl. Top 20 pick

Ealy RT from Oklahoma will probably go in the 3rd or 4th rd and will be a steal.

Jaylon Moore OT Western Michigan is a small school guy that showed well. IMHO
I really like what I know about radunz. If we get anywhere near the trade Haul for DW that I want, I would go heavy on the offensive line to protect any of our future QBs. I am also ready to move on from laremy tunsil For the right deal. Rebuild the offensive Trench And Bring in a wide receiver starter or two Plus a decent running back and we would be a significantly improved roster

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I really like what I know about radunz. If we get anywhere near the trade Haul for DW that I want, I would go heavy on the offensive line to protect any of our future QBs. I am also ready to move on from laremy tunsil For the right deal. Rebuild the offensive Trench And Bring in a wide receiver starter or two Plus a decent running back and we would be a significantly improved roster
The OL just needs better coaching. IMHO

I'm ok with trading Tunsil but there better be multiple 1st rd picks involved.

Whyare you so quick to want to trade a 25 yr old pro bowl caliber LT? Those kind of guys are hard to find.

badboy

Hall of Fame

Whyare you so quick to want to trade a 25 yr old pro bowl caliber LT? Those kind of guys are hard to find.
I guess I just expect Tunsil to be further along in his career. I know that part of that is coaching but he just doesn't really perform like a pro bowler in his movements. As you know I think that we might get 1.13 from the Chargers with their third-round pick. I just don't see Tunsil bringing Multiple round ones Even if in different years. I would definitely consider those. I think this is a deeper Draft for left tackles than I originally hoped for.

A prior to June one trade will also add 9.7 million to the cap space which I think you would enjoy. I love Darrasaw.

What I would do if we do get more picks is I’d draft a LT to groom behind Tunsil. His contract is short, and that way we’re not force a young guy in when he’s not ready.
If we groomed one of the up and coming tackles in this years class, then we could trade Tunsil for multiple picks.

Last edited:

OptimisticTexan

What I would do if we do get more picks is I’d draft a LT to groom behind Tunsil. His contract is short, and that way we’re not force a young guy in when he’s not ready.
If we groomed on off the up and cooking tables in this years class, then we could trade Tunsil for multiple picks.
I'm writing OT, Penei Sewel- Oregon in as my RD1-03 pick if the Texans trade Watson to the Dolphins. If another team feels they can't live without QB's Zach Wilson or Justin Fields and offer a sweet enough package that says moving back is going to be worth it....then I forgo Sewel and work from another angle with more picks.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If we groomed on off the up and cooking tables in this years class, then we could trade Tunsil for multiple picks.
I think that guy is Heck.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I guess I just expect Tunsil to be further along in his career. I know that part of that is coaching but he just doesn't really perform like a pro bowler in his movements. As you know I think that we might get 1.13 from the Chargers with their third-round pick. I just don't see Tunsil bringing Multiple round ones Even if in different years. I would definitely consider those. I think this is a deeper Draft for left tackles than I originally hoped for.

A prior to June one trade will also add 9.7 million to the cap space which I think you would enjoy. I love Darrasaw.
A 2 time pro bowler.

My 2 LT's I like after Sewell

1. Radunz- very good with higher upside.
2. Darrisaw- screams 10 yr LT starter, pro bowler

badboy

Hall of Fame
A 2 time pro bowler.

Right there with you on both of these guys especially darrisaw. To me I see him as being better than Tunsil each comparative year and a huge cost savings for 4 of his 5 rookie years; like getting Tunsil on his. Then getting another pick? Yes!

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member

James Hudson from Cincinnati is an OT on the rise. Was a DT out of Michigan that transferred and switched positions. Has excellent foot quickness and likes to mix it up. Might start out at OG, then bump outside to RT.

badboy

Hall of Fame
James Hudson from Cincinnati is an OT on the rise. Was a DT out of Michigan that transferred and switched positions. Has excellent foot quickness and likes to mix it up. Might start out at OG, then bump outside to RT.
I have him rising from sixth to late fifth but would not be surprised if he drops back as draft progresses. I think he needs some time in NFL under a good coach.

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
I gess I just expect Tunsil to be further along in his career. I know that part of that is coaching but he just doesn't really perform like a pro bowler in his movements.u As you know I think that we might get 1.13 from the Chargers with their third-round pick. I just don't see Tunsil bringing Multiple round ones Even if in different years. I would definitely consider those. I think this is a deeper Draft for left tackles than I originally hoped for.

I see the same thing in Tunsil. He looks like a minimalist to me. Small, almost effortless movements that are just enough to keep his man from getting to the Watson. I never see the explosion that I want to see from him .... but he almost always gets the job done .... without sacrificing his expensive body. I didn't realize what he was doing for the longest time .... thought he was just mailing it in. I was watching the Rams .... I enjoy their offense. I focused in on Andrew Whitworh, their 40 year old left tackle, who came out the same year as Eric Winston. That is the same way Whitworth handles his man .... just kinda gets in his way .... hence his longevity, BTW, that is my opinion only. I never read it anywhere and never played any position on the line on either side. I want to see my guy just blow the other guy into the backfield, but I've begun to think this way is safer. I still don't feel like Tunsil is a true TEAM GUY. He seems a bit aloof to me .... that's his prerogative .... I can't even imagine his income or viewpoint .... I might act as he does .... but, I don't like to think so !

badboy

Hall of Fame
If we groomed one of the up and coming tackles in this years class, then we could trade Tunsil for multiple picks.
Charlie Heck is already on the roster and is that guy.
Edit, in review I see that steel B Already stated this.

Last edited:

badboy

Hall of Fame
I think we’ll get a late 3rd/early 4th for Watt. That extra pick will really important because the mid rounds are packed with potential at positions of need for us.
I'm writing OT, Penei Sewel- Oregon in as my RD1-03 pick if the Texans trade Watson to the Dolphins. If another team feels they can't live without QB's Zach Wilson or Justin Fields and offer a sweet enough package that says moving back is going to be worth it....then I forgo Sewel and work from another angle with more picks.
Sewell is rated as the number one pick by everybody for OT but I see darrisaw as his equal. There are also several other left tackle later in first and second round. If we were to get a quarterback in Tu'a tag I would definitely consider trading down out of pick 3. Cowboys have a wide receiver in ceedee lamb that I want and also a cornerback Tryon Diggs.

OptimisticTexan

Sewell is rated as the number one pick by everybody for OT but I see darrisaw as his equal. There are also several other left tackle later in first and second round. If we were to get a quarterback in Tu'a tag I would definitely consider trading down out of pick 3. Cowboys have a wide receiver in ceedee lamb that I want and also a cornerback Tryon Diggs.
Check out my Draft Miami / Carolina Trade Mock 1.0......I actually trade out of the 3 pick with Carolina and slide back to #8. I think Darrisaw could be had at that pick while picking up another RD2 pick and a 2022 RD2 pick.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I see the same thing in Tunsil. He looks like a minimalist to me. Small, almost effortless movements that are just enough to keep his man from getting to the Watson. I never see the explosion that I want to see from him .... but he almost always gets the job done .... without sacrificing his expensive body. I didn't realize what he was doing for the longest time .... thought he was just mailing it in. I was watching the Rams .... I enjoy their offense. I focused in on Andrew Whitworh, their 40 year old left tackle, who came out the same year as Eric Winston. That is the same way Whitworth handles his man .... just kinda gets in his way .... hence his longevity, BTW, that is my opinion only. I never read it anywhere and never played any position on the line on either side. I want to see my guy just blow the other guy into the backfield, but I've begun to think this way is safer. I still don't feel like Tunsil is a true TEAM GUY. He seems a bit aloof to me .... that's his prerogative .... I can't even imagine his income or viewpoint .... I might act as he does .... but, I don't like to think so !
Your evaluation is the same as mine on laremy tunsil. And I don't think he's just mailing it in. He knows his bread-and-butter is keeping QB standing up but like you said he is taking care of His future also.

I'm just looking at the possible trade bringing in multiple new rookies and I want to keep the team excitement at that level. Give me 1.13 and a third round Tunsil and I will be Dancing in the Moonlight.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Check out my Draft Miami / Carolina Trade Mock 1.0......I actually trade out of the 3 pick with Carolina and slide back to #8. I think Darrisaw could be had at that pick while picking up another RD2 pick and a 2022 RD2 pick.
Ok. Headed over there now.