Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BADBOYs players for 2021 draft

Bmac is strictly holefiller and run stopper and he isn't doing much of that lately. He needs to go.

Yeah he can go. I'm just saying if they can't move him or don't want to release him. I'd try to get more production out of him by playing him in the edge on the weakside.

If its cheaper to cut him then thats the route I'd go.

There's not many players on the defense that I'd actually look at as long term solutions though.

Yeah he can go. I'm just saying if they can't move him or don't want to release him. I'd try to get more production out of him by playing him in the edge on the weakside.

If its cheaper to cut him then thats the route I'd go.

There's not many players on the defense that I'd actually look at as long term solutions though.
Better if we can trade but I can't imagine him at edge. He needs way more speed. He is good MLB for years ago. I've discussed trading him for two years but I doubt anyone wants him. There was some talk before season that he had been offered as part of a trade proposal.

Texas has FG blocked in OT
OU follows with missed chip shot FG on 2nd down

As I have posted before elsewhere I say outside of quarterback a running back is the most likely to have a huge impact on a team. Even greater than a WR who can score, a back scores but has larger impact in ball control and protecting QB with blocking and dump plays. Watching players like AP, Tennessee's Derek Henry and Dallas EE keeping their teams interesting.

I want Alabama's Najee Harris as I did Damien Harris and Josh Jacobs but to get him we have to use our third in ' 21 at minimum and that is only if we end up picking high.

Le'Veon Bell if available to Houston is intriguing. I hope to see CnnnD give his current
Medical opinion on Bell's hamstring. If he were to remain on IR with the new rules for a few weeks I would still be interested. With a 'good' contract he could be a better option after this season than David Johnson.
Plus frees up our third which we desperately can use elsewhere.

As I have posted before elsewhere I say outside of quarterback a running back is the most likely to have a huge impact on a team. Even greater than a WR who can score, a back scores but has larger impact in ball control and protecting QB with blocking and dump plays. Watching players like AP, Tennessee's Derek Henry and Dallas EE keeping their teams interesting.

I want Alabama's Najee Harris as I did Damien Harris and Josh Jacobs but to get him we have to use our third in ' 21 at minimum and that is only if we end up picking high.

Le'Veon Bell if available to Houston is intriguing. I hope to see CnnnD give his current
Medical opinion on Bell's hamstring. If he were to remain on IR with the new rules for a few weeks I would still be interested. With a 'good' contract he could be a better option after this season than David Johnson.
Plus frees up our third which we desperately can use elsewhere.

Thought the same thing when I heard the Jets cut him. We all know he can be a very productive RB as proven with the Steelers. As for his time with the Jets....cut and paste Texans only with a winning record during that period of time. Not so much this season but it could be getting better. More importantly, do we really need a Johnson-N-Johnson to do the same exact thing? Bell would be a nice addition for the remainder of this season and a key piece next season when the Texans can cut ties with David J. If the Texans got him now and he got on the field by game 9.....he'd be fully acclimated to the offense by seasons end and better prepared for RB1 duties in 2021.

Thought the same thing when I heard the Jets cut him. We all know he can be a very productive RB as proven with the Steelers. As for his time with the Jets....cut and paste Texans only with a winning record during that period of time. Not so much this season but it could be getting better. More importantly, do we really need a Johnson-N-Johnson to do the same exact thing? Bell would be a nice addition for the remainder of this season and a key piece next season when the Texans can cut ties with David J. If the Texans got him now and he got on the field by game 9.....he'd be fully acclimated to the offense by seasons end and better prepared for RB1 duties in 2021.
Yes. as you may recall I wanted him to come to Houston after he left Pittsburgh. However looking back I think he would have had the same coaching issues with O'Brien as he did with Gage in New York. There is some risk with Bell, I think he would be very good here. A solid back who can block and catch if we have HC that knows how to use him. RAC 's 'let the boys play' seems to be what Bell needs plus he should get the respect he craves.

Red shirt senior QB Kyle Trask 6'5" 239 University of Florida from Manville Texas. Pocket passer.
2019 played all 12 but took over in game two and started rest of season
11-2. 237 of 354 attempts 67% 2,941
25 Yrs with 7 INTs. 156 passes rating.
3 Yrs vs LSU followed by 4 Yrs vs South Carolina. Manning award finales and SEC Academic Honor role

I have him round three but high ceiling.
Date of Birth March 6, 1998
While Kyle Trask has moved up projected mock drafts, today's game first half vs LSU he has thrown two interceptions and just had a turn over fumble allowing LSU to kick field goal with five seconds left. LSU 24 Florida 17.

My guy in the 4th/5th rd, Brian Robinson RB Alabama scored 3 TD's last week.
Yes I watched that and he plays behind Najee Harris who has 22 TDs this season.

He is one of the running backs that I have projected to fourth or fifth round which would be great for Houston. I prefer Hubbard but this is good draft to get a starting running back on day three.

Oklahoma State running back chubba Hubbard has announced he is opting out remainder of 2020 schedule to prepare for NFL 2021 draft. I am very interested in Hubbard for Houston.
Hubbard will run in the low 4.3s at the combine, and go about 40 picks before the Texans draft. If they take a RB in the 3rd, Miss State's Kylin Hill would be a possibility. A slasher with excellent hands, Hill reminds me a lot of Kareem Hunt.

Hubbard will run in the low 4.3s at the combine, and go about 40 picks before the Texans draft. If they take a RB in the 3rd, Miss State's Kylin Hill would be a possibility. A slasher with excellent hands, Hill reminds me a lot of Kareem Hunt.
Agree but if we don't get Hubbard in the third I would hold off until later rounds to get a running back. That 3rd is so important.

Agree but if we don't get Hubbard in the third I would hold off until later rounds to get a running back. That 3rd is so important.
Hubbard is plenty fast .... but at 6'1" 207, I don't think he would last very long .... without at least one, if not two from Steel's trio up there !

See Eddie George- 6'3" and Adrian Peterson- 6'1 1/2"
Just looked them up - George - 6'3" - 240, Peterson - 6'1" - 220. I've been studying it for years .... began with Earl - 5'11 - 235 .... I wondered how he could be that size and have he speed and endurance. I asked Bum about it .... he said that Earl was just a physical marvel .... said that he was such a superior athlete, that in the 4th quarter, he became even more dominant - he wore 'em down ! I want Trey Sermon - he just ran for 331 yards !!

Just looked them up - George - 6'3" - 240, Peterson - 6'1" - 220. I've been studying it for years .... began with Earl - 5'11 - 235 .... I wondered how he could be that size and have he speed and endurance. I asked Bum about it .... he said that Earl was just a physical marvel .... said that he was such a superior athlete, that in the 4th quarter, he became even more dominant - he wore 'em down ! I want Trey Sermon - he just ran for 331 yards !!
I wonder how much longer Earl would have lasted if he didn't have to hit the ground at least 8 games a year on the thin layer of AstroTurf and solid concrete underneath

I'm liking

RB Robinson- Alabama
RB Stephenson- OU

Love Hill too though.
What do you guys think about North Carolina running back Javonte Williams? He's turned it around really good this year average 7.26 running and over 12 receiving.

Hubbard would be teamed with Rhamondre Williams 6'0 236.

Sermon preached today!

What do you guys think about North Carolina running back Javonte Williams? He's turned it around really good this year average 7.26 running and over 12 receiving.

I think I saw him early in the season .... couldn't remember .... looked him up ....5'10" 220 .... part of the state champ 4x100 champs - hell yeah !

I think I saw him early in the season .... couldn't remember .... looked him up ....5'10" 220 .... part of the state champ 4x100 champs - hell yeah !
I am not a big follower of North Carolina but JW just really stands out. And gives us another option. I would love to be able to go simply with a different position but we have to have a running game. Enough so that I am contemplating drafting two. If Javonte is all that his review implies I think we could just go with him.

I am not a big follower of North Carolina but JW just really stands out. And gives us another option. I would love to be able to go simply with a different position but we have to have a running game. Enough so that I am contemplating drafting two. If Javonte is all that his review implies I think we could just go with him.

I just watched 3 tapes on him .... he's got talent for days ! If he's a secret now, he won't be for long ! You can't just go with him though. I'd like to have a scatback and a big boy, or a fullback .... and not the one we have !

I've just seen highlights, but he's fast/runs hard and has great contact balance. Certainly worth a rd 3 pick if he's good catching the ball and pass pro.

Because of Direct TV/Channel 11, I didn't get to watch Alabama/Fla. Can anybody tell me how Jobe/Moses looked for Alabama. Also the DT Slayton/ DE Cox for Fla?

I just watched 3 tapes on him .... he's got talent for days ! If he's a secret now, he won't be for long ! You can't just go with him though. I'd like to have a scatback and a big boy, or a fullback .... and not the one we have !
Yeah I'm interested in drafting two. I do enjoy having a fast RB. I just want two that can alternate, move the ball keeping the offense of the other team on the bench and score TDs. We need to have a running back that can get points.

Because of Direct TV/Channel 11, I didn't get to watch Alabama/Fla. Can anybody tell me how Jobe/Moses looked for Alabama. Also the DT Slayton/ DE Cox for Fla?
Jobe did great but had two huge errors. One was lining up offside causing Florida to get another chance and they scored. I mock him round 4 but will not be surprised if he moves up.

I had a thought while watching the game. I think we need to have board .... not of prospects, but of players that we absolutely need to keep ! Then, list possible replacements !

Jobe did great but had two huge errors. One was lining up offside causing Florida to get another chance and they scored. I mock him round 4 but will not be surprised if he moves up.

I would take Jobe in the 3rd.

Also if there was another good pass rusher available or a cover LB I would trade back up into the 3rd for one of those guys.

I would take Jobe in the 3rd.

Also if there was another good pass rusher available or a cover LB I would trade back up into the 3rd for one of those guys.
I understand your post but do not think there is a good cover linebacker. I also know you disagree. Next I am tired of drafting pass-rushers. it is time to develop Martin, Omenihu, Blacklock, etc and quit wasting draft picks. If a reasonable option for one exists in the 6th round I would Nod my head for that. I think that you agree that the production we have seen from Chad Henson decreases the need for a wide receiver with our top three picks. Isaiah Coulter also should impact the decision for that position.

RB is highest priority no matter where we get one in draft as he can protect number four, improve the offensive line and all receivers plus the defense by keeping it off the field. Also the right running back will put touchdowns on the scoreboard. Therefore we have to strike it big in the running game. The later rounds the better but also increases the risk. I get the need for Effective pass rush however we keep spinning the cylinder with a hammer firing on a dud.

I understand your post but do not think there is a good cover linebacker. I also know you disagree. Next I am tired of drafting pass-rushers. it is time to develop Martin, Omenihu, Blacklock, etc and quit wasting draft picks. If a reasonable option for one exists in the 6th round I would Nod my head for that. I think that you agree that the production we have seen from Chad Henson decreases the need for a wide receiver with our top three picks. Isaiah Coulter also should impact the decision for that position.

RB is highest priority no matter where we get one in draft as he can protect number four, improve the offensive line and all receivers plus the defense by keeping it off the field. Also the right running back will put touchdowns on the scoreboard. Therefore we have to strike it big in the running game. The later rounds the better but also increases the risk. I get the need for Effective pass rush however we keep spinning the cylinder with a hammer firing on a dud.

Since all of the holes cant be filled this yr

Give me Jobe/Best S and RB in rds 3-4

Yeah but I haven't heard that. Last season we were talking about him being a foundational position player not anywhere close to that this season
I heard he was hurt .... I think on pregame. I never noticed him during the game. Seemed right to me because, even if you're just watching the ball, you end up seeing him - and often. It makes sense to me now .... glad I didn't hear he was in .... it would have forced bad words from my mouth !

Alabama scores on a pass then on kick off ND fair catches kickoff within the 5 or so. By rule the ref placed ball at 25 yard line. I must be stupid but what am I missing here? Why wasn't the ball down where the returner caught it on a fair Catch? Did a rewind to make sure my eyes saw what I thought I did.

Hubbard will run in the low 4.3s at the combine,
Surely they’re going to do a combine won’t they? If they can do games, should be no reason they can’t do a socially distant combine right?

Surely they’re going to do a combine won’t they? If they can do games, should be no reason they can’t do a socially distant combine right?
I bet that the NFL already is working on just that subject matter. RE: my previous post Notre Dame did another fair catch of a kickoff and it was also brought out to the 25. I guess I missed that rule. I knew that kickoff allowed to go through the end zone are brought out to the 25.

Man …. I was so afraid of this …. Trey Sermon is revealing his talent to the rest of the nation ! He's been living in the latter rounds, or even free agent rounds of the mock drafts …. we're losing him as I speak ! Aaaarrrrhh !!

Back