Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Badboy's college players to watch for future

Arkansas Kicker Cam Little has hit multiple 50+ FG's that look like they would be good from 70... Junior worth a draft pick when he comes out.

Malachi Moore a safety I'm watching didn't cover in coverage for Alabama; looked confused on a play and allowed his guy to get loose for long pass. He is not impressing so far.

Rome Odunze continues to be remarkable.
Harrison
Odunze
Nabers
Coleman
Egbuka
Worthy

Plenty of great second tier guys like Legette/ Polk/Anias Smith/Whittington/Mitchell.

Etc...

This is a great yr to need a difference making WR.

If Cleveland stinks I could see drafting Bowers at say 1-6 and if a guy like Coleman falls to say 1-25, I would trade up using the Texans 2nd and 3rd rd picks. Getting a top TE and a WR1 in the same draft is a win/win. Weapons.

Give me one of Odunze/Egbuka/Coleman or Worthy over Franklin. I'm not sure Franklin has the strength to beat press coverage consistently at the NFL level.

I'm sure BL is depressed. LOL
I agree Franklin looks frail but man can he ball. Odunze reminds me of MHJ when he goes after the ball. We could have a great off season if we hit a couple free agents or trades. I hope Caserio is aggressive.

Georgia All-American tight end Brock Bowers will have surgery on his injured left ankle Monday, the school announced.
Bowers, the No. 4 NFL draft prospect on ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr.'s latest Big Board, suffered a high ankle sprain in the first half of the No. 1 Bulldogs' 37-20 victory against Vanderbilt on Saturday and did not return.
Georgia said a full recovery is anticipated, but an exact timeline of Bowers' return is unclear. Sources said he is expected to undergo TightRope surgery, which involves using surgical thread instead of metal screws and is designed to accelerate recovery.
EDITOR'S PICKS
The typical recovery time for a TightRope surgical procedure is four to six weeks.
He is the third Georgia player to have the procedure this season. Starting right tackle Amarius Mims, a preseason All-SEC pick, had the surgery after suffering a high ankle sprain in mid-September, and he hasn't yet returned to the field. Tight end Lawson Luckie had the procedure in mid-August and recently returned to action.
Quarterback Tua Tagovailoa had the surgery at Alabama in 2018 and was out for a month. Wide receiver Cedric Tillman had the surgery at Tennessee last year and missed four games.
Bowers, a junior from Napa, California, was helped off the field by trainers with 7:24 remaining in the second quarter. He was taken to the medical tent on the sideline and then helped to the locker room for X-rays. He had 4 catches for 22 yards before exiting vs. Vanderbilt.

Just turned on Oregon vs Washington state. Thought would be blow out but Oregon up by only 4 beginning 3rd Q.

Troy Franklin 1 good reception and 1 miss that could be debatable. I am interested in DL Brandon Dorlus who started season good but is first game back from injury.

I will try to update stats first half

* beautiful Nix pass for TD to RB Irving. 24-13

Top of 4th quarter and Dorlus powers from the right side almost sacking the quarterback and then runs around the left side following the quarterback and Powers into him almost interrupting the pass. This is what I wanted to see from this player. Seems to have very good power and strength and more than adequate speed. Usually do not see defensive lineman at 290 lb moving that well. Not JJ athletic but that play was a highlight play.

Edited to clarify that was on same play.

2nd and goal from 30s after penalty: RB Irving gets carry and injured, lying on field. Camera goes to audience showing a boy about 11 saying F bomb. Way to go mom and dad.

One play later with Irving standing on sideline, Oregon goes up 38-16. I'm turning it off.

Harrison
Odunze
Nabers
Coleman
Egbuka
Worthy

Plenty of great second tier guys like Legette/ Polk/Anias Smith/Whittington/Mitchell.

Etc...

This is a great yr to need a difference making WR.

If Cleveland stinks I could see drafting Bowers at say 1-6 and if a guy like Coleman falls to say 1-25, I would trade up using the Texans 2nd and 3rd rd picks. Getting a top TE and a WR1 in the same draft is a win/win. Weapons.
Brian Thomas Jr of LSU
Legette of South Carolina

After JW Casper gave his opinion on Legette, sign me up for this guy in the 2nd. I bet he tears up the combine.

I've seen quite a bit of Thomas and like him alot. I bet he stays in school.

I didn’t understand why Legette only had 1 catch for 20 yards against Missouri. I didn’t watch the game. Found out just recently he got hurt in the first half and exited the medical tent with his hand wrapped. It’s being deemed a “upper body injury” but no details yet. Any medical history on a prospect instantly gets memory banked for me, so this will be something to watch.

Back