Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BADBOY college players to watch 2023 draft

What does 1 player have to do with another? Look how many deals Rosenhaus has been involved and they weren't pretty either. PK said he liked negotiating with Drew because Drew had clients and knew what he was looking for. The fact that athletes 1st have probably the games best players, you can't duck the agency. If you do that, you're again making the talent pool even smaller to choose from.
The problem is not dealing with Athletes 1st, it's dealing with Mulagheta. They would just have to be very careful and not give him the stupid leverage that OB and Easterby did. Other teams deal with him all the time, so there is a way

The problem is not dealing with Athletes 1st, it's dealing with Mulagheta. They would just have to be very careful and not give him the stupid leverage that OB and Easterby did. Other teams deal with him all the time, so there is a way
Pretty much. I mean agents work for the players and are conduits to management. Their job is to get the best deal possible for their guys. I don't think McNair nor Caserio will have a problem dealing with athletes 1st or even Mulagheta. They understand and see the roster they have. Like you stated, nobody thought Watson would want out of the organization fresh off his deal. The no trade made it worse.

What does 1 player have to do with another? Look how many deals Rosenhaus has been involved and they weren't pretty either. PK said he liked negotiating with Drew because Drew had clients and knew what he was looking for. The fact that athletes 1st have probably the games best players, you can't duck the agency. If you do that, you're again making the talent pool even smaller to choose from.

If there's a generational player you deal with them. But you do it knowing contracts mean nothing. I wouldn't even have a press conference with one of DM's clients announcing their signing. It's a waste of time.

Gotta know who you're dealing with and if talent is close to even then stay far away from that trash.

If there's a generational player you deal with them. But you do it knowing contracts mean nothing. I wouldn't even have a press conference with one of DM's clients announcing their signing. It's a waste of time.

Gotta know who you're dealing with and if talent is close to even then stay far away from that trash.
Again, generational is thrown around too loosely imo. Can't be a generational qb every year nor is that a reason why qb's win superbowls in this era. Eli,Ben,nor rivers were generational qb but 2 of them won 2 superbowls and Ben kept his team in the playoffs and were a threat. Eli is a .500 qb record wise got 2 rings. he and Rivers went top 4. You just have to be right anytime you're drafting high.

Again, generational is thrown around too loosely imo. Can't be a generational qb every year nor is that a reason why qb's win superbowls in this era. Eli,Ben,nor rivers were generational qb but 2 of them won 2 superbowls and Ben kept his team in the playoffs and were a threat. Eli is a .500 qb record wise got 2 rings. he and Rivers went top 4. You just have to be right anytime you're drafting high.

Guys gotta be generational before I deal with DM.

Again I say Roschon Johnson RB Texas does it all as a #2
They run alot of rbbc in college. There are plenty of underused rb in college. The kid in ksate is going to be underdrafted and barring injury, I think he's going to have a really good nfl career. If he's there in the 4th or 5th rd, I would draft him to the Texans. Change of pace, know how to find the endzone, runs bigger than his size, tough as nails.

They run alot of rbbc in college. There are plenty of underused rb in college. The kid in ksate is going to be underdrafted and barring injury, I think he's going to have a really good nfl career. If he's there in the 4th or 5th rd, I would draft him to the Texans. Change of pace, know how to find the endzone, runs bigger than his size, tough as nails.

He's got something this team is really missing. Speed.

Kinda reminds me of Sproles a little bit.

He's got something this team is really missing. Speed.

Kinda reminds me of Sproles a little bit.
He's strong as a bull too. I don't think he's as quick or fast as Sproles, but I thing he stronger and shifty like him with good burst. I would've like Hymes from Indy when they were fireselling, but that's probably asking too much.

Unfortunate that University of Florida does not have another Pierce to offer Us in the fourth round in 2023.

I've cooled on Ika from Baylor. He's big, and hard to move, but he really doesn't seem to be very athletic. He can clog the middle, but he is rarely involved in any plays because he doesn't seem to get off of any blocks. I've seen RB's run right by him because he was too slow to react.

For now, I'm still in for Jalen Carter, but I'll have to find other DT's to check out.

Background:

I have followed Eli Ricks for a long time and favorably compare him to Derek Stingley pre-injury. If both return to 100% it would be awesome to see them on the same backfield together.
My concern is since he returned early this season from two injuries he has not seen pick up the Alabama defensive system. He is getting compliments from Nick Saban and other non football sources but that would be a concern. Against Mississippi State he had nine targets if I remember correctly with five breakups and allowed only one reception for 19 yd. Most recently against LSU he had only one tackle but two personal interference calls. I do not know how many times he was targeted.

I've cooled on Ika from Baylor. He's big, and hard to move, but he really doesn't seem to be very athletic. He can clog the middle, but he is rarely involved in any plays because he doesn't seem to get off of any blocks. I've seen RB's run right by him because he was too slow to react.

For now, I'm still in for Jalen Carter, but I'll have to find other DT's to check out.
Ika had a undisclosed injury in early October that may be impacting his play today. Also he has better stats than does Carter and comes at a round lower at least.

Maybe someone better at google than me can help. I’ve been told mock drafts last year had us taking a QB in the first round at this point last year as well (just like the current mock drafts mostly have us going QB). But I can’t find any mid season mock drafts for the 2022 draft anyone by chance got a link to a few of those?

Basically I’m low on this years QB class and I’m looking for any shred of hope the Texans don’t go QB this year lol

I'd still rather have Johnson

I like that you have conviction in your thoughts.

I wouldn't have an issue drafting Johnson in the 4th at all. If a really good TE like Kincaid fell to the top of the 4rh I'm running the pick to the podium . That guy reminds me of a young O.D. only better.

Maybe someone better at google than me can help. I’ve been told mock drafts last year had us taking a QB in the first round at this point last year as well (just like the current mock drafts mostly have us going QB). But I can’t find any mid season mock drafts for the 2022 draft anyone by chance got a link to a few of those?

Basically I’m low on this years QB class and I’m looking for any shred of hope the Texans don’t go QB this year lol
Go to the page 2 threads of this forum and you'll find plenty to look at. I don't know if you will find one that says what you are looking for, but a lot of info on previous years in previous pages
ie: https://www.texanstalk.com/threads/priority-team-need-positions-2022-draft.116240/

Go to the page 2 threads of this forum and you'll find plenty to look at. I don't know if you will find one that says what you are looking for, but a lot of info on previous years in previous pages
ie: https://www.texanstalk.com/threads/priority-team-need-positions-2022-draft.116240/
Great Idea, checked some out and seems like roughly 60% of them had us going the QB route at this point last year. That's fairly high but a far cry from the near consensus that our pick will be Young or Stroud.

Great Idea, checked some out and seems like roughly 60% of them had us going the QB route at this point last year. That's fairly high but a far cry from the near consensus that our pick will be Young or Stroud.
Because we know more about Davis mills?

Carter ain't getting off blocks either. He's more athletic, but vs Oregon, he got his helmet knocked off 🤣 🤣

I thought you were looking for what the consensus was for what the Texans would do for the 2022 draft. Did you change your mind?

So what has he done since the first game of the year?
He got injured, he also had a sack vs Tennessee when the qb act like he was waiting for a briskett to finish cooking. I don't think he's played well at all this year. He played better last year when he was surrounded by those other players. Being the man this year hasn't helped his stock. He's not getting off blocks, have no pass rush. If Lovie is indeed going to be the coach next year, he's not a fit as a 3 tech.

He got injured, he also had a sack vs Tennessee when the qb act like he was waiting for a briskett to finish cooking. I don't think he's played well at all this year. He played better last year when he was surrounded by those other players. Being the man this year hasn't helped his stock. He's not getting off blocks, have no pass rush. If Lovie is indeed going to be the coach next year, he's not a fit as a 3 tech.
A lot of the early top 15 or so have really been disappointing to me. I have read only good things about Paris Johnson and see him as a Right Guard but he seems to be falling down in round one also. As we lnow pre-draft mocks are like elevators.

Because we know more about Davis mills?
Do we know more about this yrs class than we do Mills?

Do we know more about Williams/Maye/Ewers?

For that matter what we do know is this yrs class has,

1. Young, a guy who no other QB his size has ever won a championship at his size.

2. Stroud- looked bad against both Penn St and Northwestern. Goes to a School that runs an offense that doesn't translate to the NFL.

3. Levis- most athletic guy of the bunch, has strong but scattershot arm. Will do well on the white board but his lack of ability to read defenses makes me think it doesn't translate.

Do you really want to see any of these guys as the Texans franchise QB for the next 5-7 yrs? I dont

He's played 2 1/2 games.

He made a couple of big plays against Tennessee and was solid against the run. I thought he was solid against Florida. If you dont think he played well against Tennessee then we must've been watching 2 different games. He's done this despite being rusty coming back from injury.

Do we know more about this yrs class than we do Mills?

Do we know more about Williams/Maye/Ewers?

For that matter what we do know is this yrs class has,

1. Young, a guy who no other QB his size has ever won a championship at his size.

2. Stroud- looked bad against both Penn St and Northwestern. Goes to a School that runs an offense that doesn't translate to the NFL.

3. Levis- most athletic guy of the bunch, has strong but scattershot arm. Will do well on the white board but his lack of ability to read defenses makes me think it doesn't translate.

Do you really want to see any of these guys as the Texans franchise QB for the next 5-7 yrs? I dont

Drew Brees and Wilson were Young size. I get it, exceptions to the rule. Stroud had a poor passing game last game, but he ran for 122 yds and that basically won the game. Again, its ok to have different opinion. Carter has been a non factor and he doesn't get off blocks like Walker in Jacksonville. At least Walker can run plays down, but as a pass rusher, he bringing zero.

He's played 2 1/2 games.

He made a couple of big plays against Tennessee and was solid against the run. I thought he was solid against Florida. If you dont think he played well against Tennessee then we must've been watching 2 different games. He's done this despite being rusty coming back from injury.
Solid doesn't equate to top 5 pick. You can get solid in the 2nd,3rd, or 4th rd. If you were to remove his last name, he looks like a day 2 pick. Those are just facts and that's being generous.

Solid doesn't equate to top 5 pick. You can get solid in the 2nd,3rd, or 4th rd. If you were to remove his last name, he looks like a day 2 pick. Those are just facts and that's being generous.

I will take solid against the run and make a couple of game changing plays in the passing game I'm very happy drafting that guy.

I will take solid against the run and make a couple of game changing plays in the passing game I'm very happy drafting that guy.
I am to, just not in the 1st or maybe 2nd rd. That dude has been invisible man this year regardless of last year. Hooker held the ball so freaking long, surprised he didn't take a nap or cook a turkey. You draft solid top 5 and not probowl caliber, that's a miss.

Back