Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

BADBOY college players to watch 2023 draft

I want people who put football 1st and don't have to worry about putting their mental health 1st.
again, I didn't read the article because you didn't link it, but perhaps the mental health thing was outside of football. Or perhaps football is part of his mental health

I think if the Raiders trade Devante Adams they would eat over 30 million in dead cap. I also do not want to pay $40 million a year each of the next 3 years for Derek Carr.

Carr will get released before the Raiders get stuck with the backend of his contract. Their out is at seasons end….cap hit is 16M I believe. Texans could sign him as a FA to a new contract.

Adams cap hit would be 31M in 2023 but his contract for 2023 & 2024 + Bonus become guaranteed after March…..that’s over 20M dollars.

That #1 pick could carry some weight if they want Young….and Cooks.

Carr will get released before the Raiders get stuck with the backend of his contract. Their out is at seasons end….cap hit is 16M I believe. Texans could sign him as a FA to a new contract.

Adams cap hit would be 31M in 2023 but his contract for 2023 & 2024 + Bonus become guaranteed after March…..that’s over 20M dollars.

That #1 pick could carry some weight if they want Young….and Cooks.
seems like cutting Carr is way to go if Raiders want to move him--saving $29 million.

I like the NFL team rankings on Tankathon with Lions & Seattle 3 and 4 with Panthers at 5; hoping some trade offers there. Of course those first two could keep their starters.

I believe both Garoppolo and White have played themselves into new contracts while their respective teams go back to the QB well in 2023 or 2024.
Garoppolo and White are both free agents. Will their current team step up and give them that new contract when neither team wants them as starter? Or will they hit the market and sign to be starter for someone else?

Garoppolo and White are both free agents. Will their current team step up and give them that new contract when neither team wants them as starter? Or will they hit the market and sign to be starter for someone else?

My guess….both teams will sign these QB’s b/c they will not be in a position to draft a potentially better QB in 2023. If they see a potential QB they’re willing to select in RD2 or later, both Garoppolo and White could serve as Bridge QB’s for a few seasons.

Wow, Von Miller had trouble on agility drills? Surprising because that man is fantastic on his feet and getting low to turn the corner on a speed rush. I guess it can work both ways as well. Loved Miller out of the draft but didn't follow the combine that year so wasn't aware of this.

Combine going to be big for all the top guys. Players are going to rise and fall based upon it. If Will Anderson balls out in measurables, man going to be hard not to take him. Especially because he's purportedly got 4.6 speed which is fast enough to play OLB. Guy can line up all over the defensive line. He's one of my big watches this year in the combine. Your guess as good as mine who places where but the big outlier hits & misses are of particular interest.
Anderson was a monster 2 seasons ago but seemed to lessen his effort in some games in 22; not saying he dogged but not 100% effort. He was doubled and tripled but some times just ridden out of picture. Tenn left tackle totally negated him. https://atozsports.com/nashville/tennessee-vols-offensive-lineman-alabama-lb-will-anderson/

I expect him to do well in combine and my sources indicate Seahawks desperately need and want him. A few are saying Bears but Chicago needs an interior big boy like Jalen Carter; if Seattle extends Geno and wants to snatch Anderson away from Bears, we could see a deal there.

Combine is also a reason why all these mock draft are silly right now. I mean, they are generally in the ballpark about who will be selected where. But if Bryce Young measure 5'10 and has just ok cone drill scores and average ball accuracy, I doubt he'll be going #1. If Will Anderson bench 13 reps like Moore did 10 years ago, his stock will plummet. I suspect Will Levis will do well there, but he doesn;t have the game tape for #1 pick worthiness. Lots of suspense to come!

Be wary of the game tape warrior or combine warrior where one facet is out of sync with the other. We saw this first hand this year with Kenyon Green. Terrible move by Caserio. Hope Green can fix his strength issues this offseason.
Mocks are never silly but then that is my passion. lol. I do mocks for the brain exercise and to provide and exchange info with others. Most of mine are what I would do if GM and occasionally.. close to draft I sometimes do what I think Texans will do.

Bryce Young should not go to combine as all must be measured; No reason to increase negative jabber as teams who want can measure at personal invitation.
Average ball accuracy? Here you just lost me if you want to knock height no issue but has been phenomenal since he began high school thru Alabama:

Anderson was a monster 2 seasons ago but seemed to lessen his effort in some games in 22; not saying he dogged but not 100% effort. He was doubled and tripled but some times just ridden out of picture. Tenn left tackle totally negated him. https://atozsports.com/nashville/tennessee-vols-offensive-lineman-alabama-lb-will-anderson/

I expect him to do well in combine and my sources indicate Seahawks desperately need and want him. A few are saying Bears but Chicago needs an interior big boy like Jalen Carter; if Seattle extends Geno and wants to snatch Anderson away from Bears, we could see a deal there.
Good post. Not as concerned about the falloff in production because of the reasons you mentioned. Maybe Anderson got double/triple teamed more often? Have no idea as I did not watch the games... As long as it wasn't effort-related or a reversion of technique of some sort. There's a lot of value to have a guy produce good numbers while commanding consistent double teams.

But if Anderson runs 4.6 forty benches 35+ reps and shows good agility in the cone drills, man I don't know how the Texans don't take him. This would be a Quinnen Williams type impact player on the DL, with the versatility to play inside or the edge.

"But many big guys don't" is not an excuse. A 300 lb guard should be in the high 20s, at minimum. The top DL can do up to 51 reps, which is the record. It demonstrates a clear lack of strength, which is exactly what we have seen this year with Green getting manhandled inside on a regular basis. This was a GUARD taken in the mid-1st round. Guards taken here shouldn't have these types of question marks, in my view. You take a guard mid-1st, he has to check out on the field and at the combine. Now, we have a question mark pick or potential just an average player if he gets better. Because Green has been terrible this year, according to PFF.
Agree 100% on Green's lack of strength and continue to be surprised that colleges don't prepare players for NFL. They have to have a weight program but these player get by from peewee football thru University due to bulk and not necessarily strength.

Good post. Not as concerned about the falloff in production because of the reasons you mentioned. Maybe Anderson got double/triple teamed more often? Have no idea as I did not watch the games... As long as it wasn't effort-related or a reversion of technique of some sort. There's a lot of value to have a guy produce good numbers while commanding consistent double teams.

But if Anderson runs 4.6 forty benches 35+ reps and shows good agility in the cone drills, man I don't know how the Texans don't take him. This would be a Quinnen Williams type impact player on the DL, with the versatility to play inside or the edge.
Barring a GM change and even then Bryce Young will be our pick perhaps on a trade down?

Barring a GM change and even then Bryce Young will be our pick perhaps on a trade down?
Yeah, resigned to the fact Young will be the QB. Not overly thrilled about this but I'll reserve judgement until we see how his measurables stack up. If he grades out well in all facets, I guess we gotta do it. Otherwise, all for a trade down this year and building the roster. I don't perceive QB as the biggest need on this team—and this doesn't mean I view Mills as the long term answer. I just want to the club to make sure it gets the QB right if it picks high, or this rebuild is going to last forever.

Yeah, resigned to the fact Young will be the QB. Not overly thrilled about this but I'll reserve judgement until we see how his measurables stack up. If he grades out well in all facets, I guess we gotta do it. Otherwise, all for a trade down this year and building the roster. I don't perceive QB as the biggest need on this team—and this doesn't mean I view Mills as the long term answer. I just want to the club to make sure it gets the QB right if it picks high, or this rebuild is going to last forever.
I am holding out for Geno Smith in FA if Seattle is silly enough let him walk or piss him off with low ball offer. I think he can be convinced to come here and a contract can be worded to satisfy him and Texans coffers. Yes risks abound but so with all QBs draft or free agent. Geno would allow us to really open bidding for numerous trade downs.. if our GM can handle.

This would be a Quinnen Williams type impact player on the DL, with the versatility to play inside or the edge.
Anderson playing inside like Quinnen Williams? That's a first. I bet no one else considers that a possibility

Anderson playing inside like Quinnen Williams? That's a first. I bet no one else considers that a possibility
Good catch. In retrospect, I overstated things there 100%. Anderson is definitely more of a true DE or OLB. So I withdraw those comments. Just heard some stuff that Anderson is actually strong enough to play inside in college and has lined up there to a limited degree at Alabama. For sure DE/OLB is where his future lies in the NFL.

Good catch. In retrospect, I overstated things there 100%. Anderson is definitely more of a true DE or OLB. So I withdraw those comments. Just heard some stuff that Anderson is actually strong enough to play inside in college and has lined up there to a limited degree at Alabama. For sure DE/OLB is where his future lies in the NFL.
On rare occasions I think Anderson could lineup inside Between the center and offensive guard. He is that quick But as I said it would be rare.

Bryce Young should not go to combine as all must be measured; No reason to increase negative jabber as teams who want can measure at personal invitation.
Young will be at the combine to be examined, measured, and interviewed. Just like every QB that has come before him. He will not make his size an issue.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Agree 100% on Green's lack of strength and continue to be surprised that colleges don't prepare players for NFL. They have to have a weight program but these player get by from peewee football thru University due to bulk and not necessarily strength.
Find video of Green prior to his injury where he was flung around like a rag doll. Find posts where people are trashing Green prior to the injury. Like Stingley, criticism prior to the injury wasn't an issue. What's going on with Green now is an indictment on the organization, not the player.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I did not post it from my news app as I thought it was inaccurate. I have researched and cannot find so it may have been deleted. I would think that Stroud after his last 2 games would want to have another on field competition to showcase his skills before entering the combine.

Anyone notice that the four Offensive linemen look unimpressive? This is a quote from Badboy's first sentence in this discussion. I could elaborate, but it always creates arguments .... so I won't ! Alternative choice ..... I want this guy on our team .... Chase Brown - 2022 - Football - University of Illinois Athletics (fightingillini.com) Chase Brown Impressive !
Are you aware of Sydney Brown CB 5 INTs? I think there are some Pearls among the oysters and the later rounds if we are fortunate.

I did not post it from my news app as I thought it was inaccurate. I have researched and cannot find so it may have been deleted. I would think that Stroud after his last 2 games would want to have another on field competition to showcase his skills before entering the combine.

If Ohio State had not made the playoffs, Stroud would have gone straight to combine training. But…the Buckeyes are in the playoffs.

Oh boy, let it happen.

Considerations:
Not unexpectedly, Geno Smith hasn't looked so awesome against last 3 teams QBR has fallen. Seattle pick from Denver seems 🔒 in at 3 and a trade up seems logical. Odds until recently seemed high he would be extended; not so much now.

Seahawks in more than one scenario can pick at 3. Geno at QB at much less than $33-35 m some thought from two or three year deal. Anderson would make a 'splash' as edge sack generator and QB disruptor. He would put fans in the seats and the owner needs that. Issue is many think Bears want and need him at 2.

Or remain at 3 selecting Jalen Carter less 'splashy' but almost unanimously considered a multi- annual starter with those being pro bowl nominations; reveal* I'm not one.

My hope #1: Seattle trades for 1.1 to get Anderson for both 1s and 2s.

My hope #2 : Geno or no, Seattle wants Young.. desperately for same picks.

Possibility: S selects Dline left over.. or unexpectedly chooses Myles Murphy over Carter after Chicago takes Anderson.

Or Lions listen to fans and move on from Goff add $20~ m trading up for QB. Their recent loss moves their own up while pick from LAR just went lower hopefully making them willing to offer tremendous package for their choice QB.

Possibility: decide to go with Goff and build around him.

Panthers desperately need QB but just won last game as i hoped. Stun me and offer three round ones and both twos (2022).

Possibility: sits tight and hopes one of top 3 QBs drop in lap.

From Feb 2022 with stats from this season after article:

2022: 1580 rushing yards; 6.1 avg; 18 TDs
receiving 19 for 314@ 13.1 ; 2 TDs 36.8 vertical

From Feb 2022 with stats from this season after article:

2022: 1580 rushing yards; 6.1 avg; 18 TDs
receiving 19 for 314@ 13.1 ; 2 TDs 36.8 vertical
Seems like a good prospect, but not for a rebuilding team like the Texans with a rotational grade starting RB already. Better suited for a playoff team or bubble team on the cusp of making the playoffs looking for a significant upgrade in the backfield. Might be a good fit for the Saints, who may be looking to move off Kamara but with pieces on both sides of the ball already in place.

Last edited:
Seems like a good prospect, but not for a rebuilding team like the Texans with a rotational grade starting RB already. Better suited for a playoff team or bubble team on the cusp of making the playoffs looking for a significant upgrade in the backfield. Might be a good fit for the Saints, who may be looking to move off Kamara but with pieces on both sides of the ball already in place.
Robinson would be our Arian Foster replacement at last - likely better once he has settled in.
We will finally have the running game we have been waiting for and an identity again.
Teams will be forced to respect our running game and that will open up the offense.
He's that good.

Robinson would be our Arian Foster replacement at last - likely better once he has settled in.
We will finally have the running game we have been waiting for and an identity again.
Teams will be forced to respect our running game and that will open up the offense.
He's that good.
I'd be interested normally. But given the fact we have Pierce and about a 1/2 dozen other pressing needs, I'd pass. Nothing to do with the player though.

Last edited:
I'd be interest normally. But given the fact we have Pierce and about a 1/2 dozen other pressing needs, I'd pass. Nothing to do with the player though.
Yeah I get it - good quality prospects in every position available early.
Still I hope they get one of the top 5 backs in this one to help Pierce and that running game.
Imagine getting one that is even better than Pierce...what a ground game that would give us!
I look at it this way - until you get that top tier offense, you can still have a decent one with an easily obtainable ground game and all we need for that is another bull back there.
Now you can concentrate on run pro with your line - which also needs another key piece, the Center and we can get a top 3 guy down around pick 50 and a decent RG around pick 64.
And yeah, take Bryce Young and this offense will be transformed.

Last edited:
Back