Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Arian Foster reported to have serious groin injury

Well that sucks. Arian Foster was the offense. Hopefully one of our quarterbacks turns out to be a very good one. It's an opportunity for someone else so I hope someone steps up.

From twitter

David J. Chao, MD (@ProFootballDoc

Arian Foster @HoustonTexans groin surgery.
If sports hernia type 4-6wks, carry on active roster.
If true groin tendon repair 3+mos = IR/dfr.

Considering he walked off the field without a noticeable limp I wouldn't think it'd be a complete tear?

Wonder if Billy and Ricky are gonna give any consideration to a trade, which if done most likely would include a Texans' Draft pick ?

We need a new emotcion or whatever those damn things area called. Instead of an Arian Foster Face Palm, we need an Arian Foster Groin Palm.

I guess the only somewhat positive spin that can be put on this news is that if he were going to get injured this season, this is probably the best time for that.

I think I will wait for confirmation from the Texans before I feel like the sky is falling.
The Texans are the last to confirm anything. We will know all about it before they do. There went the 2015 season. Grimes is the best we have left, but Foster's absence will cost 5 games.

Next man up, MY ASS!

We're gonna lose, at the very minimum, 5 games because of this, but all you 'next man up'ers will blame either the QBs or O'Brien's play calling.

We've been down this road too many times to convince me any different.

We needed him, and it's gonna be a HUGE loss.

"Next Man Up" lmfao. Amazing that after years and years of injury-derailed seasons you people still buy into that feel good, delusional, idealist garbage.

Next Man Up.

What choice do you have? Cry all you want but it happened and the Texans better have or come up with their "Plan B" because the season is coming regardless. I'm not going to just give up on a season that's over a month away from even starting.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to patchwork trash from players that have 1/16th the capability of our superstar running back.

Next Man Up makes me feel really good and fuzzy inside.

I'm sure Dr CND will measure this recovery in multiple months, with the concern of returning this season being conditioning related reinjury or compensating injuries.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL

Arian Foster's severe groin injury will require surgery but he should be able to return during the season​
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein

The Texans will be brand new at C and LG so expecting the running game to just click with no Arian Foster and a shuffled OL is unlikely.

I can see J. Grimes picking up some of the slack along with Alfred Blue, but not sure the Texans featured RB is actually on this roster

Loss of Arian Foster a devastating blow. While Kubiak's scheme could help turn average backs into contributors, not sure that is the case now​
I won't speak for the Doc, but his concerns are generally for particular types of injuries, not injuries in general.

Pierre Thomas / Ray Rice get them in and see who's ready to play
Sadly, I think Ray Rice still has some decent game left and could probably put together a pretty nice 2015 season if a team signed him. I just don't think Bob McNair would give the green light on a man who hit his fiancee, and now wife. Just images that will never go away. I watched it on YouTube yet again a few minutes ago and said to myself, "nope, he'll never be signed by an NFL team again." The Dallas Cowboys are about the only team who would sign him but they know Ray Rice isn't a pro bowler anymore. If he was he'd be a Cowboy already like Greg Hardy. Jerry Jones will sign anybody with talent. He once signed a known criminal and thug like Pac-Man Jones, who paralyzed a man and also hit a woman on video also.

Sadly, I think Ray Rice still has some decent game left and could probably put together a pretty nice 2015 season if a team signed him. I just don't think Bob McNair would give the green light on a man who hit his fiancee, and now wife. Just images that will never go away. I watched it on YouTube yet again a few minutes ago and said to myself, "nope, he'll never be signed by an NFL team again." The Dallas Cowboys are about the only team who would sign him but they know Ray Rice isn't a pro bowler anymore. If he was he'd be a Cowboy already like Greg Hardy. Jerry Jones will sign anybody with talent. He once signed a known criminal and thug like Pac-Man Jones, who paralyzed a man and also hit a woman on video also.

If the cowboys can sign Greg Hardy and not really take a lot of pain, then we should sign Ray Rice.

If the cowboys can sign Greg Hardy and not really take a lot of pain, then we should sign Ray Rice.
I just don't think Bob McNair is that kind of owner to take a chance on troubled players like Jerry Jones has a long history of doing. And also the main difference is we can't escape what Ray Rice did because it's on video and you can always see it. Greg Hardy was able to convince the NFL, as well as his lawyers and the Dallas Cowboys, that he didn't do anything as bad as what was first reported which is why his suspension was reduced from 10 games to 4 games. Had there been no video of Ray Rice smacking his fiancee, and now wife, he'd be on some team's roster right now. The Ravens may have never let him go as well.

Not sure I can handle another season of 3ypc Alfred Blue. I'm down with Pierre Thomas. I think Moreno is also available. Not a lot of great options, damn this one stings. Foster is such a dynamic playmaker, it's tough to replace that production.

Next Man Up.

What choice do you have?
Cry all you want but it happened and the Texans better have or come up with their "Plan B" because the season is coming regardless. I'm not going to just give up on a season that's over a month away from even starting.

We got choices, man:

You take the steel blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe and anyone can be as good as Arian Foster. You take the battle red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

red_pill_blue_pill-copy3.jpg

Bill O'Brien is our Morpheus. Is Mallet his Nero? :hacker:

Best RB available is Rice, but no way the organization puts winning over morals.

Next is Thomas, then Bradshaw, then the rest are a wash.

Last edited:
Most valuable player on offense is done for 8 games. If we have a losing record by the time he's ready. I doubt we even see Arian during the 2015 campaign. He's just too injury prone.

Last edited:
Rick Smith is whack & O'Brian stubborn, not exactly a winning combination & reason why I've stayed off this board since the draft, now rest of season as long as it takes for McNair to wake up & fire his GM. Plenty of good RB's in last years draft to choose from why wait until the 7th rd. to address need/position with Arian Fosters track record? 2nd time I can remember in the first round when Texans needed to target a RB San Diego traded ahead to get their man. At very least there were some good values in 2-3rd rounds. Would really be nice to have a young stud like Tevin Coleman, David Johnson, Matt Johnson or Ameer Abdullah. :rake:

Rick Smith is whack & O'Brian stubborn, not exactly a winning combination & reason why I've stayed off this board since the draft, now rest of season as long as it takes for McNair to wake up & fire his GM. Plenty of good RB's in last years draft to choose from why wait until the 7th rd. to address need/position with Arian Fosters track record? 2nd time I can remember in the first round when Texans needed to target a RB San Diego traded ahead to get their man. At very least there were some good values in 2-3rd rounds. Would really be nice to have a young stud like Tevin Coleman, David Johnson, Matt Johnson or Ameer Abdullah right about now. :rake:

Rick Smith is whack & O'Brian stubborn, not exactly a winning combination & reason why I've stayed off this board since the draft, now rest of season as long as it takes for McNair to wake up & fire his GM. Plenty of good RB's in last years draft to choose from why wait until the 7th rd. to address need/position with Arian Fosters track record? 2nd time I can remember in the first round when Texans needed to target a RB San Diego traded ahead to get their man. At very least there were some good values in 2-3rd rounds. Would really be nice to have a young stud like Tevin Coleman, David Johnson, Matt Johnson or Ameer Abdullah. :rake:

Yes, and the fact that it's too hot and humid in Houston is also Rick Smith's fault.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to patchwork trash from players that have 1/16th the capability of our superstar running back.

Next Man Up makes me feel really good and fuzzy inside.

It sucks but it happened. Exactly all you can do is hope that somebody steps up and surprises us. Maybe it's somebody we already have, maybe it's somebody we bring in. Thomas might be the guy. He statistically appears to be in a bit of decline but he's still productive and could be a big piece of a RBC backfield.

I don't get this pessimism. It's not like Foster has been the model of health around here. Maybe we should just field 10 guys on offense and OB should go cry on Andrea Johnson's shoulder. Life goes on. Players come and players go.

Arian turns 29 this month and Kubiak didn't spare using him very often. It seems surprising that everybody was so sure he would be healthy. With the question marks also at QB, yards may be tough to come by until someone steps up.

Pierre Thomas knows the system he will fit in but it's up to the qb and the rest of the offense to step up. If we had to be that dependent on Foster then this team wasn't going to be good enough on offense to be a Contender in the playoffs anyway.

The loss of Foster is a setback. But we deal with it. We have Blue, Grimes, Polk and Hilliard.

I've been looking at Polk's game stats and I'm hopeful to get a good year out of him. He had the shoulder surgery in Jan 2014, and had no re-accurring problems, that I found, during the 2014 season. In 2014 he did have continuing hamstring problems the first half of the season after his tear in August. But he came back in game 8 and was active to finish the season. He has some speed and if healthy has the potential to be an impact rusher. This is only his 4th season and he still has some upside if he remains healthy.

Blue made a serious effort to report to camp stronger and in better condition that last year. I expect to see improvement in his production.

Grimes had a steady if unspectacular 2014 season. He'll fill the same roll this year.

Hilliard? We'll just have to wait and see.

If they want to bring in a free agent like Thomas, OK. Limit his carries to about 100 per season and his past performance indicates he might average close to 5 yds per carry, if he still has some juice. But sign a free agent and Hilliard goes to the PS.

The key will be our offensive line. We need our five starters to stay healthy. If they do, we'll have an effective running game.

I'm basically onboard with Hervoyel in that we can adapt and be OK.

Back