Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Arian Foster reported to have serious groin injury

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock

Arian Foster's groin injury is serious in nature. Source said it should require surgery & may be candidate for IR w/ designation for return.

We couldn't get O'Brien to confirm an Arian Foster injury yesterday. Now, @taniaganguli w/ the news that it was a groin injury for Arian.​

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL

Can confirm report by @taniaganguli that Arian Foster suffered groin injury in practice. Could require surgery.​

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Texans' RB Arian Foster came up limping on pass play last night, never returned to practice and @taniaganguli reports Foster hurt his groin.​

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli

This is a significant injury for Arian Foster. Can confirm, as @jaysonbraddock said, there's concern it will require groin surgery. #Texans

Arian Foster suffered a groin injury last night at the #Texans first fully padded practice, sources say.​

Last edited:
Welp, time to start the 2015 suck for (insert desired player here) campaign. No Arian, no threat of running game. We are not winning anything on Hoyers' arm.

Bleh, sucks. So, no vision like AF, but Blue or Grimes next up or start scanning other teams?

I said all offseason they should've addressed RB. Arian is done smh.

Congrats on the "told ya so" though it looks like you posted more focus on WR and TE this offseason

Cough (Ray Rice is available) Cough
Wow! Could you imagine the media circus that would cause, especially with Hard Knocks being on the scene? I'd bring him in to camp and see what he has left in the tank.

Worst case scenario for Texans.

Warren Sharp ‏@SharpFootball
Since becoming a starter in 2010, the Texans are 2-13 without Arian Foster and 33-20 when he has at least one carry.​

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Arian Foster averaged 95.8 rush yards per game last season, second-most in the NFL behind DeMarco Murray (115.3)​

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL
Among free agent options if this is a long-term injury: Pierre Thomas, Steven Jackson, Ray Rice. Not saying they're considering anyone yet​

Ahmad Bradshaw, Christine Michael(trade option), Chris Johnson

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
Best available RBs for #Texans: S. Jackson, A. Bradshaw (1-gm susp.), C. Johnson, Pierre Thomas, S. Greene, B. Tate, K. Moreno, R. Rice.​

Last edited:
Yeah chris Johnson is also available but whatever rb are a dime a dozen u know how many are on the streets or how many that will be cut from the other 31 team rosters

Besides ne style offensive which we use is a rb by commety

I doubt we will ever see foster play here again. Like I predicted

I for one would like to bring in woodhead and Wes welker bring in all the former NE players lol

Next.Man.Up.

We'll be fine. We're going to miss Arian Foster but we'll get yards out of his understudies and we aren't going to be as dependent on the running game this year as we were last season. Can't live without it but we'll get what we need from Blue, Grimes, and whoever else follows.

That's what I think at least.

Groin, hamstring, groin, hamstring. Foster was a great player but he is constantly injured.

Let's get Ray Rice in here. Media circus be damn. Foster cant walk across the hallway without hurting himself.

Just for shiggles, and if this situation is really this bad ...

Would fans rather see:

A) Hoyer and healthy Foster starting week 1, or

B) Mallett and RB2/FA/not Foster starting week 1

Actually think I'm so down on Hoyer and so resigned to Arian injury reports that I'd prefer B. That's with the fact that I think Foster may be the most complete and valuable back in the league when healthy.

Or I just desperately want a real qb.

Next.Man.Up.

We'll be fine. We're going to miss Arian Foster but we'll get yards out of his understudies and we aren't going to be as dependent on the running game this year as we were last season. Can't live without it but we'll get what we need from Blue, Grimes, and whoever else follows.

That's what I think at least.
Couldn't disagree more, Herv. Unless you're just trying to make yourself feel better. lol

Foster is the offense and we have no RB even close to what he brings to the backfield. Nor is there one out there dangling on a tree. Blue has no vision. Grimes is the closest we've got and that ain't saying much.

I was going into this season with my normal approach of watching the defense. Now, it'll be as if defense is all we've got. Unless we use Mallett at QB with a bastard Run & Shoot type scheme.

Couldn't disagree more, Herv. Unless you're just trying to make yourself feel better. lol

Foster is the offense and we have no RB even close to what he brings to the backfield. Nor is there one out there dangling on a tree. Blue has no vision. Grimes is the closest we've got and that ain't saying much.

I was going into this season with my normal approach of watching the defense. Now, it'll be as if defense is all we've got. Unless we use Mallett at QB with a bastard Run & Shoot type scheme.

Yeah, there is only so much sunshine that can get pumped up one's ass before it starts to burn.

I'm sure Dr CND will measure this recovery in multiple months, with the concern of returning this season being conditioning related reinjury or compensating injuries.

Arian Foster's severe groin injury will require surgery but he should be able to return during the season​

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein

The Texans will be brand new at C and LG so expecting the running game to just click with no Arian Foster and a shuffled OL is unlikely.

I can see J. Grimes picking up some of the slack along with Alfred Blue, but not sure the Texans featured RB is actually on this roster

Loss of Arian Foster a devastating blow. While Kubiak's scheme could help turn average backs into contributors, not sure that is the case now​

I expect us to run this offense more efficiently this season and New England regularly gets suitable production out of backs who are a fraction of what Arian Foster is capable of. Like I said we'll miss him but we will survive until Foster is able to return.

I'm not trying to pump sunshine up anyone's ass so if you're feeling a burn look elsewhere gwallaia (not that there's anything wrong with that). I'm just saying that I think last year we leaned heavily not just on "the running game" but also on our highly talented franchise back because the whole system was going in fresh.

This year we'll rely on our running game much the same way New England does and we'll need it but we've seen that team turn average backs in contributors for years. Not sure why the Texans can't do that now. Arian Foster level contributors? No but I stand by my assertion. We'll be OK.

I'm glad this didn't happen at the end of camp instead of at the start. At least we'll get him back this year and he'll have fresh legs when he returns.

I expect us to run this offense more efficiently this season and New England regularly gets suitable production out of backs who are a fraction of what Arian Foster is capable of. Like I said we'll miss him but we will survive until Foster is able to return.

I'm not trying to pump sunshine up anyone's ass so if you're feeling a burn look elsewhere gwallaia (not that there's anything wrong with that). I'm just saying that I think last year we leaned heavily not just on "the running game" but also on our highly talented franchise back because the whole system was going in fresh.

This year we'll rely on our running game much the same way New England does and we'll need it but we've seen that team turn average backs in contributors for years. Not sure why the Texans can't do that now. Arian Foster level contributors? No but I stand by my assertion. We'll be OK.

I'm glad this didn't happen at the end of camp instead of at the start. At least we'll get him back this year and he'll have fresh legs when he returns.
I never mentioned pumping sunshine anywhere, Herv.

I'm taking a chill pill until I learn the time frame. I think we could manage a handful of games without him, but a full season would be tough one

It sux that AF is injured again, but looking on the bright side, he'll be back in 2015 and have fresh legs to lead the Texans to a win in Indy and a trip back to the playoffs. Yes, I've had a Kool Aid drip put in since I heard the news!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never mentioned pumping sunshine anywhere, Herv.

I'm taking a chill pill until I learn the time frame. I think we could manage a handful of games without him, but a full season would be tough one

I had the sunshine pump remark because I have not taken my chill pill yet. :)

New Jets GM Mike Maccagnan might be willing to take a call from former boss, Rick Smith, about one of their RBs including Powell or Stacy

Pierre Thomas is a guy worth keeping an eye on. Physical RB w/ size & ability to work some out of the backfield.​

New Jets GM Mike Maccagnan might be willing to take a call from former boss, Rick Smith, about one of their RBs including Powell or Stacy

Pierre Thomas is a guy worth keeping an eye on. Physical RB w/ size & ability to work some out of the backfield.​

Maybe we can turn our embarrassment of riches at DB into a trade for a good RB. Even if we traded one of our DB's, we would still have a logjam at the position.

I'm such a jaded fan to the point of apathy. I can't help but just laugh at this news. Well let's see who is available on the free agent market...

Pierre Thomas (Sure why not?)
Knowshon Moreno (Injury prone)
Chris Johnson (Washed up waggle-head)
Ray Rice (Wife beater/Not "Texans worthy")

Gonna be a fun year. Hopefully the guys already on the roster can step up, but they can't fix this problem.

I'm sure Dr CND will measure this recovery in multiple months, with the concern of returning this season being conditioning related reinjury or compensating injuries.

Arian Foster's severe groin injury will require surgery but he should be able to return during the season​

The Texans will be brand new at C and LG so expecting the running game to just click with no Arian Foster and a shuffled OL is unlikely.

I can see J. Grimes picking up some of the slack along with Alfred Blue, but not sure the Texans featured RB is actually on this roster

Loss of Arian Foster a devastating blow. While Kubiak's scheme could help turn average backs into contributors, not sure that is the case now​

Foster had been dealing with significant "groin" problems last year. I believe that most that have followed my posts know that I have been pointing out Foster's progressive inability to stay on the field and that I have been even more dubious of Foster's ability to stay on the field this year, following his long history of recurrent soft tissue(hamstring, calf, groin) injuries.

If this "groin problem stems from multiple adductor muscle tears, repair will require at least a 3-4 month rehab. Surgery is quite rare for this injury unless recurrent. Conservative treatment is the rule..........but if unrelenting pain occurs, surgery becomes a reluctant option in that it commonly will not resolve the problem.

If this "groin" problem stems from a sports hernia, full rehab may span anywhere from ~2-3 months.

And let's not forget that "groin" injury can be felt in the groin, but be a reflection of a hip joint injury, such as a labrum tear.

I guess we will all have to wait until an MRI results or the type of surgery is ever disclosed.

It is quite obvious to me that his multiple and recurrent injuries have led him to problems with ongoing body mechanics problems and compensatory injuries.

Last edited:
There's usually some decent backs cut before the season ends. Leave no stone unturned. We got lucky once finding a back like Foster, let's keep searching.

There's usually some decent backs cut before the season ends. Leave no stone unturned. We got lucky once finding a back like Foster, let's keep searching.
Has anybody signed Michael Hill yet? The Redskins released him about a week and a half ago. He's been on four NFL teams in his brief NFL career. Only 25 years old and likely could be serviceable for a year or two if nothing else. I'm just worried that Alfred Blue is going to get hurt again. It was scary seeing him carted off the field but it was just cramps. My worst fear is we'll be actively searching for any street free agent running back during the season. We may already be down our top two halfbacks on the depth chart. We have to think that way in case we need more bodies.

QFT. I agree completely. Two players made all the difference in 2014, Foster and Watt.

Until this team has a solid franchise QB, the running game was what was going to take the pressure off of QB. And I'm just not sold on any of the QBs on the roster, even though I like Mallet (mainly for the unknown).

Foster was a special back, versatile in many aspects. Finding someone with vision to carry the ball but can also pick up a blitz and block when required is not as easy as some seem to believe. Plus, the dude could catch out of the backfield. He is/was a complete RB. However, his football life is getting close to the end based on simple averages of the position.

It's a big loss, but not a season-ender. Grimes won't get the yards after contact, but he's adequate. We may see Mumphery take some snaps in a Shane Vereen role.

yup. Pierre Thomas would be the only available replacement I can think of that can come close. Moreno can't pick up a blitz.

Back