Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

All post game videos and tweets

It worked for an interception but Petrie should have continued in coverage in my opinion. Petrie looked like he blew the coverage and if it was planned it was pretty stupid in my opinion.

Well he can't do both, he was either going to jump the route or stay in coverage. If he stays with Sutton then doubful Wilson throws that ball into doube coverage hence the B&S. Now I'm with you that seems pretty damn risky to get a pick but yea it worked so.....

Well he can't do both, he was either going to jump the route or stay in coverage. If he stays with Sutton then doubful Wilson throws that ball into doube coverage hence the B&S. Now I'm with you that seems pretty damn risky to get a pick but yea it worked so.....
Just pointing out when he "jumped the route" he wasn't close and receiver ran smoothly by him. Yes, we got INT but as we agree very risky. Also as you said, if Pitre hadn't jumped, Wilson probably wouldn't have thrown into double coverage. As Ryans said about Beck's TD: it worked but I don't want to see it again.

What we saw on that play was a variation of cover 6. Normally the CB covers the routes on that side inside 10 yards and the safety covers the deep routes. On this play, they reversed the roles. Pitre had responsibility of the shallow routes and Sting had everything deep. Pitre was supposed to bite on the double move and bait Russ into thinking Sutton was open. Thats why when Pitre bit you see Sting turn on the jets. Sutton was Sting’s responsibility at that point. Definitely risky and probably can’t be pulled off with most CBs in the league.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back