Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

All Encompassing Case Keenum Thread

Isn't there a deep route on most plass plays, as well as the hot route? If everyone on the D is staying in close, covering all the short routes, shouldn't that leave a one-on-one option deep? I know he doesn't have much time in the pocket, but I'm picturing a lob pass, probably down a side-line.

I guess that would take some precision timing with the receiver(s).

With the 0 coverage blitz teams have been bringing there are 1 on 1s all over and at times he would rather go deep than play it safe, get a first, out of bounds and keep marching, not everything has to be a deep pass to beat the blitz. If he can learn anything from Schaub it would be accuracy in the intermediate game. (Obviously prior to this year's mental breakdown)

At this point I'm not looking at qb's in the first round. There will have to be a prospect that blows me away fore to consider a qb.

I say that because case has shown good skills for a young qb making his third start. I am not sure that any of these other qb's besides Bridgewater would be significantly better. And I don't even know if he's that guy either.

At this point I'm more interested in the OL, and DL/OLB's

Give case another year and if he fails give up whatever you need for Jameis Winston. Now if he was in this draft, he's a guy id refuse to pass up.

But right now I don't see a player I WANT. I see some guys I'd be taking because common thought says it's the right thing to do.

Give me a guy like clowney, Matthews or even nix and I'd be happy.

^^^ This.

I can only speak from personal point of view, but blaming Case alone for blitz issues isn't fair. That's a team issue. The OL needs to provide at least some time and the RBs need to pick up the proper man, both of which hasn't happened enough. And, yes, Case needs to improve as well, but it's just his third game as starter. He was 3rd string which means up to a couple weeks ago he wasn't getting a ton of practice reps. I think too many people are placing unrealistic expectations on a young player

But this is the guy we are hitching the wagon to. He's the future isn't he? Being the QB he has to make plays in the crunch, not just when its easy and early. He will always get the blame, just the way it goes with the position, and this last game there were no excuses, good enough blocking to get the pass off and he sailed a couple and just choked. I gave him leeway first 2 games, but he's a professional and has been playing football for a long time, these concepts should not be foreign to him.

But this is the guy we are hitching the wagon to. He's the future isn't he? Being the QB he has to make plays in the crunch, not just when its easy and early. He will always get the blame, just the way it goes with the position, and this last game there were no excuses, good enough blocking to get the pass off and he sailed a couple and just choked. I gave him leeway first 2 games, but he's a professional and has been playing football for a long time, these concepts should not be foreign to him.

I don't think the team has necessarily hitched the wagon (as future stater) to Case yet. There is a lot of football left in the season to evaluate him. Our instant gratification society wants the answer now, now, now... But there is no need whatsoever to try and answer that question until all the games have been played.
In any case, there is no better option. We, and the team, will have a chance to see Case play within the limitations of the team assembled around him. Piss poor OL, backup RB, and questionable coaching included.

Yeah! Let's get rid of Keenum and get one of the awesome QBs coming out in the draft in the first round. The rookies will never make mistakes. NEVER!

Question(s) here for anyone who has the All 22 package or just more insight than I have (which should be just about anyone):

Keenum's getting blitzed like crazy and getting knocked around quite a bit. He's done some good things and some bad things under duress. If the Texans ever managed to get home on their blitzes like other teams do against the Texans, how do you think that QB would hold up? And why is it that other teams blitz successfully, but the Texans look like they're sending 6 guys to run into a wall? The Texans blitzed just as much as the Cards did yesterday, but it almost never reached Palmer.

I remember sometimes during the telecast, the network display a stat (sometimes in the 4th quarter, but at least before the last drive; maybe even before the next to last drive) that Keenum was either sacked, hit, or pressured some twenty times already. And they were getting there early mostly.
That's a horrendous figure.
Yet Keenum still manage to lead the team to 24 points, not even counting the missed FG.

The other four teams facing the Cards at their home stadium totaled 44 points on offense.

Stafford managed 14 (the Lions scored on an INT return),
Newton 6, and Matt Ryan 13.

And here we have people picking on Keenum's "supposedly" near INTs and failure to move the chain, LMAO.

I don't think the team has necessarily hitched the wagon (as future stater) to Case yet. There is a lot of football left in the season to evaluate him. Our instant gratification society wants the answer now, now, now... But there is no need whatsoever to try and answer that question until all the games have been played.
In any case, there is no better option. We, and the team, will have a chance to see Case play within the limitations of the team assembled around him. Piss poor OL, backup RB, and questionable coaching included.

I can respect this 100%

Even if he does well I don't pass on a QB if we have a top 3 pick. Competition is a good thing especially at the most important position on the field.

I can't say he's our guy yet, I'd like to see how the season plays out first, but I've seen some really good things from him.

I don't think think its fair to hammer a young QB that's had 3 total starts 2 of which were on the road, for struggling with the blitz. As I mentioned earlier, he started the year as our 3rd string, which mean for most of the season he got few if any practice reps. Let's give him the season to see if he improves before we start hammering him for not picking up the blitz and making teams pay. I think Ray has an awesome post above regarding the blitz. Blitzing can gives vets who have had years if experience trouble

Yeah! Let's get rid of Keenum and get one of the awesome QBs coming out in the draft in the first round. The rookies will never make mistakes. NEVER!

Temper tantrum much? Maybe its time for a story and a nap
?

I can't say he's our guy yet, I'd like to see how the season plays out first, but I've seen some really good things from him.

I don't think think its fair to hammer a young QB that's had 3 total starts 2 of which were on the road, for struggling with the blitz. As I mentioned earlier, he started the year as our 3rd string, which mean for most of the season he got few if any practice reps. Let's give him the season to see if he improves before we start hammering him for not picking up the blitz and making teams pay. I think Ray has an awesome post above regarding the blitz. Blitzing can gives vets who have had years if experience trouble

Right, but he's been in the system, part of the QB meetings. He isn't studying 31 other playbooks just because he was on practice team? Situational decision making isn't a new concept for Case, blitz is coming he should have a better handle on it, playing backyard QB and running around for your life until someone gets open and throwing bombs will only get you so far. Rey also made a great point that Case might not be able to see the hot route with a congested LOS due to his height.

Hopefully he gets better who knows, my argument is that you don't overlook a QB with everything Case offers PLUS prototypical measurables because Case has shown promise.

Isn't there a deep route on most plass plays, as well as the hot route? If everyone on the D is staying in close, covering all the short routes, shouldn't that leave a one-on-one option deep? I know he doesn't have much time in the pocket, but I'm picturing a lob pass, probably down a side-line.

I guess that would take some precision timing with the receiver(s).

Are you talking full house blitz?

If a defense just sends 1 or 2 extra, that's still 5-6 players in coverage. If you leave just a running back in to block that's 4 pass catchers. If you leave a TE and RB in to block, that's 3 pass catchers.

And for the record, case has thrown it up to guys with one on one coverage when the blitz has come.

I think the bottom line is that this is something he's going to have to get better at as well as the team. Schaub had been good against the blitz I think, but I think his numbers went down some against it this year. As much as I wanted Schaub out, everything wasn't on him. A lot of it was, but not all.

Right, but he's been in the system, part of the QB meetings. He isn't studying 31 other playbooks just because he was on practice team? Situational decision making isn't a new concept for Case, blitz is coming he should have a better handle on it, playing backyard QB and running around for your life until someone gets open and throwing bombs will only get you so far. Rey also made a great point that Case might not be able to see the hot route with a congested LOS due to his height.

Hopefully he gets better who knows, my argument is that you don't overlook a QB with everything Case offers PLUS prototypical measurables because Case has shown promise.

You can understand and know what you're supposed to do, but in a real "game" situation it's just different, it all happens so fast and you need reps to adjust to it. He hasn't had the benefit of those practice reps yet. I can't think of 1 QB that consistently beats blitzes as a rookie.

I also think our offense in general needs to look at how it adjusts to the blitz. If I'm not mistaken most of Schaub's pick 6s came off of him trying to get the ball to a hot receiver but a defensive player was sitting on the route

You can understand and know what you're supposed to do, but in a real "game" situation it's just different, it all happens so fast and you need reps to adjust to it. He hasn't had the benefit of those practice reps yet. I can't think of 1 QB that consistently beats blitzes as a rookie.

I also think our offense in general needs to look at how it adjusts to the blitz. If I'm not mistaken most of Schaub's pick 6s came off of him trying to get the ball to a hot receiver but a defensive player was sitting on the route

I appreciate your level head and ability to debate. Hard to disagree with your take, but let's say we have top 3 pick, Case does OK and everybody gives him a pass and we go defense or OL with the first pick, then next year more of the same? Well that's two years down the drain and we are proper ****ed for a while. Why not have Case beat out a top pick for the Job, is that such a horrible idea? Haven't we learned enough about gifting that position by now?

This troll has been bashing Keenum since way before he ever started. He refuses to give him any kind of credit at all and hopes he bites the dirt just so he can say he was right even though he has already looked extremely foolish. Hell, same dude who said that Keenum was no Alex Smith who is one of the worst passers in the league. That should tell you all you need to know.

I appreciate your level head and ability to debate. Hard to disagree with your take, but let's say we have top 3 pick, Case does OK and everybody gives him a pass and we go defense or OL with the first pick, then next year more of the same? Well that's two years down the drain and we are proper ****ed for a while. Why not have Case beat out a top pick for the Job, is that such a horrible idea? Haven't we learned enough about gifting that position by now?

Because of the investment. While the contracts aren't as atrocious as they use to be they are still hefty with a top three pick. If you choose someone that high at the QB position then you are giving them at least 2 years to hold that position down if not more. So if that becomes the scenario Case isn't going to get a real opportunity to beat that individual out. That person is the future, Case is not. We see it with every franchise, all the time.

Basically, year after year the top picks contracts are compared to the previous year. Last year here is your top 3 picks:

4 years 22.19 million
4 years 21.2 million
4 years 20.573 million

Take in mind none of these are quarterbacks. So safe to say if we choose a quarterback with the top 3 pick then they are making no less than 20 million (Luck and Griff made similar contracts). Chances are that means Case is your backup quarterback and whoever selected is your starter. That's too much for a guy to serve in a backup role. So if you go this route you have to be certain it is the direction you want and if your QB on staff is not your future.

Now if you chose to go a different route (i.e. Clowney, Matthews, etc.) then you can still pick up a quarterback in the second. Not as much as an investment and with such a deep draft at the position a worthwhile player. If that guy doesn't pan out and Case does beat him, so be it. You're not as invested so not as harmful.

This troll has been bashing Keenum since way before he ever started. He refuses to give him any kind of credit at all and hopes he bites the dirt just so he can say he was right even though he has already looked extremely foolish. Hell, same dude who said that Keenum was no Alex Smith who is one of the worst passers in the league. That should tell you all you need to know.

If you weren't so biased you would see how wrong you are. Call me a hater all you want, I'm a Texan fan, not an athlete jocker.

Same guy here who I called a liar about the refuse he posts, and challenged him to post these hateful things I've said about Case and he could not. How'd it go Tex " I've looked thosr things up in the past but BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Sorry if I'm critical of your man crush and hero. Maybe some day he will win my heart too, but don't hold your breath.

Well, my hope is that Case steadily improves over the course of the season. If he doesn't then a QB should be drafted, traded for or signed to provide competition.

I do think, if we improve the OL, and get our running game going again it will make the QBs job so much easier. I think teams will be less likely to pin their ears back and blitz with reckless abandon.

Because of the investment. While the contracts aren't as atrocious as they use to be they are still hefty with a top three pick. If you choose someone that high at the QB position then you are giving them at least 2 years to hold that position down if not more. So if that becomes the scenario Case isn't going to get a real opportunity to beat that individual out. That person is the future, Case is not. We see it with every franchise, all the time.

Basically, year after year the top picks contracts are compared to the previous year. Last year here is your top 3 picks:

4 years 22.19 million
4 years 21.2 million
4 years 20.573 million

Take in mind none of these are quarterbacks. So safe to say if we choose a quarterback with the top 3 pick then they are making no less than 20 million (Luck and Griff made similar contracts). Chances are that means Case is your backup quarterback and whoever selected is your starter. That's too much for a guy to serve in a backup role. So if you go this route you have to be certain it is the direction you want and if your QB on staff is not your future.

Now if you chose to go a different route (i.e. Clowney, Matthews, etc.) then you can still pick up a quarterback in the second. Not as much as an investment and with such a deep draft at the position a worthwhile player. If that guy doesn't pan out and Case does beat him, so be it. You're not as invested so not as harmful.

So what you are saying is only QBs will get paid? Salary is slotted regardless who you select and if there is even an ounce of concern with Case you pick up a QB and have them battle it out, unless we suck every year and expect to be picking top 3 again soon which I hope we would not. Investing 20 Ms in order to be completely sure about your Qb situation is nothing considering the return. Damn a QB conspiracy I want the best guy to sling it for the next ten years. Just don't gift wrap the job again.

Uncle Rico, I rewatched the game a few times already, with the All-22 views.

Keenum played very well overall, IMO.

There was no problem with his ability to pick up the blitzes.

I can honestly said that if Schaub was in there, he would have suffered a ton of sacks and several Ints.

There was no near-Int either; just imagination of people. :lol:

I'm not worried about who we use the first round pick on yet. There is plenty of time to see how our current QB experiment works out before we have to make a decision there. In 7 more games Case could run out of gas and fall flat on his face or he could keep improving and finish the year looking like Drew Brees Lite. In 7 weeks we'll know what we have to do.

I'm going to say that I want Case Keenum to be the franchise QB we're looking for. I want that to happen because I like his game and hope it continues to elevate and I want us to be able to spend that pick on another position where I think we have more problems (OL, possibly LB. Maybe even a trade down for the right compensation). I have seen so many teams draft Fool's Gold at the QB position that I see a first rounder as an incredible gamble. Sure, bathed in the recent glow of Andrew Luck and RGIII it's easy to say "We gotta get one of these Top-10 QB's!" but going up to the top of the first round and picking a QB is risky stuff. If you're right you're brilliant. If you're wrong you **** over your team for a minimum of two years. Minimum. With this owner go ahead and call it four.

No, I want Keenum to put this to rest by playing lights out the rest of the way. I think that's what's best for the Texans long term future. Having the QB position in doubt is always a problem and make no mistake about this. With very few exceptions turning your team over to a rookie signal caller (which is exactly what you do when you select a guy in the top 10 spots of the first round) is still having your QB position "in doubt".

I can honestly said that if Schaub was in there, he would have suffered a ton of sacks and several Ints.

There was a problem picking up the blitz. My only question is how much of it is on Keenum and how much is on the O-line/RB's? Multiple times blitzers came unblocked and were in Keenum's face in under 2 seconds. I'm not too sure the great QB's would handle that pressure any differently.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...s-best-quarterback-in-college-football-102413

I obviously cherry picked but the numbers are all there. #1 in QBR and 0 interceptions stands out. I don't buy into system QBs who put up huge numbers in pass first offenses, Oregon leads the nation in rush yards per game. Johnny is an exciting "backyard" qb no doubt, but if you want a prototype guy who just so happens to be adept at running the dual threat system then you go Mariota, no question. Stanford had a brilliant gameplan and their defense isn't push overs so gauging your assessment on 1 game is ridiculous.

Manziel plays SEC defences almost every week. Mariota plays defences which have no hope of ever playing in the NFL. The first good defence he encountered, he was destroyed. 0 points after 3 quarters, absolutely destroyed. Scored 2 garbage TD when Stanford D went prevent.
"you go Mariota, no question" LOL. Really? Manziel put up 600 yards on Alabama's D, Mariota got destroyed by Stanford's D, which is not much better than Alabama's D, if it is better.

Case put up 24 points(should have been 27) against a top 10 NFL defence (Arizona) in their home, with a very bad OL which could not pick up a blitz to save their lives. What makes you think Mariota would have done better? When he got anihilated by a college defence.

I can appreciate your POV on most things, but come on, man! Dansby had one in his hands that he should have caught. It bounced up and ended up a completion to Hopkins. The one Case threw from deep in their own territory. Would have been a pick six. Keenum threw it right to Dansby.

Let's keep it honest, at least.

Manziel plays SEC defences almost every week. Mariota plays defences which have no hope of ever playing in the NFL. The first good defence he encountered, he was destroyed.

Case put up 24 points(should have been 27) against a top 10 NFL defence (Arizona) in their home, with a very bad OL which could not pick up a blitz to save their lives. What makes you think Mariota would have done better? When he got anihilated by a college defence.

Defense. Damn Brits. :D

Mariota would be a great fit with Philly, Bridgewater with Denver
(or other pocket pass teams), and Manziel is destined to flame out in
the NFL.

I watch aggie football, a ton, half of my family are A&M grads.

I see his positives as this:
1) very fleet of foot
2) leadership on the field

I see his negatives as this:
1) very small (keenum would look big next to him..)
2) arm strength not really improving at all
3) propensity to be less durable than he should (knee, shoulder..)

I love watching Johnny on saturday, but think his upside is
lower than Cam Newton's, and his downside could be really huge
with the character stuff..

In any regard, I get a very strong feeling that many people are
going to be surprised about how "great" of a QB draft this will
actually be.

I think Keenum's class might have actually been better than thought:
Luck, RGIII, Kaepernic, Wilson, Foles, and even Case (given that he
was an UDFA)

TJ

I can appreciate your POV on most things, but come on, man! Dansby had one in his hands that he should have caught. It bounced up and ended up a completion to Hopkins. The one Case threw from deep in their own territory. Would have been a pick six. Keenum threw it right to Dansby.

And he almost gifted a pick 6 deep in our territory last week to Vonte Davis on a quick slant to Johnson. So yeah that guy is exagerrating because those 3 stood out to me. As well as the "jump ball" (if you want to call it that (he throws on fades in the endzone. To me he is giving the defender just as much of a chance to come down with those as out receiver. So he's got to work on that.

No, I want Keenum to put this to rest by playing lights out the rest of the way. I think that's what's best for the Texans long term future. Having the QB position in doubt is always a problem and make no mistake about this. With very few exceptions turning your team over to a rookie signal caller (which is exactly what you do when you select a guy in the top 10 spots of the first round) is still having your QB position "in doubt".

Agreed. 100%. People get caught up in guys like Luck and whoever ESPN is hyping this year, and seemingly overlook that QB is a rough spot for drafting in general.

Blaine Gabbert was a top 10 pick. And if the Texans were to take Gabbert 2 in the first round, then there is still no QB competition. No GM/coach is going to bench that pick in a single year. Much less before it even begins.

Funny how a legitimate criticism of Keenum gets deflected and thrown the OL and coaches direction.

So Case can quick fade for a TD unscripted, but then he needs the coaches to hold his hand when the blitz is obvious?

The criticism is not legitimate. Schaub was also blitzed and pressured to death. The problem is clearly the OL. They cant pick up a blitz to save their lives. The guards and Newton suck. I still dont understand why they dont play Gardner instead of Newton, as he cannot be worse than him, and Gardner played well in preseason.

I believe you, I haven't rewatched a game since week 3. Agreed about Schaub.
But Case had a few balls sail on him with 3rd and short on the final drive. Need that first, need to keep moving the ball. I think he's been playing with fire and there have been close INTs if not in this game, then the other 2.

Nah, the first one he can't lob it, because the DB would have come up to the ball. He can't throw it too much on a line either, because the LB would have picked it clean. Credit the LB for his play-making skill.
Sharpton or May wouldn't have gotten to that ball.
That ball has good velocity, it's difficult for a LB to catch.
It's far from a poor throw or a poor decision.
You play in the NFL, you have to have the gut to make those throws; otherwise you play with the mentality of "playing to lose".

The second one, AJ had both hands on the ball.
The best a LB can do is to knock the ball loose.
You're not going to take the ball out of AJ's hand.
Again, that is the kind of throw you want your QB to make.

Manziel plays SEC defences almost every week. Mariota plays defences which have no hope of ever playing in the NFL. The first good defence he encountered, he was destroyed. 0 points after 3 quarters, absolutely destroyed. Scored 2 garbage TD when Stanford D went prevent.
"you go Mariota, no question" LOL. Really? Manziel put up 600 yards on Alabama's D, Mariota got destroyed by Stanford's D, which is not much better than Alabama's D, if it is better.

Apart from Alabama, who are these other great defenses you speak of? SEC gets by ob reputation most of the time, and deservedly so, but this year isn't the best year to use that argument. Call it garbage time all you want, you make it seem like Manziel beats teams on his own, not true. He has a top 10 pick at wideout that helps him out quite a bit and helps him look good. Kinda like Andre's miracle catches have made Case look good.? See any correlation? Case = Manziel. Andre = #13 (can't think of his name)

Mariota = best QBR in nation and 0 ints, similar rushing yards on 30 or so less carries.over 6'4 to look right over the defense.

Gabbert,Ponder, Freeman where all a big reach and gamble, Mariota is a consensus talent who might be the #1 pick. Don't take it from me, do a google search and educate yourself and stop being so subjective.

And he almost gifted a pick 6 deep in our territory last week to Vonte Davis on a quick slant to Johnson. So yeah that guy is exagerrating because those 3 stood out to me. As well as the "jump ball" (if you want to call it that (he throws on fades in the endzone. To me he is giving the defender just as much of a chance to come down with those as out receiver. So he's got to work on that.
Keenum expected AJ to win that battle; and he would have, too.
Except Davis grabbed AJ's head with his left arm/hand, and AJ's shoulder pad with his right hand.
All this was before the ball arrived.
That one should have been a PI, not an incompletion, not a near-Int.

On the jump ball TD to AJ, the Texans were trailing by 10 with 4 and a half min left; it was third down.
The call was made to go to AJ on a quick pass.
Your QB was trying to let your best WR to make a play.
If that was an incompletion, you go to fourth down.
Watch the play again; it wasn't the greatest throw; it could have been a hair deeper, but it wasn't a poor throw either.
Peterson outjumped AJ because he reached the ball with just one hand, while AJ wanted to catch it with both hands.
And because Peterson had to stretch himself to the max, he can't pull the ball in with one hand; AJ would have made sure of that.
Instead, AJ concentrated on the ball; that was why he came down with it.
He believed he can take that ball; otherwise, he would have played to deflect the ball from Peterson.

Apart from Alabama, who are these other great defenses you speak of? SEC gets by ob reputation most of the time, and deservedly so, but this year isn't the best year to use that argument. Call it garbage time all you want, you make it seem like Manziel beats teams on his own, not true. He has a top 10 pick at wideout that helps him out quite a bit and helps him look good. Kinda like Andre's miracle catches have made Case look good.? See any correlation? Case = Manziel. Andre = #13 (can't think of his name)

Mariota = best QBR in nation and 0 ints, similar rushing yards on 30 or so less carries.over 6'4 to look right over the defense.

Gabbert,Ponder, Freeman where all a big reach and gamble, Mariota is a consensus talent who might be the #1 pick. Don't take it from me, do a google search and educate yourself and stop being so subjective.

Not to mentioned, he was about to have a second LT drafted in the first round.

I do like Mariotta's potential.
I think he has the best chance to succeed in the NFL.
But he needs some time to develop his passing game.

Like Rey said, wait until next year, there are some great QBs that will come out.
Heck, trade away you first round pick this year if you intend to look for a real prospect; you can package that pick with next year to move up.
Some of the losing teams next year are likely to be those who had drafted their starters recently (like in the coming draft); there won't be all that much competition.

Not to mentioned, he was about to have a second LT drafted in the first round.

I do like Mariotta's potential.
I think he has the best chance to succeed in the NFL.
But he needs some time to develop his passing game.

Like Rey said, wait until next year, there are some great QBs that will come out.
Heck, trade away you first round pick this year if you intend to look for a real prospect; you can package that pick with next year to move up.
Some of the losing teams next year are likely to be those who had drafted their starters recently (like in the coming draft); there won't be all that much competition.

Plus the Ags are a pass first team.

Yes there are good prospects next year, but in order to get 1 we have to suck again, and I don't know if I can stomach another losing season. We are entrenched this year in the top 5, let's swing for the fences nd next year we will all be happy again, and everyone will be best friends! Well everyone except Tex and Brisco they hate my guts!! Lol.

Plus the Ags are a pass first team.

Yes there are good prospects next year, but in order to get 1 we have to suck again, and I don't know if I can stomach another losing season. We are entrenched this year in the top 5, let's swing for the fences nd next year we will all be happy again, and everyone will be best friends! Well everyone except Tex and Brisco they hate my guts!! Lol.

If the Texans think they can get to the SB with Matt Schaub, I'm positive they like their chance with Keenum.

Like I said, if you like a QB, trade away your first, and save it for next year to make a package deal.

So now AJ made look Case good ? AJ is great, no question, but when Schaub was in, he wasnt looking as good as with Case. About miracle catches, credit goes not only to AJ, but also to Case, he puts them where AJ can make a play, with tight coverage.

0 Points after 3 quarters against a college defense. Pass.

Case didn't have a good day despite the numbers. I don't have a problem with the aj jumpball,but he made some terrible reads. He also tried to retreat on the gut pressure and took a 23yd sack. He couldn't recognize the pressure and for a stretch he was just terrible. He's young and hopefully he'll play better in the 2nd half.

Case didn't have a good day despite the numbers. I don't have a problem with the aj jumpball,but he made some terrible reads. He also tried to retreat on the gut pressure and took a 23yd sack. He couldn't recognize the pressure and for a stretch he was just terrible. He's young and hopefully he'll play better in the 2nd half.

Yeah, he should have thrown that ball away, but it wasn't because he missed the blitz.

It was that double-dual thing that the Texand fool around with, having the Guard blocking two guys on the same play.

I disagree that he had problem picking up the blitz.
It's the O-line that can't pick up the blitzes.

Keenum was trying too hard on that play since it was third down.
He needed to just get rid of the ball and let the defense works.

Wait, we have a defense? :lol:

our defense is overrated but there are only a couple of teams that haven't outscored us. This collapse is in all 3 units.

If we have a better kicker, that would have been 27 points by the offense.
That is supposed to win you quite a few games.

The Cards aren't supposed to be real explosive on offense anyway.
If not for Newton spotting them 7 points, the tone of the game would have been quite different, I think.

What's up with all this top 3 pick talk? Yall know we got the Jags 2 more times right?

Let's be real for a minute. Case has played very solid, but needs improvement, as does our WHOLE TEAM. We just cut Reed for being honest and being a terrible football player, but he saw it. Everyone on this team is scum.

3 of our next 4 are against the Jags and Raiders at home. I expect we win those 3 games losing to the Pats wedged in there. Now we are 5-8.

Next 3 are @ Indy (never won, never will win w/ this regime), Denver, and @ Titans. We will likely lose all 3, with a possibility to win in Tenn, but probably a loss.

That means we will be 5-11 and having lost 4 of our last 5 games to end the season w/ Case at QB. The local media will blame Case, people that call Sports Radio will blame Case, and an uprising will be had. Kubiak and Marciano will finally be fired and someone new is gonna come in and want their own QB.

We will probably be pick #7 and draft Manziel because the new regime will see him as best available QB. Well, problem is Manziel will be a terrible NFL QB, and he's gonna be forced to start and we will suck for the next 2 years until we find a new Case Keenum and we have these same arguments again.

Can't you all see? It's a vicious cycle and we are all the rodents running around in circles while Roger Goodell dangles the cheese in front of us...

What's up with all this top 3 pick talk? Yall know we got the Jags 2 more times right?

Let's be real for a minute. Case has played very solid, but needs improvement, as does our WHOLE TEAM. We just cut Reed for being honest and being a terrible football player, but he saw it. Everyone on this team is scum.

3 of our next 4 are against the Jags and Raiders at home. I expect we win those 3 games losing to the Pats wedged in there. Now we are 5-8.

Next 3 are @ Indy (never won, never will win w/ this regime), Denver, and @ Titans. We will likely lose all 3, with a possibility to win in Tenn, but probably a loss.

That means we will be 5-11 and having lost 4 of our last 5 games to end the season w/ Case at QB. The local media will blame Case, people that call Sports Radio will blame Case, and an uprising will be had. Kubiak and Marciano will finally be fired and someone new is gonna come in and want their own QB.

We will probably be pick #7 and draft Manziel because the new regime will see him as best available QB. Well, problem is Manziel will be a terrible NFL QB, and he's gonna be forced to start and we will suck for the next 2 years until we find a new Case Keenum and we have these same arguments again.

Can't you all see? It's a vicious cycle and we are all the rodents running around in circles while Roger Goodell dangles the cheese in front of us...

That's why you don't win these next few games - wink.

And Case isn't a gunslinger? Don't underestimate the aggie connection with this regime.

I would take Manziel with a third, but not higher.
The risk of injury and his volatile personality are the yellow flags for me; otherwise, I would take him in the first round; just like I considered Keenum if he is a couple of inches taller.

Back