Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2nd round DJ Swearinger

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more interesting thing for me was that Jennings then outran everyone else.. including our corners.

I was thinking the same exact thing! I don't know what was more embarrassing... DJ's tackle attempt or that no one could catch Jennings for 80 yards! And you wonder why the secondary keeps getting beat deep!

Sigh.. welcome to the new NFL where love taps are only allowed if you are a receiver, and then when the real men play you get your face ripped off then run for a TD.

The more interesting thing for me was that Jennings then outran everyone else.. including our corners.

I kinda felt overall team speed was lacking, but I didn't Jennings would outrun the D

I kinda felt overall team speed was lacking, but I didn't Jennings would outrun the D

LOL ugh.. he ran a 4.59 at the combine.. not even a blazer.. oh joy

Pre-draft measurables
Ht Wt 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP
6 ft 1 in 231 lb 4.59 s 1.53 s 2.59 s 4.20 s 6.79 s 34 in 10 ft 0 in 29 reps
All values from NFL Combine

Dj also attributed to the TD over Darryl Sharpton. At least he didn't contribute when he should have.

LOL ugh.. he ran a 4.59 at the combine.. not even a blazer.. oh joy

Pre-draft measurables
Ht Wt 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP
6 ft 1 in 231 lb 4.59 s 1.53 s 2.59 s 4.20 s 6.79 s 34 in 10 ft 0 in 29 reps
All values from NFL Combine

Did anyone catch his 80-yd dash time? :kitten:

eh he's a rook. let's see what he looks like next year when he gets another full off-season to hit the gym.

He is a rookie

U know whats sad all our 2nd round picks don't have the luxary of gettin red shirted there first year we suck so bad our 1st and 2nd round picks go straight to starters LOL

Other than getting Earl Campbell'ed I think hes been playing ok. I mean cmon guys he's a rookie gotta give him some time, its not fair. YADA YADA YADA

Against Oakland, DJ was in position to either batt down or intercept a pass a couple of times but it was just out of his reach.

It _almost_ looked like they were trying to exploit the size issue with him...

TJ

Against Oakland, DJ was in position to either batt down or intercept a pass a couple of times but it was just out of his reach.

It _almost_ looked like they were trying to exploit the size issue with him...

TJ

I think you're 'reaching' not like DBs are prized for their height.

He's young and hopefully he'll learn that playing like Bernard pollard is not a good thing. It's nice to get a big hit but its worse to get trucked when you should've just wrapped up. Too early to determine if hell be good or lousy. Look at Kareem Jackson. The guy was like a Matt Schaub CB his rookie year now he's a solid player.

I think he's a gangsta punk who needs to play like a professional football player and keep his head straight.

I think he's a gangsta punk who needs to play like a professional football player and keep his head straight.

I think he is trying to get Kubiak fired by doing stupid things that make you think "wow, that is what poorly coached teams do".

I think he is trying to get Kubiak fired by doing stupid things that make you think "wow, that is what poorly coached teams do".

True. Stupid penalties like DJ committed last night are a reflection of a lack of coaching and a lack of discipline.

What happened?

I went to bed midway through the 2Q. The only thing of note I saw him do was get a pretty sweet PD
Defense stopped the jags forcing a 4th down punt. Swearinger decided to taunt the other team (like he's Mr Tuffguy on a 2-10 team) giving them a 1st down instead. He followed that up with a pass interference penalty on the next play IIRC. It was around 40 penalty yards in 2 plays.

What happened?

I went to bed midway through the 2Q. The only thing of note I saw him do was get a pretty sweet PD

Complete mental breakdown on the field. JAX was walking off the field after a failed 3rd and 2 to punt and DJ smack talks as they're on their way and gets a taunting penalty. Then another penalty later where he held onto Lewis negating a pick by Pleasant (which might not have been picked unless DJ held though.) He was attempting arm tackling again and bounced off MJD. He did celebrate every freaking tackle like he was making huge plays in the Super Bowl. He made some other bad plays that I can't recall. Dude's a clown, Pollard without the big hits and occasional pick, at least in his rookie campaign.

If only we could have signed a grizzled vet with a Super Bowl ring (preferably one who plays the same position as he does) to come in and show him how to do this...

And then to hammer home his point he publicly humiliated his coach by acting like a spoiled teenager at the side when Kubiak tried to give him a bollocking. I'm not defending Kubiak, he's clearly lost respect and discipline but Swearinger should be disciplined for thast display, he needs to understand that is not acceptable.

And then to hammer home his point he publicly humiliated his coach by acting like a spoiled teenager at the side when Kubiak tried to give him a bollocking. I'm not defending Kubiak, he's clearly lost respect and discipline but Swearinger should be disciplined for thast display, he needs to understand that is not acceptable.

I've heard of the term bollocks but I didn't now know that one could perform a bollocking. I guess a "Bullocking" is missing a FG from 45+ yards!

Any way, I agree and in the game thread even stated that an actual "good" coach would have benched him for that. Unfortunately we are stuck with a coach that doesn't hold players accountable and puts it all on him.

I've heard of the term bollocks but I didn't now know that one could perform a bollocking. I guess a "Bullocking" is missing a FG from 45+ yards!

Any way, I agree and in the game thread even stated that an actual "good" coach would have benched him for that. Unfortunately we are stuck with a coach that doesn't hold players accountable and puts it all on him.

Close, a "Bullocking" is what one gets for missing a FG from 45+ yards

It's not Swearinger fault guys.

Kubiak address this already and he takes total blame for his penalties and the rest of them.

:kitten:

The kid has the tools, but he needs to keep that ego in check.

Hope you're right. The most I've seen out of him is what you see from box safeties.

What irked me is the fact we left him in the game after acting a fool. Bench his ass! Throw Jon Weeks in there and let him eat

Hope you're right. The most I've seen out of him is what you see from box safeties.

What irked me is the fact we left him in the game after acting a fool. Bench his ass! Throw Jon Weeks in there and let him eat

Exactly. You want to keep what little respect you have from fans and your players? You sit him down. I don't care what some media people say, what I see is a team that is playing smart or inspired for a lame duck dead in the water coach. They might respect him as a man and might say the right things, but Kubiak has never shown to be one to hold anyone accountable and the team is finally responding to that kind of leadership.

Exactly. You want to keep what little respect you have from fans and your players? You sit him down. I don't care what some media people say, what I see is a team that is playing smart or inspired for a lame duck dead in the water coach. They might respect him as a man and might say the right things, but Kubiak has never shown to be one to hold anyone accountable and the team is finally responding to that kind of leadership.

Agreed. I don't care much about what the heads say either, but Mayock and Nessler (I think) were darn near to the point of making fun of the guy

I'm a swearinger fan, but kubiak should have yanked his ass and told him to get a ****ing clue.

But I'm not down in swagg. I think he and everyone else could benefit from some real coaching. I don't even think Vance Joseph says anything to these guys anymore because the DB's look like they just do whatever they feel like.

Agreed. I don't care much about what the heads say either, but Mayock and Nessler (I think) were darn near to the point of making fun of the guy
Yep what will cost Gary his job is screaming "what the F are you doing?" and then not benching the guy. This was another nail in Kubiak's coffin for me.

Another thing did anyone else notice Schaub scolding Martin for not getting in huddle quickly? Martin just seemed to ignore him. Matt seemed to talk to him later on sideline &again Martin just ignored. A series or so later (I think after Scahub had thrown him a pass, Martin was on bench and Schaub seemed to be coaching him. I want to see that from a QB and I want to see a coach on Martin or whomever's ass for not respecting QB. I don't care if the waterboy is QB, do what you are told.

I'm a swearinger fan, but kubiak should have yanked his ass and told him to get a ****ing clue.

But I'm not down in swagg. I think he and everyone else could benefit from some real coaching. I don't even think Vance Joseph says anything to these guys anymore because the DB's look like they just do whatever they feel like.
too slow to react...the Texas way. Keo starting also mindbloggling....but he's slow, so I guess that's cool for this slowass team.

not defending his actions but if this was a 11-2 team, would be "he got caught up in the passion of the game" BUT it is what it is, Texans are 2-11 and all the antics the players do now is ridiculous, as it should be...

Oh and getting beat on a double pass trick play was icing on the proverbial cake for "Swagg" last night...

too slow to react...the Texas way. Keo starting also mindbloggling....but he's slow, so I guess that's cool for this slowass team.

No way Keo should be starting, but the fact that he's not the worst starter says a lot.

I am a fan of DJS as well, but he seems to have adopted the Texans habit of unwarranted celebration. You're 2-11. Just do your job, STFU, and get back to the defensive huddle. So tired of watching these guys act like they've done something when it's ONE play in a season of fail.

No way Keo should be starting, but the fact that he's not the worst starter says a lot.

I am a fan of DJS as well, but he seems to have adopted the Texans habit of unwarranted celebration. You're 2-11. Just do your job, STFU, and get back to the defensive huddle. So tired of watching these guys act like they've done something when it's ONE play in a season of fail.
He's no Chris Dishman. :clap:

To me DJS is a kid acting out wondering who is in charge .

Keo hit a 4.7 at the combine in the 40 . Wade liked him because he worked so hard at the East West Shrine game .

I don't know why we insist on playing 3 safeties anyway. I understand Swearinger's used as a box safety a majority of the time, but why not use Harris instead of Keo? And for some reason we just started playing Pleasant. He's been the best S on the field the past couple of weeks

I don't know why we insist on playing 3 safeties anyway. I understand Swearinger's used as a box safety a majority of the time, but why not use Harris instead of Keo? And for some reason we just started playing Pleasant. He's been the best S on the field the past couple of weeks

I'm sure he didn't have his locker clean .

To me DJS is a kid acting out wondering who is in charge .

Keo hit a 4.7 at the combine in the 40 . Wade liked him because he worked so hard at the East West Shrine game .

LoL...swearinger thinks he's in charge.

Where is the leadership at man...I like dj, but someone needs to sit his ass down and put some proper thoughts in his head. 'He should know better, but inevitably teams are going to have players like this. It's up to team leadership to get them reigned in and hope they mature. If not move on.

LoL...swearinger thinks he's in charge.

Where is the leadership at man...I like dj, but someone needs to sit his ass down and put some proper thoughts in his head. 'He should know better, but inevitably teams are going to have players like this. It's up to team leadership to get them reigned in and hope they mature. If not move on.

Eureka .... it just came to me . DJ ( a gamecock ) is working to get Clowney ( a gamecock ) , per Bob's ( a gamecock ) instruction .

No.

What irks me is that we called a time-out to ***** him out and THEN left his ass in the game.

He owed us 6 points. 3 points that we probably would have gotten if we had gotten the ball and 3 points that we ended up giving up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back