2024 NFL Scouting Combine

Non-invites:

Carson Steele RB UCLA
Blake Watson RB Memphis
Will Putnam C Clemson
Sundiata Anderson Edge Grambling State
Jamree Kromah DL James Madison
Jackson Sirmon LB California

I really like Steele and hope he can be drafted with one of those 7th rd picks.

I like DE, Jamree Kromah out of James Madison. JK was with Rutgers out of HS for 3 seasons before transferring to James Madison. He's 6-4 @ 275 lbs with good strength and flex. He could be a heck of a sleeper in RD7......also, he got an invite to the Combine. Hope he remains in RD7.

Mohamed Kamara, DE from Colorado St, is fast. Someone I listen to metioned him from one of the postseason games. Will be interesting to see where he gets drafted.

This is why Casserio doesn’t stay put at 23. If he wants Robinson, he’s gonna have to go get him.
I think it will be a small trade up if at all.

Chop doesn't have the stats to backup his athletic talent. I'm pretty sure that one of the Robinson's, Thomas, Mitchell, DeJean will be there at 1-23. So I dont think I would be looking to trade up unless it was for Bowers. In fact a trade down might be the way to go.

I think it will be a small trade up if at all.

Chop doesn't have the stats to backup his athletic talent. I'm pretty sure that one of the Robinson's, Thomas, Mitchell, DeJean will be there at 1-23. So I dont think I would be looking to trade up unless it was for Bowers. In fact a trade down might be the way to go.
I can't see a trade up - I can see a trade down.
Ennis Rakestraw would be in play as well as the two Robinsons.

I can't see a trade up - I can see a trade down.
Ennis Rakestraw would be in play as well as the two Robinsons.

I would love for the Texans draft to fall this way.

1. Chop
2. Sweat
3. Cam Hart
4. Nate Watson
4. Cole Bishop

Add Barkley and Curtis Samuel in FA, plus find a swing OT and lets roll

Chop reminds me of Travon Walker - more athlete than football player.
Give me Darius Robinson - dude is an alpha dawg.
I can certainly see how you feel this way. I'm just trying to imagine Ryans working with a guy like Chop. WA/Chop with Sweat in the middle, man the potential.

Not just because of his 40 times today, but his tape makes Wilson a top 15 player in this draft. He could be Ryans Warner. A LB corps of Harris/Wilson/Cashman, man that's good stuff. What's your tolerance for Wilson's injury history?

I can certainly see how you feel this way. I'm just trying to imagine Ryans working with a guy like Chop. WA/Chop with Sweat in the middle, man the potential.

Not just because of his 40 times today, but his tape makes Wilson a top 15 player in this draft. He could be Ryans Warner. A LB corps of Harris/Wilson/Cashman, man that's good stuff. What's your tolerance for Wilson's injury history?
Not familiar with it but if FO is okay with it, then that is good enough.
I would prefer Javon Bullard with #59 - or Junior Colson

I have think the only thing that will move Wilson’s stock this week are his medicals. He will be off the board for some teams.
I look at Wilson like I look at Latu, there will be teams where Wilson is off their board. I bet there will be a team that has him rated in the 1st rd that his medicals wont matter. One things for sure, the speed and agility Wilson showed today also shows up on tape. He's a great player.

Braden Fiske has some Aaron Donald type athleticism. He should be there at 2-59.

Wilson at 1-23 and Fiske at 2-59 would add some real speed to the defense.

If this happened, I would trade for Mack on a one yr deal and bring back Barnett.

WA/Fiske/Collins/Mack, Bring back Tart/Davis/Barnett/Horton

Cashman/Wilson/Harris

That's a very fast athletic front 7.

Braden Fiske has some Aaron Donald type athleticism. He should be there at 2-59.

Wilson at 1-23 and Fiske at 2-59 would add some real speed to the defense.

If this happened, I would trade for Mack on a one yr deal and bring back Barnett.

WA/Fiske/Collins/Mack, Bring back Tart/Davis/Barnett/Horton

Cashman/Wilson/Harris

That's a very fast athletic front 7.
I think Wilson is a WLB not a MLB

I think Wilson is a WLB not a MLB
He's played MLB before I believe I saw him do this in some highlights. With his talent he can play anywhere. The only question about Wilson is his injury history.

But you could move Cashman to MLB if you wanted Wilson to play the SAM. I'm sure he could do this and cover TE/RB's. He's also good against the run too. He was a wrestler in high school.

Last edited:
That or plug him in as your Strong Safety. Bigger, faster than Sean Taylor!
You could easily play him at the SAM and Cashman at MLB. This would help solve the covering the TE/RB's that the Texans have never been good at.

Bottom line is the defense would be really fast if you could draft Chop at 1-23 and then trade back up for Wilson at the top of the 2nd.

Harris/Wilson run in the 4.4's and Cashman runs in the 4.5's. Put that with WA 4.6, Chop 4.4 and Stingley 4.3. That's real speed on the defense.

So watching most of the Penn St guys test really well started me thinking. Does Penn St tend to produce better athletes than football players? Watching their guys light up the Combine yesterday is in strak contrast with them getting dominated by Michigan and OSU, whose players aren't the "in-shorts" stars as Penn St.

Just a random mussing on a Friday morning, while in a meeting that I have no need to be in.

So watching most of the Penn St guys test really well started me thinking. Does Penn St tend to produce better athletes than football players? Watching their guys light up the Combine yesterday is in strak contrast with them getting dominated by Michigan and OSU, whose players aren't the "in-shorts" stars as Penn St.

Just a random mussing on a Friday morning, while in a meeting that I have no need to be in.

Exactly!!! Use the Combine and Pro Day as a way to validate what sold you on a players film or live performances. Never use Underwear and T-Shirt Day as your buying point exclusively.

Nate Wiggins runs a 4.29, then leaves the field saying he felt a pop in his groin.

Update: Now a hip flexor, said he will be ready for Clemson's Pro-Day.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: JB
Back