Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2024 Draft Talk

Great attitude. I can’t wait to see this guy in action. I see some scouts list him at S and some at LB. Scheme and positional versatility who can run like the wind. Stud special teams guy. Sign me up. Ryans is going to spend a year or two molding this guy to his liking while he becomes a ST stud. Love it!

I do mocks for fun, and I do some research into guys, concentrating on guys expected to be in the top 150 or so…and then some specific guys that intrigue me late.

Multiple reasons - to increase my knowledge of guys entering the league, it’s a hobby just like watching football, it helps my fantasy football acumen so I make better selections, it makes watching the draft a whole lot more fun and I try to match player to team, especially in the top 100 or so, and I do try to match wits with the GM of my favorite team.

I take none of it seriously and I’m not sitting around for hours every day. I’m not a film freak but do watch clips and read up on guys. So of course some of many takes are influenced by those that do watch a lot of film. I’m just a football fan, and I love the draft. I don’t see anything wrong with it whatsoever.
Agree. There is nothing wrong with it whatsoever. To each their own. After the Texans make a selection. I read the summary on the player and hope they help my favorite team win. I have no idea or opinion on who they should have or could have taken. You and @steelbtexan provided good explanations of why you find it entertaining without creating terrible analogies.

Maybe it's the immediate whining and criticism of the team and players that keeps me disinterested in the process. Thanks for the viewpoint without the analogies.

Agree. There is nothing wrong with it whatsoever. To each their own. After the Texans make a selection. I read the summary on the player and hope they help my favorite team win. I have no idea or opinion on who they should have or could have taken. You and @steelbtexan provided good explanations of why you find it entertaining without creating terrible analogies.

Maybe it's the immediate whining and criticism of the team and players that keeps me disinterested in the process. Thanks for the viewpoint without the analogies.
Checks and balances. Shouldn’t need those anymore I realize, actually didn’t do a formal one this year because of it, but lucky they took Cade otherwise instead of a C would give it F.

Earl, everyone is different. People are like stars in the heavens. Esch one twinkles a little differently. What turns one on, turns another off. It doesn’t bother me what people do. Some have strong opinions on guys…some don’t. It does make me chuckle when people think they know more than the team does…but that’s fandom right? We all like to think we’re experts, although most of us are not. It’s all in good fun. Have a good one Earl.

There is another RB sitting out there for the taking. Micah Bernard (Utah) is a pretty decent size back at 6-0 and 201 pounds who does block in the backfield. He’s a downhill runner with enough speed to get around the corner…..4.34-40 can help him do it.

Hill was actually a guy that i called the Texans drafting. I think he'll def be a special teams guy but they told him they see a lot of similarities between him and Harris.

I wouldnt be surprised if he eventually saw some snaps in passing situations.
I’ve seen him listed at 216#s and 226#s. Anyone know which it is?

Jordan instead wins with vision and command as a runner. His feet are quick yet always under control. There's a gracefulness to the way Jordan can weave between rushing lanes and adjust to whatever pops up in front of him.
Better yet, Jordan anticipates those issues well. His vision is fantastic. He understands how to read the leverage of blocks and press the line of scrimmage until the last possible moment before making a cut. Jordan is also an incredibly confident runner. Rarely does he get stuck fiddling around behind the line.
On third downs, Jordan is not overwhelming, but he gets the job done. While Jordan lacks the size to win every pass-pro rep, he has the eyes and want-to at least to be in the right spot. Jordan is also a useful pass-catcher. Not only is he good underneath, but he can be sparingly used down the field and from the slot

Who does this NOT sound like that is on the roster? He is the anti-DP

If he doesnt make the roster ill be shocked. They spent a lot of time vetting him.
Spent a lot of time vetting him? Congratulations to you then. I follow Oregon but admit, not like I use to. Track town, physical freaks, undersized overachievers. Let’s hope that’s exactly what he is?

And still no small school guys drafted. Not complaining just observing.
Starting to get an idea of what this organization values. Big school producers. Certain size thresholds depending on position (EX: LBs with 32”+ arms).

Not as many team captains this year as I expected. But I guess they’ve got their core leaders in the building now for this era.

Back