Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2024 Draft Talk

I still don't understand the purpose of mock drafts or the whining that happens on draft days. People spend weeks even months trying to predict the players that will be selected by teams and even though they have no idea what a team is planning, they still get upset when the team doesn't select the players they expected or want the team to draft.
I don’t understand it, either. I never have, and probability never will. I don’t understand the weeks and months that put into it, when in the end, it’s a Christmas Day in reverse. It’s just so weird to me.

I do mocks for fun, and I do some research into guys, concentrating on guys expected to be in the top 150 or so…and then some specific guys that intrigue me late.

Multiple reasons - to increase my knowledge of guys entering the league, it’s a hobby just like watching football, it helps my fantasy football acumen so I make better selections, it makes watching the draft a whole lot more fun and I try to match player to team, especially in the top 100 or so, and I do try to match wits with the GM of my favorite team.

I take none of it seriously and I’m not sitting around for hours every day. I’m not a film freak but do watch clips and read up on guys. So of course some of many takes are influenced by those that do watch a lot of film. I’m just a football fan, and I love the draft. I don’t see anything wrong with it whatsoever.

Is Brendan Rice still available? Laube? Stiggers would also intrigue me this late as a potential steal this late, but that’s a long shot give the two earlier picks.

Found a fresh list of guys not yet drafted. Here’s a few I like…

Matt Lee C
Julian Pearl G
Dylan Laube RB
Nelson Caesar edge
Kimani Vidal RB
Cornelius Johnson WR
Mekhi Wingo DT
Johnny Wilson WR
Brendan Rice WR
Gabe Hall edge
Leaonard Tayler DT

There’s a handful of others but those pare some guys I’d take a hard look at…

Found a fresh list of guys not yet drafted. Here’s a few I like…

Matt Lee C
Julian Pearl G
Dylan Laube RB
Nelson Caesar edge
Kimani Vidal RB
Cornelius Johnson WR
Mekhi Wingo DT
Johnny Wilson WR
Brendan Rice WR
Gabe Hall edge
Leaonard Tayler DT

There’s a handful of others but those pare some guys I’d take a hard look at…

Mahogany not on this list but imo BPA. Would love to add him to the interior OL competition. Mean nasty mauler in the run game! Thought of him as a 3rd rounder but NFL seems to know something and wont tell us peon armchair GMs!

Mahogany not on this list but imo BPA. Would love to add him to the interior OL competition. Mean nasty mauler in the run game! Thought of him as a 3rd rounder but NFL seems to know something and wont tell us peon armchair GMs!

Yup he was a guy I started to add to the list but thought it was getting too long, but I agree. He’d be a nice piece to add.

We are up. Hell give me Laube and Nelson Caesar. But I trust these guys. Whoever it is - I’m ready for it.

Seeing that most of my Mock’ed picks have gone sooner than expected….I wouldn’t mind seeing CB/S- Miles Battle (Utah) in a Texans uniform. Add DT- Gabe Hall (Baylor) to the mix as well.

First guy I haven’t put any study into so I’m flying blind. Seems like a core ST stud, and a guy that might work his way into sub packages. Maybe play that big nickel spot? At this point in the draft, I like it. Keep those special teams special!

Wingo going 189 drives home the fact that I don’t think Nicknd DeMeco are that worried about the DT spot
Same. Pretty clear they feel differently about the DT room than the majority on this forum. Also, they brought in another vet DE Dawaune Smoot prior to the draft. Like Edwards, another vet who could bump inside.

Holy hell. Athlete more than player perhaps, but I am confident DeMeco will max out that athletic ability. Don’t know the player, so this is just a snap judgement, but I love the idea of those guy. Let’s see what he can do on teams and sub packages.
If I want to draft a developmental stud athlete to play LB then i’m sending him to DeMeco.

First guy I haven’t put any study into so I’m flying blind. Seems like a core ST stud, and a guy that might work his way into sub packages. Maybe play that big nickel spot? At this point in the draft, I like it. Keep those special teams special!

Just another point of view on this guy:

Back