Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2024 draft prospects - videos, articles.

Crazy but 6'-3, 250 is on the larger side of TEs now. I can't think of a top TE over 260, average size is prolly 245. I like Cade Stover, he's 255 and a large TE by todays standards. Damn big boys just don't eat as many cheeseburgers and chicken fried steaks as they used to.
Probably a bunch of vegans these days...

I like Cade Stover, Ben Sinnott, and Jared Wiley as options for us.
I'm hoping Wiley falls to the 6th/7th rd. If he falls to the 6th, I'm using a couple of the 7ths to move up to get him. He can be the Ross Dwelley blocking TE that can catch the a little bit. Another TE to look at is Baylor Cupp TE, Texas Tech. Guys got talent but has been injury prone.

I'm hoping Wiley falls to the 6th/7th rd. If he falls to the 6th, I'm using a couple of the 7ths to move up to get him. He can be the Ross Dwelley blocking TE that can catch the a little bit. Another TE to look at is Baylor Cupp TE, Texas Tech. Guys got talent but has been injury prone.
I’m not familiar with Cupp. I’ll have to look into him.

That is correct and I am anticipating some interesting trades which might include 2023 starting quarterback Justin Fields. If handled correctly, the Bears could be well on their way to the playoffs in 2024. This turned out to be a really good Perfect Storm for Chicago. Not sure if they're coaching team will be there or the general manager.
If Justin Fields can not take the Bears to the playoffs in 2024, but a rookie QB can, who would trade for why would anyone trade for Justin Fields?

Washington?New England? Arizona? Not from where they are in the draft.

Minnesota?

A mid round sleeper, who may not remain a sleeper after the Combine and Pro Day:

5-10 @ 210 lbs / Ran an unofficial 4.28-40, but was clocked at 22.2 mph against Georgia this season. Supposedly he has a top speed of 23 mph. He’s also known to be a stellar blocker in the backfield. He has some things to clean up but his intangibles make me think Arian Foster all over again….only he has elite speed.
Very impressive

It appears he runs hard between the tackles and is a one cut and got kind of guy. Faster Singletary? How are his hands?

J Michael Sturdivant WR UCLA
SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
  • A fluid mover capable of creating some separation over the middle of the field, Sturdivant has the long arms and soft hands to provide a sizable catch radius.
  • Made Bruce Feldman's 2023 Freaks List, he said "The 6-3, 206-pound sophomore is the most gifted wideout the Bruins have had in the Chip Kelly era. Sturdivant has topped out at 23.2 MPH and also bench-pressed close to 300 pounds and squatted almost 400 pounds this offseason."
  • Has rare suddenness with lightning footwork to create in tight areas with elusive shiftiness and change-of direction skills.
  • He’s excellent downfield, accelerating to top speed quickly and stacking on top of cornerbacks. Sturdivant has excellent body control, contorting to make difficult catches and working well on back-shoulder throws.
  • An impressive athlete with very quick acceleration to reach his top speed quickly and stretch the field. Very good body control and smooth movements. Plays fast and explosive.
  • Sturdivant has a tapered build and strong hands, ripping the ball back with ease when defensive backs manage to get a hold of it.
  • Fits a zone system, can sift through oncoming traffic and explode through tiny creases and cutback lanes. Elite, darting stop-and-go acceleration. Dangerous in the open field.
  • Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
Absolutely worth consideration.
Edit - Scratch that - Sturdivant is returning to school.

Last edited:
Very impressive

It appears he runs hard between the tackles and is a one cut and got kind of guy. Faster Singletary? How are his hands?

22 catches for 141 yards this season. Here's his PFF Scouting Report:

• Quantifiably elite speed and explosiveness threat with home-run ability in open space
  • Long-striding, low-to-the-ground boundary bandit who reliably trails wide zone runs
  • Able to use abrupt angle spasms while keeping stride to induce hesitation in defenders
  • Can use his hyperactive, short-area jitter to correct his attack angles ahead of gaps
  • Has the hip flexibility to weave his way upfield past lunging defenders and stay clean
  • Possesses a good mix of patience and decisiveness and can instinctively flow to space
  • Speed and instincts allow him to consistently carve out small gains with congested looks
  • Has the vision to quickly identify and utilize A-gap openings with his speed
  • Full-field vision allows him to sear across diagonal lanes and cut chunks out of defenses
  • Efficiently uses space behind blocks and can levy stiff arms to pry past threats
  • Wiry strength for his size and can grate through arm tackles with leg churn
  • Willing to lower his shoulder and finish forward, using his power-charged lower body
  • Quality receiving threat with a functional route tree and good hand-catching ability
  • Able to seamlessly gather passes as a backfield RAC threat and turn corners with speed
  • Alert pass-blocker, who keeps his eyes up, stays square to gaps, and uses active hands
He only has 365 CFB carries on his body which means he should be in good shape starting his NFL career. I hope he remains a sleeper so the Texans could comfortably select him in RD4.

He's projected to be later than RD4.....but his Combine and Pro Day will probably change his ranking dramatically if he pops a 4.31-40 for the scouts.
nfldraftbuzz has him as an UDFA

SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES
  • Wright has a slight build, especially for a running back, and Wright isn’t going to grind out yardage between the tackles, as he lacks power and runs with a fairly high pad level.
  • Has a lean frame and lacks ideal bulk or muscle for the position. Doesn't have great strength, lacking a power element to his game to break many tackles.
  • Wright isn’t going to overwhelm opposing defensive backs with speed and athleticism.

nfldraftbuzz has him as an UDFA

SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES
  • Wright has a slight build, especially for a running back, and Wright isn’t going to grind out yardage between the tackles, as he lacks power and runs with a fairly high pad level.
  • Has a lean frame and lacks ideal bulk or muscle for the position. Doesn't have great strength, lacking a power element to his game to break many tackles.
  • Wright isn’t going to overwhelm opposing defensive backs with speed and athleticism.
I read that article and it's very contradictory - i.e., the Scouting Report strengths say the exact opposite. idonno:

I flip-flop on this topic nearly every time I think about it. Between Howards injury and the play of Fant I could see them drafting a guy to step into RT and be insurance at LT for the future.

But the only position I can completely rule out as a draft target it QB.
Add Guard, kicker and punter.

I can see us taking a Ol in 1 that can be a 10yr starter. There will be at least an OT or guard that rates first day. Protecting our QB is high on my list. The teams in our conference are loade on edge rushers a will most likely add one in the first round.

If an edge like Latu or Robinson fall to 1-23 they should be the pick. Elite pass rusher are premium picks and you can never have too many of them.

Reactions: JB
I flip-flop on this topic nearly every time I think about it. Between Howards injury and the play of Fant I could see them drafting a guy to step into RT and be insurance at LT for the future.

But the only position I can completely rule out as a draft target it QB.
Sounds like free agent Trent Brown. At left tackle this year PFF had him at over 80. That also opens up a draft spot.

Back