Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2024 draft prospects - videos, articles.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Here's a thread to post up players you like.
You can put up vid clips and/or articles and comments.
I'll kick off with my favorite RB in this upcoming draft, Trey Benson, Florida Seminoles.
One of the best things I note about him is his ability to move through a crowd and still make ground. Pretty fast for a 223 pound guy too with a 4:37 40 on his resume.
Also a decent blocker and catcher of the football.
You can post up as many as you like.
This will make a nice resource for us draftniks to access.

This guy just might be my favorite receiver in this class - Rome Odunze, Washington.
Said to be a little "raw", so what is this guys ceiling with some professional polish?
Has good size at 6'3" and 205 pounds and a great wingspan/catch radius.
He runs excellent routes and has the knack of finding open spaces.
Is a freak athlete and has a 4:34 40 on his resume.
I'm sure CJ would love to have him as a weapon to throw to.
If he does somehow fall to the Texans, I won't be disappointed if they take him.
Most mocks seem to have him going before pick #12, but most mocks also have Texans picking 26 or 27 which seems likely the way Browns are playing.

Last edited:
A mid round sleeper, who may not remain a sleeper after the Combine and Pro Day:

5-10 @ 210 lbs / Ran an unofficial 4.28-40, but was clocked at 22.2 mph against Georgia this season. Supposedly he has a top speed of 23 mph. He’s also known to be a stellar blocker in the backfield. He has some things to clean up but his intangibles make me think Arian Foster all over again….only he has elite speed.

Last edited:
The Texans will likely pick in the mid 20's, at best. So the top tier WRs will be off the board. That's OK, as Caserio has hit on WR in the 3rd round two of the past three drafts. A WR that may carry a 3rd round grade and is a good fit in the Texans offense is Malachi Corley of Western Kentucky. Corley has a great combination of explosiveness, agility, and toughness to succeed as a slot receiver in the NFL. I'm looking forward to seeing him against top competition in next month's Senior Bowl.

The Texans will likely pick in the mid 20's, at best. So the top tier WRs will be off the board. That's OK, as Caserio has hit on WR in the 3rd round two of the past three drafts. A WR that may carry a 3rd round grade and is a good fit in the Texans offense is Malachi Corley of Western Kentucky. Corley has a great combination of explosiveness, agility, and toughness to succeed as a slot receiver in the NFL. I'm looking forward to seeing him against top competition in next month's Senior Bowl.
SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
  • Has enough upper-body strength and tenacity to be very effective as a downfield blocker. Is not shy about taking on his man, provides some pop and will open a running lane for his back at the next level.
  • Corley runs precise routes, showing an innate feel for setting up defensive backs to create separation.
  • He’s coordinated with soft, reliable hands, and Corley shows the ability to adjust to balls thrown behind him, as well as a knack for digging out low throws.
and more link

I like Corley a lot, I like Legette more. Corley in the 3rd seems like a Caserio pick.

If you draft Corley he's going to play the slot, which means Tank will have to play outside. I can definitely get on board with Tank playing outside.

I like Corley a lot as well, but I think his best position at the next level is something like a 3rd down back Plus. I don't think he's going to beat NFL CBs clean enough to get the separation he is going to need at the next level. But if teams think his blocking checks out (and he certainly seems big enough/physical enough to make that something to look at), sticking him in there as a 3rd down back, give him a couple carries a game, a couple passes to the flats or screens, and he's a really interesting weapon.

Here’s a clip from an article in The Athletic:

Smart finished his news conference by telling a story about one of the players sitting next to him — cornerback Kamari Lassiter, a junior who got a first- or second-round grade from the NFL.
“Kamari, you should come out for the draft,” Smart said he told Lassiter. “You’re one of the top corners in the draft, you’ve gotta make that decision.”
And there was a second decision to be made: Whether to play in the Orange Bowl. If Lassiter opted out, Smart was fine with that.

“I don’t know if you’ve got a lot to prove in this bowl game, Kamari,” Smart said he told him. “But I do know who you are. And I do know how you practice, and I do know how you lead. And I’m not going to be disappointed in anything you decide.”
A few days later, Lassiter and his mother met with Smart, and the decision was essentially made to sit out the game. But a couple of days later Lassiter called Smart.
“Coach, I can’t do it,” he said, according to Smart. “Sitting out over there coaching. I can’t do it. I wanna be out there playing with my guys.”

He sounds like a guy that DeMeco would want on the team. I’ve seen him mocked as early as late 1st, but mostly round 2. He could be an option to pair with Stingley.

I like Corley a lot as well, but I think his best position at the next level is something like a 3rd down back Plus. I don't think he's going to beat NFL CBs clean enough to get the separation he is going to need at the next level. But if teams think his blocking checks out (and he certainly seems big enough/physical enough to make that something to look at), sticking him in there as a 3rd down back, give him a couple carries a game, a couple passes to the flats or screens, and he's a really interesting weapon.
Was this written up on Dee o coming out? No I'm not saying Corley is going to become Deebo.

Metchie really has disappointed, or we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Here’s a clip from an article in The Athletic:

Smart finished his news conference by telling a story about one of the players sitting next to him — cornerback Kamari Lassiter, a junior who got a first- or second-round grade from the NFL.
“Kamari, you should come out for the draft,” Smart said he told Lassiter. “You’re one of the top corners in the draft, you’ve gotta make that decision.”
And there was a second decision to be made: Whether to play in the Orange Bowl. If Lassiter opted out, Smart was fine with that.

“I don’t know if you’ve got a lot to prove in this bowl game, Kamari,” Smart said he told him. “But I do know who you are. And I do know how you practice, and I do know how you lead. And I’m not going to be disappointed in anything you decide.”
A few days later, Lassiter and his mother met with Smart, and the decision was essentially made to sit out the game. But a couple of days later Lassiter called Smart.
“Coach, I can’t do it,” he said, according to Smart. “Sitting out over there coaching. I can’t do it. I wanna be out there playing with my guys.”

He sounds like a guy that DeMeco would want on the team. I’ve seen him mocked as early as late 1st, but mostly round 2. He could be an option to pair with Stingley.
I like him but wouldn't spend a 2nd on him.

Was this written up on Dee o coming out? No I'm not saying Corley is going to become Deebo.

I'm not sure, to be honest. My recollection is that Samuel was doing more damage on routes 10-15 yards past the LoS than Corley has shown, but I could be off.

Metchie really has disappointed, or we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I can't say I'm disappointed, as I never expected much out of him.

I’m fully prepared to see what Metchie could do with a 2nd healthy season. If the Texans draft a top flight RD1 WR….then I might put Metchie on the trade block. Could be some interest out of Carolina to give Young a familiar target.

On a side note, Texans should be getting both Noah Brown and Dalton Schultz new contracts.

Texans could still target WR- Xavier Leggett (South Carolina) and/or TE- Cade Stover (Ohio State) in the draft. If they miss out on either one, they could make a big splash in free agency if target and signed either WR- Mike Evans (TB) or TE- Hunter Henry (NE).

I'll kick off with my favorite RB in this upcoming draft, Trey Benson, Florida Seminoles.
One of the best things I note about him is his ability to move through a crowd and still make ground. Pretty fast for a 223 pound guy too with a 4:37 40 on his resume.
As it gets nearer the draft, I will compose a list of the most popular picks from this thread and mock a draft with the most popular picks at or near where Texans pick.
Then send a recommendation/copy to Carstereo...😜

As it gets nearer the draft, I will compose a list of the most popular picks from this thread and mock a draft with the most popular picks at or near where Texans pick.
Then send a recommendation/copy to Carstereo...😜

Will you share his feedback?

I like the looks of McClellan, is he coming out?

Another excellent WR to consider.
Watch him climb the ladder and make the contested catches in this vid - you'll also notice a couple of one handed catches.
  • Prototype physicality: boasts elite size, frame density, and compact mass; prime athletic build for an NFL WR.
  • Outstanding acceleration combined with exceptional foot speed and lateral twitch, especially considering his build.
  • Superb at manipulating DB blind spots; employs efficient diamond releases and robust hand techniques to separate.
  • Impressive ball skills: pairs elite timing and body control with remarkable strength at the catch point.
  • Transcendent aerial adjustments: showcases gravity-defying contortions and consistently extends beyond his frame to secure catches.
  • Threat after the catch: blends explosive agility, contact balance, and physicality to elude and overpower defensive backs.
  • Distinguished for his proactive alpha mentality; adept at contested catches thanks to a combination of instincts and sheer hand strength.
  • Multifaceted athlete: showcased his versatility playing basketball under Tom Izzo; brings that multi-sport dynamism to the gridiron.
Reminds me a little of AJ Brown but more athletic.

Last edited:
Another excellent WR to consider.
Watch him climb the ladder and make the contested catches in this vid - you'll also notice a couple of one handed catches.
  • Prototype physicality: boasts elite size, frame density, and compact mass; prime athletic build for an NFL WR.
  • Outstanding acceleration combined with exceptional foot speed and lateral twitch, especially considering his build.
  • Superb at manipulating DB blind spots; employs efficient diamond releases and robust hand techniques to separate.
  • Impressive ball skills: pairs elite timing and body control with remarkable strength at the catch point.
  • Transcendent aerial adjustments: showcases gravity-defying contortions and consistently extends beyond his frame to secure catches.
  • Threat after the catch: blends explosive agility, contact balance, and physicality to elude and overpower defensive backs.
  • Distinguished for his proactive alpha mentality; adept at contested catches thanks to a combination of instincts and sheer hand strength.
  • Multifaceted athlete: showcased his versatility playing basketball under Tom Izzo; brings that multi-sport dynamism to the gridiron.
Reminds me a little of AJ Brown but more athletic.
Love this guy, but I think he'll be long gone before the Texans pick in the mid 20's.

Love this guy, but I think he'll be long gone before the Texans pick in the mid 20's.
All we can hope for is a rush on QB's - if four get picked before we do, there may be a chance he falls. I would even back a small move up to get him - use one of our fourths as a bargaining chip.
I really like this dude, he has huge upside and will be our #1 receiver in short order.
Imagine a 3 WR set in the Red zone with Coleman, Collins and Dell?

Brooks could be an option. His ACL tear was a clean cut, so he’d be ready for camp. But my guess is he’ll be picked before our 3rd and 4th round picks. I wouldn’t spend our 2nd on him. He’s still a great player.
Fear of his ACL may have him drop, I would take him with a late 2nd depending on who else is available. He's the best RB in the draft if healthy imo

I love listening to these guys break down prospects. At the end they list Blake Fisher RT- Notre Dame and Matt Conclaves- Pitt. These are two guys that I’ll have to look into more, but they could be options for us to build up our depth since Howard got injured.

Is going to be fun watching what Carolina decides to do with first pick. Do they admit mistake and picks another QB? Trade down going to be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love listening to these guys break down prospects. At the end they list Blake Fisher RT- Notre Dame and Matt Conclaves- Pitt. These are two guys that I’ll have to look into more, but they could be options for us to build up our depth since Howard got injured.
Blake Fisher was the starting left tackle and the talk of the Town until his injury allowed Joe Alt to take over. When Fisher returned, Alt was playing too good to be replaced and Fisher became the right tackle. I don't know if it was his injury but Fisher just seemed to lose his pizzazz.

Chicago owns the pick if I am not mistaken.
That is correct and I am anticipating some interesting trades which might include 2023 starting quarterback Justin Fields. If handled correctly, the Bears could be well on their way to the playoffs in 2024. This turned out to be a really good Perfect Storm for Chicago. Not sure if they're coaching team will be there or the general manager.

I like Benson too....ALOT!! He is from my wifes Hometown, Greenville MS

This guy just might be my favorite receiver in this class - Rome Odunze, Washington.
Said to be a little "raw", so what is this guys ceiling with some professional polish?
Has good size at 6'3" and 205 pounds and a great wingspan/catch radius.
He runs excellent routes and has the knack of finding open spaces.
Is a freak athlete and has a 4:34 40 on his resume.
I'm sure CJ would love to have him as a weapon to throw to.
If he does somehow fall to the Texans, I won't be disappointed if they take him.
Most mocks seem to have him going before pick #12, but most mocks also have Texans picking 26 or 27 which seems likely the way Browns are playing.
you will get to see him tonight. This draft is very heavy with WRs and I mean "big" WRs. I like Wilson and Coleman at FSU too.

At 6'3" 250 he's probably too small, an UDFA maybe

Crazy but 6'-3, 250 is on the larger side of TEs now. I can't think of a top TE over 260, average size is prolly 245. I like Cade Stover, he's 255 and a large TE by todays standards. Damn big boys just don't eat as many cheeseburgers and chicken fried steaks as they used to.

Crazy but 6'-3, 250 is on the larger side of TEs now. I can't think of a top TE over 260, average size is prolly 245. I like Cade Stover, he's 255 and a large TE by todays standards. Damn big boys just don't eat as many cheeseburgers and chicken fried steaks as they used to.
6'3" 245 is the smallest of TE's drafted last year. 6'6 1/2" 264 the biggest. 9 1/2" the smallest hand size

Back