Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2023 TEXANS DRAFT DISCUSSION

Yup this team has been way too milquetoast under Cal and Nick. Now that Demeco is onboard and Hannah is stepping up, all the sudden we are making moves like the big boys in the league do.big bold moves. They finally took the bat off their shoulder and made serious moves to make this team relevant. I’m ecstatic! But this proves you can’t make certain people happy no matter what you do.
I had no problem accepting Stroud at #2 even though I preferred Anderson. What I wasn't in favor of and wasn't since the notion was floated on this message board was trading up to #3. I knew it would cost a lot and it did.

Being happy or not happy because of a draft is silly. Winning prompts me to feel happy. If this creates a lot of winning, I'll feel happy. If it doesn't, I'll probably revert back to feeling indifferent about the Texans until the next rebuild.

I didn't have Stroud or Levis on my 1st RD board.

05247421aa4e1006a06c9cdc7cddb3d2.jpg

I had no problem accepting Stroud at #2 even though I preferred Anderson. What I wasn't in favor of and wasn't since the notion was floated on this message board was trading up to #3. I knew it would cost a lot and it did.

Being happy or not happy because of a draft is silly. Winning prompts me to feel happy. If this creates a lot of winning, I'll feel happy. If it doesn't, I'll probably revert back to feeling indifferent about the Texans until the next rebuild.

You are the one that said you weren’t happy. If the draft is pointless to your feelings why are you here. Just watch the team in the fall and be happy or pissed then. As for me, I’m ecstatic, and nobody is killing my natural high right now lol.

The guy that is going undrafted because he is a drunk with character issues who is hated by teammates and the NFL alike? LOL

Yup ask him. See if he fesses up or if someone has to dig it out of the archives. This is the guy that says Stroud is a bust. You can’t make this stuff up, and I like Texian but man…that was out of the blue.

Seeing Van Ness go at 13 and thinking he would likely be the edge taken by Texans makes me like the swing back up for Will Anderson even more. Van Ness is nice. It would be “ok”. But Anderson is a swing for the fences and I love that.

You are the one that said you weren’t happy. If the draft is pointless to your feelings why are you here. Just watch the team in the fall and be happy or pissed then. As for me, I’m ecstatic, and nobody is killing my natural high right now lol.
I'm not going to argue with you. Enjoy the rest of your night.

Hopefully DeMeco can clean up the mess. Man I hate giving up all that draft capital.

Now, IF both these guys are all pros, then it was worth it. But we won't know that for a while so I'm just gonna stay grumbly about it until then. :)

Not feeling that trade, nothing against Anderson but he will have to perform better than a combo of players that would have been selected at 1.12, 2.33 this year and that 1st rd pick next year.
It could just as easily be said that this stands as much or more on Stroud's shoulders in that if Anderson was the #2 pick, we would have probably dropped back to get a QB. It's done, so let's just hope that it all works out.

If you can’t be happy with having both a top QB and defensive player in the draft……..then it’s most likely you were never gonna like anything Nick and co was going to do on draft night

The aggressiveness and also ending up with Anderson is more exciting to me than Stroud, who I'm hesitant about.

One of those 2 players have to pan out big time for sure. But the aggressiveness shows a new mindset. That's the best part.

Yup this team has been way too milquetoast under Cal and Nick. Now that Demeco is onboard and Hannah is stepping up, all the sudden we are making moves like the big boys in the league do.big bold moves. They finally took the bat off their shoulder and made serious moves to make this team relevant. I’m ecstatic! But this proves you can’t make certain people happy no matter what you do.
Ain’t that the damn truth!

Those complaining would be ecstatic if it was anyone other than Nick making the picks...
I've never written anything negative about Caserio.

For those of you who think those of us are ungrateful jerks because we're not jumping up and down like you are, I, and I'm sure most others are satisfied with the players picked tonight, we're just stating the Texans paid a hefty price for moving up. That's it. I don't care if you're ecstatic, and I'm certainly not trying to dump on you because you're happy. Be happy, that's great. Just don't expect all of us to feel like you do.

I've never written anything negative about Caserio.

For those of you who think those of us are ungrateful jerks because we're not jumping up and down like you are, I, and I'm sure most others are satisfied with the players picked tonight, we're just stating the Texans paid a hefty price for moving up. That's it. I don't care if you're ecstatic, and I'm certainly not trying to dump on you because you're happy. Be happy, that's great. Just don't expect all of us to feel like you do.

Banned, if you think my post was directed at you, please read the posts from the pitchfork and torches crowd.

Concerns at the cost but hoping it pans out isn't complaining. It is being cautiously optimistic.

Back