Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2023 TEXANS DRAFT DISCUSSION

Would’ve preferred to keep our 33 out of it but oh well it’s probably about expected compensation for the move. Very excited!

I actually did a mock with this trade in PFF. I traded 12, R4:104, R6:108, R6:201, and the Browns #1 for next year.

I wanted to keep my 2s and 3s, but PFF gave the trade about a 55-60% chance of being successful.

Mills tonight -

3212297d-3afe-4eec-826d-c02ba135caa0_text.gif

We paid to much. Hope he's worth it. I'm getting bad vibes about this draft, but for now, I'm just going to go with it.
Losing that first round pick next year is also giving me bad vibes. The Texans have too many needs to make this kind of move. I think it was a mistake that will reverberate for several years.

I'm warming up to the idea of being pissed off.

Losing that first round pick next year is also giving me bad vibes. The Texans have too many needs to make this kind of move. I think it was a mistake that will reverberate for several years.

I'm warming up to the idea of being pissed off.

The team got two blue chip talents at the two most important positions in football. I bet this team will be looking like it “needs” a lot less help now that they have players that are difference makers at the two most important positions.

A lot of picks and Texans overpaid by 700 points.
I like will Anderson but he’s not a great pass rusher. if we’re taking a QB at 2 then use the rest of the draft to get him weapons And protection. We now have no pick until the third round to find stroud help In a bad offensive draft.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Still have a first in 2024
We still have 2 3s, 2 early 4ths plus a 1 and 2 next year. Y’all chill. What this team needs is elite talent on rookie deals at positions that matter. This is what they did at 2 and 3. No injury CB or guard like last year. This night should help shift the course of the Texans ship. I’d look for Caserio to trade a 3 and 4 tomorrow for 2 and pick WR.

Thinking about the team needs at this point: The team STILL has two thirds and two fourths. I expect them to pair a third and fourth to get back into the second for a player that is falling. Maybe if Michael-Schmitz is still hanging around they go get their center?
Yes I expect Caserio to trade up into the second and get a player he thinks can be a plus starter whether at OL, WR, etc.

This reaks of McNair demanding the stroud pick and Demeco and Nick saying ok then we’re getting the player we want too then. Hope we’re not that Di’s functional.

This smells like a Cal Caserio compromise with DeMeco. Cal and Caserio loved them some Stroud and agreed to overpay to get Anderson for DeMeco. Cal is desperate to put some butts in seats, panicked and gave up a farm. The draft room needs an adult in the room.

Thinking about the team needs at this point: The team STILL has two thirds and two fourths. I expect them to pair a third and fourth to get back into the second for a player that is falling. Maybe if Michael-Schmitz is still hanging around they go get their center?
I really think the Texans could sit right where they are and get players that can help this team.

Yes I expect Caserio to trade up into the second and get a player he thinks can be a plus starter whether at OL, WR, etc.
I agree! I think he’ll trade up, but I’m curious as to what range he’ll go to. I’m thinking in the 50s. I don’t know how much that would cost either.

I really think the Texans could sit right where they are and get players that can help this team.
I agree. Pick a C in the 3rd if they are there. If not wait and pick Scruggs or Stromberg. There is going to be hardly any difference between a 2nd round WR and a 3rd-4th WR.

This smells like a Cal Caserio compromise with DeMeco. Cal and Caserio loved them some Stroud and agreed to overpay to get Anderson for DeMeco. Cal is desperate to put some butts in seats, panicked and gave up a farm. The draft room needs an adult in the room.
I think this was the plan all along. Here's how I see it:

Cal: Guys, we really need to nail this #2 pick.
Nick: My guys have poured over the film and the stats, and CJ Stroud is the QB for us.
DeMeco: I like Stroud. But Will Anderson can be the linchpin for my defense.
Hannah: Why can't we have both?
Cal, Nick, DeMeco: Um, OK.

It's incredible. Just glad the Texans had the guts to do it.

Yup this team has been way too milquetoast under Cal and Nick. Now that Demeco is onboard and Hannah is stepping up, all the sudden we are making moves like the big boys in the league do.big bold moves. They finally took the bat off their shoulder and made serious moves to make this team relevant. I’m ecstatic! But this proves you can’t make certain people happy no matter what you do.

next years draft will have better WR in my opinion. Center needed. Wonder what they think about TE, good draft for TE, but Schulz is great (for 1 year)
I’d love to get LaPorta, but he might be going higher than I originally thought.

Which Center do you like? JMS will go late 1st-early2nd, so I don’t think we’d be able to get him.

Back