Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Ejiro Evero

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

vtech9

All Pro
I changed my vote from Gannon to Kafka. Gannon said he is returning to Philly. I like Ryans, and I think he will be a great HC, I just don't want his first HC experience to be in Houston. I'm afraid he'll have a rough time, and end up being treated like Lovie if he doesn't succeed right away, and I don't want to see that happen. It looks like DeMeco will end up becoming the next Texans HC, and I hope he does better than most first time HC's.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I changed my vote from Gannon to Kafka. Gannon said he is returning to Philly. I like Ryans, and I think he will be a great HC, I just don't want his first HC experience to be in Houston. I'm afraid he'll have a rough time, and end up being treated like Lovie if he doesn't succeed right away, and I don't want to see that happen. It looks like DeMeco will end up becoming the next Texans HC, and I hope he does better than most first time HC's.
I think Demeco will get the same treatment and patience as Kubiak did. There will be a learning curve and I think Hannah, err, Cal knows that. I just hope they do have that patience.

Most of - I hope they give Demeco more control and say over staff and players. Which I think if he turned down Denver he will.

vtech9

All Pro
I think Demeco will get the same treatment and patience as Kubiak did. There will be a learning curve and I think Hannah, err, Cal knows that. I just hope they do have that patience.

Most of - I hope they give Demeco more control and say over staff and players. Which I think if he turned down Denver he will.
I think the McNairs will have patience, but will the fans? Houston has some very fickle fans.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
damn...you guys are dense. DeMeco is a former Texan, and a fan favorite. The others aren't. I couldn't care less what fans think of them afterward if they fail.
So that's why you don't want him to coach here? Because people like him? And you have the temerity to call others dense?

vtech9

All Pro
So that's why you don't want him to coach here? Because people like him? And you have the temerity to call others dense?
I didn't say I didn't want him to coach here. I said I don't want him to fail here, because right now, we aren't in a great situation as a team. I'd love him to be here. Since most first time HC's fail, I'd rather see him get his first experience as a HC somewhere else so he is ready to take us to the top when he does get here.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I didn't say I didn't want him to coach here. I said I don't want him to fail here, because right now, we aren't in a great situation as a team. I'd love him to be here. Since most first time HC's fail, I'd rather see him get his first experience as a HC somewhere else so he is ready to take us to the top when he does get here.
Except all coaches fail. Ryans will get a long leash here, more than any other coach would

vtech9

All Pro
Except all coaches fail. Ryans will get a long leash here, more than any other coach would
I hope so. I hope he is given the time to learn how to be a HC. I think he'll be a great HC, I just wonder if he'll be given the time he needs based on our recent history.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I hope so. I hope he is given the time to learn how to be a HC. I think he'll be a great HC, I just wonder if he'll be given the time he needs based on our recent history.
I believe I read/saw where Cal/Hannah said that because of the recent history that this next HC would have a long leash

edit: One of the first things Hannah said I believe. They know they need to change the perception of the Texans front office

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
But most guys don't get a 2nd chance. If he's going to fails here people would be like, "duh, Texans." & he's more likely to get a 2nd chance

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Lmao at the notion of not wanting this to be Ryan’s first head coaching job. But we’re ok with it being Gannon and Kafka first head coaching gig.

Please someone make that make sense. Lol
Some think the McNair's will find a way to screw this up just like they have with every other HC hire and dont want to see Ryans suffer the same fate.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Patience will be measured by the number of empty seats.
I'm hoping the fanbase shows the same amount of patience with Ryans and the new QB that they showed with the last 2 HC's and QB.

We know this wont happen. People dont like to be wrong, certainly not a fanbase that is dancing in the streets over the Ryans hire.

When you hire somebody, that part is easy, the hard part is when you have to fire them.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So easy to understand,

So hard for some to understand.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Is DeMeco better than the last four head coaches? If the answer to that is yes, then ******* hire him. The last thing we need is the Texans trying to outthink themselves again.
The real question should be is Ryans the best candidate out there?

I would say he's a good candidate, but Payton is far more proven as an NFL winner.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
He will get at least 4-5 years as would any other head coach they hire this year
You said he would get a longer leash than any other HC would get here. My question is why do you think he will get a longer leash and should he get a longer leash.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
You can make that argument about every qb out of every d-1 school. All those qbs who put up numbers at TT, none have been Mahomes. All those guys from from Cal or under Tedford, none have been Rodgers. I could go on and on and that's why you have to evaluate every prospect
..Or all of those QBs who have played for Texas, none have been Bobby Layne.
fsqauncsp5s8llib8vdf.png
:hankpalm: God I hope Arch Manning breaks the curse.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
of course he is and yet all the other teams looking for a HC skipped on him
Bill Belichick is far more proven as a NFL winner than Payton and even he wouldn't demand what Payton and the Saints tried to demand. Saints really overvalued their power level in these trade negotiation demands.

Give me the up and comer with fire in his belly. The Rocky story 😁 Demeco.

Last edited:

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Bill Belichick is far more proven as a NFL winner than Payton and even he wouldn't demand what Payton and the Saints tried to demand. Saints really overvalued their power level in these trade negotiation demands.

Give me the up and comer with fire in his belly. The Rocky story 😁 Demeco.
You see this tactic all the time - you highball because you know you're going to get lowballed.
It raises the expectations of the prospective buyer.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
You see this tactic all the time - you highball because you know you're going to get lowballed.
It raises the expectations of the prospective buyer.
Yep and when you set the asking price too high the bottom falls out and the market disappears. The Saints wanted the Raiders package.. Jon Gruden was Todd McVay (before finally breaking through for a SB win) back then..

Sean Payton is about to be 60 and already retired once.. Saints should've came into negotiations with a much lower asking price.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Saint
Yep and when you set the asking price too high the bottom falls out and the market disappears. The Saints wanted the Raiders package.. Jon Gruden was Todd McVay (before finally breaking through for a SB win) back then..

Sean Payton is about to be 60 and already retired once.. Saints should've came into negotiations with a much lower asking price.
Saints may have felt the temperature was high enough to warrant their asking price.
It doesn't hurt to try and then if you get a nibble, you can lower the price if it is too rich for the buyer. It's called negotiating.

Generic Fan

He's just this guy, you know?
The real question should be is Ryans the best candidate out there?

I would say he's a good candidate, but Payton is far more proven as an NFL winner.
Payton had Drew Brees. I think Payton is a good coach, but his asking price would be much lower if he didn't have a hall of fame QB the whole time he coached the Saints.