Votes: 14 13.0%
  • Ben Johnson

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Ejiro Evero

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
Texans could stand pat, 33rd overall, but realize this, if Texans have not selected QB in first, other teams who need one too will jump Caserio to select their possible targeted QB (Jake Haener, Aidan O'Connell).

Those guys probably wont go until the 3rd rd or later.

Aiden O'Connell's stocks have risen dramatically over the last few weeks. Early on, he was possibly going undrafted but now could go high in the third.
Just shows how valuable the QB position is.

I like him alot.

If he was a pick at 3-64 I would be on board.

I think that's where Texans would have to take him but other teams might jump us if we haven't taken one yet and they also have their eyes on him. Might have to sacrifice #101 and move up.

I think he will be there at 3-73, but wouldn't be willing to risk it, so I would pick him at 3-64.

What about all the games when Carter was a non factor?
Anytime a DT demands a double team throughout the entire game, he immediately becomes an enormous factor. He has virtually created 11 players vs 10 players. A good DC will exploit the mismatch and expose and abuse an offense that is playing at a less than 1-on-1 matchup. That is a distinct advantage for the defense. 17 different Georgia Bulldogs were able to get a sack because of Jalen Carter. The Georgia Defense was a top Defense in college, a large part to Jalen Carter.

Last edited:
I liked Burrow a lot coming out of college.

Getting Chase was huge for the Bengals/Burrow. I thought they should've picked Sewell. I was way wrong.
How’d they build that defense? People’s get enamored with the offense, rightfully so. But the defense is doing its part

Ideally if you trade down this year you want to accomplish two things. 1.) get as many picks in the top 100 as possible. 2.) get a next years first. Three first round picks would of gotten you in range to draft any of the bolded QBs.
I hear you. I understand. But butts get puckered around here when you start talking about trading up.

To me, that's an emphatic No.

But then again, I was much higher on Mahomes than just about anyone.
Bryce Young does not have Mahomes' generational arm talent. I can count on one hand QBs that have had that. But Young does have Mahomes innate ability to evade the rush. And he reads defenses much better than Mahomes did out of college.
I’m not a draft guy, I don’t watch CFB. I asked to help me get an idea how Young should be evaluated.

All things being equal if no one thought Mahomes or Watson was top 5 pick material it’s hard for me to see Young as a top 5 pick.

I understand the other players available has an affect on a particular draft. I do.

Still. I can’t see Young being the best, or the 2nd best prospect in this draft

I like the kid a lot. I would love it if the Texans we’re able to snatch him at 3.64 but I don’t see him still being on the board past the middle of the 2nd round.
Once all these bowls and the pyjama Olympics are over, you can bet he will be in the second round - too many teams need QBs.

Dont worry about the Caserio/Ryans relationship. Last yr proved Caserio can draft the players the HC wants.
I think last year proved Caserio can fool people into not believing their lying eyes. Neither Stingly or Pitre are Tampa Two DBs. But he’s got people believing Lovie picked them.

I think he was drafting past Lovie. Stingley & Pitre are perfect for a Gannon or Saleh/Ryan’s defense

I think last year proved Caserio can fool people into not believing their lying eyes. Neither Stingly or Pitre are Tampa Two DBs. But he’s got people believing Lovie picked them.

I think he was drafting past Lovie. Stingley & Pitre are perfect for a Gannon or Saleh/Ryan’s defense
In the PC after RD 1 Caserio said that Lovie's coaches debated the pick right up until Texans were on the clock and had the pick gone the other way Lovie would've been fine with it.

So DeMeco will likely be bring in a WCO. The question to be asked is, which of the three top QB's best fit this system? My vote goes to Young.
smh

look at my avatar.

Pep is our OC in 2023. Demeco is going to fix the defense. The offense is going to “gel” a 2nd season with Pep. If it doesn’t work out Nick is going to order Demeco to fire the OC & replace him with whoever he wants.

I hear you. I understand. But butts get puckered around here when you start talking about trading up.
Rightly so considering what they traded up for the last 2 years. Using 8 current draft picks and 2 future draft picks to draft 5 players does not instill a lot of confidence. Shows panic, lack of patience and FOMO in their decision making.

And i would say this is a rare opportunity to turn one pick into multiple high picks and future picks For a team with arguably the lowest talent level in the entire league.
I don't think this is arguable at all. We had Chris Moore as WR1 for like 3 games this season, easily the worst LB core in the NFL, a bad DL and probably the worst middle interior OL in the NFL. The only area the Texans didn't totally suck as a collective group was the secondary, as Steven Nelson/King/Pitre/Stingley (when healthy) form a decent core. And I guess ST was ok - Fairbairn had a very good season.

Atleast you're thinking.

Say Ryans wants Anderson at 1-2 and Cal's on board with the pick. Do you think Caserio will go against Ryans wishes?

Caserio was neutered the day Cal picked Lovie over Gannon's wishes for Gannon. Everything is on Cal and Ryans now, I look for Caserio's remaining time down on Kirby to be a short one.

How’d they build that defense? People’s get enamored with the offense, rightfully so. But the defense is doing its part
Mainly through FA, which is what I hope Ryans does.

Offense = draft
Defense = FA

For the most part.

My offseaon would look like this

FA Defense

Ebukan- DE
Ward- S
Shaair- lb
Street- D
Bradbury-C

OFFENSE

WR- SPEED
TE
RB- SPEED
OC/OG
NT

I can tell you who the guys I want are after the Sr. Bowl/Combine.

Say Ryans wants Anderson at 1-2 and Cal's on board with the pick. Do you think Caserio will go against Ryans wishes?
I think the GM sets the roster with good players. The HC adds input to define “good players”

Caserio will present his game plan to the McNairs & the HC. They’ll discuss it & Caserio will adjust his game plan accordingly.

Just like the HC presents his game plan to the McNairs & the GM every week. The HC executes his plan. The GM does not tell him what plays to call

I'd trade out of 1.2, not back more than 3-6 spots, and get as much as I can, hopefully at least an additional 1, then take in the 3-8 spot, Levis, Richarson, Hooker or Ward, whoever the new OC likes and sit that player and start Mills until that player is ready. If Mills is smokin' it, thats a good problem to have.

If we really want DeMeco as our next HC, should we be rooting for Philly today so we can celebrate our new HC next week? Or do we want the 49er defense to dominate and then wait another two weeks?

Decisions, decisions. Need more coffee on a dark, wet Sunday morning.
I vote I want them to lose. Hopefully it will be a learning experience and pushes him that much harder to get US there snd push US to victory when we are there.

Don't care what happiness he adds to the 49ers universe at all.

How do you know there's no Joe Burrow in this draft? Burrow had just 1 season in college where he looked like a halfway decent QB.
What the f are you talking about?

College stats (2015-17, Ohio State; 2018-19 LSU): 619-of-896 (69.1 percent); 8,389 passing yards, 73 TDs, 11 INTs; 763 yards rushing, 12 TDs
Best season (2019): 402-of-527 (76.3 percent), 5,671 yards, 60 TDs, 6 INTs
6COMMENTS
Awards: Heisman Trophy (2019); Maxwell Award (2019); Walter Camp Award (2019); Associated Press College Football Player of the Year (2019); Sporting News Player of the Year (2019); Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award (2019); Davey O'Brien Award (2019); Unanimous All-American (2019); SEC Offensive Player of the Year (2019); First Team All-SEC (2019)
Career record: 25-3
The skinny: Without question, Burrow's 2019 campaign is the decade's best and arguably the greatest single-season ever at the position. Nothing like a fresh start, right? After failing to win the job at Ohio State and transferring to LSU, Burrow's star shined brighter than any player nationally last season due in part to the arrival of Joe Brady and the emergence of several top-flight pass-catchers. Burrow managed the single-most impressive outing ever in a College Football Playoff game after throwing seven touchdown passes in the first half vs. Oklahoma. He followed that up with MVP honors with a scintillating performance against Clemson in the final — a special ending to a tremendous season

What the f are you talking about?

College stats (2015-17, Ohio State; 2018-19 LSU): 619-of-896 (69.1 percent); 8,389 passing yards, 73 TDs, 11 INTs; 763 yards rushing, 12 TDs
Best season (2019): 402-of-527 (76.3 percent), 5,671 yards, 60 TDs, 6 INTs
6COMMENTS
Awards: Heisman Trophy (2019); Maxwell Award (2019); Walter Camp Award (2019); Associated Press College Football Player of the Year (2019); Sporting News Player of the Year (2019); Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award (2019); Davey O'Brien Award (2019); Unanimous All-American (2019); SEC Offensive Player of the Year (2019); First Team All-SEC (2019)
Career record: 25-3
The skinny: Without question, Burrow's 2019 campaign is the decade's best and arguably the greatest single-season ever at the position. Nothing like a fresh start, right? After failing to win the job at Ohio State and transferring to LSU, Burrow's star shined brighter than any player nationally last season due in part to the arrival of Joe Brady and the emergence of several top-flight pass-catchers. Burrow managed the single-most impressive outing ever in a College Football Playoff game after throwing seven touchdown passes in the first half vs. Oklahoma. He followed that up with MVP honors with a scintillating performance against Clemson in the final — a special ending to a tremendous season

First of all, he threw 39 passes at OSU. In ‘18 he completed 57.8% of his passes with 16 TD, 5 INT. Pretty pedestrian at that point.

‘19 is where he had the breakout year, so just ONE year where he wasn’t some average dude.

I think the GM sets the roster with good players. The HC adds input to define “good players”

Caserio will present his game plan to the McNairs & the HC. They’ll discuss it & Caserio will adjust his game plan accordingly.

Just like the HC presents his game plan to the McNairs & the GM every week. The HC executes his plan. The GM does not tell him what plays to call

Do you think the the McNair's value Caserio's opinions? The past HC searches says the do not. So this rebuild is going to be totally what Ryans wants. Caserio is little more than the McNair's/Ryans well paid errand boy/day to day operations manager/taking the heat if this fails by losing his job. What his thoughts are, are of little value to any of the Texans hierarchy.

Do you think the the McNair's value Caserio's opinions?
I think they gave him every opportunity to prove he could do something he’s never done. Both times he’s shown to be out of his depth.
The past HC searches says the do not
I agree they stepped in this last time to save him from himself.

I also think they understand they put him in a tough situation with the parameters they gave him to work with.

So far it looks like their trust has been paying off. I like what Caserio has done in the search so far.

Remember I never thought Gannon was Caserio’s choice last season. More of a last man standing kind of thing

Back