Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2022 draft eligible QBs - General Discussion

There's not much game tape on Willis to properly judge him.
He runs around a bit too much at that level of competition.
If you don't like Watson's style of play, how can you want him as your QB?

With Pickett, there's plenty of tapes where you can view the whole field so you can tell what/how he saw/read the defense.
If you like Peterman, why wouldn't you want Pickett as your QB?
I watched 4 or 5 games of with Willis this year. Each time I came away with a feeling of OK, that's why he transferred from Auburn. That's not really a good thing if you can't beat out Bo Nix. Against Ole Miss Willis was dreadful.

I watched 4 or 5 games of with Willis this year. Each time I came away with a feeling of OK, that's why he transferred from Auburn. That's not really a good thing if you can't beat out Bo Nix. Against Ole Miss Willis was dreadful.
This is why this year's QB class is considered poor - if Willis is considered the best, it doesn't say much about the rest.
Btw, I looked at Walker's arm length - they are freakishly long at 35 1/2". Long arms are generally accepted as a yardstick for success in a DL - much the same for the OL.
JJs are 34".

Willis simply doesn't have enough of game tapes against decent/quality opponents to judge.

He might be closer to a Lamar Jackson for all we know.

With Lamar, I was able to watch him progress little by little each year he was in college.
Even though I don't prefer his style of play, I thought that with the recent changes in the pros (rules that protect the QB and favor the offense), I had said that if an NFL team is willing to tailor the offense to his skill set, they could have a certain degree of success.
They don't need top receivers, top RBs so they can dedicate their resources to build the defense.

The only trouble is the NFL is such an entertainment business nowadays, besides their cooperation with the betting houses, it's difficult to say what type of QB play (in conjunction with what level of defense) a team needs to be in contention year in and year out.

The betting, especially, is really screwing the game , IMHO.

Well, you like Carson Strong in the middle of the first round of he doesn't have the possibility of some lingering injury issue, right?
Would you take Matt at 13?

No, I really dont like any of these QB's in the 1st rd.

If I'm a team like Carolina and Corral fell to 37 I would trade a guy DJ Moore and a 2023 3rd for #37.

Willis simply doesn't have enough of game tapes against decent/quality opponents to judge.

He might be closer to a Lamar Jackson for all we know.

With Lamar, I was able to watch him progress little by little each year he was in college.
Even though I don't prefer his style of play, I thought that with the recent changes in the pros (rules that protect the QB and favor the offense), I had said that if an NFL team is willing to tailor the offense to his skill set, they could have a certain degree of success.
They don't need top receivers, top RBs so they can dedicate their resources to build the defense.

The only trouble is the NFL is such an entertainment business nowadays, besides their cooperation with the betting houses, it's difficult to say what type of QB play (in conjunction with what level of defense) a team needs to be in contention year in and year out.

The betting, especially, is really screwing the game , IMHO.

If you were the Ravens would you pick Willis in the 1st Rd. You would have similar type QB's and leverage in a LJ contract dispute.

Joe Flacco transferred, so did Burrow. Maybe the coach felt better about Nix than Willis. I can't say that should tell you something. Again, I don't know where he will go, but he has has a great skillset and thats what get qbs drafted high. I've used the analogy with Allen. Go look at his last 2 seasons and you will see the same issues, but you also see the wow factor.

If there would you pick Willis?
Probably not. LJ has proven to be a dynamic player, mvp player. Those guys at qb don't grow on trees. I think they're going to ride the LJ train until the wheels come off. He's a better passer than when he entered, he has a direct effect on the run game, and he helps your defense by top. I would draft a guy like Watson in the 2nd just to stretch the field.

Probably not. LJ has proven to be a dynamic player, mvp player. Those guys at qb don't grow on trees. I think they're going to ride the LJ train until the wheels come off. He's a better passer than when he entered, he has a direct effect on the run game, and he helps your defense by top. I would draft a guy like Watson in the 2nd just to stretch the field.

You dont like Huntley?

With LJ's style he's likely to get hurt again like he did last yr. Are you satisfied with Huntley as a replacement?
You've asked me this before. Huntley wasn't the reason they didn't make the playoffs. There wasn't a team in the history of the nfl that could've lost their entire backfield before the season and all their dbs that early and still be in it. LJ didn't get hurt from impact hits, he got hurt because he's a quick twitch athlete. Its the train Ravens are on until they see fit

You've asked me this before. Huntley wasn't the reason they didn't make the playoffs. There wasn't a team in the history of the nfl that could've lost their entire backfield before the season and all their dbs that early and still be in it. LJ didn't get hurt from impact hits, he got hurt because he's a quick twitch athlete. Its the train Ravens are on until they see fit
So you think you can win with Huntley?

So you think you can win with Huntley?
In my opinion, if all if they would've have suffered all the injuries and Huntley was qb, they would've made the playoffs with Huntley playing when Jackson was out. They wouldn't have been as good as they would with Jackson, but they would've made the playoffs. Go back and watch the games in which Huntley played for Jackson.

In my opinion, if all if they would've have suffered all the injuries and Huntley was qb, they would've made the playoffs with Huntley playing when Jackson was out. They wouldn't have been as good as they would with Jackson, but they would've made the playoffs. Go back and watch the games in which Huntley played for Jackson.

So. Your final answer is yes?

Would you take Matt at 13?
I would. He comes with GREAT value and playing in Lane Kiffins's 8 sec offense he has a good mental processor. Rebels would've won only half as many games without Corral (maybe less). And if you want to trade him later you could get more value in the return. The Texans don't really have a good answer for Mills ending up on the season ending IR.

A pre-qualifcation for QBs should be a stint as a short order cook at a Waffle House on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Having to cook 15 - 20 different breakfast at a time for 4 or 5 hours straight is a good QB drill for quickly processing information. If they can pass the WH test they've the mental capacity to be a good QB in the NFL. Now if only we could get Waffle House cooks to throw a football 60 yards.

Last edited:
I think the argument was @76Texan was claiming legalize betting and being in cahoots with NFL was skewing the game.
I realize that. And it was ridiculous, as I pointed out. Betting is betting, and legalized betting is preferable to the alternative.

I realize that. And it was ridiculous, as I pointed out. Betting is betting, and legalized betting is preferable to the alternative.
We'll see. The argument on your side is legallized betting on sports has been ongoing in Europe for over 60 years with no major controversies so far. .

The argument on your side is...
My argument was that betting never has had an influence on the game as it is played. It may have influenced particular games in the shady days of the past. But that wasn't what @76Texan was arguing.

There's been betting on football since Harvard played Yale prior to the forward pass.
What I really mean is that the betting has been growing bigger and bigger.

It used to be both legal and illegal betting without anybody knowing for sure how much each side raked in.

But with online gambling, NFL betting now has a much further reach overseas.
Also, there's less of a need for bettors to do it illegally.

A larger stake is now controlled by fewer while the dollar amount rises through the roof.

If there was a Pete Rose more than 30 years ago, in a sport where betting was nowhere as big as the NFL, what's there to guarantee that the betting nowadays is clean?

I like the JT O'Sullivan videos because he show the route and all 22. I'm going to start posting videos. I think he's fair and objective. No matter his level, he was an pro qb's

i want to see him do JT Daniels
he doesn't have a canon, and though i've only watched him in a handful of games, he seems hyper aware pre-snap

he's now on his 3rd stop (USC, Georgia & now W. Virginia)
i thought he was really good @ Georgia
& watched his 1st game w/the Mountaineers...it's like you can see his brain working when he's at the line of scrimmage

i'd be interested to hear critiques of his game from board members who know the game better
could this guy be a smart later round pick?

Daniels was the starting quarterback to begin this season, then sat out one game with an oblique injury, started two more games, then went out with a lat muscle injury. Bennett started in his place and has kept the job, despite Daniels being 7-0 as Georgia’s starter over the past two seasons.

Back