Cameron Dantzler Mississippi State

S
Xaiver McKinney Alabama
Grant Delpit LSU
Antoine Winfield Minnesota
Kyle Dugger Lenoir Rhyne
Ashtyn Davis California
Jeremy Chinn Southern Illinois

The Houston Texans are now on the clock at pick 3.90 until 8 PM, 4/8/20.

Willie Gay: outstanding athlete at LB who would allow the Texans to move on from McKinney should they choose to as soon as next season.

Willie Gay: outstanding athlete at LB who would allow the Texans to move on from McKinney should they choose to as soon as next season.

I like him alot and considered him. He's got the speed to cover and lays the lumber. He hasn't played much and is very raw. 3rd Rd is a little too rich for my blood.

From what I saw Bruglers report was pretty spot on.

I have been pretty frustrated with the way Texans have been handling all these personnel changes.
We seem to be getting the short end of the stick on these trades and are not hanging on to good players so I have lost a lot of interest in the team.
It has come back a little but only because I love the draft but even the gloss has gone off that with no first round pick.
Guess I'll just hang around and see what happens.:kitten::thinking::forrest:

I think most posters here share your sentiments. But this exercise is a relief from the lock down boredom.

:coffee:

I like him alot and considered him. He's got the speed to cover and lays the lumber. He hasn't played much and is very raw. 3rd Rd is a little too rich for my blood.

From what I saw Bruglers report was pretty spot on.
I was torn between Gay and Robertson. I know you like him too. I thought it more likely that Amik would be available at pick 111 given his size and the level of competition versus Gay who is more of a prototype and played SEC ball. We are approaching the point in the draft where I change course and go offensive depth so these first few picks (outside of Claypool whose value I love at pick 90 but we selected at 57) are the extent of my draft for the defense.

Last edited:
I was torn between Gay and Robertson. I know you like him too. I thought it more likely that Amik would be available at pick 111 given his size and the level of competition versus Gay who is more of a prototype and played SEC ball. We are approaching the point in the draft where I change course and go offensive depth so these first few picks (outside of Claypool whose value I love at pick 90 but we selected at 57) are the extent of my draft for the defense.

We are thinking along the same lines.

Robertson will be my guy at 111 if he's there. Provided Gay/Hamilton are gone. After seeing how badly the secondary has needed depth after the injuries I'm all about adding quality depth to the CB position. Robertson is a great player and well worth pick 111 from a talent level standpoint. Give me talent over need (Although CB is a huge need.) any day.

This guy is a ball of clay waiting to be molded. But this pick is too early for him with talent like Hamilton/Gay Robertson still on the board.

Guys that can start day 1.

Wanted Oline here. Building block.

Would have taken LB Josh Ughe here but he was selected earlier as EDGE?

Last edited:
JAMES LYNCH
BAYLOR
DE
This was my 2nd choice.

I went with the more athleticly gifted guy in Elliot.
Hey guys if you two were interested in James Lynch at 2.57 and he is now available at 3.90 why are you not going with him? I am huge fan of Reggie Robinson but both edge DE and CB are prime need but difficult to start day one this roster. I do think Robinson would have greater chance beating out Lonnie or Conley than Lynch starting day one. NFL.com Zierlein rates Lynch 6.14 to Robinson 5.80; both have great stats though Lynch at Baylor may have played against better opponents than RR at Tulsa. I love both guys and wish we could take them. Please explain why you go corner over a guy who may compare with JJ Watt rookie.

Last edited:
Hey guys if you two were interested in James Lynch at 2.57 and he is now available at 3.90 why are you not going with him? I am huge fan of Reggie Robinson but both edge DE and CB are prime need but difficult to start day one this roster. I do think Robinson would have greater chance beating out Lonnie or Conley than Lynch starting day one. NFL.com Zierlein rates Baker 6.14 to Robinson 5.80; both have great stats though Lynch at Baylor may have played against better opponents than RR at Tulsa. I love both guys and wish we could take them. Please explain why you go corner over a guy who may compare with JJ Watt rookie.

I'm a huge Lynch fan and would take him in the 3rd or 4th round. He is not close athletically to JJ Watt and has short arms. I highly doubt the Texans take him at all since they value Length and measurable. I doubt they take Amik Robertson either for the same reason.

3.90 Troy Pride CB ND.
Hard to believe he will be on the board at this point.

Last edited:
3.90 Troy Pride CB ND.
Hard to believe he will be on the board at this point.
Really enjoyed watching Pride play but the weakness that seems to bother evaluators is his struggles at contact point of the pass. He allowed four TDs which hurts and while his combine was good he only has 13 X 225. Here is Zierlein's NFL.com negatives.

Pride's height, weight, speed and athleticism are all pro-ready, but there is a lack of confidence and consistency that prevents him from reaching his athletic potential. Despite the track speed, he struggles to stay in phase with intermediate and deep routes and gets lost with his back to the ball. He needs to be paired with a scheme that allows him to play more off-man and zone so he can keep the game in front of him and use his burst to close coming downhill. Pride has pro traits, but he also has NFL-backup tape.

• Very modest career ball production relative to traits
  • Disappointing competitiveness challenging end-zone throws
  • Doesn't meet receivers at the high-point
  • Allowed four touchdowns in 2019 and all came too easily
  • Allows too much operation space on 50/50 balls
  • Loses route phase and positioning
  • Allows himself to get stacked vertically
  • Panicked and grabby with his back to the football
  • Too much ankle biting as tackler
  • Won't bolster your run support

I'm a huge Lynch fan and would take him in the 3rd or 4th round. He is not close athletically to JJ Watt and has short arms. I highly doubt the Texans take him at all since they value Length and measurable. I doubt they take Amik Robertson either for the same reason.
He doesn't compare to Watt athletically looking back but he definitely gets to QB 13.5 sacks and 13 QB hurries and that is what edge rushers suppose to do.

Guess whose combine analysis?
WEAKNESSES
Won't consistently get the edge on tackles with his get off or quickness. Plays high at times, can be blown off the ball by the double team, but does fight hard to hold ground. Lacks some lateral mobility both rushing the passer and playing in space. Will occasionally give up outside contain.

Hey guys if you two were interested in James Lynch at 2.57 and he is now available at 3.90 why are you not going with him? I am huge fan of Reggie Robinson but both edge DE and CB are prime need but difficult to start day one this roster. I do think Robinson would have greater chance beating out Lonnie or Conley than Lynch starting day one. NFL.com Zierlein rates Baker 6.14 to Robinson 5.80; both have great stats though Lynch at Baylor may have played against better opponents than RR at Tulsa. I love both guys and wish we could take them. Please explain why you go corner over a guy who may compare with JJ Watt rookie.

Baker?

Sorry to see so few posters participating. Is it a lack of interest in draft or way it will be held or loss of interest in Texans?

I lost interest in the Texans, which led me to lose interest in the draft. Maybe it'll come back in a year or five... maybe it won't.

I decided to check in on the board after a neighbor tried to talk football to me- glad to see some of the old guard still active. That said, in general, this part of TT looks pretty bare compared to a couple years ago.

He doesn't compare to Watt athletically looking back but he definitely gets to QB 13.5 sacks and 13 QB hurries and that is what edge rushers suppose to do.

Guess whose combine analysis?

I've seen every game Lynch has ever played. I loved him as a College player but he is no where near as Long or athletic as JJ Watt.

I lost interest in the Texans, which led me to lose interest in the draft. Maybe it'll come back in a year or five... maybe it won't.

I decided to check in on the board after a neighbor tried to talk football to me- glad to see some of the old guard still active. That said, in general, this part of TT looks pretty bare compared to a couple years ago.
Hey 65! Welcome back Amigo. Miss researching and discussing with you. Hope you are well? Yeah, it's not like old days but I am an old day myself so keep plugging. We picked up two starters in draft with Scharpie and Howard & Hyde and Fells were cheap pluses so I'm going to stay positive.. until after draft. If we can get a similar one season return from David Johnson as we did Carlos Hyde it will make me feel better about losing Hop; not much but some. You able to watch much college ball?

I've seen every game Lynch has ever played. I loved him as a College player but he is no where near as Long or athletic as JJ Watt.
or Watt's speed/quick. I've already agreed with you but Lynch isn't a 1.11 pick either. You should be aware that many analysts compare college players to NFL veterans; doesn't make them equal. Lynch reminds me of JJ with his motor, play and skill sets as well as size.

or Watt's speed/quick. I've already agreed with you but Lynch isn't a 1.11 pick either. You should be aware that many analysts compare college players to NFL veterans; doesn't make them equal. Lynch reminds me of JJ with his motor, play and skill sets as well as size.

Lynch has all of the intangibles that JJ has for sure! He's a coaches wet dream honestly, but teams are so focused on Measurable and Length right now. His rookie year he would be a great interior rusher in sub packages.

Lynch has all of the intangibles that JJ has for sure! He's a coaches wet dream honestly, but teams are so focused on Measurable and Length right now. His rookie year he would be a great interior rusher in sub packages.
So with just over one hour on clock, whom are you going with?

I don’t know these guys & don’t have the time to get up to speed. But I’ll be following & looking up the guys y’all mention.
Same. I intended on getting up to speed on some of the prospects but never had time. My interest in college football has been lessening over the last few years. Don’t know why but it has.

Hey guys if you two were interested in James Lynch at 2.57 and he is now available at 3.90 why are you not going with him? I am huge fan of Reggie Robinson but both edge DE and CB are prime need but difficult to start day one this roster. I do think Robinson would have greater chance beating out Lonnie or Conley than Lynch starting day one. NFL.com Zierlein rates Lynch 6.14 to Robinson 5.80; both have great stats though Lynch at Baylor may have played against better opponents than RR at Tulsa. I love both guys and wish we could take them. Please explain why you go corner over a guy who may compare with JJ Watt rookie.

Guess I don't understand this type of draft. Why would I use another slot to draft the same guy twice? Educate me so I'll know next time.
Benefit from hindsight?

The group selected Chris Claypool at 2.57. Lynch remained on the board at 3.90. So if you liked Lynch at 2.57, why wouldn't you like him even more at 3.90?

I had already selected a WR @ 40.

Only hindsight would tell me that Lynch would last till #90.

Reggie Robinson - (3) @JB , @steelbtexan, @badboy
Willie Gay - (1) @Childress79
Alton Robinson - (1) @OptimisticTexan
Alex Taylor - (1) @cuppacoffee
James Lynch - (1) @Wolf12339
Troy Pride - (1) @Texansphan

Reggie Robinson - CB, Tulsa is the pick at 3.90

See Texans draft results here

These players are off the board prior to the Texans pick at 4.111

QB
Joe Burrow LSU
Tua Tagovailoa Alabama
Justin Herbert Oregon
Jordan Love Utah State
Jacob Eason Washington
Jake Fromm Georgia
Jalen Hurts Oklahoma

RB
D'Andre Swift Georgia
Jonathan Taylor Wisconsin
J.K. Dobbins Ohio State
Clyde Edwards-Helaire LSU
Cam Akers Florida State
Zack Moss Utah

WR
Jerry Jeudy Alabama
CeeDee Lamb Oklahoma
Henry Ruggs Alabama
Justin Jefferson LSU
Tee Higgins Clemson
Denzel Mims Baylor
Brandon Aiyuk Arizona State
Laviska Shenault Colorado
K.J. Hamler Penn State
Jalen Reagor Baylor
Chase Claypool Notre Dame
Michael Pittman Jr. USC
Bryan Edwards South Carolina
Devin Duvernay Texas
Donovan Peoples-Jones Michigan
Lynn Bowden Kentucky
Antonio Gandy-Golden Liberty

TE
Cole Kmet Notre Dame
Adam Trautman Dayton
Hunter Bryant Washington
Harrison Bryant Florida Atlantic
Albert Okwuegbunam Missouri
Brycen Hopkins Purdue

OT
Jedrick Wills Alabama
Tristan Wirfs Iowa
Mekhi Becton Louisville
Andrew Thomas Georgia
Austin Jackson USC
Josh Jones Houston
Isaiah Wilson Georgia
Ezra Cleveland Boise State
Prince Tega Wanogho Auburn
Lucas Niang TCU
Ben Bartch Saint John's
Matt Peart UConn

IOL
Cesar Ruiz Michigan
Lloyd Cushenberry LSU
John Simpson Clemson
Tyler Biadasz Wisconsin
Robert Hunt Louisiana Lafayette
Matt Hennessy Temple
Damien Lewis LSU
Ben Bredeson Michigan

EDGE
Chase Young Ohio State
K'Lavon Chaisson LSU
Yetur Gross-Matos Penn State
A.J. Epenesa Iowa
Terrell Lewis Alabama
Julian Okwara Notre Dame
Josh Uche Michigan
Curtis Weaver Boise State
Jonathan Greenard Florida
Jabari Zuniga Florida
Khalid Kareem Notre Dame
Darrell Taylor Tennessee
Anfernee Jennings Alabama
Alton Robinson Syracuse

DL
Derrick Brown Auburn
Javon Kinlaw South Carolina
Marlon Davidson Auburn
Ross Blacklock TCU
Neville Gallimore Oklahoma
Justin Madubuike Texas A&M
Jordan Elliott Missouri
Raekwon Davis Alabama
James Lynch Baylor
Leki Fotu Utah
Jason Strowbridge North Carolina

LB
Isaiah Simmons Clemson
Patrick Queen LSU
Kenneth Murray Oklahoma
Zack Baun Wisconsin
Malik Harrison Ohio State
Akeem Davis-Gaither Appalachian State
Logan Wilson Wyoming
Jordyn Brooks Texas Tech

CB
Jeffrey Okudah Ohio State
CJ Henderson Florida
Trevon Diggs Alabama
A.J. Terrell Clemson
Kristian Fulton LSU
Jeff Gladney TCU
Jaylon Johnson Utah
Damon Arnette Ohio State
Noah Igbinoghene Auburn
Bryce Hall Virginia
Cameron Dantzler Mississippi State
Reggie Robinson Tulsa
Amik Robertson Louisiana Tech

S
Xaiver McKinney Alabama
Grant Delpit LSU
Antoine Winfield Minnesota
Kyle Dugger Lenoir Rhyne
Ashtyn Davis California
Jeremy Chinn Southern Illinois
Terrell Burgess Utah
Brandon Jones Texas

The Houston Texans are now on the clock at pick 4.111 until 8 PM, 4/9/20.

Guess I don't understand this type of draft. Why would I use another slot to draft the same guy twice? Educate me so I'll know next time.
Benefit from hindsight?

Sounds like you're setting up your players in a separate mock from this one? If your player is not choice on this mock, you can use him later if not selected on Lucky's blind mock.

You answered your own question.

You're right though.

But I want more talent in the secondary. Withing the end of the last 2 yrs of CB play at the end of the season makes me want to load up on secondary guys. They addressed the S position in FA and hopefully they address the CB position in the draft.

What I really hope is they draft 1 really good CB prospect like RR III or Robertson and sign Logan Ryan in FA after the draft. If that happened I would be totally on board with picking Lynch at 90. How did Ryan look last yr? Is he a good CB3 or CB4?

Sounds like you're setting up your players in a separate mock from this one? If your player is not choice on this mock, you can use him later if not selected on Lucky's blind mock.

Guess I am really confused.
I'll leave you guys to it.

You can make a pick each round all independent of each other. Just choose from available picks each round

I thought that was what I was doing.

My guess is that a "blind" mock differs from a "regular" mock. And I am too dumb to figure it out. Sorry guys.

Last edited:
I thought that was what I was doing.

My guess is that a "blind" mock differs from a "regular" mock. And I am too dumb to figure it out. Sorry guys.

:coffee;

The blind part refers to not knowing what other teams are doing until after the fact

Guess I am really confused.
I'll leave you guys to it.

You're not confused, somebody just asked if WE like a guy at 57 why wouldn't we like him at 90. I explained my thinking.

I enjoy your perspective and want to see your thoughts on picks going forward. I like the debate between us on prospects. For instance my mind was changed on Claypool after seeing others posts about him.

Keep the picks and more importantly the critiques coming. I like learning.

With pick 111 give me Gay

Last edited:
Without giving your choice how about listing some players you think we should look at? Edge OLB, WR and corner in the fold I'm interested in power RB with speed and stats. I like AJ Dillon over Zach Moss. We need an OT/CENTER/OG that can take over RG sooner than later. Will Dillon last to the fifth round?

Without giving your choice how about listing some players you think we should look at? Edge OLB, WR and corner in the fold I'm interested in power RB with speed and stats. I like AJ Dillon over Zach Moss. We need an OT/CENTER/OG that can take over RG sooner than later. Will Dillon last to the fifth round?
Are you speaking to me? That would take the blind part out. I will remind everyone that the Texans will not pick again until 5.171. 59 players go off the board until the Texans pick again. A lot of them very good players. You have to ask yourself here, who is the player the Texans that can impact the team the most over the next four seasons.

Reactions: JB
Maybe this time it'll go my way: Willie Gay.

Willie Gay Jr.

I'm on the clock now offering a 5th and a 7th and a 2021 4th to move back into the 4th and I'm picking Hamilton.

Then give me a guy like Cleveland that can help out on ST'[s while he's learning to play WR. Bring Cleveland home.

Give me a draft of

2. Lewis
2. Claypool
3. RR III
4. Gay
4. Hamilton
5. Cleveland and I'm very happy with this draft.

Last edited:
Are you speaking to me? That would take the blind part out. I will remind everyone that the Texans will not pick again until 5.171. 59 players go off the board until the Texans pick again. A lot of them very good players. You have to ask yourself here, who is the player the Texans that can impact the team the most over the next four seasons.

That's why I love the blind part of this draft.

I dont know where you get your board but this mock is very realistic.

actually anyone can suggest players that remain in play. I trust you to not violate your knowledge of info.

Willie Gay Jr.

I'm on the clock now offering a 5th and a 7th and a 2021 4th to move back into the 4th and I'm picking Hamilton.

Then give me a guy like Cleveland that can help out on ST'[s while he's learning to play WR. Bring Cleveland home.

Give me a draft of

2. Lewis
2. Claypool
3. RR III
4. Gay
4. Hamilton
5. Cleveland and I'm very happy with this draft.
Gay at linebacker? Are you hoping he takes out his quarterback again as he did in college? That's one way to resolve the Watson conundrum I suppose.. Gay is a tremendous athlete I'm just concerned about what bouncing around between his ears.

Reactions: JB
Back