Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2019 NFL Combine thread

Williams, Taylor, Risner, Little, and Howard are in the next group. Looks like Taylor won't be there at all? Too bad, if true.
Taylor didn't run, but is participating in drills. Looks good, too. 2nd group so much better than 1st. Dillard still the best overall, though.

Some raising issues of uncertainty about Cody Ford & Jonah Williams being potentially bona fide NFL LT material.

If either of them fall, I take him.
If Greedy Williams is there with Ford and Jonah Williams, you take Jonah.
Second choice is Greedy, then Cody.
I will be amazed if Jonah Williams falls past 15 or so.

I could potentially see Ford falling, but I in no way see Jonah falling to us at 23. He's probably the least risky, most plug and play lineman in the draft even if it's just at an interior position. I think he is easily a top 10 pick, but I guess if teams get QB hungry he could fall to top 15

Some raising issues of uncertainty about Cody Ford & Jonah Williams being potentially bona fide NFL LT material.
I don't think they are. Williams doesn't have the base, and Ford doesn't have the feet. I think Williams could be a Pro Bowl OG in a ZBS. Ford needs to get in shape. I don't know what it is about OU o-linemen, but they come out of school with sloppy bodies. Would not take Ford in the 1st.

I could potentially see Ford falling, but I in no way see Jonah falling to us at 23. He's probably the least risky, most plug and play lineman in the draft even if it's just at an interior position. I think he is easily a top 10 pick, but I guess if teams get QB hungry he could fall to top 15
I don't think there's much of a chance of Gaine drafting any offensive lineman this year with our top pick who can't play tackle for us.

Andre Dillard is far and away the best left tackle prospect in this class (top 10). Smart play is to trade down, add another high quality prospect who can help you while addressing interior lineman. If Texans can't Gaine trading partner then BPA which could be almost any position, except QB.

I was surprised to see our offensive line coach in Indy working with the players in the drills ?
I dunno wonder if somehow he's there by request but probably not, rather would imagine every team takes turnr providing coachs for Combine duty ?
Anyway gave Devlin the opportunity to see prospects up close and personal.

Miles Sanders is someone I absolutely want

Holyfield with a bad combine

Singletary looks really fluid

I really want Sanders also. Very talented guy who got stuck behind Barkley. Who would you compare Sanders too? Kareem Hunt would be my comparison. He will probably be there in the 3rd.

I also like Damien Harris alot

I think Holyfield is going to be a solid complimentary back. I really didn't expect him to do well in a combine setting. But on the field he makes DB's make business decisions. Latvius Murray would be my comp for Holyfield. Although Holyfield doesn't have the long speed that Murray once had.

I really want Sanders also. Very talented guy who got stuck behind Barkley. Who would you compare Sanders too? Kareem Hunt would be my comparison. He will probably be there in the 3rd.

I think Holyfield is going to be a solid complimentary back. I really didn't expect him to do well in a combine setting. But on the field he makes DB's make business decisions. Latvius Murray would be my comp for Holyfield. Although Holyfield doesn't have the long speed that Murray once had.
What do you think of Darrell Henderson?

TJ Yeldon?

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/miles-sanders?id=32195341-4e15-3567-869d-79c73965b54e

Sanders has gone very under the radar. He's a complete player with a good skill set and plus measureables. Also doesn't have a lot of tread as Barkley soaked up a ton of work when Sanders was an underclassmen.

What do you think of Darrell Henderson?
BEST TRAIT - Elusiveness

WORST TRAIT - Pass Protection

BEST FILM - UCF (2017)

WORST FILM - Connecticut (2017)

RED FLAGS - None

Darrell Henderson is a potent backfield weapon who projects favorably to either zone or gap concepts as a rusher. Henderson would be best featured in an outside zone system with his speed and quickness to cut into the second level, but he's got enough patience to be effective between the tackles. Henderson will need to prove he's a feature player and in the meantime he'd be best implemented as a primary piece of a stable/crop of backs with complimentary skills.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/darrell-henderson

The type of offense he's in and I haven't really seen him run for tough yards.
Henderson plays out of the gun, but so do a lot of NFL teams. I wouldn't pound him into the middle of the line 20x a game. But, I'm not Bill O'Brien, either. I think the guy could be another Phillip Lindsay.

Henderson plays out of the gun, but so do a lot of NFL teams. I wouldn't pound him into the middle of the line 20x a game. But, I'm not Bill O'Brien, either. I think the guy could be another Phillip Lindsay.

This is possible, but Lindsay ran in the 4.3's. Henderson in the 4.6.

I like Sanders much more than Henderson. But like I said I haven't really seen that much of Henderson.

This is possible, but Lindsay ran in the 4.3's. Henderson in the 4.6.

I like Sanders much more than Henderson. But like I said I haven't really seen that much of Henderson.

Henderson had an official 4.49 laser time today. Lindsay had a 4.39 hand time at his pro day.

Henderson's hand time on his 2nd run was actually a 4.36 so you can see the disparity with official and unofficial times.

They're essentially the same speed and Henderson has some of the best balance and cutting ability in this class.

They're different backs. Sanders would be a more conventional everydown type RB. I'd like to see the Texans inject some big chunk plays in the running game. What we'd hoped to see from Lamar Miller. That's what a guy like Henderson could bring.

I'd prefer Justice Hill to be honest. He's lightning in a bottle.

They're different backs. Sanders would be a more conventional everydown type RB. I'd like to see the Texans inject some big chunk plays in the running game. What we'd hoped to see from Lamar Miller. That's what a guy like Henderson could bring.

Miller should have amassed more chunk plays, but then again, I think there is a much guiltier culprit at fault, regardless of whom ever was running the ball .... if you follow my line thought !

Miller should have amassed more chunk plays, but then again, I think there is a much guiltier culprit at fault, regardless of whom ever was running the ball .... if you follow my line thought !

Look at what miller/Foreman/Blue avg'ed in the Colts playoff game. It's pretty easy to identify the cause of the issues with the Texans offense.

Look at what miller/Foreman/Blue avg'ed in the Colts playoff game. It's pretty easy to identify the cause of the issues with the Texans offense.

Didn't actually check did you? Miller was 3.6 ypc and Blue was 4 ypc. Not horrific. In fact that was better than Blue's season average. But they only had 7 carries combined.

Didn't actually check did you? Miller was 3.6 ypc and Blue was 4 ypc. Not horrific. In fact that was better than Blue's season average. But they only had 7 carries combined.

Nope, I just know that despite the grief Miller gets around here he's a well rounder top 15 type RB. He needs a partner to share the load and Blue ain't that guy.

Nope, I just know that despite the grief Miller gets around here he's a well rounder top 15 type RB. He needs a partner to share the load and Blue ain't that guy.

I think he's a good back. But, unlike a true bruiser or a scat back, he needs a certified or dependable hole to run though, or a sealed end to run around. I think Blue could be the big back. Just visual mind you, he seems to improved each year. He's the size of what tight ends used to be. He catches and blocks well. We need improved line play, and a small, quick speedster with hands. I found a kid,(not listed), a month or two ago at San Jose State University, Sr - Malike Roberson - 5'8" 190# - 10.47 100 M setting state record .... had caught passes, (and run), for thousands of yards in HS and college. That's about the size of Barry Sanders. I'll bet there are plenty of quick twitch, fast guys around .... that we haven't heard of. Yardage by committee .... the Patriots have built a dynasty doing that !

If either of them fall, I take him.
If Greedy Williams is there with Ford and Jonah Williams, you take Jonah.
Second choice is Greedy, then Cody.
I will be amazed if Jonah Williams falls past 15 or so.

I'd be hard pressed to take a passion Greedy Williams. Man, he's got shutdown corner potential. I view him as Day1impact player....especially with this defense.

I see GW as an absolute CB, no second guessing. Jonah is good but the jury is still out on him as whether he's an NFL LT or interior lineman. If he's not an absolute LT, then I just can't see investing a RD1 on him. Cody Ford is interesting.

If all the OT's we like are gone at 23, (and Greedy is there) you take Greedy.

If Greedy is there you take him over anyone but maybe Bosa or Q. Williams if they were to fall that far. That's if Greedy is your top CB... I hear he's not on every teams rankings

Two WRs (DK Metcalf and N'Keal Harry) put up more BP (27) than any TE (Trevon Wesco, 24). Freaks.

I'd take Byron Murphy over Greedy..
Greedy has the size Texans covet so I don't think they take Murphy over an olineman they like or Greedy for that matter.
Having said that, Greedy is a little on the skinny side but is considered a shutdown corner. I do like Murphy though, but not over Williams or the top 4 Linemen.

Greedy has the size Texans covet so I don't think they take Murphy over an olineman they like or Greedy for that matter.
Having said that, Greedy is a little on the skinny side but is considered a shutdown corner. I do like Murphy though, but not over Williams or the top 4 Linemen.
Can Murphy or Williams cover TY? That's the guy I'm interested in. He's killing a pretty good defense. That has to stop.

Can Murphy or Williams cover TY? That's the guy I'm interested in. He's killing a pretty good defense. That has to stop.
Agree, however, if Luck doesn't get time to let Hilton get free or work on a route, then disruption on the DLine becomes important.
Luck's oline is only going to get better so it would be a good idea to fight on both fronts - the trenches and the secondary. Our pressure was just not good enough in the WC game hence the easy manner they worked us over in the first half and basically won the game right there.
Reader is decent, but he's only one man - get him someone good to rotate with him.
Raises the specter of a very good DL @#23 if one falls to us.
Too many options - any improvement in any area of the Texans play is welcome for the next season.

If all the OT's we like are gone at 23, (and Greedy is there) you take Greedy.

Yes

This would make it imperative that they sign Brown or Nsekhe in FA. No way I want to see Davenport protecting Watson's blindside again next yr.

I think the TE group from this draft is being overrated. I've seen Hockenson rated as a top 10 prospect, and I don't see it. He's not a vertical threat, and doesn't have the size to maul DEs. More of a position blocker. His teammate Fant is a flex TE. Not a need for all teams. Ditto Bama's Irv Smith.

There are some interesting mid round types, but it's hard for me to see a single TE going ahead of the Texans pick at #23. Which is disappointing for the Texans.

I think the TE group from this draft is being overrated. I've seen Hockenson rated as a top 10 prospect, and I don't see it. He's not a vertical threat, and doesn't have the size to maul DEs. More of a position blocker. His teammate Fant is a flex TE. Not a need for all teams. Ditto Bama's Irv Smith.

There are some interesting mid round types, but it's hard for me to see a single TE going ahead of the Texans pick at #23. Which is disappointing for the Texans.

I saw some analyst say that this class will be over-drafted in general because of teams needing TE or wanting potential mismatch guys.

Back