Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2016 NFL Power Rankings

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
NFL.com Power Rankings

RANK

TEXANS

The questions about J.J. Watt's health linger, but where does this team stand in the AFC South? There are plenty of folks who feel this is the Jags' year. Colts fans responded en masse (angrily) when I predicted on NFL Network that they would finish 7-9. Indy does have the best quarterback in the division. All that said, Bill O'Brien inherited a 2-14 team and immediately posted a pair of 9-7 campaigns. And that was with complete turmoil under center. Brock Osweilermay or may not be the answer, but it's difficult to imagine him not being an upgrade. Thus, HOU > JAC > IND. For now.

RANK

JAGUARS

Much talk of Myles Jack playing early and often. The interesting thing about Jack is that many league observers see him as a player Jacksonville must capitalize on now. With his knee situation, Jack might end up being brilliant, but in a short window. The Jags linebacker to reallybe excited about is Dante Fowler Jr., who had a year to assimilate the mental aspects of the game. The No. 3 overall pick just turned 22 years old -- plenty of time to make people completely forget about the lost rookie campaign. No more 44-38 contests in Jacksonville.

RANK

COLTS

No game in Canton on Sunday night meant we A) all got to see Mike Adams' Gilligan hat, B) didn't have to worry about Andrew Luck getting plastered into the turf and C) enjoyed the dulcet tones of Lee Greenwood. While the focus seemed to be on the thousands of Packers fans who drove far to watch their team, I can tell you that I saw a heckuva lot of Indy gear there, as well.Colts fans are people, too! It will be interesting to see what kind of step Phillip Dorsett makes in Year 2. As of now, the offensive line and defense are not strong enough to vault this outfit near the top 10.

RANK

TITANS

Spoke to SiriusXM's Ross Tucker recently about Mike Mularkey; he says the Titans head coach needs to be given a fair shake. Tucker was of the mindset that Mularkey didn't get that during his head-coaching stint in Buffalo, and especially not in the one year Mularkey spent in Jacksonville mired in the Blaine Gabbert experience. Eyes are focused on Marcus Mariota and the new running backs -- obvs. How about Dorial Green-Beckham, who, if he can progress, will provide this offense with another big target besides the tremendously underrated Delanie Walker? Right now, the top of the WR depth chart features the name Tajae Sharpe. Tajae Sharpe.

The Texans are ranked highest in the AFC South Division according to the NFL.com Power Rankings. Surprisingly, The Jags are ranked ahead of the Colts and of course the Titans are ranked with the bottom feeders.

Another surprise is that for once, The Texans are rated higher then the 18th ranked Cowboys.

6 AFC teams are ranked higher then the Texans. This says the NFL guys just might believe the Texans will make it to the Playoffs with a chance to go deep.

Th AFC teams that are ranked over the Texan are the 4th ranked Broncos, the 5th ranked Patriots, the 7th ranked Steelers, 9th ranked Chiefs, 10th ranked Raiders and 11th ranked Bengals.

Last edited:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
When you copy and paste from another site could you please include a link? Most sites I've seen have the Texans rated slightly higher... 11 or 12

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Ok. I added the link.
Thx. What we do here is copy and paste a portion of articles rather the whole thing and then provide a link.

If you want your link to say something other than display the whole address, type what you want it to say, highlight it, then hit the link button and insert your link.

Reactions: JB

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Thx. What we do here is copy and paste a portion of articles rather the whole thing and then provide a link.

If you want your link to say something other than display the whole address, type what you want it to say, highlight it, then hit the link button and insert your link.
Like that?

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
I'm good with where our Texans are ranked. The only thing is, I think the Texans can beat any of the AFC teams ranked ahead of them, and we're going to play all of them except the Steelers..

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Yea they do. On my computer and on my phone. Are you having a problem seeing them?
I see the images at the NFL site with no problem but they are not showing up in your post

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
NFL.com Power Rankings

RANK

TEXANS

The questions about J.J. Watt's health linger, but where does this team stand in the AFC South? There are plenty of folks who feel this is the Jags' year. Colts fans responded en masse (angrily) when I predicted on NFL Network that they would finish 7-9. Indy does have the best quarterback in the division. All that said, Bill O'Brien inherited a 2-14 team and immediately posted a pair of 9-7 campaigns. And that was with complete turmoil under center. Brock Osweilermay or may not be the answer, but it's difficult to imagine him not being an upgrade. Thus, HOU > JAC > IND. For now.

RANK

JAGUARS

Much talk of Myles Jack playing early and often. The interesting thing about Jack is that many league observers see him as a player Jacksonville must capitalize on now. With his knee situation, Jack might end up being brilliant, but in a short window. The Jags linebacker to reallybe excited about is Dante Fowler Jr., who had a year to assimilate the mental aspects of the game. The No. 3 overall pick just turned 22 years old -- plenty of time to make people completely forget about the lost rookie campaign. No more 44-38 contests in Jacksonville.

RANK

COLTS

No game in Canton on Sunday night meant we A) all got to see Mike Adams' Gilligan hat, B) didn't have to worry about Andrew Luck getting plastered into the turf and C) enjoyed the dulcet tones of Lee Greenwood. While the focus seemed to be on the thousands of Packers fans who drove far to watch their team, I can tell you that I saw a heckuva lot of Indy gear there, as well.Colts fans are people, too! It will be interesting to see what kind of step Phillip Dorsett makes in Year 2. As of now, the offensive line and defense are not strong enough to vault this outfit near the top 10.

RANK

TITANS

Spoke to SiriusXM's Ross Tucker recently about Mike Mularkey; he says the Titans head coach needs to be given a fair shake. Tucker was of the mindset that Mularkey didn't get that during his head-coaching stint in Buffalo, and especially not in the one year Mularkey spent in Jacksonville mired in the Blaine Gabbert experience. Eyes are focused on Marcus Mariota and the new running backs -- obvs. How about Dorial Green-Beckham, who, if he can progress, will provide this offense with another big target besides the tremendously underrated Delanie Walker? Right now, the top of the WR depth chart features the name Tajae Sharpe. Tajae Sharpe.

The Texans are ranked highest in the AFC Central Division according to the NFL.com Power Rankings. Surprisingly, The Jags are ranked ahead of the Colts and of course the Titans are ranked with the bottom feeders.

Another surprise is that for once, The Texans are rated higher then the 18th ranked Cowboys.

6 AFC teams are ranked higher then the Texans. This says the NFL guys just might believe the Texans will make it to the Playoffs with a chance to go deep.

Th AFC teams that are ranked over the Texan are the 4th ranked Broncos, the 5th ranked Patriots, the 7th ranked Steelers, 9th ranked Chiefs, 10th ranked Raiders and 11th ranked Bengals.
So you see them in this too?

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Wonder why they work fine for me?
Because you're copy and pasting the whole bit from the website and images aren't copy and paste transferable to the board. They slot in just fine for your immediate viewing, but once you post they get lost in translation to everyone else. You have to run images separately through the image function.

Reactions: JB

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Because you're copy and pasting the whole bit from the website and images aren't copy and paste transferable to the board. They slot in just fine for your immediate viewing, but once you post they get lost in translation to everyone else. You have to run images separately through the image function.
OK. Got it.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
yeah that is what I was trying to say above

PapaL

Loose Screw

TEXANS

The questions about J.J. Watt's health linger, but where does this team stand in the AFC South? There are plenty of folks who feel this is the Jags' year. Colts fans responded en masse (angrily) when I predicted on NFL Network that they would finish 7-9. Indy does have the best quarterback in the division. All that said, Bill O'Brien inherited a 2-14 team and immediately posted a pair of 9-7 campaigns. And that was with complete turmoil under center. Brock Osweiler may or may not be the answer, but it's difficult to imagine him not being an upgrade. Thus, HOU > JAC > IND. For now.

PapaL

Loose Screw
What I do whenever I'm pasting an article in, even though I can see the images because their cached on my device, I just remove the pics. I think we have some test threads in the tech support section where you can monkey around and try stuff. We all went through it with the last upgrade.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
What I do whenever I'm pasting an article in, even though I can see the images because their cached on my device, I just remove the pics. I think we have some test threads in the tech support section where you can monkey around and try stuff. We all went through it with the last upgrade.
OK. Cool. Thanks.

BYDS

Waterboy

If you have bandwidth limits displaying the whole post is much better than following a link that will eat up bandwidth. This is a serious issue with people not with Comcast.

What do you see as the problem with it. Makes zero sense to me.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
If you have bandwidth limits displaying the whole post is much better than following a link that will eat up bandwidth. This is a serious issue with people not with Comcast.

It's a copyright issue for the protection of the site.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!

Do you see the images in the post? They are the team logos right above the team names.

KemahKeith

It's flooding down in Texas
I think it all comes down to the Offensive line. You keep Brock upright, and create some holes for Miller;
with the weapons provided, we may see something we have not seen in many years. A time eating efficient offence.

It's a real domino effect.
Offence stays on the field
Defense rests
Other teams D gets gassed
We score
They have to start passing to catch up
D-Line pins ears back
Secondary starts ball hawking
and Boom!! We have 7 guys in the Pro Bowl
(But they can't play because the following week we are hosting and playing in the Superbowl)
Just sayin.

Overly simplified, I know, but I just have a feeling about this year.