Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

12%, err 2%

Scooter

Funky
Guys guys....... OB worked with Tom Brady, (AFTER HE WAS ALREADY GOOD) surely he is a football good.....
Remember that one time he yelled at Tom Brady!?!?!?!? Obviously he's so smart that even Brady still needs to be taught how to win like BO'B.

Reactions: ROO

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Remember that one time he yelled at Tom Brady!?!?!?!? Obviously he's so smart that even Brady still needs to be taught how to win like BO'B.
Just like the honey badger. Billy O don't give a Fu......

& that's becoming more & more obvious every game.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
He'll never be able to admit anything is Watson's fault, then he'll have to come to grips with the fact that Watson is not, and never will be, an elite NFL quarterback.
Only thing I hate is hyperbole, homerism and blinders.
Strange dichotomy when comparing two of your posts in this thread.

If you hate hyperbole, then why engage in it yourself? :um:

Bulls on Parade

2017 Astros: Earn It!
No chance now.
In case we drop to 0-4 on Sunday: The 1992 San Diego Chargers would lose their first four games of the season, but would rally to an 11–5 finish to the season, clinching the AFC West title, and becoming the first (and to this day, only) NFL team to start 0–4 and still make the playoffs.

What percentage would that be? 0.001 %?
0-4 is realistically done if only one team has done it.

LOL, I like watching that movie clip. I may watch the movie again today.

Bulls on Parade

Sad part is next year's draft doesn't forecast to be great for 1st round OL.
Latest mock draft that I see has the Arizona Cardinals drafting Houston Cougars defensive tackle, Ed Oliver, #1 overall. They have the Houston Texans at #2 overall drafting Derrick Brown the defensive tackle from Auburn. Really? Not that I want to go defense that high in the first round, but if we did I'd rather have Ed Oliver and keep the hometown stud here at home.

Luxury but not a need at #2: The Texans need offensive linemen and cornerbacks (they could trade down), but they won't be able to pass on one of the three elite defensive tackles, who project to be on an Ndamukong Suh or Gerald McCoy level. Adding one of these players to a front containing J.J. Watt would be ridiculous. Plus, it wouldn't hurt to have an insurance policy for Watt.

Derrick Brown has great size (6-5, 316) and tons of upside. He can be a great interior disruptor if he lives up to his potential.

Bulls on Parade

Derrick Brown is a monster but man, this is the guy that can be out of control sometimes. Imagine if he pile drives a quarterback like that with the "soft rule changes" in the NFL? Granted, that was a running back he gave the Undertaker "Tombstone Piledriver" to. The dude may as well be a WWE wrestler. LOL

Not sure if we need to go defense that high anyways.
I'd rather trade down and go offensive tackle and cornerback (both).
Not sure why the latest mock has us drafting Derrick Brown at #2.

Until we improve our offensive line we'll never be that good of a team.

If only the NFL still allowed defenses to be nasty and physical.
I'd be all on board for those type of dominant and dirty players.

Imagine if the 1985 Bears defense played with today's rules?
I watched a documentary on them. They killed offensive players!
They injured like four quarterbacks in one month. LOL

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
I just cant fathom drafting anything other than the best OL available. Just like Texans luck though, every year they have a high pick its a down year for what they need. I would trade down if possible.

Shishkabob

All Pro
I just cant fathom drafting anything other than the best OL available. Just like Texans luck though, every year they have a high pick its a down year for what they need. I would trade down if possible.
from everything I have heard and read this is suppose to be one of the best OL drafts in recent years

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Sad part is next year's draft doesn't forecast to be great for 1st round OL.
Johnah Williams and Little from Mississippi are worthy of 1st rd picks. There's a LT at Purdue (His name escapes me) that has good feet and a nasty streak.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
from everything I have heard and read this is suppose to be one of the best OL drafts in recent years
Most mocks have Little alone going in the 1st round based on talent evaluation. Obviously there will be teams that have to reach to get their guy like the Texans, but IMO this draft is full of defensive stars that will be hard to pass up. I would still trade down and try to pick up more picks and focus the 2nd and 3rd rounds on OL.

KarlK

Waterboy
Strange dichotomy when comparing two of your posts in this thread.

If you hate hyperbole, then why engage in it yourself? :um:
So it’s hyperbole to claim Watson will not be elite?

Thank you for demonstrating my point perfectly on what delusional homers most Texan fans are.

Bulls on Parade

Most mocks have Little alone going in the 1st round based on talent evaluation. Obviously there will be teams that have to reach to get their guy like the Texans, but IMO this draft is full of defensive stars that will be hard to pass up. I would still trade down and try to pick up more picks and focus the 2nd and 3rd rounds on OL.
If the Texans end up with a top three pick they can always pick up one of the elite defensive tackles, and then focus on O-Line in the early 2nd and 3rd. I agree with you though. I'd probably trade down and get a boat load of picks.

I would also try to trade Jadeveon Clowney before the trade deadline next month. To get an extra second or third. If not a late first rounder from a good team. Whatever we may be able to obtain for him.

If we play our cards right we could have a ton of 2019 draft picks.
Maybe end up with two or three rookie starters on the O-Line.
A left tackle. right tackle and a swing guard (whichever side).
That could be the backbone of our team for the next several years.

Shishkabob

All Pro
CBS' latest mock has 6 OL in the first(5 tackles, 1 G) 4 top 10 tackles

Bulls on Parade

CBS' latest mock has 6 OL in the first(5 tackles, 1 G) 4 top 10 tackles
Walter Football mock updated last night.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019.php

They have all D-Linemen going top 6.
And the Houston Texans with the #2 overall selection.

First offensive lineman taken is offensive tackle Greg Little from Ole Miss at 7. So ideally the Texans could trade down and still get Little while picking up an extra pick or two.

I mean wow, I see 8 D-Linemen going top 10.
And 11 of them going in the top 15. That's a lot!
A few of them are hybrids though (DE/DT/OLB).

ShinobiMusashi

Waterboy
In case we drop to 0-4 on Sunday: The 1992 San Diego Chargers would lose their first four games of the season, but would rally to an 11–5 finish to the season, clinching the AFC West title, and becoming the first (and to this day, only) NFL team to start 0–4 and still make the playoffs.

What percentage would that be? 0.001 %?
0-4 is realistically done if only one team has done it.

LOL, I like watching that movie clip. I may watch the movie again today.

Been reading up on this team, man they had Bobby Ross as coach, i think BOB coached at some of the same colleges? Also no offense on that team, Stan Humphries was qb and his stats that year remind me of Brock Osweiler. They had a great defense.

Shishkabob

All Pro
Walter Football mock updated last night.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019.php

They have all D-Linemen going top 6.
And the Houston Texans with the #2 overall selection.

First offensive lineman taken is offensive tackle Greg Little from Ole Miss at 7. So ideally the Texans could trade down and still get Little while picking up an extra pick or two.

I mean wow, I see 8 D-Linemen going top 10.
And 11 of them going in the top 15. That's a lot!
A few of them are hybrids though (DE/DT/OLB).
walter football has been awful in recent years

Bulls on Parade

True but I'm loyal to them. I've been following Walter Football mock drafts since they had us selecting David Carr #1 overall in 2002. And I remember back then I was a big fan of Julius Peppers out of North Carolina. I even suggested trading down and snagging multiple players, including a good safety out of Miami named Ed Reed. We later signed Ed Reed past his prime and not during his All Pro and Hall of Fame caliber years. Oh what could have been if we had started our franchise the right way sixteen years ago.

badboy

Hall of Fame
true but so has everyone else. If you use Walter just for info and players on peripheral you may not know of, the site can be helpful. Primary reason I use is site is one of few with early info. Same with PFF ans ESPN is so late getting things going. There has been tremendous increase on folks wanting input as you see all sites "way, way too early but here we go.."

Last edited:

HouTx11

Rookie
Best case scenario I see is if the Texans somehow beat the Colts this weekend, beat the Bills 2 weeks from now, and then go on a 7 game winning streak starting on October 25th against the Dolphins and continuing through December 15th at Jets. That is the ONLY way I see the Texans salvaging a winning season now with a 9-7 record. They will be swept by the Jags of course, and lose to the Cowboys and the Eagles.

Bulls on Parade

Best case scenario I see is if the Texans somehow beat the Colts this weekend, beat the Bills 2 weeks from now, and then go on a 7 game winning streak starting on October 25th against the Dolphins and continuing through December 15th at Jets. That is the ONLY way I see the Texans salvaging a winning season now with a 9-7 record. They will be swept by the Jags of course, and lose to the Cowboys and the Eagles.
The Sunday Night home game against the Dallas Cowboys in nine days is the only game I expect the Texans to win. I don't think we'll beat the Colts at Indy on Sunday. And the Bills and Browns are much improved teams.

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
If the Texans end up with a top three pick they can always pick up one of the elite defensive tackles, and then focus on O-Line in the early 2nd and 3rd. I agree with you though. I'd probably trade down and get a boat load of picks.

I would also try to trade Jadeveon Clowney before the trade deadline next month. To get an extra second or third. If not a late first rounder from a good team. Whatever we may be able to obtain for him.

If we play our cards right we could have a ton of 2019 draft picks.
Maybe end up with two or three rookie starters on the O-Line.
A left tackle. right tackle and a swing guard (whichever side).
That could be the backbone of our team for the next several years.

Whoa there Bulls, You may get away using common sense and logic this time of year, but you better back off as we near the draft, or you may be marched to the gallows with screams of Treason

Bulls on Parade

Until and if the Texans are finally victorius one Sunday I won't be predicting any wins.
All we have to do to beat the Cowboys is stop Elliot and our run defense should be able to do that. Dak Prescott has minimal passing yards in today's so-called passing league.

I heard a stat during the last game that Prescott has only thrown for 200 or more yards only three times in his last thirteen games dating back to last season. And so far this season his highest passing total in a game is only 170 yards.

Andrew Luck can't throw the ball with a lot of depth or velocity right now coming off his injuries. And Dak Prescott just can't throw. So our next two games are winnable, but if we lose to these two quarterbacks then who the heck can we beat?

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
I wasn't through. I have built or upgraded an imaginary line every year since 2011. If we play our cards right, as you say, I think we just might be able to end up with 3 or 4 linemen who could become starters, and fairly quickly. Plan - trade down from top to 10 to 15. Trade up from top 2nd to 25 to 30. The problem is players rise and fall during the season, causing their placement values to fluctuate. However, right now, I would aim for something like : 1a) Jonah Williams - 6'5" - 305 - LT - Alabama
1b) David Edwards - 6'6" - 315 - RT - Wisconsin
2a) Beau Benschawel - 6'5" - 315 RG - Wisconsin
3b) Ross Pierschbacher - 6'4" - 305 - LG - Alabama

These guys are good athletes from good schools with good programs and coaches .... they have played side by side, which should accelerate their schedule for field readiness. Of course they won't be exactly in the right spot at draft time .... but you've got to begin somewhere, and I'm hoping this is the year that our brain trust becomes realistic at draft time !

HouTx11

Rookie
The Sunday Night home game against the Dallas Cowboys in nine days is the only game I expect the Texans to win. I don't think we'll beat the Colts at Indy on Sunday. And the Bills and Browns are much improved teams.
The Texans can't seem to find a way to beat the Cowboys in any year anymore, let alone in prime time, and we know the Texans' history in prime time games. The one time they did beat the Cowboys was a very special moment when the Texans entered the league facing their in state rivals for the first time. That was special and the Texans were hungry to win that one game at all cost. And on top of that the Cowboys had Quincy Carter at QB and they truly sucked.

I don't think it is likely that the Texans will sweep the Colts, but I do see it as more likely than the Texans beating the Cowboys, Eagles or Jags. If the Texans want a winning season then the winning MUST start this weekend in Lucas Oil Stadium.

Last edited:

Bulls on Parade

And on top of that the Cowboys had Quincy Carter at QB and they truly sucked.
The Cowboys offense can't pass the ball. Dak Prescott can't even throw anywhere near his own weight (235). His highest passing game this season is 170.. They'll be as one dimensional of a team as we'll play all year. If we can't win that game at home I don't see which game we can win.

But we'll worry about that Cowboys game next Sunday Night. As far as the game tomorrow I'm mostly expecting a loss just because we're on the road. But this is another game we should win with a quarterback that can't throw the ball deep with Andrew Luck coming off injury.

In today's NFL if you have trouble throwing the ball...
You're going to have trouble winning games, IMO.

To be fair to the Texans, all three losses have been by one score. And it's not like Deshaun Watson has been 100 % healthy. He's still shaking off the rust coming off injury himself.

Funny you should mention Quincy Carter. He had 131 yards passing versus the Texans in that Week 1 loss back in 2002. We had a pretty good defense in our expansion year. 15th ranked but they had a couple of pro bowlers, including Aaron Glenn in the secondary.

The rest of that season though? Quincy Carter reeled off six straight games with 200+ passing yards. Which is something Dak Prescott can't do. He's only had three 200+ passing yard games in the past 13 games dating back to last season. And none this year. Poor Dak can't even match Quincy Carter in passing yards!

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
The Texans can't seem to find a way to beat the Cowboys in any year anymore, let alone in prime time, and we know the Texans' history in prime time games. The one time they did beat the Cowboys was a very special moment when the Texans entered the league facing their in state rivals for the first time. That was special and the Texans were hungry to win that one game at all cost. And on top of that the Cowboys had Quincy Carter at QB and they truly sucked.

I don't think it is likely that the Texans will sweep the Colts, but I do see it as more likely than the Texans beating the Cowboys, Eagles or Jags. If the Texans want a winning season then the winning MUST start this weekend in Lucas Oil Stadium.
Much like 2002, the Cowboys are just as bad this year. Dak Prescott has thrown for over 185 yards just twice in his last 11 games, with 8 TD, 11 INT, and an Osweiler-esque 74.2 passer rating. Now, not throwing it all on Dak. His o-line is nothing like what it once was and they don't have anybody at WR, but that's a bad offense.

The Cowboys are very beatable. Then again, it's the Texans we're talking about.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
The Cowboys offense can't pass the ball. Dak Prescott can't even throw anywhere near his own weight (235). His highest passing game this season is 170.. They'll be as one dimensional of a team as we'll play all year. If we can't win that game at home I don't see which game we can win.

But we'll worry about that Cowboys game next Sunday Night. As far as the game tomorrow I'm mostly expecting a loss just because we're on the road. But this is another game we should win with a quarterback that can't throw the ball deep with Andrew Luck coming off injury.

To be fair to the Texans, all three losses have been by one score. And it's not like Deshaun Watson has been 100 % healthy. He's still shaking off the rust coming off injury himself.

Funny you should mention Quincy Carter. He had 131 yards passing versus the Texans in that Week 1 loss back in 2002. We had a pretty good defense in our expansion year. 15th ranked but they had a couple of pro bowlers, including Aaron Glenn in the secondary.

The rest of that season though? Quincy Carter reeled off six straight games with 200+ passing yards. Which is something Dak Prescott can't do. He's only had three 200+ passing yard games in the past 13 games dating back to last season. And none this year. Poor Dak can't even match Quincy Carter in passing yards!
Blaine Freaking Gabbert just beat the Texans minus both top tackles and all kinds of WR issues. I expect Dak and Zeke to do OK in that game. If so, I'll have to pay up $50 and wear a Cowboys hat for a week. Stupid football bets in July.

Bulls on Parade

If we lose to the Colts tomorrow on the road, and then top that off by losing to the Dallas Cowboys on primetime TV next Sunday Night at home. That would be embarrassing to be 0-5. But on the other hand, we'll definitely be in the driver's seat for the #1 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.

My football buddies on Facebook are giving me a very hard time. I have a Houston Texans cover photo on my page. Saying I'm a proud Texans fan. LOL, I'm going to have to take that off soon. I feel so ashamed.

HouTx11

Rookie

I'll believe that the Texans can beat the Cowboys in prime time when I see it again. The first game in 2002 was special. Everyone thought that the Texans would whip the Cowboys in 2010 when the Texans were 2-0 and had clobbered the Colts during Arian Foster's coming out party and they beat the Redskins on the road when AJ made that awesome catch in the end zone. They laid a freaking egg at home against the Cowboys the following week.

I'll believe the Texans can beat the Cowboys when I see it happen. Gotta beat the Colts first though.

HouTx11

Rookie
If we lose to the Colts tomorrow on the road, and then top that off by losing to the Dallas Cowboys on primetime TV next Sunday Night at home. That would be embarrassing to be 0-5. But on the other hand, we'll definitely be in the driver's seat for the #1 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.

My football buddies on Facebook are giving me a very hard time. I have a Houston Texans cover photo on my page. Saying I'm a proud Texans fan. LOL, I'm going to have to take that off soon. I feel so ashamed.
The cover photo on my FB page is the Texans 2018 regular season schedule. It gets old having to have to edit that cover photo and put the bold red L after every game that they play. Hoping to finally use green W's

Texanmike02

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
FWIW the way they calculate those odds is dumb. It should be simply the number of scenarios that have the Texans winning over the number of total possible outcomes. I don't know how many teams have wound up 0-3 but unless I'm just being careless there are 2^208 possible outcomes after everyone has played 3 games (for the team to be 0-3). Of all of those possibilities there are a certain amount that result in the Texans making the playoffs. Sure you can weigh team strength to try and get something slightly more precise or something but just looking at how teams have done in the past is way too small a sample size. It is like trying to determine the chances you have of winning the lottery because you picked the number 10 by looking back to see how well people who have picked 10 in the past have done.