Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

“The Texans Are Racist And Not A Real Organization” -Mainstream Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangler

Toro de España
For these talking heads out there, (Stephen A, Cowturd, etc...) all is not right with the world unless the Houston team in any given sport isn't competitive or is always considered insignificant or irrelevant. The Texans DID hire Lovie Smith. How many teams either did NOT hire Lovie for HC, OR fired him? Are those teams racist too???
I’m glad that we have the Astros to haunt the talking heads for years to come. Although the woke media tries (but has failed miserably) to crucify them for “not having any black players.” I guess black Hispanics are “not black enough?” Sh*t’s ridiculous. I can only hope that the Texans get it right so the wokes’ spirits and psyche can continue taking a beat down.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
It looks like the woke media is really trying hard to get potential Head Coach candidates to stay away from Houston. They’re hilariously uninformed, and it’s sickening that they have turned it into a race thing.

These two bozos are flat out ridiculous and disgusting:

Then you have this idiot saying:

“Lovie Smith is a very good coach that was let go after only one season. Black coaches need not apply to be the Houston Texans HC”

And, of course, couldn’t forget about this clown claiming the “Texans are racist for firing Lovie Smith.”

Am I the only one sick and tired of people turning everything that doesn’t go their way into a race thing?
Yeah it's fracking ridiculous - it's a business and they can run it any way they see fit.
These fools fail to see all the black players and other coaches on the team and the fact that Texans hired two black coaches in a row.
Smdh.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
If they want to make a living trying to get clicks talking about the Texans, they probably won't make much of a living. Talk about woke, I really wish people would wake up and quit listening to all of these ill-informed idiots and making them rich. Man, society is so screwed.
Agree - all it does is encourage more idiots to jump on the bandwagon.
The dumbing down of America.🤦🤷😡

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Honestly I have no idea but I'm just wondering: could it be that Lovie was fired for insubordination, i.e., defying strict orders to walk out of Indy on Sunday with the #1 overall securely in hand ?

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Honestly I have no idea but I'm just wondering: could it be that Lovie was fired for insubordination, i.e., defying strict orders to walk out of Indy on Sunday with the #1 overall securely in hand ?
I hope Cal isn’t that stupid to tell a coach to tank and then fire them.

Seems that has been done before and a law suit came shortly after where we were named.

OzzO

.. and then?
Talking heads need to look at the outcome on the field and locker room then justify why the coaches shoulda been kept. May be one and done, but they got a heck a of severance package

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I hope Cal isn’t that stupid to tell a coach to tank and then fire them.

Seems that has been done before and a law suit came shortly after where we were named.
The instructions could have more more subtle than what I suggested, you know like maybe "lookie here Lovie, we really want this #1 pick and if you see an opportunity to make that happen both management & ownerwhip will be most grateful."

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
He didn't hire Lovie because of race. He hired Lovie because he didn't have any other options. After he demanded Nick keep Lovie as DC other coaches didn't want the job because they couldn't pick their DC. Why in the hell would a DC, who interviewed with the Texans, take the HC job when the reason he was interviewed in the first place was how well he did as a DC? Then you tell him "Nope. You can't hire a guy who knows your system. We're keeping the man who had one of the worst defenses in the league last year."

Everyone bailed. Nick got stuck with Lovie. He went to Cal on Sunday and probably every Sunday before that and said "I told you so".
QFT

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
There's a whole lot of people who seem to know what is going on behind the scenes these days...To the point where it seems that the folks in charge over there just flat out lie when they give statements. I'm surprised no one has made fun of Cal for the color and type of briefs he likes to wear.
Hannah, the answer's always Hannah right now..

BullRushTX

To'oTo'o A'go-go
I'm sick of talking heads and jackasses in internet comments sections talking about how great a coach Lovie is. Well then surely he'll get snapped up by another team who has a HC vacancy. Because he's such a great coach, right? He'll get a bunch of interviews at the very least, right? Because he's such a great coach.

Wait a second. How come Lovie couldn't find an NFL head coaching job for 7 years before the Texans were literally the only ones to offer him the job? The rest of the league must be idiots. Could it be he's a relic of a bygone era whose coaching style can't win in today's NFL? No. Must be racism.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I was going to post the same thing. Every idiot that spouts this non sense should be strapped down with their eyes taped open and be forced to watch every game from the last 2 years.
That's kinda harsh. But while you at it, make them watch all the Caserio interviews as well. Their brains will melt down if they try to comprehend it.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
That's kinda harsh. But while you at it, make them watch all the Caserio interviews as well. Their brains will melt down if they try to comprehend it.
What do you think about Belichicks press conferences?

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
Yes, there is a very easy way to avoid this kind of controversy. By hiring the best possible candidate rather than someone who fits in a box. The narrative here is that Culley was hired to appease Watson by hiring a black head coach. And that Lovie was hired only because for fear of a backlash due to the Flores lawsuit. When has the objective been to hire the very best head coach they could find?
This is the question that we and Houston sports media should be focusing on. It especially applies to the consideration of Josh McCown.

I'm not forgetting anything. I was just talking about from the outside looking in why some folks may have the opinion (probably erroneous) that the Texans didn't give their two black coaches a fair shake and how neither should have been hired in the first place.
This is one half of the argument by the Stephen A's in the media. Black coaches set up as patsies until you're in better draft and cap situations. As Leebigeztx said, "Black coaches get the worst jobs." That's the perception created, whether true or not. I have no reason to believe exploiting a black patsy is what guided Cal's decisions to hire Culley or Lovie (definitely not Lovie). But the real spark that ignited this two-year manure fire was the sacking of Culley without a realistic plan to replace him. If they kept Culley, he could've gone 1-16 and we'd still be in better standing regarding fan sentiment, player sentiment, coaching search, credibility, media criticism, and general integrity of the organization. I won't even throw draft position in there because tanking for the #1 pick should never be the objective, and obviously was not despite the conspiracy theories of Stephen A and RG3. But those guys wouldn't even mention it if Culley had another season.

Neither of them was an elderly black man
Mike Florio is the only national sports commentator who mentioned Lovie's age as a factor. Most fans and media figures didn't catch on, but it was apparent in his press conferences. I hate drawing attention to it because I like Lovie, and we'll all get old, but it was a reality in this situation.

I personally think the decision to fire him was probably made after the Dolphins game. That performance was the low point and had no explanation.

There's a whole lot of people who seem to know what is going on behind the scenes these days...To the point where it seems that the folks in charge over there just flat out lie when they give statements. I'm surprised no one has made fun of Cal for the color and type of briefs he likes to wear.
If the inputs and processes behind your decisions are so embarrassing that you have to conceal them, then change them. It's a requirement in business because transparency is demanded, which I can see Bob McNair already knew but Cal did not. Unfortunately for us, we have to watch Cal learn these lessons in slow motion using our hometown team.

An example of inputs is Bob hiring a consulting firm for his coaching search, while Cal had Hannah, Janice, and Easterby. No wonder the output from that process was Josh McCown. Just look at that full head of hair.

Maybe Deshaun insisting he have a place at the table was the one demand he got right.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Yep. You have to be discerning about what you choose to believe, because rampant speculations and rumors abound. Details also need to be checked against the known history of the Texans front office from the past two decades.

That said, the forum has a couple of trustworthy sources that are as insightful as you can get on the outside looking in. People in the building talk, and while they might be speculating, as well, at least it is based in an actual reality on Kirby Drive.

Fans (and often media) seem to pull stories out of thin air (or some other place). That stuff, while entertaining, should be taken with a grain of salt.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
What do you think about Belichicks press conferences?
Don't watch them. I don't even watch the press conferences for the Texans, let alone other teams. Now that will change some while they're in the process of getting together a coaching staff, but still, I'd rather someone sandpaper my skull than listen to two seconds of Caserio.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
Don't watch them. I don't even watch the press conferences for the Texans, let alone other teams. Now that will change some while they're in the process of getting together a coaching staff, but still, I'd rather someone sandpaper my skull than listen to two seconds of Caserio.
99% of the time, there is little useful insight to be gained from press conferences. They exist as minefields set by the media for coaches and players.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Belichick taught Caserio well when it comes to talking but not saying anything.

I like it.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
personally think the decision to fire him was probably made after the Dolphins game. That performance was the low point and had no explanation.
I think it was the Browns game... they weren't expected to beat the high flying Dolphins on the road, but to allow the Browns and DW4 to come to town and the Texans to put in such a miserable showing was just too much. Then getting blown out by Jax at home was the final nail

Mangler

Toro de España
100% Sold on Payton! Lets get this done!!!!!!!
I’m neutral when it comes to Payton. Especially with the stats on SB winning coaches. Either way, do you think he’ll be the man to get us to the promised land? There have been reports of him having an “all star” coaching staff set to join him wherever he goes. I hope that’s not the deal breaker.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I’m neutral when it comes to Payton. Especially with the stats on SB winning coaches. Either way, do you think he’ll be the man to get us to the promised land? There have been reports of him having an “all star” coaching staff set to join him wherever he goes. I hope that’s not the deal breaker.
I'm not pounding the table for Payton, but he's my #1 choice. All all star coaching staff of teachers is what the Texans have needed since Kubiak and Wade left.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
And of course Alex Gibbs. Nothing worked properly on the OL until he entered the building and everything started to get a bit squirrely the moment he retired.
That was the greatness of HOF'er Alex Gibbs. He was a hard azz that many here don't care for people like him. He didn't listen to the noise and demanded the best from his guys. His ability to create an ol and match the RB/run game to the ol he built took the Texans org from dregs of an org to a really good team. He and Wade changed this org for the better. What did they have in common? They were great teachers. RIP HOF'er Alex Gibbs.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
That was the greatness of HOF'er Alex Gibbs. He was a hard azz that many here don't care for people like him. He didn't listen to the noise and demanded the best from his guys. His ability to create an ol and match the RB/run game to the ol he built took the Texans org from dregs of an org to a really good team. He and Wade changed this org for the better. What did they have in common? They were great teachers. RIP HOF'er Alex Gibbs.
Shame they weren't in Houston at the same time... that would have been something

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
And of course Alex Gibbs. Nothing worked properly on the OL until he entered the building and everything started to get a bit squirrely the moment he retired.
I believe Payton would be one of the few HC’s with enough self-confidence to hire a Mike Munchak as his OL Coach.

DexmanC

Hall of Fame
I'm afraid to say... This is one the Mainstream Media has right.... The coaches who've been fired with only a single year of service have the same thing in common (I don't accuse anyone of the 'R' word anymore, although I take mental note of its presence.) They've kept worse coaches on for too long, and even gave one the powers of general manager. The Houston Astros had the same problem this organization had, once. Once the owner fired himself, and the great Jim Crane bought the team, the Astros struggle to keep themselves out of the League Championship Series every year. Two World Series in four years is a hell of an accomplishment. When the Texans stop pissing off their legends (Andre Johnson,) and pushing away their franchise QB's (Deshaun Watson,) maybe their best talent can be maintained at a fair price (as Deandre Hopkins was requesting.) I watch this Texans dumpster fire, but I can't root for it.. We need the McNair family to entrust the team to a group of owners committed to winning.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I'm afraid to say... This is one the Mainstream Media has right.... The coaches who've been fired with only a single year of service have the same thing in common (I don't accuse anyone of the 'R' word anymore, although I take mental note of its presence.) They've kept worse coaches on for too long, and even gave one the powers of general manager. The Houston Astros had the same problem this organization had, once. Once the owner fired himself, and the great Jim Crane bought the team, the Astros struggle to keep themselves out of the League Championship Series every year. Two World Series in four years is a hell of an accomplishment. When the Texans stop pissing off their legends (Andre Johnson,) and pushing away their franchise QB's (Deshaun Watson,) maybe their best talent can be maintained at a fair price (as Deandre Hopkins was requesting.) I watch this Texans dumpster fire, but I can't root for it.. We need the McNair family to entrust the team to a group of owners committed to winning.
Wow, haven't seen you around here in a while. The NSZ was still alive and kicking back then. Good to see you post.

I think the Texans would be better described as stupid and inept rather than racist. Rick Smith ran things around here for a while and was well liked by the ownership. Unless Cal is now the problem, in which case you could add another negative to his already long list of negative stuff.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
When the Texans stop pissing off their legends (Andre Johnson,) and pushing away their franchise QB's (Deshaun Watson,)
The Texans pushed away Watson? When?

Was it like when the 25+ women pushed away Watson and his junk and said no?

Or was it when he endorsed OB and Easterby and McNair for signing him to a contract that less than 5 months he wanted out of?

Or was it when they traded the future for a LT for him?

Was it when he got his feelings hurt that he didn’t get consulted for the GM position when he left on vacation on a yacht in Mexico instead of being with the team?

Or was it when the Texans got him a private room at the Houstonian for his massages?

Please enlighten me of when the Texans pushed him away.

Status
Not open for further replies.