Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What happens to sundays game if Ike comes??

I will not be able to make if it is on Monday night, but am prepared to drive to Houston on Sunday no matter the conditions. My concern is the traffic going back to Houston.

All I can do is hope for the best. Y'all be smart, this is not your first time to the rodeo.

Same thing here. I'm driving from South texas on Sunday if the game is not postponed. The Storm should pass by then but I hope the Highways are drivable.

Did everyone get their supplies? I went yesterday on my lunch break and got stuff for the wife & daughter. I'm going to have to work through this thing (water utilities), so they will be on their own. I'm pretty concerned about that, actually, very concerned. I took out cash for her, bought them a lot of canned food and other items, I bought a 2 burner camp stove and 6 bottles of propane, plenty of water, gast tanks are filled, etc. I still feel like I'm forgetting something though. Anyways, I hope all of you guys/gals are prepared already, it's going to be tough to find those essential items today.

That's pretty much it, hope all of you guys will be safe. I'll keep you all in my prayers and I would appreciate it if you all would say a little prayer for the safety of my wife & daughter. Good luck to you all.

Did everyone get their supplies? I went yesterday on my lunch break and got stuff for the wife & daughter. I'm going to have to work through this thing (water utilities), so they will be on their own. I'm pretty concerned about that, actually, very concerned. I took out cash for her, bought them a lot of canned food and other items, I bought a 2 burner camp stove and 6 bottles of propane, plenty of water, gast tanks are filled, etc. I still feel like I'm forgetting something though. Anyways, I hope all of you guys/gals are prepared already, it's going to be tough to find those essential items today.

That's pretty much it, hope all of you guys will be safe. I'll keep you all in my prayers and I would appreciate it if you all would say a little prayer for the safety of my wife & daughter. Good luck to you all.

I did.... Man was Specs crowded!! :kingkong:

I will say a prayer for them..You say you feel as if you forgot something, well sometimes thinking too much is more of a bad thing if it makes sense..I'm sure you have taken care of all of the needed things, and that they can ride it out ok.. These next few days I am sure this place will be quiet, so I want to wish you all a safe few days and may we all come back here Sunday with no problems...
See ya'll on the other side !!!

Another good thing to have is a phone that plugs into the phone line, not just cordless phones. If the power goes out they still work, if the phone lines are ok. Cell towers get knocked out, we didn't have cell service for a couple of days during Allison.

As others have said, most of Houston proper is above sea level and 50 miles inland. By the time a cat 4 storm crawls over 50 miles of land a considerable amount of its power will be drained. New Orleans was trashed by floodwaters because a fair portion of that city IS below sea level.

I live substantially inland. The windspeed calculator is suggesting that we may get +80 mile an hour winds.

The problem with the Bayou City is that a signficant storm surge will prevent the bayous and other bodies of water from draining. Early reports suggest that this storm may move quickly so rain fall totals might not be big. We need to hope that is right.

I don't see how they can have the game on Sunday. If you were the Ravens, would you want to send your team here this weekend?

Another good thing to have is a phone that plugs into the phone line, not just cordless phones. If the power goes out they still work, if the phone lines are ok. Cell towers get knocked out, we didn't have cell service for a couple of days during Allison.

Great point and one often overlooked. We've got a "bear sitting on a log" phone that plugs into the wall. We break him out for special occasions like this.

Also, should cell towers get overloaded and voice calls aren't possible text messaging becomes a viable alternative. They may run slower but you've got a good chance of them getting through.... at least that was relayed to me.

I just got the following in an email from the Texans

The Houston Texans are currently evaluating the severe weather conditions projected for the Gulf Coast region. The team is in contact with the National Weather Service and the National Football League to determine the status of the Texans vs. Ravens game scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 14.
We will communicate updated game information throughout the day via HoustonTexans.com and regular email alerts.

What are the options really? Delay the game until the 'problem' is resolved (possibly monday), more the game to Raven turf, or play the game saturday or monday in Dallas?

What would happen with our tickets if they moved it away, surely we would get a refund or something right? I would pissed to have paid for those preseason games and get screwed out of a regular season game

What are the options really? Delay the game until the 'problem' is resolved (possibly monday), more the game to Raven turf, or play the game saturday or monday in Dallas?

My guess would be they will play Sunday at a neutral place, not Baltimore or Houston. They will just use someone's elses' stadium.

My guess would be they will play Sunday at a neutral place, not Baltimore or Houston. They will just use someone's elses' stadium.

Thats why I'm thinking Dallas on monday, they have their own sunday game there, or are they on the road ?

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hairpull::shocked::cry2:
Doesn't Ike know that this is our home opener?!?!?!? And I have a new horn hat? And I have to drive in from Austin?

What about those of us with tickets (which is most of us)?

Probably SOL!!:) J/K I really have no idea. BUT, the Texans have always been pretty fan friendly, so, I imagine they will think of something/someway to reimburse fans the cost of their ticket. They could take it off the cost of tickets for next year, if you are a season ticket holder, give out vouchers, whatever. Remember, this is out of their hands also. This is the home opener, so their marketing dept has been busy gearing up for this game. I just think they will do everything possible to keep the game at home, IF it is feasable and safe for all concerned.

The Alamo Dome is not setup for HD replay, so does not qualify for an NFL game.

A little birdie told me the option to move would be Atlanta, if it is necessary.

Good news for TD.

In lieu of the hurricane and the possible moving of the game to another stadium, dont you think that the HD thingie could be ignored this time ?

*thinks positive thoughts, thinks positive thoughts, thinks positive thoughts*

The game will be on as scheduled. Ike will make like Rita and turn even further east...

*thinks positive thoughts, thinks positive thoughts, thinks positive thoughts*

Although, I've heard on good authority that Atlanta is a possibility

That's what Sirius NFL radio has just reported. They didn't mention when the game would be made up. Has anyone heard anything more on this?

That's what Sirius NFL radio has just reported. They didn't mention when the game would be made up. Has anyone heard anything more on this?

I am not sure I believe that they would cancel a game. Altlanta, San Antonio, are possible places.

I would like to see a link.

I checked anyway, even though I knew better
but

our bye week is the 8th week
Ravens is 10th

don't know about that but I do know the roof is going to be closed :tinfoil:

Funny!

captainobvious.jpg

If the game is moved to Atlanta I will be expecting a refund for game tickets and parking pass or a deduct on next year's season tickets.

All of us Texans fans and the Texan organization need to gather close to freeport with fans, blowers, etc. and blow Ike somewhere far far away from here. Just to keep our home opener.

man i just realized i have class at my job on monday i hope they cancel that so i can go to the game if the put it on monday :texflag:

Atlanta? Screw that, this isn't about neutrality, this is a home game. Austin, San Antonio, Even Dallas, no scratch Dallas, would be better than Atlanta.

All of us Texans fans and the Texan organization need to gather close to freeport with fans, blowers, etc. and blow Ike somewhere far far away from here. Just to keep our home opener.

I spend most of my time windsurfing, so if y'all can set this up on a regular basis it would be greatly appreciated :)

What are you worried about? If the game is moved or postponed at least the SEZ will be as loud as the NEZ Sunday..

:tease:

I realize hurricanes are at best difficult to predict, but I really can't believe the NFL and the Texans don't have a set in stone plan in just this type of scenario.

Most multi billion dollar industries have multiple backup plans, but it seems like they were caught with their ass showing on this one.

In the grand scheme of things, I suppose it doesn't matter for all the other stuff the city is about to endure though.

Back