Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

What happens to sundays game if Ike comes??

RAVENS-TEXANS WILL PLAY MONDAY NIGHT IN HOUSTON
Posted by Mike Florio on September 11, 2008, 6:06 p.m. EDT
And right after we hit the button posting our most recent entry, we received an e-mail informing us that the Week Two game between the Ravens and Texans will be played on Monday night, September 15, at 8:30 p.m. EDT.

The game will be televised regionally on CBS, and won’t be broadcast by ESPN as a second Monday night game.

The Eagles and Cowboys will meet on Monday night in Dallas.

www.profootballtalk.com

From the Texans press release:

Due to the importance of allowing the Houston area to focus on its recovery from the expected arrival of Hurricane Ike on Friday, the Houston Texans' home game Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens has been re-scheduled for Monday night at Reliant Stadium at 7:30 p.m. Houston time (8:30 p.m. ET). The game originally was scheduled to be played on Sunday, September 14 at 3:15 p.m. Houston Time (4:15 p.m. ET).

The Texans-Ravens Monday night game will be televised on local CBS stations in the primary and secondary markets of the Texans (Houston, Beaumont-Port Arthur, and Bryan, Texas) and the Ravens (Baltimore; Washington, DC; Salisbury, MD; and Harrisburg, PA).

I will be working from 7:00 a.m. tomorrow until further notice. Depending on the severity of the storm, I may not get off untill Sunday morning. After working for that long in the storm I don't know if I will want to go to the game Monday night. Oh, well.

610 just confirmed Monday Night- Cowboys vs. Eagles blocked out in this area :spit:

Interesting. I didn't realized that cable games were blocked. Since I have tickets to the Texans game I will be there, so I can still keep up with the score, then see what actually happened later. Win or lose, I have no concerns that full information will be readily available continuously.

I will be working from 7:00 a.m. tomorrow until further notice. Depending on the severity of the storm, I may not get off untill Sunday morning. After working for that long in the storm I don't know if I will want to go to the game Monday night. Oh, well.

You'll be there.... :texflag:

The Girls will not be blacked out as I understand it...........they will be on ESPN???????

How do you know it won't be blacked out? I was looking fwd to seeing Philly spank that butt.
I was hoping to be able to DVR one and watch the other

...assuming we have pwr down here in Clear Lake.

How do you know it won't be blacked out? I was looking fwd to seeing Philly spank that butt.
I was hoping to be able to DVR one and watch the other

...assuming we have pwr down here in Clear Lake.

Chronicle

Hurricane Ike has forced the Texans’ home opener against the Baltimore Ravens to be moved to 7:30 p.m. Monday night at Reliant Stadium.

The game will be televised on local CBS stations in the primary and secondary team markets: Houston, Beaumont-Port Arthur and Bryan.

The Monday night game between the Eagles and Cowboys at Texas Stadium will be shown at its regular time on ESPN.

If the NFL were smart they would set up a test in this type of situation where a game is moved to primetime on Sunday or Monday - live stream it on the network's site that lost the broadcast. They can easily move their sponosrs over there and they would have no problem.

Give it free, of course, but request a questionairre to be filled out about the experience. Win win for everyone.

Be careful out there.

Hope they're paying you doubletime
:money:

Chronicle

Hurricane Ike has forced the Texans’ home opener against the Baltimore Ravens to be moved to 7:30 p.m. Monday night at Reliant Stadium.

The game will be televised on local CBS stations in the primary and secondary team markets: Houston, Beaumont-Port Arthur and Bryan.

The Monday night game between the Eagles and Cowboys at Texas Stadium will be shown at its regular time on ESPN.

Thanks!!

610 also just confirmed that the Girls will NOT be blacked..............just like cockroaches........can't get rid of them.................until the playoffs, that is.:cowboy1:

So I'm getting conflicting info here. Some are saying it is going to be on ESPN2 and Direct TV. But then I read in the Chronicle that it will not be shown on neither of the two.

Be careful out there.

Hope they're paying you doubletime
:money:

Thanks. I am going to try to be carefull but they are talking about a 20ft storm surge and we already have some streets that are flooding out with the storm still a good ways away. It could get hairy around here before tomorrow afternoon.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but with the intensity and the path of the anticipated storm, what makes you feel secure that there will be electricity, land line telephone or cell phone sevice to receive the game? That question hit me as a very realistic concern..........more realistic by the hour.:headhurts::mcnugget:

I live in san Antonio. I emailed Houston Texan Radio 610 yesterday and asked if it would be live streamed on the net and today their reply is, "Sorry, but we are only allowed to stream 4 games this year and this weekend's game is not one of them." So live stream radio is also ruled out. If I remember right Houston is still in Texas right......? lol

Last edited:
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but with the intensity and the path of the anticipated storm, what makes you feel secure that there will be electricity, land line telephone or cell phone sevice to receive the game? That question hit me as a very realistic concern..........more realistic by the hour.:headhurts::mcnugget:

you said it like that on purpose didn't you?
:D

THis storm will be puny i dont even think my electricty is going to go out

iam going to go exercise during the storm LOL

Its 5 o clock and nothing has happend its not even raining

THis storm will be puny i dont even think my electricty is going to go out

iam going to go exercise during the storm LOL

Its 5 o clock and nothing has happend its not even raining

You must be a rookie in more than one way to write that last statement. I'm a 1st responder...............the impact of this storm here in Houston will not begin to be felt until after midnight. I would hope that you have no one that depends on you acting in a responsible manner. They may not fare too well.

I was going to email my tickets and glad I did not as I do not see how they play on Monday given the early looks of Ike's impact. However, a football game may be a welcome distraction for Houstonians.

Lost power for about an hour. Absolutely no wind, rain, anything when it went out.

Back on for now.

I have a feeling that football might not happen Monday night.......love the game..but think Houston's focus will be on storm surge victims..

According to a rep from CenterPoint Energy, the medical center and downtown are still with power because those areas are serviced by underground power lines. The areas serviced through overhead lines are almost all without power.

Reliant Stadium should have power, so I doubt the power issue would prevent the game from kicking off. Other concerns, perhaps, but not the electricity.

Just now reading McClains blog and he mentioned the possibility of the game being played in Atlanta. If thats true, its a crock if you ask me, clear advantage to the Ravens not having to play in front of a hostile crowd. The should just make it a bye week for both teams and figure out something from there. The Texans shouldn't lose a home game because of mother nature.

Just now reading McClains blog and he mentioned the possibility of the game being played in Atlanta. If thats true, its a crock if you ask me, clear advantage to the Ravens not having to play in front of a hostile crowd. The should just make it a bye week for both teams and figure out something from there. The Texans shouldn't lose a home game because of mother nature.

I'll bet that doesn't happen. Just a hunch, nothing more. It shouldn't happen either for the reasons you mentioned. It's not like the end of the season with little wiggle room.

http://blogs.chron.com/hurricanes/2008/09/texans_game_postponed_damage_r.html
Looks like Reliant has damage and the game is postponed. Bummer.

It's a bummer not only because that we will not play but we will not have a home game until Oct. 5th against the Colts.

bobbummernu4.jpg

Just got power back on here in cypress and wanted to check in and see how the folks on the board were doing! There sure was alot of BS and Bravado being spewed on this board prior to the storm and was wondering how those who doubted what a ***** mother nature is have faired?

Hope everyone made it through alright. Hurricane Ike turned out to be Hurricane "S"Ike for us here in Corpus. We didn't get anything from the hurricane.

Hope everyone made it through alright. Hurricane Ike turned out to be Hurricane "S"Ike for us here in Corpus. We didn't get anything from the hurricane.

We didn't get anything. I thought since the storm was so wide we would get some high winds and rain but nothing.

You know Tina took a lot of **** from Ike and so did Houston(people and sports teams) and surrounding cities. Well you know what Tina did she recovered, made a comeback and hit the top of the charts. I'm hoping we can do the same for our communities and our sports teams.

Go Houston and Go Texans!

Back