Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 13 Gameday: Texans at Ravens

Ibar_Harry said:
Capers should walk into the locker room and announce he's leaving. There is no way you should get that kind of a reception in that situation. The coaching is so bad and game management is even worse. You have to feel for the players. As bad as the Ravens are our team wanted to win and the players tried. It has to be absolutely gut wrenching.

He'll just say that at the end of the game, "We didn't execute." I think they should execute him. :)

Grid said:
im starting to understand how Vinny feels.. just cant say anything on this board without someone who has a "grudge" against me trying to find some little point to throw a hissy over.

I don't have a grudge against you and I didn't throw a hissy fit. I disagreed. Since you obviously can't handle disagreement, I'll make it a point not to disagree with you in the future. My apologies.

False Start On # 69 said:
Well guys , its been fun hanging here with you guys today . Y'all are some real classy cats ! :jam:

Too bad we had to lose it like we did . :brickwall :embarrass :texflag:

It's certainly cheaper than group therapy.

How do you describe what jsut happended? can you imagine what its like to be a player in the locker room right now? What do you say if your Capers? A new low in Texan and NFL history.

You would think that after last week, that they would have been going for 6 instead of 3. YOU HAD GOOD FIELD POSITION TO AT LEAST GET A DAMN 1ST DOWN!!!!!:brickwall

I really hope that McNair finds a coaching staff that will instill a killer instinct in this team. Conservative sucks!!!!

That's two lost in the last minute. All you had to do was hold them. I sure am glad we gave up Sharper and brought in Buchanon. Our defense rocks!

:sarcasm:

ahh.. wasnt really directing that at you Dubya but I appreciate you not disagreeing with me anymore :)

all i can say is wow. i never thought it could happen two weeks in a row. the bigger question is, which loss was worse?

HJam72 said:
I thought that was the point of this board....to have hissy fits. :thumbup
More like misery loves company. Dr. Phil:brickwall says you feel better if you know you are not alone. Then, why don't I feel better?

Did you see the offense when they came off after the FG. They thought we had it. Talk about getting your heart ripped out.

HoustonFan said:
You would think that after last week, that they would have been going for 6 instead of 3. YOU HAD GOOD FIELD POSITION TO AT LEAST GET A DAMN 1ST DOWN!!!!!:brickwall

I really hope that McNair finds a coaching staff that will instill a killer instinct in this team. Conservative sucks!!!!

I actually thought the play calling on defense during Baltimore's winning drive was overly aggressive. If we would of just stayed in coverage instead of blitzing the house there's no way they would of been able to pick up 40 yards in 1 play.

HoustonFan said:

You can see it happening. We have the lead, so we go into sudden conservative "give them the field and hope to hell they don't score" mode.

Lucky said:
Can't we just go back to getting blown out?

We Put up a Good Fight, David Elway led a 100 Yard drive, but lost to hated Rival,Kyle Montana who threw a 99 Yard Pass to Derrick Rice

But Yeah, at least when they are i dont focus on them, and i could me school work, sure the shame, but there is a formula called Reggie Bush, and D,Brick

Dubya said:
It's not my style really, and I'm sorry if it came across that way.

Not saying you did or you didn't. I wasn't really paying that much attention myself. I was just rooting for the new coaching staff, whoever they're gonna be.

run-david-run said:
How do you describe what jsut happended?

On course for the first pick of the 2006 draft? That's how I describe what happened today.

It's either that or cry so I'm hanging on tightly to the only silver lining I can find.

oso said:
That's two lost in the last minute. All you had to do was hold them. I sure am glad we gave up Sharper and brought in Buchanon. Our defense rocks!

:sarcasm:

last two losses you can't blame on P-buc, sry...

tulexan said:
all i can say is wow. i never thought it could happen two weeks in a row. the bigger question is, which loss was worse?
At least last week you could see it coming, we were owned in the seoncd half. But today we outlplayed the Ravens, just couldnt execute...:brickwall

I hope more callers call in to the Capers Show tomorrow asking for his job. Wishfully Pendry and Fangio would be special guests and the same question can be posed to them as well. :hairpull:

More games like this are needed from Domanick Davis though. With that big ol contract that Casserly signed him to we're going to need him to really produce over the last few weeks of the season if we have any hope at all of moving him for a draft pick in the off season. We've got to convince some doorknob of a GM somewhere that the only thing keeping Davis from being the Pro Bowl starter every year is our lousy line. Somebody quick, get Matt Millen on the phone.

Goon said:
It's certainly cheaper than group therapy.

From the looks of it they are gonna have to form a support group for the fans .

TFA Texans Fans Anonymous - "Hi my name is Dave ........ and I'm a Texans Fan" :embarrass :heh: :texflag:

Malloy said:
last two losses you can't blame on P-buc, sry...
Not at all and I don't. I'm just lamenting the revision of the D during the offseason. Getting rid of Sharper and bringing in P-burnt were the two big mistake, IMO, and we're seeing why in these games (St. Louis and Balty). Can't lament last year forever, but every once in a while, the sting comes back to bite ya on the butt with particular intensity.

...at least we're losing Caper's way---last week it was 'build a lead' and sit on it--this week, it's 'keep it close, last team with ball has a chance to win'--both of these scenarios are part of 'coaching not to lose'---has anybody noticed that more and more announcers are refering to this philosophy?

tsip---has anybody noticed that more and more announcers are refering to this philosophy?[/QUOTE said:
That's sad. I think it's more messed up that the announcers are calling our mistakes right before they happen.

disaacks3 said:
My wife is just staring at me as I laugh at the screen...rather maniacally!!

I laughed that laugh last week at Reliant after the last play of the Rams game.

This feels like '94 and '83 all over again.....wait a minute.... there's a pattern there...

I busted an artery late in the third or early in the fourth against the Titans at Reliant in what was it, Week 4? It was then that I realized what we would have to endure the entire season. I've been pretty much numb and apathetic to this crap since then. It's a total waste of energy to even try to analyze what's going on.

Back