Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Kubiak but... the team needs some established blood in the coaching ranks, someone that knows how to get this team to believe in themselves. close out games get a killer instinct

sad part is that I have been trained by this team to expect the worst, I expect stupid crap like today and makes it hard for me to get happy until the game is over

sad part is that I have been trained by this team to expect the worst, I expect stupid crap like today and makes it hard for me to get happy until the game is over

And if we're feeling like that you can bet the team is also....we need somebody who can lead from the HC spot and instill confidence throughout the team. We need a coach who's been and won in these late season battles before.

Bring in the chin.

I really don't want to see a revolving door at the HC position. I would love to see Cowher on the Texans sidelines, but only if he is actually committed to this franchise. The last thing we need is a new HC every year or two.

Kubiak takes blame: Aside from the Week 6 victory at Cincinnati, the Texans have struggled to put together a consistent 60 minutes of football this season. That was true again on Sunday, when they gained 242 yards in the first half. They had 154 yards in the second half, but they picked up only three first downs and 52 yards before the Colts rallied to take a 21-20 lead midway through the fourth quarter.

The Texans also turned the ball over three times in the second half, resulting in 14 points for the Colts.

After the game, Kubiak took the blame for the Texans' inconsistency. Quarterback Matt Schaub chalked those words up to a coach trying to protect his players.

"That's just the type of coach he is, and he takes a lot of heat when he shouldn't," Schaub said. "That's on us as players. That game out there, we were set up to win that game and play well and we just didn't do it. We hurt ourselves all day, especially in the second half."

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=5863

as I said earlier, I liked early on that Kubiak took responsibility for issues, but this is year 4 with his own players and his own system.. that time is over. just makes me wonder how the players feel when during the game, when an important call from the sidelines come in.. I just feel that they don't trust the calls at times
and hence they play timid like the coach

Did you guys catch Manning in the presser saying that they got in that long pass to Austin Collie because the Texans were all celebrating the big hit on the play before?

Did you guys catch Manning in the presser saying that they got in that long pass to Austin Collie because the Texans were all celebrating the big hit on the play before?

That's because even down 17 Manning was a professional and didn't high five and hoop and hollar... that hurry up offense again bit our guys...

Nah but I believe it just because the fact he said that he "spotted" us points in the first half...class act I'd say the samething though.
:polevault:

The second that play was made I turned to my friend and said it was likely because we were all celebrating after that hit. Pathetic, they should all be fined for that crap.

Yeah, I had a feeling something was going to happen, when they realized what was going on they went to the WTF defense, and just stood there looking.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=5863

as I said earlier, I liked early on that Kubiak took responsibility for issues, but this is year 4 with his own players and his own system.. that time is over. just makes me wonder how the players feel when during the game, when an important call from the sidelines come in.. I just feel that they don't trust the calls at times
and hence they play timid like the coach

When you constantly say it's "your fault" people will start to believing it's "your fault". Kubiak isn't doing himself any favors with that old tiresome act.

I'm in.

It's been almost four years and we're no better off now than we were in year one.

In today's NFL, a coach can take a team to the playoffs the year after finishing last.

Kubiak has had more than enough time.

He's got to go.

Sorry, Gary. I really wanted it to work out for you.

The replay was still being shown on the big screen when the Colts snapped the ball.

How about our last offensive play of the half? We are inside the red zone with 3rd and 1, about a minute left, Colts still have a couple of TOs left and we have been running it down their throats but we decide to pass. Not only do we pass but instead of trying some high percentage short pass we go for the gold on a fade to Andre only Andre didn't get that memo and ran a different route. Even if Dre runs the right route that has got to be one of the lowest percentage plays we could have possibly drawn up in that situation, I was livid with that call. I think we were very fortunate that Manning didn't lead the Colts to a FG or worse following that.

With each loss I'm more firmly convinced that Kubiak is the next Belichick/Cowher/Fisher. They had losses too as beginning head coaches. This is fantastic!

:rolleyes:

The replay was still being shown on the big screen when the Colts snapped the ball.

I was looking over and talking to my son about the hit and looked back and they were running the ball out at midfield before I figured out they had already run another play.

With each loss I'm more firmly convinced that Kubiak is the next Belichick/Cowher/Fisher. They had losses too as beginning head coaches. This is fantastic!

:rolleyes:

I think Kubiak is MUCH closer to being the next Norv Turner than any of those high caliber coaches. Those guys coach smash mouth football, Kubiak's whole philosophy is soft as hell.

I kept my mouth shut the whole offseason and decided to give the guy a chance again. Even after the Cowboys debacle.

Now I'm back on the bandwagon.

I think George Bush might be the better Bush for the job. Hell, I'll take Barbara Bush, or the burning bush. Just give me any Bush that can draw up a game plan that accentuates the effect of the good talent, and limits the effect of the bad/young talent. Right now, he gets a big Giant F on both counts.

That's two Giant (puns intended) eggs laid at home out of 3 played. Great teams never lay an egg at home, good teams lay one or two MAX. Great teams go undefeated at home. Good teams win 6-7. They basically cannot lose again at home if they expect to be that good team we all thought they were.

I think George Bush might be the better Bush for the job. Hell, I'll take Barbara Bush, or the burning bush. Just give me any Bush that can draw up a game plan that accentuates the effect of the good talent, and limits the effect of the bad/young talent. Right now, he gets a big Giant F on both counts.

That's two Giant (puns intended) eggs laid at home out of 3 played. Great teams never lay an egg at home, good teams lay one or two MAX. Great teams go undefeated at home. Good teams win 6-7. They basically cannot lose again at home if they expect to be that good team we all thought they were.

And we know Bush would invest heavily into the defense!

Yes, this is a thread in favor of dumping Kubiak. No, I don't have nor want any pink soap. This is not a reactionary thread to today's loss but a cumulative evaluation due to his time here. I have been a proponent of Kubiak's for a long time now. I felt he was the right man for the job. It looks like I was wrong.

Frankly, most of you are going to roast me on this, but I think that outside of perhaps 12 players, our roster is void of real talent, and that they are merely overachieving within the scheme. Today was a great case in point. Yes, we were definitely outmanned, but the Giants today showed us that if you obliterate that scheme, Matt can't throw worth crap, our line can't block worth a darn, and our receivers' route running abilities are negated.

Our defense has always tried to be a scheme that doesn't work. With the exception of much better coaching than the last regime (which isn't saying much), I feel like we are still in the same position we have always been...we need a DT, FS, CB, and coverage LB. On offense we need a QB who doesn't throw funky balls for the whole first quarter and can make tough throws in good coverage without the receiver having to make an amazing play. I'm not saying Matt can't be that guy, but I hate that I have no faith in him winning us hames on his own like the elite QBs in the NFL can. It drives me nuts that he constantly underthrows receivers on passes that would be easy TDs all the time.

I know I'm going to get flack for this, but I really feel its time for a change. We have a horrid defense that can barely hold on to blowouts against bad teams, and a flashy offense that can only put up points when there is no expectations on them. The truly elite offenses don't get stonewalled as often as we do. And unless we have a defense that can score points and win games for us when they don't show up, we are still looking from the outside of the playoff race.

I love watching defense...the Texans constantly make me sick and livid with their play. I think it's time for a defensive guru.

Kubiak isn't the problem any more than Capers was. This is a defensive/QB issue...as its always been with this team. We should definitely give Frank Bush a week or twelve off.

I certainly do feel we took the first step towards the division cellar today. Colts won, Jags won, and *gag* the Titans got an early lead against the Cowboys

Here is the problem. You cannot fire coaches in the middle of the season. There is simply nobody better out there who can come in and do anything. Who could come in right now and do better?

Cowher? Nah. He likes a 3-4 D and a smash mouth power offense. We have neither. How would Cowher do any better running something he is unfamiliar?

Jon Gruden? Nah. He made his name off a studly Defense and one good year powered by a studly Oakland D. He is overated,

Jim Fassell: Pass.

Simply put there are no options for Head Coach right now. If you want to fire Kubiak after the season then wait to make this thread until after they have lost more games than they have won.

This was an offensive coordinator and DB coaching problem.

I think the phrase "Fire Kubiak" should be synonymous with "I can't put things in perspective so I'm going to assert an uninformed opinion."

Why do you guys always blame the coaches when they lose?

Or is this just a way to "vent"?

If the whole team plays poorly, then blame the coachs. If it's one or two players, then blame those few players. That's how I see it at least.

If the whole team plays poorly, then blame the coachs. If it's one or two players, then blame those few players. That's how I see it at least.

I agree. The whole team looks like crap the last 2 weeks.

Either it's a coaching problem, or Schaub is actually that bad. :rake:

And don't get me started on the defense.

If the players suck, the coaches had a hand in choosing the players and preparing them for the game.
If the game planning sucks, ....well that is entirely on the coaches.
having said that, I'm not quite ready ,yet, to become a pink soaper

It's the players. There is only one player in our secondary who ought to be starting for another team ,and he's a one-dimensional player that fits a certain style of defense. Our CBs do not win their individual matchups, and our safeties do not provide adequate help. That's not scheme, that's ability (or lack thereof).

Our LBs are good, but they do nothing to stop the underneath routes or stop the TEs. This team has been routinely tortured by TEs, except for when the other team is too busy throwing for even longer gains to their WRs.

We have two DEs, but no DTs. We have no one at DT worth starting on very many football teams. We're only two-deep at DE, now that Barwin is out. Our DTs just flat out do not win their individual battles. You can't pin that on coaching scheme.

However, every one of these players except AJ has been selected by Kubiak. Where you can further look at coaching is the fact that our corners almost never look back for the ball.

I feel bad for Kubes. He's a really good coach and his players love playing for him. The lack of talent in the secondary is not his fault, and he's only able to play the cards he's dealt. He gets his team to 3-1, is unbeaten in the AFC, still on top of the division, and has you armchair journalists whining about firing him.

He's a good coach. Just be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back