Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we are 7-9 or better at the end of the season, Kubiac and company have one more year. I was really hoping for the home town boy to take this team to the promised land, but it's not looking good right now.

I don't give a rat's tail about him being a hometown boy. Does he gets his team prepared to play?

No. Time to move on.

I think if we are 7-9 or better at the end of the season, Kubiac and company have one more year. I was really hoping for the home town boy to take this team to the promised land, but it's not looking good right now.

I hope you are wrong Thorn because 8-8 is about the best I think Kubiak can do as head coach. I don't want another year of mediocre football. I want a winner on the field. Is that too much to ask for in Houston? I see 5 or 6 wins looking at our remaining schedule. That would put us right in the area where you are saying Kubiak will get another year. Please Texans. Either win more than 8 games or lose enough to see a new coaching staff here. Please don't leave us dog paddling in this cesspool of mediocrity.

Sun. 18 @ Bengals (good team)
Sun. 25 49ERS (will be coming off a bye after a disasterous loss. Singletary will have his team motivated)
Sun. 1 @ Bills (terrible team with a bad qb)
Sun. 8 @ Colts (yikes)
BYE 15
Mon. 23 TITANS (Vince Young returns but we should beat em)
Sun. 29 COLTS (yikes again)
Sun. 6 @ Jaguars (not very good but capable of beating us)
Sun. 13 SEAHAWKS (beat the crap out of the Jags)
Sun. 20 @ Rams (bad team)
Sun. 27 @ Dolphins (bad team but dangerous)
Sun. 3 PATRIOTS (it depends on if the Patriots need this game for the playoffs because I'm sure we won't)

Don't take my post the wrong way guys. Do I want Kubiak to win and take us to the Super Bowl and we all live happily everyafter with our hometown coach? You bet I do. However, if Kubiak can't win, then he's gotta go, simple as that.

I think a lot of people need to put their fire Kubiak pistols back in their holsters. There was a long discussion about this in the off season, and many vocal posters, and I believe the majority of the board, were very clear that Kubiak deserved another year, that he was building the Texans "the right way" i.e. slowly, and that those that didn't agree with this were pessimists and worse. Those that liked the way Kubiak did things then should be happy now. Nothing has changed.

As it turns out, this is just the type of performance we pessimists (known to outside observers as "realists") expected. I'm not that disappointed in this season because the team is meeting my expectations.

I'm sure that soon I'll be reading how the next game will prove what the Texans are made of. I think this Cardinals game has already showed us that - again. However, the next game will be a crucial step in the slow building of a better 8-8 team.
I think he did deserve to show he could do it another year, but he has just shown us he can only make the team mediocre in just short of half a decade. McNair re-upped David Carr and extended his contract to ensure the team paid him 60 million dollars when it was pretty obvious he had a dog on his hands.....so I see Kubiak here next season aw-shucking his way to another 8-8 season. At the end of next year Andre Johnson will be in his 9th season and at the end of his career...ready for the next 6 year plan to bring this town a winner. What a waste.

Don't take my post the wrong way guys. Do I want Kubiak to win and take us to the Super Bowl and we all live happily everyafter with our hometown coach? You bet I do. However, if Kubiak can't win, then he's gotta go, simple as that.

Why do I always feel the need to rep you? :thinking:

My post wasn't directed at you but at the idea of Kubiak getting another year if he goes at least 7-9. It would be an extremely long offseason, season and then another offseason just to see a coaching change. I asked McClain on his blog if he thought Kubiak would get another year if we 8-8 or less again and he said yes. He thought it would take a disaster like 5-11 or 4-12 to see him runoff.

My post wasn't directed at you but at the idea of Kubiak getting another year if he goes at least 7-9. It would be an extremely long offseason, season and then another offseason just to see a coaching change. I asked McClain on his blog if he thought Kubiak would get another year if we 8-8 or less again and he said yes. He thought it would take a disaster like 5-11 or 4-12 to see him runoff.
what the hell is the difference in 5-11 and 7-9? I mean really. Either record is the same net result.

I hate to say this (for several reasons), but i agree with McClain.

If we miss the playoffs, and win less than 7 games, I would hope enough is enough and we get another HC. If we have another 8-8 season, and Kubes is still here next year, it'll be his last if we aren't in the playoffs for the 2010 season.

God, I hate saying I agree with McClain.

what the hell is the difference in 5-11 and 7-9? I mean really. Either record is the same net result.

I agree Vinny. I was as stunned at the answer he gave as you. I just hope he is wrong.
The Texans are on the NFL feeder road while everyone is in the fast lane trying to pass the slower vehicles. This organization hasn't figured out that the NFL moves faster than a marketing campaign. We'll be consistent and do the same thing we did with David Carr. Unable to figure out what we have, we burn a few years for no good reason.

Either Smith needs to start bringing in men, or Kubiak needs to do a better job of coaching up the kids. The kids just can't get it done in the red zone.

As long as ReliantWorld can boast of XX consecutive sellouts, the marketing company known as the Houston Texans stays profitable. Winning, of course, would be a bonus (more potential games at ReliantWorld), but, in the end they provide a great gameday experience that is fun for the whole family.

Oh yeah, about that football coach, Mr. McNair thinks he's neat-O, so you can expect another year if the losses don't get too bad and threaten the precious ticket sales. H-town has proven time and time again that we'll support a .500/mediocre product as long as it provides great entertainment value. Aren't our jerseys nice? :gun:

That time out with about a min left inside the Arizona 10 was ludacris. We wanted them to have time left if we scored.

Kaiser Toro said:
Either Smith needs to start bringing in men, or Kubiak needs to do a better job of coaching up the kids. The kids just can't get it done in the red zone.

I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for the former. I think Smith proved his chops as a great finder of talent when he picked up those two defensive lineman (Maddox and someone?) his first season here. When they helped the D, that gave him an instant reputation as a smart guy who really new what he was doing. I think that rep lingers to this day, even though he's about an average GM. If he's as great and error free as he's made out to be, this team wouldn't still have so many holes.

I guess I won't hold my breath for the latter either. I'm not a daredevil.

That time out with about a min left inside the Arizona 10 was ludacris. We wanted them to have time left if we scored.

It was taken after the incomplete pass to Dreesen on 3rd down. The clock wasn't going to start before the next snap anyway. In the end it served no purpose since the strategy session they used the time out to have was obviously a failure, but not taking it wouldn't have used one second more of the clock.

I think the Texans played well and the coaching staff did a good job. Bottom line its up to the players to excecute. Did Kubiak throw the GW pick? Did Kubiak fail to get the one yard...did Kubiak Overthrow receiver in endzone..no.

Sure I would have liked to have seen a boot leg or a fake FB hand off and a toss but that didnt happen.

Also dont forget the cards d-line made plays..they arent playing solitaire out there you know.

I am proud of my team...sure they lost but they played well and looked like the better team. fire Kubiak....no.

Cmon calm down....dont get trigger happy with the coaches..what team do you want to look like the Rockettes....how is the multiple coaching changes working out there.

Dude, game's not over.

I believe Marcus is preemptively warning people who start "Fire Gary" threads that they will be moved here. He is bumping the thread in anticipation of the many posts that are being written as we speak.

WTF? It's Kubiak's fault fro the bonehead penalties? Maybe so if this was a common occurrence....but this game is very much an anomaly.

I'm almost certain that wasn't Kubiak out there missing kicks, dropping passes, missing tackles, and getting beat up in the trenches.

I could be wrong.

I'm almost certain that wasn't Kubiak out there missing kicks, dropping passes, missing tackles, and getting beat up in the trenches.

I could be wrong.

- how about starting your 3rd string RB over the other two?
- how about piss poor clock management
- how about piss poor playcalling in the ENTIRE first half.
- how about piss poor defense scheme against a guy that can't throw the ball to beat you.. he RUNS the ball to beat you.. where is our QB spy.. )(@*$)(*@$(@*

- how about piss poor defense scheme against a guy that can't throw the ball to beat you.. he RUNS the ball to beat you.. where is our QB spy.. )(@*$)(*@$(@*

QB spy was stopping Chris Johnson from breaking off TD runs...that combination is dangerous however, it wont last because VY is going to end up being constantly injured.

first half play calling was stellar in comparison to the second half (that RB screen play near the GL)

He didn't fumble. It doesn't matter if you run up and down the field if you put the rock on the ground.

I don't follow. The last drive of the game was as close to perfect as it gets, minus KB missing the kick.

We drove down the field into field goal range, and even had time to center the ball for the easy kick.

What more do you want?

You mean when we scored 14 points in the ENTIRE first half?

Who is the defensive coordinator?

Hint: It's not Kubiak.

QB spy was stopping Chris Johnson from breaking off TD runs...that combination is dangerous however, it wont last because VY is going to end up being constantly injured.

first half play calling was stellar in comparison to the second half (that RB screen play near the GL)

Here's a clue, when it's 3rd and > 5 yards and they spread the field.. PUT SOMEONE ON VINCE... Rushing 4 and going man under he's going to run the ball, he's not going to throw, he threw for 100 yards, who cares about that.. Stop him on 3rd > 5 for the 3-4 times he ran for the first downs and you WIN the game.

He should have taken a shot down field at the end of the game and still would've had time to kick a FG if not...nevermind about the FG part

Another year, same ol' Gary "It's on me guys" Kubiak.

I'm getting my "fire Kubiak" bandwagon gassed up. I drove it around after last season, but put it in the garage to give him one more chance at the beginning of this season. The same issues I had with him last year still exist. We need a change. We need a winning attitude, and that's not going to come from Kubiak.

Another year, same ol' Gary "It's on me guys" Kubiak.

I'm getting my "fire Kubiak" bandwagon gassed up. I drove it around after last season, but put it in the garage to give him one more chance at the beginning of this season. The same issues I had with him last year still exist. We need a change. We need a winning attitude, and that's not going to come from Kubiak.

Let me know when you gas it up, I'll chip in..

FWIW, John Clayton was discussing Shanahan this morning, and stated that Shanahan might wait for the end of year to make a decision as better jobs open up like Dallas and Houston.

Nothing earth shattering on Shanahan, but was interested how Houston came into his thought process. Perhaps, back room talk is starting to come to the fore front.

I'm starting to edge that way again.

Every time we get a decent lead Kubes reigns in the offense. He just doesn't have a killer instinct. Everything else is there.

Stick a fork in Kubes. He's done.

And if I am Mcnair, I'm already dialing CBS and asking to speak to Cowher.

We finally get the running game going and we decide to just quit running in the 4th quarter. This happens far too often. I'm sure tomorrow Kubiak will say that they "got away from it a little bit".

Same **** every year.

Stick a fork in Kubes. He's done.

And if I am Mcnair, I'm already dialing CBS and asking to speak to Cowher.

Coming soon Sundays to Reliant Stadium. The Bill Cowher Power Hour!

Let Kubiack Stay and serve as CO-offensive Co-ordiator. He's done.

I'm starting to edge that way again.

Every time we get a decent lead Kubes reigns in the offense. He just doesn't have a killer instinct. Everything else is there.

Pretty much. Team plays an awful first half of football. Followed by flatness by the entire team. It is pathetic how flat we came out in the 2nd half.

On another note, does anyone else notice how pathetically bad Dunta Robinson was/is game after game? they could definitely make a highlight reel for opposing WRs making plays against him this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back