Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Actual And Real 2016 Texans' Talk Mock Draft Extravaganza

I've got @beerlover 's pick for the Saints.

Thomas Duarte, WR/TE, UCLA

AR-140419381.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Last edited:
Bears Draft

1. Jack Conklin OT Michigan St.
2. Hunter Henry TE Arkansas
3. Jonathan Bullard DT/DE Florida
4. Jalen Mills CB/S LSU
4. James Bradberry CB/S Samford
5. T.J. Green S Clemson
6. Daniel Lasco RB Cal
6. Daniel Braverman WR Western Michigan
7. Matt Skura C/OG Duke

I love this draft for the Bears.

1. Conklin- I think he can step in and start at LT. You wont find a tougher OL in this draft. Even if he fails at LT he can be an all pro OG.
2. Hunter Henry- My #1 rated TE in this draft and at a position of need for the Bears.
3. Bullard- Surprised he was still available. Great Quickness and surpriing strength to hold the POA. Perfect guy to drop down to DT and rush McPhee/Houston from the outside in nickel packages. Disruptive
4. Jalen Mills- 2nd Rd talent that fell to the 4th. Steal.
4. Bradberry- As talented as any CB in this draft. Tall/Long arms/Fluid and can run. It may take awhile for Bradberry to get caught up to NFL level of competition. But when he does you have your next Peanut Tillman.
5. T.J. Green- I've seen him in the late 1st in some mocks, talent is there. He has great speed and hands. Needs to get better with his recognition. NFL coaching should really help this guy reach his massive potential. Helps ST's immediately. A steal at this point in the draft.
6. Daniel Lasco- I've been keeping up with this guy since he played at the Woodlands. Good all around RB. Runs hard, can catch the ball out of the backfield. is good in pass pro which should get him on the field early in his career. Break away speed. He's better than Jeremy Langford. IMHO. Only downfall is Lasco needs to stay healthy. Injuries have been and issue.
6. Daniel Braverman - Slot WR with 4.4 speed. quick in and out of his breaks, great hands. Small, only question is does he have the size to make it in the NFL? Welker/Amendola/EddieRoyal were all small guys who made it. I think Braverman will replace Royal when he gets hurt again and have a long career.
7. Skura- What Skura lacks in athletic ability he makes up for by being smart/strong and tough. Reminds me of Roberto Garza. He will have a long career. This guy is as good as Ben Jones was for the Texans.

Thoughts.

Bears Draft

1. Jack Conklin OT Michigan St.
2. Hunter Henry TE Arkansas
3. Jonathan Bullard DT/DE Florida
4. Jalen Mills CB/S LSU
4. James Bradberry CB/S Samford
5. T.J. Green S Clemson
6. Daniel Lasco RB Cal
6. Daniel Braverman WR Western Michigan
7. Matt Skura C/OG Duke

I love this draft for the Bears.

1. Conklin- I think he can step in and start at LT. You wont find a tougher OL in this draft. Even if he fails at LT he can be an all pro OG.
2. Hunter Henry- My #1 rated TE in this draft and at a position of need for the Bears.
3. Bullard- Surprised he was still available. Great Quickness and surpriing strength to hold the POA. Perfect guy to drop down to DT and rush McPhee/Houston from the outside in nickel packages. Disruptive
4. Jalen Mills- 2nd Rd talent that fell to the 4th. Steal.
4. Bradberry- As talented as any CB in this draft. Tall/Long arms/Fluid and can run. It may take awhile for Bradberry to get caught up to NFL level of competition. But when he does you have your next Peanut Tillman.
5. T.J. Green- I've seen him in the late 1st in some mocks, talent is there. He has great speed and hands. Needs to get better with his recognition. NFL coaching should really help this guy reach his massive potential. Helps ST's immediately. A steal at this point in the draft.
6. Daniel Lasco- I've been keeping up with this guy since he played at the Woodlands. Good all around RB. Runs hard, can catch the ball out of the backfield. is good in pass pro which should get him on the field early in his career. Break away speed. He's better than Jeremy Langford. IMHO. Only downfall is Lasco needs to stay healthy. Injuries have been and issue.
6. Daniel Braverman - Slot WR with 4.4 speed. quick in and out of his breaks, great hands. Small, only question is does he have the size to make it in the NFL? Welker/Amendola/EddieRoyal were all small guys who made it. I think Braverman will replace Royal when he gets hurt again and have a long career.
7. Skura- What Skura lacks in athletic ability he makes up for by being smart/strong and tough. Reminds me of Roberto Garza. He will have a long career. This guy is as good as Ben Jones was for the Texans.

Thoughts.

I'm not sure that Conklin is a LT at the next level but he can surely be a great RT. And the Bears need one since Long is going back down to OG.

Bullard and Mills both get penalized for being tweeners but they can play. Bullard is a great fit there.

I don't think Lasco is anything even remotely close to Langford but I've always liked Langford more than most. What Lasco can be is an immediate upgrade at the backup position and also steal some third down work. He's a good pick that late.

I can't believe he'll fall this far

scouting emphasis on 40 times for WR's. Oregon players all look quick & fast as hell on tape but when measured not so much. Then they're often undersized, considered products of system. Until they catch on & have success next level I would tend to look elsewhere. But when they have a blue chip they really stand out. Ngata, Mariota, Buckner.

Last edited:
On his big board he posted I believe he would have Roger Lewis - WR as bpa

But they've already drafted Doctson and Shepard.

They've also got:

Joe Haeg, OT
KJ Dillon, SS
Dean Lowry, DE
Alex Lewis OT

I'm not sure another WR would be in the cards. What do you think?

The Detroit Lions, who have entirely too many picks and who will probably make some trades to improve their draft positions, had the following haul:

16 - Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
46 - Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh
95 - Charles Tapper, DE, Oklahoma
111 - Will Redmond, CB, Mississippi State
151 - Rashard Higgins, WR, Colorado State
169 - Eric Striker, OLB, Oklahoma
191 - Cole Toner, OT, Harvard
202 - Jason Fanaika, DE, Utah
210 - Kelvin Taylor, RB, Florida
235 - Kevin Byard, SS, Middle Tennessee

I'm happy with that.

With the Colts, I decided to try to address some of their line issues.

18 - Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana
48 - Vadal Alexander, OG, LSU
82 - Adolphus Washington, DT, Ohio State
116 - Jack Allen, C, Michigan State
155 - Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia
238 - Bralon Addison, WR, Oregon

Minnesota selects Gotsis DL Georgia Tech.

Sorry again I see you guys had to pick for me a couple of picks back. I was going to take Gotsis then Maliek Collins DL Nebraska with this pick but that's fine.

Collins was taken in the 5th round at #148 and Gotsis was taken in the 6th at #194

I guess mussop left the forum thinking he had made the pick. Maybe we should look for a DT in this spot? Maybe Darius Latham out of Indiana?

Last edited:
Antwaun Woods, DT, Southern Cal
Luther Maddy, DT, Virginia Tech
Connor Wujciak, DT, Boston College
A. J. Zuttah, DT, Dartmouth

Those are the top 4 DTs left on my board, in the order that they're on my board. So I'd vote Antwaun Woods.

Feeling good overall with the Bengals haul.

24 - Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
55 - Austin Johnson, DL, Penn St.
87 - Carl Nassib, DE, Penn St.
122 - Leonte Carroo, WR, Rutgers
161 - Tajae Sharpe, WR, UMass
199 - DeAndre Houston-Carson, S, William & Mary
245 - Darrell Greene, G, San Diego St.

Why I like this draft is because of what can be so frustrating about the actual draft and why I like having fun with this annual exercise. Wanted Josh Doctson rd 1, nope. Dammit mussop. Wanted Sterling Shepard rd 2, nope. Kindly, eat a d*ck mussop. Wanted Malcolm Mitchell rd 3, nope. Eff you mussop ... just out of habit. But each time I got to rethink my strategy and take the most valuable player according to roster breakdown. In the end I think the team would be roundly better with this draft. Cover corner priority, defensive line inside & out, versatility to the wideouts, and depth & competition to S and OL.

Happy drafting and great job to everyone keeping this thing afloat.

But each time I got to rethink my strategy and take the most valuable player according to roster breakdown. In the end I think the team would be roundly better with this draft. Cover corner priority, defensive line inside & out, versatility to the wideouts, and depth & competition to S and OL.
Yep, I don't think the Bengals have to force WR. They have 2 major targets in Green and Eifert. I think they would be better served going for heady defenders. And I think you accomplished that.

Why I like this draft is because of what can be so frustrating about the actual draft and why I like having fun with this annual exercise. Wanted Josh Doctson rd 1, nope. Dammit mussop. Wanted Sterling Shepard rd 2, nope. Kindly, eat a d*ck mussop. Wanted Malcolm Mitchell rd 3, nope. Eff you mussop ... just out of habit. But each time I got to rethink my strategy and take the most valuable player according to roster breakdown. In the end I think the team would be roundly better with this draft. Cover corner priority, defensive line inside & out, versatility to the wideouts, and depth & competition to S and OL.

Happy drafting and great job to everyone keeping this thing afloat.

I think you hit the nail on the head. We usually say BPA according to need or something similar. But that, I think, misses the point, where MVP really brings it home. Semantics, "staying true to our board" may be better... but I like MVP.

This is the first mock I've ever been a part of & things definitely didn't go as I'd have hoped. A lot of times there were players rated better on my board, but for whatever reason I didn't value that player as much as the guy I eventually took.

With the #247 pick Seattle selects:

Terrance Smith - LB, Florida St

-fsuncst097514gb26.jpg20140927.jpg

Athletic LB that lacks instincts and needs to be more physical getting off blocks and making tackles. Could be a useful player in passing situations if we can improve him in those areas. Interesting tidbit that I didn't know but found out when I was searching for a picture. His cousin is our very own DeAndre Hopkins.

Back