Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Wide Receivers

And yet, around here he was called a bust as late as this spring because he couldn't stay healthy

To that point he was. He had missed 10 of 34 games, hadn’t cracked 40 catches or 500 yards in a season, never even had an 100 yard game, and 3 picks were given up to draft him. This year was his make or break season. Fortunately it was a make.

To that point he was. He had missed 10 of 34 games, hadn’t cracked 40 catches or 500 yards in a season, never even had an 100 yard game, and 3 picks were given up to draft him. This year was his make or break season. Fortunately it was a make.
I like the make or break reference. I do think it’s important to recognize that one can’t be a bust “at that point”. They either are or aren’t. Otherwise it’s just flip flop back and forth between a bust label of not. Just call ‘em a fringe player if they’re in between labels.

I like the make or break reference. I do think it’s important to recognize that one can’t be a bust “at that point”. They either are or aren’t. Otherwise it’s just flip flop back and forth between a bust label of not. Just call ‘em a fringe player if they’re in between labels.

Generally I agree but the giving up 3 picks part of it plays a role. If you’re giving up that much you need to be a bigger factor. Now QB and even OC was probably part of the problem his first 2 years, so there’s that. Well, that and his health. Or maybe 7 elevates the play of everyone around him much like 18 did for so long in Indy. I don’t know but either way, Nico needed to start putting up numbers. He did so I think any bust talk can be put to bed.

So, regarding wide receiver, in your opinion(s), who most likely will be off the board by the time we pick in the 1st?

Which will leave who?

Three low round picks.

Some posters just need to admit that Caserio is better at his job than they would be. He came out of that draft with an impact player and a couple of depth pieces without first or second rd picks.

Great job Caserio.

Do the Texans have to draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd? Caserio has been pretty good with drafting WRs in the 3rd round?

If he can find a Tank Dell in the 3rd round, I don’t see why he can’t find another. 40 speeds are not important as much separation skills. And whoever they bring in to interview, I hope they include CJ in on it.

Which is why calling a pick a bust after 1 or 2 years is nonsense
Well, you've got examples such as Tony Mandarich, Jamarcus Russell, & Johnny Manzeil where 1 or 2 years were more than enough. & there are a lot more.

But yeah, in the case of Nico, where he performed when he was on the field... silly.

If he can find a Tank Dell in the 3rd round, I don’t see why he can’t find another. 40 speeds are not important as much separation skills. And whoever they bring in to interview, I hope they include CJ in on it.
Those are easy to find and contribute immediately.

Well, you've got examples such as Tony Mandarich, Jamarcus Russell, & Johnny Manzeil where 1 or 2 years were more than enough. & there are a lot more.

But yeah, in the case of Nico, where he performed when he was on the field... silly.
There are many more that follow Collins career path than the guys you listed career path.

Noah Brown expected to be active today. Him and Nico fill the same role in the offense. They have never had a big game at the same time, usually when one of them is out the other has a big game. Now is as good a time as any to get them both involved!

Nico and Brown are the big play threats in this offense now, need those explosive plays from both of them.

Noah Brown expected to be active today. Him and Nico fill the same role in the offense. They have never had a big game at the same time, usually when one of them is out the other has a big game. Now is as good a time as any to get them both involved!

Nico and Brown are the big play threats in this offense now, need those explosive plays from both of them.
I just hope Brown does a better job of catching the ball than last time they played the Browns.

Completely agree especially since we're indoors at NRG rather than in cleveland. Both on field at the same time or rotate them frequently to keep them fresh all four quarters. I hope to see CJ go air ballistic!

Ain't it great to have a team that FAs would want to come to? Who wouldn't want Stroud throwing them passes? Collins and AJ Brown would be a killer duo.
yes sir! Per Spotrac a June 1st trade dead cap $ hit for Eagles $10.5 & 31m ~ for 2025. As with similar situations historically, Eagles like other teams should grab the best trade offer they can get and move on especially if they can grab another wide receiver in this deep draft. Also I can see Brown reworking his contract in 2026 to ease up on his cap hit. I don't think this guy is a troublemaker just frustrated with previous teams management and the way they used him. This guy is a dog who wants to get in the fight.

I'm not an NFL coach so I'm sure I'm missing something but you would think this offense would be sooooo much more explosive if Brevan was in the game as much as Beck.
Agreed, I'm thinking that Jordan hasn't learned how to play the H-Back position and he's undersized for the TE position, so that limits his time on the field.

Agreed, and I hope this if over now with Meco and Nick, but would like to see them stop drafting tweeners they have no plan for.
In that draft with no high picks and a roster that needed to be gutted, Caserio was looking to add athletes that they could develop and help out on ST's.

Now days with Ryans/Slowik they can draft players that are specific to how they fit in Ryans/Slowik's offense/defense.

Three low round picks.

Some posters just need to admit that Caserio is better at his job than they would be. He came out of that draft with an impact player and a couple of depth pieces without first or second rd picks.

Great job Caserio.
He’s not perfect, don’t forget he picked Nico over Amon-Ra St Brown. I like Nico, but Amon-Ra is better.

How confident are we going into another season with Nico Collins, Tank Dell, Noah Brown, Robert Woods and Xavier Hutchinson?
Noah Brown and Dalton Schultz are free agents.
If they all stay healthy, yeah, we could manage.
Me, I'm hoping to see a nice new potential WR #1 added to the roster from the draft and this is a very rich receiver draft - one of the best I've seen.

Back