Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Wide Receivers

TE Teagan Quitoriano should be back next year. He was on IR but I smell "redshirt".

Perhaps they get another smurf in the draft for a Dell backup....

Let’s give the dude a bit of time, he’s one year removed from cancer treatment FFS. Personally I didn’t expect much this year. I can’t imagine trying to beat cancer and then come back and play at the highest level in the world at football…,,,

I'm not without sympathy to his plight but one has to contribute or it becomes the Not For Long league. He's probably going to get another year, I think.

The Texans went through something similar with David Quessenberry. They eventually parted ways and Quessenberry went on to have three seasons with the Titans, one with the Bills and this year with the Vikings.

I'm not without sympathy to his plight but one has to contribute or it becomes the Not For Long league. He's probably going to get another year, I think.

The Texans went through something similar with David Quessenberry. They eventually parted ways and Quessenberry went on to have three seasons with the Titans, one with the Bills and this year with the Vikings.
Another camp, for sure. I expect the Texans to bring in additional WRs through FA and the draft. Metchie's lack of special teams contributions could hurt his chances to make the team in 2024. He'll have to show that the player at Alabama is back.
Coaches aren't near as demanding as ya'll are. He won't be cut before his contract expires if he stays healthy.

I’d draft WR- Wilson (Florida State) or WR- Rice (USC) and WR- McCaffrey (Rice) and call it a day.

Collins, Dell, Metchie, Hutchinson, Wilson or Rice, and McCaffrey would give Stroud his receiving targets.

Re-Sign Schultz, draft TE- Wiley (TCU), “Q”, and Jordan would keep the TE’s productive.

There are definitely some intriguing options at WR this offseason. I'd love to see what the Bengals are going to do with Tee Higgins this offseason, probably going to be tagged but we will see. I like the idea of Calvin Ridley if the price is right and he's not looking to break the bank. He would be my ideal candidate to pair with Nico and Tank. A sleeper that not a ton of people are talking about but I also am interested in is Curtis Samuel, constantly puts up 600 yards and 4-5 Tds a year with Middling Qb production while being a 3rd option. This is my sleeper. Would fit in nicely with Nico, Tank, Metchi and Hutchinson. Wont cost a ton and could fill in nicely. There are also a Ton of Wr's we could pick up in the 2nd to 4th round of the draft that I feel could come in and instantly contribute.

Most especially considering who's going to be throwing to them. As long as they can run and catch CJ will make a star out of them. LOL
Well exactly lol.. They don't have to be an absolute stud just be competent and create a little separation and be able to catch the ball when the opportunity presents itself. Unfortunately, Metchie and Hutchinson didn't impress me really at all with the opportunity they were given.

Not to be ignorant, but y'all have other needs than a shiny new toy at WR. Nico and Dell are 1a/1b. Depth is always nice but don't go out spending premium at a position that very well could be a strength already

Not to be ignorant, but y'all have other needs than a shiny new toy at WR. Nico and Dell are 1a/1b. Depth is always nice but don't go out spending premium at a position that very well could be a strength already
Absolutely, was just throwing a few names out there if we did spend on WR. Im all for Nico and Tank. Its just nice to have a real 3rd Option and I do see the Texans addressing this spot this offseason being through the draft most likely or signing someone like a Brown, or Samuels for that 3rd spot.

Absolutely, was just throwing a few names out there if we did spend on WR. Im all for Nico and Tank. Its just nice to have a real 3rd Option and I do see the Texans addressing this spot this offseason being through the draft most likely or signing someone like a Brown, or Samuels for that 3rd spot.

Right but saying we need Mike Evans or drafting a WR high in the first round isn't wise at all. We have more needs beyond WR that need to be addressed.

Right but saying we need Mike Evans or drafting a WR high in the first round isn't wise at all. We have more needs beyond WR that need to be addressed.

I see what you're saying, but I'm not going to lie I don't see us as a powerhouse running team. We will have basically the same Oline next season and they aren't the best at run blocking. Not to mention having a WR like Evans along with Nico and Dell sounds pretty damn exciting to me.

I see what you're saying, but I'm not going to lie I don't see us as a powerhouse running team. We will have basically the same Oline next season and they aren't the best at run blocking. Not to mention having a WR like Evans along with Nico and Dell sounds pretty damn exciting to me.

Then fix your OL. Go get a solid RB. In fact I'd argue that Stroud should have more blocking because teams like the Ravens, while they might not have sacked him, they were definitely getting to my boy Stroud

A lot of ways to skin a cat. I'm not advocating one way or the other but I won't be crying if Nico & Dell are the 2nd & 3rd best receivers on our roster.

Then fix your OL. Go get a solid RB. In fact I'd argue that Stroud should have more blocking because teams like the Ravens, while they might not have sacked him, they were definitely getting to my boy Stroud
You remember playing against our 3rd string IOL. We've got a lot to work with on the OL from previous investments. Better coaching & better health will go a long way towards fixing our OL.

I would be surprised if we don't do something substantial at RB.

You remember playing against our 3rd string IOL. We've got a lot to work with on the OL from previous investments. Better coaching & better health will go a long way towards fixing our OL.

DeMeco and Caserio both said the running game needs to be addressed. They both strike me as types to give significant addition to an area they deem a weakness.

The OL you had in the playoff game, where the Ravens were seemingly always in his face forcing him to scramble and make passes that weren't as crisp as they could have otherwise been... That was your 3rd string?

The OL you had in the playoff game, where the Ravens were seemingly always in his face forcing him to scramble and make passes that weren't as crisp as they could have otherwise been... That was your 3rd string?
LG and Center, yes. Mason at RG was the starter from day one. Fant at RT was 2nd string. Tunsil at LT, of course, was starter from day one. Hopefully we'll be healthy by training camp and we can start over. We may or may not resign Fant, who's a FA, and Howard, our projected starter at RT may not make it back for 2024 with his serious injury. We'll probably be looking to draft a RT, or sign a FA.

Last edited:
Well exactly lol.. They don't have to be an absolute stud just be competent and create a little separation and be able to catch the ball when the opportunity presents itself. Unfortunately, Metchie and Hutchinson didn't impress me really at all with the opportunity they were given.
I want to see what Stroud can do if he's given a stud WR/RB. I dont like the attitude of they can just add a guy and Stroud will make him great. Want to have a great offense? Then add great players. What was Montana without Rice/Taylor Craig?

They scored 3 points against your Ravens. A big reason for this was the lack of playmakers with the ability to make the Ravens pay for blitzing the middle of the OL. A stud WR/RB are the weapons needed to create mismatches to help Stroud succeed. Let me ask you, what skill position player on the Texans did the Ravens fear? Collins, and they could double Collins and take him out of the game.

Getting healthy on the OL will be the single biggest thing that could help Stroud out. They do need to find a RT though, if Tuanaga is there at 1-23, I would pick him.

I want to see what Stroud can do if he's given a stud WR/RB. I dont like the attitude of they can just add a guy and Stroud will make him great. Want to have a great offense? Then add great players. What was Montana without Rice/Taylor Craig?

I totally agree. We need one more explosive piece/matchup nightmare on offense. Hopkins would be nice to have. However, he doesn't get us what we need: a vertical field difference-maker (or a threat in space). On top of that, I would rather have Robert Woods in a similar role, not because he is as good as Hopkins but because he is less expensive, a much more physical and willing blocker against LBs and DEs, and he can help on special teams... all of which is more helpful as a depth piece on a championship-caliber team

.....raises hand......

A lineman. Pick a side if you like. If Greenard stays, I'd go OL, if not replace Greenard with 1.23.
I go one way then the other.
I think we can get a decent WR in the 2nd and even a RT in the 3rd.
4th you go RB.
That would leave 1.23 open for DL or DB.

What's your take on 1.23?

I actually trust the Casserio/Ryans regime. I am fascinated to see their plan unfold. My guess is we go after 1 or 2 difference-makers in free agency, re-sign abunch of our 30+ free agents, end up with a haul of late round compensatory picks for the draft, target the WR of our liking and move up from 1.23 in the draft to get him.

He won a sb minus those guys, but I get your point

I totally agree. We need one more explosive piece/matchup nightmare on offense. Hopkins would be nice to have. However, he doesn't get us what we need: a vertical field difference-maker (or a threat in space). On top of that, I would rather have Robert Woods in a similar role, not because he is as good as Hopkins but because he is less expensive, a much more physical and willing blocker against LBs and DEs, and he can help on special teams... all of which is more helpful as a depth piece on a championship-caliber team
Nico and Dell get vertical. Somehow a guy like Hopkins always seem to get vertical also.

I actually trust the Casserio/Ryans regime. I am fascinated to see their plan unfold. My guess is we go after 1 or 2 difference-makers in free agency, re-sign abunch of our 30+ free agents, end up with a haul of late round compensatory picks for the draft, target the WR of our liking and move up from 1.23 in the draft to get him.
Caserio can go several ways in the draft but the two I think are on the table is using a 4th to move up in the 3rd or second round.
He could also use the 3rd to move up in the 1st - if he does that, he could possibly cobble the two 4ths together and move up to fill the void left by using the 3rd.

Caserio can go several ways in the draft but the two I think are on the table is using a 4th to move up in the 3rd or second round.
He could also use the 3rd to move up in the 1st - if he does that, he could possibly cobble the two 4ths together and move up to fill the void left by using the 3rd.
I could see Caserio using his 3rd and a 4th to move up to the middle/top of the 3rd to get a player he really likes, like he did with Dell last yr. I could also see him packaging a couple of the 7ths to move up into the 6th.

I could see Caserio using his 3rd and a 4th to move up to the middle/top of the 3rd to get a player he really likes, like he did with Dell last yr. I could also see him packaging a couple of the 7ths to move up into the 6th.
It will be interesting to see if we wind up with any compensatories.

Our offensive line situation this year, especially LG and C, was a nightmare.

RG: Shaq Mason was signed as a FA and came in and played most of the year, starting every game and only missing a few snaps here and there. He was just meh.

LT: Tunsil's great, especially with pass blocking. But he was injured for part of the year, and finished the year playing with leg and groin issues that were hampering him.

RT: Howard was supposed to be our starter but got injured (and iirc went on IR). Fant came in and played much better than expected and started for most of the season at RT, although he also got injured here and there and also had to shift over to LT at times. Heck also played some spot duty.

C: Quessenberry was our projected starter (he was the starter last year) but everyone expected Scruggs (a rook) to be our C. Quessenberry went down early in training came, and Scruggs came in and was the starter throughout the preseason. Scruggs got injured right before the season started. Patterson (a rook) was put into the starting lineup and started the first few games, playing surprisingly well, and then he went on IR. Then Dieter, who had been signed in FA and then cut to the PS, and then promoted from the PS to the regular roster, became our starter for the majority of the season.

LG: OK. Get ready. Here we go. We drafted KenYON Green in the first round last year to play this spot. He got inured and went on IR before the season started. We brought in KenDRICK Green from the Steelers and plugged him in. And he played well for 3-4 games and then he was injured and on IR. We had picked up Josh Jones from the Cards and we plugged him in until he got injured. At some point, Tytus Howard --the guy who was supposed to be our RT-- came back and we stuck him in at LG (and he was terrible) and then he got reinjured and ended up on IR. Luckily, rookie Juice Scruggs who was supposed to have been our center came back and we stuck him in at LG and that's who we finished the season with (the last 6 games or so). He started off pretty sketchy but got better as he picked up experience. I might have missed some guys here.

So, yeah, the OL you guys faced in the playoffs was a patchwork quilt.

Back