Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans vs. Cowboys gameday thread

We actually out-rushed the girls by a few yards.

We need to find out about our running game, and we did.

We don't need to feel bad even if we cut both Green and Brown.

Well said. He was definitely held (watch the replay on that TD pass to him) which was the entire reason he bobbled the ball. He couldn't even get his left arm up to grab the ball because he was being yanked on by some homosexual cowboy.

Yes he did screw up on the 2 pt conversion, but put us into the position to win the game with that kick return. I give his night a C+

exactly.
C+ is about right

LOL LOL, what do you have today Thorn? A fifth or a Litter?

I've made it past a a fewbeers, and now I' m into Jack Danels.

Everyone needs to be shot. Eve;ryone neds to die. @We can't have this lopsing ****. I say we nuke Dallas. Afterwards we send our ferigging defensive CO to Dallasor Oklahama to get a new job.

I'm waaaay more upset about our defense than I am J.J.'s play. J.J might see 10 plays/game... the D is out there alllll the time.

We got down-right outplayed, and I don't think anyone would disagree with that. The truth is, we cashed in on some turnovers (which is good), but we can't rely on those. We need to play better.

I lived in Dallas and Cowboys fans don't even acknowledge the Texans organization, must of the hate is completely one sided, which in the end kinda makes us look bush league IMO.

I mean don't get me wrong......I loathe "Mr. Houstonian cowboys fan", because "Mr. Houstonian cowboys fan" is always running his mouth about the success of yester year, but other than that, I don't really give a crap about the cowboys or feel like hating them is worth my energy.

What I hate the most is "Mr. Houstonian Titans fan", they are the dumbest people of all.....they say "I'm loyal to my team and my Oilers", like that team was loyal to them or something.

It's all down here. Listening to the sports radio in Houston today and yesterday makes me think that most Cowboy fans in Houston have major drug problems. It's seriously ridiculous to hear some of the garbage that gets spewed down here.

Everyone needs to be shot. Eve;ryone neds to die. @We can't have this lopsing ****. I say we nuke Dallas. Afterwards we send our ferigging defensive CO to Dallasor Oklahama to get a new job.
We have young CBs. We just need to ask the Chinese to give them a few more years in age.
Blame it on China, Nuke 'em, HAHAHA!

well is it just me or was that a show of zebras in synchronized flag throwing in the fourth? Didnt see half the penalties they claimed to have seen.... The 2pt conversion even though its pre-season... was dumber than hell even if we made it. Play like its a real game! Go for the tie then let the defense try and make a stop, then go for the win with a field goal.. plenty of time left to be played. I wonder if these morons know (Kubiak Im just calling your decision moronic not you.. I think you re a god) that its all about the bragging rights... now I have to listen to these freaking cowho fans giving me crap about this game for the rest of the season all the way until we beat them again!
Now... running backs... I think we should just waive Green and Brown.. they are worthless and we do not need them. Chris Taylor did a fine job... wouldn't mind having him as a starter as long as our 2nd backs are Slayton and Walker. They are all we need really... The trio should be able to establish the running game and, the recent pick up Simms is also decent. So we ve got plenty of backs without having to hold on to the old fragile backs on our roster. Our defense needs a lot of work.. I knew going into this season that our secondary once again was going to be a problem. Cowboys were just having their way with us in the first half. Great now I just got a call from my brother in law...major cowho fan. thanks a lot guys! Jacoby you got to do something, I used to believe in you and stood up for you numerous times... now you re making a fool out of me.

well is it just me or was that a show of zebras in synchronized flag throwing in the fourth? Didnt see half the penalties they claimed to have seen.... The 2pt conversion even though its pre-season... was dumber than hell even if we made it. Play like its a real game! Go for the tie then let the defense try and make a stop, then go for the win with a field goal.. plenty of time left to be played. I wonder if these morons know (Kubiak Im just calling your decision moronic not you.. I think you re a god) that its all about the bragging rights... now I have to listen to these freaking cowho fans giving me crap about this game for the rest of the season all the way until we beat them again!

I completely disagree. He wanted to avoid overtime, and I am happy he did. This is, after all, just a preseason game.

Anybody have Kim-Jong Il on speed dial?

I completely disagree. He wanted to avoid overtime, and I am happy he did. This is, after all, just a preseason game.

yeah, we can watch our record against theirs during the reg. season, that is a more accurate view of one tx team's dominance over the other...besides the fact that our division is tougher:kingkong:

The good news:
- Slaton has emerged as a legit RB.
- Taylor made a case to stay one more week.
- We forced came up with three turnovers. Forced 4 fumbles (FOUR!) and recovered two plus the red zone INT.
- We didn't give the ball away. 3-0 T/O ratio. Not bad.
- No sacks allowed (although they came close a couple of times)

The not-so-good news:
- Reeves isn't the answer at CB2
- No real pressure from the D-line
- Our 1st team red-zone efficiency sucked; what? 1 TD out of 4 tries. That won't beat the Colts.
- We really missed Chester Pitts; Studdard got beat like a rented mule. Chris White wasn't much better.
- Green and Brown may still make this team at the expense of younger, hungrier guys

I don't see why you guys are hating on Jones. He missed a crucial 2 pt conversion yes, but his game today was pretty good.

Did he fumble or something like that and I just missed it or what?

His game today looked pretty good?

He finished with no receptions and he returned one punt for one yard. He failed to control one ball that negated a TD, then dropped a fairly straight forward pass for the 2 point conversion. What did he actually do right?

He finished with no receptions and he returned one punt for one yard. He failed to control one ball that negated a TD, then dropped a fairly straight forward pass for the 2 point conversion. What did he actually do right?

All I can say is either a: it should have been ruled a td (IMO he had possession) or b: it should have been a pass interference call

The 2pt conversion dropped pass was pitiful though. If that is David Anderson, we win the game.

Still, as I said earlier, i give Jacoby a C+. Without his kick return towards the end of the game, his potential TD and 2 pt conversion likely never occur.

How exactly, with all this complaining about Jacoby, did we put up with Jerome Mathis for so long?

did you miss the huge kickoff where he actually ran determined and like his old self?

the 'td' was a great play on the ball. couldnt get in in time though. unlucky as it was a very difficult catch

the 2pt was a straight drop that he should catch. like leach,daniels and AD did at other times. they havent been mentioned though :thinking:

No, I saw the kickoff return. I just refuse to look at one play like that and be suckered into the myth that Jacoby Jones is anything more than a very common commodity in the NFL. Jerome Mathis could do that and we parted ways with him without regret. Andre Davis can do that now and he's on the roster already.

Keep in mind that the drive he started with that amazing return he ended with a dropped ball that pretty much ended the game for all intents and purposes. The non-TD was a good call IMO. He didn't have control of it when he went out of bounds and I thought that was obvious from the replay.

He'll get his roster spot but I don't expect him to be here in 2009 at the rate he's going.

I would be very happy with Taylor, Slatton and Walker as our ONLY RB's going into the season. Cut the fat now and bring in some new CB options...

No, I saw the kickoff return. I just refuse to look at one play like that and be suckered into the myth that Jacoby Jones is anything more than a very common commodity in the NFL. Jerome Mathis could do that and we parted ways with him without regret. Andre Davis can do that now and he's on the roster already.

Keep in mind that the drive he started with that amazing return he ended with a dropped ball that pretty much ended the game for all intents and purposes. The non-TD was a good call IMO. He didn't have control of it when he went out of bounds and I thought that was obvious from the replay.

He'll get his roster spot but I don't expect him to be here in 2009 at the rate he's going.

mathis was a PB kr.. i think JJ is a beter kr than AD (looks more consistently dangerous) but that jmo and irrlelevant.. you're saying he had a bad game because he dropped one pass? he did fine for what he was asked to do. he made a play and he dropped a pass

whether the td was ruled incomplete or not is irrelevant. it was still a great effort on an overthrown ball where he was also receiving plenty of contact.

you're down on JJ (just a hunch:whip:).. we'll agree to disagree.

Hey buddies, just wanted to jump in after watching the game...
1) Dallas jumped offside on the 3rd and goal at the end of the game...DVR proves this.
2) Our secondary is worth two squirrels fighting for half a nut. Pathetic. Where's Dunta? I miss the little guy!!!

Here's the deal and you can disagree at will and I won't mind:

1.) His punt returns were fabulous. Great field position. No fumbles, no real mistakes on this area.

2.) The call in the endzone was ticky tacky and would get called a TD on most WR's. This is debatable, but in my opinion, it was a TD catch that was called back on something that was very borderline at best. The no-call with the pass interference also sealed it.

3.) Basically everybody is saying he lost the game for us with his drop on the 2pt conversion. Nobody really thinks that this is basically a play that will happen in the regular season. 2pt conversions are not an easy thing. He did drop the pass but he's a sophomore receiver out of a small school. I'm not completely sold that he's a bust.

Basically, he's probably 4th or 5th on the depth chart, and I don't mind him taking passes in a real game because he hasn't really screwed the pooch in that department in any game that I've seen. I think a lot of people are looking at his fumbles last year, and his fumbles this year in preseason and are writing him off. Jerome Mathis was hurt probably 60 - 80% of his career here with questionable injuries at best, where as Jones has missed a grand total of about 7 games last year with a dislocated shoulder. I think a lot of these reactions are jumping the gun and want to just write the guy off with no real players behind him to take up what he leaves. I don't see LeRon McCoy as a suitable replacement because he doesn't play special teams.

Also, he takes up practically none of the salary cap so it's not like he's hamstringing us in the FA market. I really don't see what all of the complaining is about.

Few of my thoughts...

1) Slaton needs as many touches as he can afford during the regular season- I'm extremely impressed.
2) Jacoby Jones hasn't learned how to carry the ball when fielding punts. Regardless of turnovers or none.. he's carrying the ball wrong and hasn't changed.
3) Jacoby's TD pass was bobbled and wasn't actually a TD BUT it was pass interference which gives us 1st and goal from the 1.
4) WR's (who's?) catch near the goal line was extremely close and it take big cojones the actually REVERSE the catch/call.
5) I absolutely LOVE our first round series- trade down and get Brown and Slaton (+ barber)
6) Mario is a beast... Demeco is such a sound football player
7) the rest of our defense sucks acorns.

8) the 2 pt conversion coaching decision at the end. I would have kicked the extra point but I completely understand us going for it.

i- away game, if we make it, it's a huge confidence booster
ii- it's preseason, it's pretty much our only chance to practice a 2pt conversion in real time situation
iii- the last thing you want to do in a preseason game is go into overtime... no reason to risk any more injury to any players than you have to (yea it'd be nice to be Dallas but not at the expense of overtime in preseason).

many more thoughts that can't be thought of at 3am.

yeah its just a preseason game but it was for bragging rights... you dont know what its like to live with my family being the only Texans fan. I totally understand why, but its just knowing the crap Im gonna have to deal with... Ive already gotten tons of calls from members in my family. If you were in my shoes you would understand. Football is huge in this family.

Jones just doesn't protect the ball like hes been taught since he was a kid...you see him running the ball is all over the place all around him... easy for a defender to just make a light swat at the ball and cause a fumble... hes just not for us maybe he would be suitable for another team, but Texans we dont need him and hes expendable in my opinion.

I lived in Dallas and Cowboys fans don't even acknowledge the Texans organization, must of the hate is completely one sided, which in the end kinda makes us look bush league IMO.

I mean don't get me wrong......I loathe "Mr. Houstonian cowboys fan", because "Mr. Houstonian cowboys fan" is always running his mouth about the success of yester year, but other than that, I don't really give a crap about the cowboys or feel like hating them is worth my energy.

What I hate the most is "Mr. Houstonian Titans fan", they are the dumbest people of all.....they say "I'm loyal to my team and my Oilers", like that team was loyal to them or something.

LMAO thats funny because I know exactly what you re talking about.

yeah, we can watch our record against theirs during the reg. season, that is a more accurate view of one tx team's dominance over the other...besides the fact that our division is tougher:kingkong:

IMO, as much as I dislike the city of Dallas, their football team, and their arrogant fans, the division they play in is a pretty tough one as well. playing Philly and the NYG's twice each season has to be almost as tough as playing the Jags and Colts twice a year.

Is it just me? I think JJ thinks about the end result of the play too early.
Does he even think?
icon10.gif

Jacobe Jones thinks like he's still "Mr. High School Harry Football Star", and needs to mature a whole lot before he will be the player he thinks he is. A legend in his own mind.

Jacobe Jones thinks like he's still "Mr. High School Harry Football Star", and needs to mature a whole lot before he will be the player he thinks he is. A legend in his own mind.

That's not true, you can tell by the way he was sitting on the bench(after a mistake) that he doesn't think that way at all.

Back