Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans vs. Cowboys gameday thread

Vonta Leach. Bye. Chris Taylor will take your place. Go for the f'ing 4th down damn it.

nope. Due to his touch blocking and normally good play, Leach has earned one excused F-up card.

[excused F-Up cards only redeemable during preseason and are non-transferrable.]

Our tackling is terrible. Horrible preparation for the season. That is what you get when we are in friggin shorts virtually every practive and not hitting. Charmin soft.

the final score doesn't matter. we already lost because their starters basically kicked our starters' asses all over the field.

Of course, credit to the Texans for forcing turnovers to stay in the game.

I would say on defense it was bad but once Schaub showed up to play the offense looked really good. We had the running game going and Schaub still ended up 15-27 166 yards and a TD. No turnovers is what's important. That's how we're gonna win games. It could've been worse.

I'd like to keep Walker. He doesn't do anything great, but he has a feel for the game. Plus, he's young and doesn't have an injury history.

the final score doesn't matter. we already lost because their starters basically kicked our starters' asses all over the field.

Of course, credit to the Texans for forcing turnovers to stay in the game.

Yeah I agree, we got owned. They were all over us like Michael Irvin on a crack rock, we were in trouble. It would still be nice to win the game.

I would say on defense it was bad but once Schaub showed up to play the offense looked really good. We had the running game going and Schaub still ended up 15-27 166 yards and a TD. No turnovers is what's important. That's how we're gonna win games. It could've been worse.

Yep. The negatives from this game? Schaub's poor start and the defense's inability to put any pressure on Romo or stop the Barberian.

The positives? Turnover differential was greater than zero and an improved running game. Kept the game within reach despite getting blown out early.

Our lack of red zone efficiency is what's going to cause us to lose this game........when you have a defense like ours, you have to capitalize down there.

In case anyone thought Petey Faggins would step up at CB....not happening.

That was a well-executed timing pass
The next one, the WR found the hole in the zone.

sometimes the other guys make plays too

I would love to give pink slips to Richard Smith, Petey, Colvin, and P Burnt II err.... Jacques Reeves personally. This team is shaving days off my life with this performance.

It's funny seeing all these doom and gloom threads after one bad half of preseason football.

I think you were watching the wrong games Sam. This is a "Texans" message board and we were all watching the Texans defense fail to get off the field against Denver, New Orleans, and now Dallas (except of course when the other team does something inexplicably stupid on the 3 straight downs.

I love the Texans. The are my team. But, they aren’t ready for prime time yet. They are close, they have talent, but they aren’t ready for the final mile. This should come as no surprise to anyone. We are not yet complete.

Slayton is good, as are a lot of Texan players. But if we are to make noise in this league, we must do better. A lot of us hate Richard Smith, and with good reason, but the defense isn’t the only reason our 1st string can’t compete with the Dallas first string.

The reason is we aren’t there yet. We are getting there, and I think Kubs and Smith will get us there, but it isn’t gonna be this year. As if anyone with any sense didn’t know that already

Screw Dallas. I hate them, I always will. We still have a ways to go. GO TEXANS!

I don't like how these jagoff announcers are so smug and condescending to the Governor's Cup. Yes it is preseason and doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things but that thing has been around for decades.

Back