Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Vs. Browns Game Thread

Well ,the Texans were like Shawn Kemp today , they couldn't pull that one out .

The only positive I take from todays game is ......... well nothing . There was really nobody that stood out today . A really disappointing loss . I was hoping we could keep up the momentum from last week and steal one . The Titans have been looking beatable lately . Maybe Mario can use his "Reggie Rage" , and turn it into "Vince-Rage" . You never know . Oh well , thats how the cookie crumbles . We lost . :thumbdown

At least Von Hutchins has proven to be 10* better than Petey and Bennett stepped up.

That's about all I got. We still have a LONG way to go to field a really competitive team obviously.

They suck too, haven't added anything this offseason. The Rockets suck, the Astros suck, and the Texans suck

But I hear our soccer team is good though. :gun:

Yeah , the Stros may have a worse year than this past season . If they don't make some major moves to get some starting pitching and a closer , it will be over by July IMO .

The defense did a good job. The offense let us/them down. When the offense doesn't capitalize, the defense starts to let down - either cuz they are tired or lose momentum or have no depth or lose the will to live - whatever. That was the problem this week, anyway. It is always something. I still believe we are close. For sure we need a playmaker running back.

How can no one else see this?

Everyone's all negative, wait until they think about how well the defense did.

How about stopping Cleveland's offense about 3-4 times if not MORE than that. The 1st qtr we stopped them 3 times and it took forever for us to score. If our normal offense showed up today you are looking at a blowout.

Than we were down by 7 in the 3rd...defense comes out...stops them 3 times at least and we get NOTHING out of that.

I want to know how I can tune in to the Texans game where the defense did good? I didn't get that game today. I got the one where they let the Browns roll up 400 yards on them, Jamal Lewis run for 134, and gave up 27 points.

Seriously man, I can't spin this turd up no matter how much I want to. The Texans look like crap. The defensive line, stocked with 3 first round draft picks and one first overall can't get in anybody's face and doesn't stop the run when it has to either. Our defense is crap. Our offense is crap. Our coaches are crap and our owner is crap. The only thing about this organization that I don't think is crap is the first class facility that we paid for and amount of support they've received from all of us who have been watching this crap fest for 7 years.

I want to know how I can tune in to the Texans game where the defense did good? I didn't get that game today. I got the one where they let the Browns roll up 400 yards on them, Jamal Lewis run for 134, and gave up 27 points.

Seriously man, I can't spin this turd up no matter how much I want to. The Texans look like crap. The defensive line, stocked with 3 first round draft picks and one first overall can't get in anybody's face and doesn't stop the run when it has to either. Our defense is crap. Our offense is crap. Our coaches are crap and our owner is crap. The only thing about this organization that I don't think is crap is the first class facility that we paid for and amount of support they've received from all of us who have been watching this crap fest for 7 years.

Its all going to be OK, step away from the ledge and put the baby down. No one here is going to hurt you, we have the Texans Defensive line here and they are going to let you pass through.

Well look at the stops...

What else do you expect the defense to do?

Cleveland had the ball 3 times, got no Points on the board the first qtr...we get a firggin TD off of that.

3rd qtr comes, 10-17...I LOOKED AT THIS 10-17 SCORE FOR A WHILE QTR AND A HALF. This tells me the defense stopped Cleveland plenty and the offense never capitalized. Even the announcers said it.

Don't look at the stats. Everyone knows that the Ravens and Bears have great defenses, but the offenses for those teams basically say "You win this game for us."

I am not saying our defense is on that level, but to say they flat out sucked...seriously. What more did they have to do. The Defense makes a stop, the offense makes a score...that didn't happen. Defense made stops, Offense didn't score when we needed them too.

Especially with some of the balls their WRs were catching. Guys acting like they were catching wide open balls, and Jamaal was breaking tackle after tackle. Our defense did its job today. Look at the game again and see how many times we could have taken the lead or tied it. I swear it was about 8-9 times.

I am wondering about the coaching though, we ran it 16 times...16 times.

Cleveland just sat back there, one time Owen had 4 guys around him. They made us one dimensional somehow. I don't know what made us stop running the ball. All of our big plays come off playaction, we used it but its not fooling no one because we completely abandoned the run once they got the lead.

Cleveland just sat back there, one time Owen had 4 guys around him. They made us one dimensional somehow. I don't know what made us stop running the ball. All of our big plays come off playaction, we used it but its not fooling no one because we completely abandoned the run once they got the lead.

Well and the announcers I believe made a good point. They said because of Ron Dayne's get behind the lineman and push forward style, all Cleveland had to do was sit back and wait for the ball because the D Lineman would handle Dayne. One reason Schaub looked so bad is the Cleveland secondary was all over the ball. They were everywhere it seemed.

Actually just look at the box score. We shut down Cleveland for half of the game, 1st and 3rd qtrs. Just like I mentioned. But we scored 10 points to their 3...

Tells me that the offense never capitalized off the defensive stops we did have. The defense WAS NOT HORRIBLE, they were above average. Lets not overreact.

Actually just look at the box score. We shut down Cleveland for half of the game, 1st and 3rd qtrs. Just like I mentioned. But they scored 10 points to our 3...

Tells me that the offense never capitalized off the defensive stops we did have. The defense WAS NOT HORRIBLE, they were above average. Lets not overreact.

Right on. I fixed it though.

Bah. Ah well, that's what the 32nd ranked defense will do to ya. Shut you down with the 31st ranked passing defense and 28th ranked running defense. They are the power house ya know.

Amen brother, that's the biggest head scratcher for me. Ron was establishing the run and we would come out with 5 wideout sets. I didn't understand it.

Ron Dayne makes us one-dimensional. Without a threat in the backfield, they just sat back and covered. It looked like the zones confused Matt some.

The game was lost when we got inside their 35 yard line 5x in the first half and only scored 10 points.

By the way, that was pass interference, clearly, on the first interception. That being said, we missed on a 4th and 2, missed a 45 yd field goal, and fumbled the ball down there. Just can't do that!

It's completely obvious we are not a playoff contender yet. But we are somewhat mediocre, at times looking pretty good. Which is a hell of a lot more than I could say last year at this time.

We're getting there, just not as fast as some of us want. Me included.

"i think there could be a good game on next week. the texans are playing the tacks. both teams are in playoff contention. should be exciting!"

by the way, that's pretty cool. regardless of what happens this year.

keep in mind as well that almost every team that we needed to loose lost today. (other than the browns). our contenders are cleavland, tacks, pittsburg, broncos, and so on and we're still only two games out.

by the way, that's pretty cool. regardless of what happened this week.

Back