Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans Vs. Browns Game Thread

I'll be. We scored, and Daniels gets his first on the season. So that's one TD and 11,000 fumbles/dropped passes for him?

I know game is basically over but how can a counter play confuse you so much that no one is there and Lewis gets 15 dragging a couple of guys?Did we really think they were passing.

We clearly didn't play well to win enough this game. Way, way too many mistakes. Even after three quarters (two of which we played horribly) we were still in the game. If we were going to win one of two, it had to be against the Titans. With as bad as they have been playing, we will have a chance - but I think we have to play a flawless game. Their running game is tough.

After this game, I think we really need to examine the future of our QB position (I don't think Schaub is it) and seriously bench that dofus Owen Daniels. Hell, maybe we could put Daniels in at QB and Schaub in at towelboy. It couldn't be too much worse.

the offense came out too tenative. where are the play action bombs to AJ? where are ANY of the throws to AJ? This one is on Kubiak.

Going to need some seriouse help from other teams and pretty much win out to make the playoffs this year.

I know game is basically over but how can a counter play confuse you so much that no one is there and Lewis gets 15 dragging a couple of guys?Did we really think they were passing.
We play with undersized Tackles and have an undersized MLB. Easy to see them wearing out when taking a pounding by 330 pound OG's all game.

When Ron Dayne is your RB, teams just figure he is going to run up the back of the linemen and put everyone back for coverage and don't pay as much attention to the run.

Dayne did his job today. I can't lay this at the feet of Ron Dayne. If anything Sherman didn't make any effort to throw his offense on Dayne's back and control the clock. What is this end around BS that he drags out at the worst possible moment? What's with the bizarre choices we seem to make on 3rd and 5-7? Why are we forever completing 5 yard passes when we need 7-8 yards?

I'm so disgusted with the Texans right now I feel like I need to throw up. The team is just the worst kind of crap that gets fielded in the NFL. They're a bunch of overpaid workout warriors, castoffs from other clubs, over the hill used-to-be's, and slugs led by some of the stupidest coaches to ever hold a clip board. There's no way Richard Smith should even be on an NFL coaching staff much less in charge of a defense. Kubiak looks like a bigger fool every time he tosses that red flag out there. He's in way over his head and it's impossible not to see.

I just can't do this anymore. I nearly put a soft drink through a 46" television today. In 2002 I thought I missed NFL football and couldn't wait to get it back. 6 years of "Football Time in Texas" has me hating Sundays and wishing the NFL hadn't bothered to give Bob McNair's stupid ass a franchise.

Generaly speaking, none of the Texans played very well. None comes to mind as "Gee, he played real well".

We play with undersized Tackles and have an undersized MLB. Easy to see them wearing out when taking a pounding by 330 pound OG's all game.

That and the fact that the offense didn't do SQUAT all day and forced the defense on the field for waayyy too long.

I can see that but it was like the whole play left us out of position to start. We just got punded today.

My final thought is that we had them on their heels multiple possessions ...into their territory and we made mistakes, turnovers, etc which let them get their mo.

Generaly speaking, none of the Texans played very well. None comes to mind as "Gee, he played real well".

Only guy I would even consider is Fred Bennet. I think for a 4th round pick, he is settling into his role nicely.

Dayne did his job today. I can't lay this at the feet of Ron Dayne. If anything Sherman didn't make any effort to throw his offense on Dayne's back and control the clock. What is this end around BS that he drags out at the worst possible moment? What's with the bizarre choices we seem to make on 3rd and 5-7? Why are we forever completing 5 yard passes when we need 7-8 yards?

I'm so disgusted with the Texans right now I feel like I need to throw up. The team is just the worst kind of crap that gets fielded in the NFL. They're a bunch of overpaid workout warriors, castoffs from other clubs, over the hill used-to-be's, and slugs led by some of the stupidest coaches to ever hold a clip board. There's no way Richard Smith should even be on an NFL coaching staff much less in charge of a defense. Kubiak looks like a bigger fool every time he tosses that red flag out there. He's in way over his head and it's impossible not to see.

I just can't do this anymore. I nearly put a soft drink through a 46" television today. In 2002 I thought I missed NFL football and couldn't wait to get it back. 6 years of "Football Time in Texas" has me hating Sundays and wishing the NFL hadn't bothered to give Bob McNair's stupid ass a franchise.

I have to rep this.

Our dline didn't play today. Where was Amobi and Travis.

Two of the three overrated slugs we have on our defensive line. Travis will be out of football in another couple of years. Williams is just Courtney Brown with a red, white, and blue cow on his helmet. Amobi is the only one of the three that we can't definitely say is a bum but even if he turns into a miniature Reggie White he'll be hard to find surrounded by all the stiffs we have assembled.

Two of the three overrated slugs we have on our defensive line. Travis will be out of football in another couple of years. Williams is just Courtney Brown with a red, white, and blue cow on his helmet. Amobi is the only one of the three that we can't definitely say is a bum but even if he turns into a miniature Reggie White he'll be hard to find surrounded by all the stiffs we have assembled.

geeze herv you seem to forget about weaver

The defense did a good job. The offense let us/them down. When the offense doesn't capitalize, the defense starts to let down - either cuz they are tired or lose momentum or have no depth or lose the will to live - whatever. That was the problem this week, anyway. It is always something. I still believe we are close. For sure we need a playmaker running back.

Back