Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Trade Picks 47 & 78 for Phillip Buchanan

AndroidRaider24 said:
Well here you go week 8 : Charles Woodson is out, and guess whos the starter , P-Burnt he lets Brees pass 281 and 5 TDs, 3 agiasnt him, Parker had 6 catches for 91 yards agiant him, week 9, hes the starter agian he lets Muhammed catch 8catches for 94 yards, and lets Delhome throw 2 Tds on him, Week 11 , hes is suppose to cover Kennan due to Woodson being on Gates , he lets him cath it 7 times for 91 yards and gives up a TD to Brees, week 13 E. Kennison has 8 catches 149 yards on him and a TD, week 15, he gives up 13catches for 160 yards and 3 TDs to Drew Bennit, also last year he was benched for giving all 4 TDs to Farve on a monday night game...
The Texans got cleaned out on this. Only a homer thinks this is a good move. The SD and Bronco fans hate this trade. They feasted on this scrub.

AndroidRaider24 said:
Well here you go week 8 : Charles Woodson is out, and guess whos the starter , P-Burnt he lets Brees pass 281 and 5 TDs, 3 agiasnt him, Parker had 6 catches for 91 yards agiant him, week 9, hes the starter agian he lets Muhammed catch 8catches for 94 yards, and lets Delhome throw 2 Tds on him, Week 11 , hes is suppose to cover Kennan due to Woodson being on Gates , he lets him cath it 7 times for 91 yards and gives up a TD to Brees, week 13 E. Kennison has 8 catches 149 yards on him and a TD, week 15, he gives up 13catches for 160 yards and 3 TDs to Drew Bennit, also last year he was benched for giving all 4 TDs to Farve on a monday night game...

No CB can stop a QB, thats the job of the front 7. AS for the recivers, could anybody stop that crowd?

And no for the dumbest comment of the night, harkening back to Buchanon being burnt for 30-40 TD, we gave out a grand total of......................................wait for it...............................think it'll be close to 30........................how about.......................................TWELVE. Yup that sure looks like 30 to me. And since I really doubt Buchanon was the only CB playing I doubt all those were directly his fault. Please or the good of us all, put the crack pipe down!

Hulk75 said:
I Like The Deal..............nobody Wanted To Play For The Raiders Defense Last Year. This Is A Great Environment For A Guy That Just Came From A Crapy One. This Will Be Great............think On The Possitives Instead Of The Negatives So Much People.this Is Good For Us And For Phillip Bucahnon.
well 2 years ago you could stay that but, i lost repect for the guy, when we came out playing hard on defense, guys like Danny Clark, Ted Washington, Charles Woodson, Anderson, Brayton, Kelly and hell even Sapp keeped going , but at some point when you do everything right, and you are doing your job and the Qbs just throw it up at Phillips direction and they would get the TD or the first down, or get into FG range, at some point enough is enough, after he gave up the game winning TD's to the Cheifs, he goes out and says he wants a new contract or he wants to be traded ? But If you beleive it was because lack of pass rush, than how do you expect it to get better, you had a worse one than us last year ? I like the Texans, please dont mistaken me for a hater, but im just trying to warn you as fans...

tiger06 said:
We basically gave up a 2nd round pick for a starting NFL cornerback who will also function as punt returner. Pretty dang good deal to me :thumbup
and a third too. That is completely insane. Just like drafting Hollings was. Just wait to see what the raiders take at 47. It will make you puke.

I'm gonna be sick. Pukin Bar is a fitting result of P-Burnt Buchanon. OK...Maybe it was a 7 yr. plan and evreybody in the western hemisphere typoed. Does the NFL drug test coaching staffs/management??????
Who does Drew Henson play for again?????

FatBoyTim said:
The Texans got cleaned out on this. Only a homer thinks this is a good move. The SD and Bronco fans hate this trade. They feasted on this scrub.

Why don't you go sign Hugh Douglas again? :loser

We only gave up a second and a 6th round pick. 6th round pick come from the Drew Henson trade which became 78th pick this year. 2nd rounder for burner to match stokley is good deal. Better than taking Justin Miller or Fabian Washington. too many ??? about those guys in the 2nd round.

I love it. Who cares what Raider, Charger, Colt, and Titan fan have to say. In CC we trust.....The guy is 24 and now has Hoke and Aaron to tutor him. Plus he's more valuable than any 2nd or 3rd round players we've selected to date anyway.

Could Mike Williams fall to 13? Unlikely, but oh man would we be set in 2005!

DocBar you don't make any sense but oh well. I think what this trade shows is that the texans are trying to win now. They don't want to draft a db and wait a few years to mold him into an nfl db. The trades they are making are to add speed and experienced youth (same with Greenwood). I would like to see how this shuffles the secondary. Is there a possibility someone may move to ss? I am also curious what this does to our first round draft pick. Its obvious it counts out us drafting a db and with the addition of Greenwood i don't think the Texans will go lb unless they were to find a way to get DJ. It seems to me like they are going to go offense since our dline is pretty much set for next year and i don't see why we would pay first round money for someone who is gonna sit a year while we are trying to make the playoffs. That pretty much leaves it to Oline, wr and rb. I hear a lot about us drafting Barron which would be a good long run pick but we are trying to win now and olinemen dont usually produce much in their rookie years. That leaves rb and wr. I am totally against us picking up a rb like Benson because i think Davis has a lot of unmet potential and he has been pretty solid the last two years other than the little time he missed due to injury plus he was huge down the stretch last year and i would like to see if he can continue that before wasting a first rounder and run into the problem the chargers have with a top qb draft pick on the bench because their qb surprised them and had a great year. So i am gonna go on a limb and say we will pick a wr like troy williamson.

tacoman_j said:
We only gave up a second and a 6th round pick. 6th round pick come from the Drew Henson trade which became 78th pick this year. 2nd rounder for burner to match stokley is good deal. Better than taking Justin Miller or Fabian Washington. too many ??? about those guys in the 2nd round.

We got #73 from Dallas for Henson not #78...

Certainly I'm not the only one to think of this.

Who are the 2 FRANCHISE players of the Texans (both $$ and potential)?
Carr & AJ, right.

Who do you think AJ lined up against at Miami (with only 1 year separating the two)?!?!? P-non!

So if your #1 WR tells you "Get this guy"...what are you going to do?

Besides, he's a project for low money the next two seasons. If he doens't work out...you can go to plan B next year (and still have Glenn & Faggins this year).
And as our draft history, our 2nd & 3rd rounders are basically "dumb-luck".

I wouldn't grade this trade an automatic "good call", but I see why it could make complete sense.

Why did we trade to get a smolderer to take on a burner??? This guy can't cover his *** with a comforter.

wow.. werent we the same team that let whats his name go to San Diego? Steve Martin or whatever.. one of the top LBs in the league now?

Have we not learned that certain players prosper better in certain systems?

Do you also not see the benefit of having a kick returner like Buchanon who has starter experience.. and can play nickle for us behind Glenn and Robinson while we teach him to use his OBVIOUS talents with the help of our AWESOME CB coach, and big brother Glenn?

Geez guys.. this is an AVERAGE draft. I know we have all been high on who we could pick in rounds 2 and 3.. but lets face it.. the guys available in those rounds were "eh".. no sure things there. This wasnt a deep draft. And we still have our 1st and a 3rd rounder to work with :P.

THINK ABOUT IT!!! 2 mid round draft picks in a weak draft for a YOUNG and PROMISING CB who can be an awesome return guy for us, and provides us with an atheletic enough prospect to possibly replace glenn in a season or two.

And we are in the AFC FREAKIN SOUTH! The most pass happy division in the AFC :P. We had an awesome secondary last season and it just got better.. and we are lucky cause we are gonna need someone with Buchanans experience and abilities to cover those TEs and 3rd WRs in our division.

This was a good move in my opinion. The only thing that I have any questions about is his attitude.. hopefully we can work out any kinks he may have.

A note to all you Texan fans. You gave up a 2nd and 3rd rounder. You can spin it all you want, you can try to justify it as much as possible, but you just got totally swindled. Shaun Alexander & Edgerrin are going for 2nd rounders. No one wants to take Travis Henry for a 2nd rounder. Surtain is going to go for a 4th or 5th and he's ten times the cb Buchanan ever will be.

I realize that it's easier for Casserly to give up draft picks because he's so bad at drafting good talent, but once you get yourself a real gm, you'll figure this out for yourselves.

Back to the cellar this year Texans...

Casserly, Capers and McNair all saw Buchannon up close when the Texans played the Raiders. Buchannon seemed pumped up to be matched up against a fellow alumn and highly touted WR Andre Johnson. He played a good game, laid a nice lick on J. Wells and he looked athletic and confident. Perhaps Cass asked AJ how good a coverman Buchannon was in his opinion. Giving up a second and third round draft pick will end up being a steal as Buchannon finally realizes his full potential through the troioka of veteran mentoring by A. Glenn, competitive fire from D. Robinson, and last but not least a superior coaching effort by J. Hoke. By essentially only giving up a second we secure a vital position with first round talent. Brilliant strategy and I think we will take our pick at 13 and thus lessening the propensity to pick a bust by trading down and hope for a gem in the third and fourth.

Shader said:
A note to all you Texan fans. You gave up a 2nd and 3rd rounder. You can spin it all you want, you can try to justify it as much as possible, but you just got totally swindled. Shaun Alexander & Edgerrin are going for 2nd rounders. No one wants to take Travis Henry for a 2nd rounder. Surtain is going to go for a 4th or 5th and he's ten times the cb Buchanan ever will be.

I realize that it's easier for Casserly to give up draft picks because he's so bad at drafting good talent, but once you get yourself a real gm, you'll figure this out for yourselves.

Back to the cellar this year Texans...
Correction Shaun Alexander and Edge are not going to any1.... Yes the asking price is about a 2nd rounder but why is it so low? Mammoth Contracts. Why do u think these teams are not jumping all over a low asking price? Huge Contracts.. PB can be an effective in nickle d while learning our system and then eventually make the move to 2nd starter, while being paid 700k and 800k the next to season; which takes absolutley no cap hit so we can make moves next season as well, unlike a team that would get one of those RB's

keyfro said:
well in all fairness...look at ya'lls front seven...they were horrible...ya'll were running a 3-4 defense without any 3-4 linebackers and sapp isn't a 3-4 lineman...brees had all day to throw the ball and i dont' care how good a corner is...if he has to cover a reciever for more than 4 seconds he's gonna get burned because the reciever always has the upper hand

Agreed. And would you tell the Randy Straks guy, Sapp is in the same boat now. A three DT ain't going to work in the 3-4. I'm sorry but that's just they way it is. Why anyone would put sapp in a 3-4 is beyound me...stupid.

So he backs up Glenn this year and takes over next year if we can get him to put his head on straight. I for one thought Glenn really lost a step last year. Maybe we're not completely comfortable with Glenn as the starter for all year now.

I really hope we trade down now and possibly get a Justin Tuck OLB type and Chris Spencer to replace McKinney. Yes, I'm still on that wagon with us giving up our 2nd rounder...

Shader said:

That's all speculation on your part till any of that REALLY happens you're just blowing smoke out of you ***! :listening

Shader....*****.

"because he's so bad at drafting good talent".

Carr - 1st
JG - 2nd
JW - 4th
AJ - 1st
DD - 4th
DF - 6th
DR - 1st
JB - 1st
CP - 3rd
MB - Supplemental
TH - Supplemental

...and should I even mention the Henson-theft to turn a 3rd baseman into a 3rd round pick.

Not to mention the FA's on our starting line-up.

Shader...go back to Dallas, Cow-girl. :thumbup

Grid said:
wow.. werent we the same team that let whats his name go to San Diego? Steve Martin or whatever.. one of the top LBs in the league now?

Have we not learned that certain players prosper better in certain systems?

Do you also not see the benefit of having a kick returner like Buchanon who has starter experience.. and can play nickle for us behind Glenn and Robinson while we teach him to use his OBVIOUS talents with the help of our AWESOME CB coach, and big brother Glenn?

And we are in the AFC FREAKIN SOUTH! The most pass happy division in the AFC :P. We had an awesome secondary last season and it just got better.. and we are lucky cause we are gonna need someone with Buchanans experience and abilities to cover those TEs and 3rd WRs in our division.

The only thing that I have any questions about is his attitude.. hopefully we can work out any kinks he may have.

All very good points and now it free's us up to get another playmaker on offense at #13

Unfortunately guys, until you learn to draft..(which you haven't yet) you will continue to be below average. 29 of the 32 NFL teams realize the value of draft picks. Apparently the Skins, Texans, and Dolphins haven't gotten the memo. Well, strike that, Saban gets it...I guess it's Snyder and Casserly...

Sco-tai said:
Shader....*****.

"because he's so bad at drafting good talent".

Carr - 1st
JG - 2nd
JW - 4th
AJ - 1st
DD - 4th
DF - 6th
CP - 3rd
...and should I even mention the Henson-theft to turn a 3rd baseman into a 3rd round pick.

Not to mention the FA's on our starting line-up.

Shader...go back to Dallas, Cow-girl.
forgot Dunta?

I know with PB returning punts we are gonna take one to the house!!! Do we have arguably the most dangerous cornerbacks in the NFL now or what? YES!!!