Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

This “it’s time for the coaches to do their job” or whatever the wording by TK doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. People aren’t talking about what Rick Smith could do right now and isn’t. People are talking about the offseason where a) it was clear we needed help on the OL, and b) we had the cap space and draft picks to make it happen.

I understand people are talking about the past off season. When I say it's time for the coaches to do their job, all I'm saying is we can't do the off season over again. This is where we are. The coaches did a fine job last year with what they had, hopefully they can repeat that.

The offense is already more productive than it was last season. If they can work out a good run game to compliment what Watson is doing, we may have a chance to contend with any one.

Or... we can keep griping about what wasn't done over the summer.

You're right. But I've also said that he should have been allowed to play in his familiar LG position ( basically his position with the Chiefs throughout his career) from the beginning. It seems though that the Texans are Hell bent to prove that Su'a Filo belongs there, despite his pretty poor showings for a long time.

XSF would lose a bull fight with a three-toed sloth .

Fair point, but OL are asked to move people to their right or left regardless of which side they play on. I doubt it would make much of a difference, but obviously could be wrong.

I could also be wrong, and it could only pertain to passing plays where a pocket needs to be created.

Cunningham is impressive, see Ricky really scored big in this years freshman crop of backers - hell Dylan Cole could end up being the undrafted defensive version of Arian Foster. I like all of Rickys picks, big, big year for him and the Texans in terms of quality additions to the roster from the just graduated college ranks.

Last years class are doing pretty well as well.

Who got moved clear to the other side of the field on this play?!
You certainly can't make it out in that video, but Chris Johnson when he was brought in was expected to play gunner.

EDIT: I put the video through software enhancing..........it IS #24 Chris Thompson........at 170 pounds, he does not give big men much resistance....especially 2 big men.........obviously.

Last edited:
You certainly can't make it out in that video, but Chris Johnson when he was brought in was expected to play gunner.

EDIT: I put the video through software enhancing..........it IS #24 Chris Thompson........at 170 pounds, he does not give big men much resistance....especially 2 big men.........obviously.

Oh gosh... he was brought on the roster SPECIFICALLY to be special teams ace.

Still having a difficult time accepting what we gave away.........going to the Jags of all teams............

DMmO9xmXUAAEY9p.jpg

...........to go along with ...........

DMmBPnXX4AAljCM.jpg

Anyone catch this?

101717ktrkmcnairstatue1img.jpg

"Commissioner Ellis is urging a wider study. He says there should be policy and procedures in place whenever statues of individuals are erected on public land."

You mean there isn't?

So he wants a statue of himself to be maintained by tax dollars?

Hell why not build an NFL stadium for your team to play in with tax dollars too?

Wait a minute...

"Commissioner Ellis is urging a wider study. He says there should be policy and procedures in place whenever statues of individuals are erected on public land."

You mean there isn't?

So he wants a statue of himself to be maintained by tax dollars?

Hell why not build an NFL stadium for your team to play in with tax dollars too?

Wait a minute...

Except McNair isn't wanting the statue erected. The Super Bowl committee (who is funding the statue) wants it erected in his honor. This has nothing to do with McNair other than he is the honoree.

Just an FYI.

Last year after appearing in Super Bowl 50 , the Carolina Panthers organization itself honored their 80-year-old owner Jerry Richardson with a statue in front of their stadium. Richardson isn't the first owner with a statue—in fact, a statue had already put up in his honor at the Panthers' training camp in South Carolina, and statues have been erected in Denver for Pat Bowlen, in Buffalo for Ralph Wilson, in Pittsburgh for Art Rooney and in New Orleans for Tom Benson. What is clear is that it has been a very unique event that a living owner is commemorated with his own stadium statue.

Just an FYI.

Last year after appearing in Super Bowl 50 , the Carolina Panthers organization itself honored their 80-year-old owner Jerry Richardson with a statue in front of their stadium. Richardson isn't the first owner with a statue—in fact, a statue had already put up in his honor at the Panthers' training camp in South Carolina, and statues have been erected in Denver for Pat Bowlen, in Buffalo for Ralph Wilson, in Pittsburgh for Art Rooney and in New Orleans for Tom Benson. What is clear is that it has been a very unique event that a living owner is commemorated with his own stadium statue.

What do all of those owners have in common?

What does McNair not have in common with those owners?

That would be a relative point, had the Texans organization been spearheading the statue effort.

The fact is the Houston Super Bowl Committee wants the statue to honor his effort in helping bring two Super Bowl events to the city of Houston.

So no money was used from tax dollars on car rentals or hotel occupancy?

Bonds paid for 43% of the construction cost of $449 mil or $193 mil. The $300 mil in naming rights revenue alone would cover those bonds. In addition there are lease payments from the Texans and Rodeo ($5.5 mil/year) along with event fees for college football, soccer, concerts, etc. So no taxes, tourist or otherwise, are necessary.

The state legislature authorized hotel and car rental taxes for what became Reliant, Minute Made and Toyota before other financing was in place. That money is now being sucked into the general fund.

Bonds paid for 43% of the construction cost of $449 mil or $193 mil. The $300 mil in naming rights revenue alone would cover those bonds. In addition there are lease payments from the Texans and Rodeo ($5.5 mil/year) along with event fees for college football, soccer, concerts, etc. So no taxes, tourist or otherwise, are necessary.

The state legislature authorized hotel and car rental taxes for what became Reliant, Minute Made and Toyota before other financing was in place. That money is now being sucked into the general fund.

Ok. I thought i remembered that there was a car rental tax and hot tax that was supposed to go along and pay for it. My mistake.

That would be a relative point, had the Texans organization been spearheading the statue effort.

The fact is the Houston Super Bowl Committee wants the statue to honor his effort in helping bring two Super Bowl events to the city of Houston.

Doesn't matter to me who's doing it.

Does he deserve a statue is the question and compared to others that have received statues the answer should be a resounding NO!!!!!!

Kind of like Social Security. The government keeps screwing an uneducated population. That's not very difficult when the government is in charge of public education. Sorry for the derail. This hits a nerve with me.

Doesn't matter to me who's doing it.

Does he deserve a statue is the question and compared to others that have received statues the answer should be a resounding NO!!!!!!

You are missing the point. It does matter who is doing it (Houston SB Committee). It does matter why they are doing it (bringing two SB events to Houston). This has nothing to do with the Texans organization or with McNair's success as the owner of said organization. It is about what he had done for the city of Houston.

You are missing the point. It does matter who is doing it (Houston SB Committee). It does matter why they are doing it (bringing two SB events to Houston). This has nothing to do with the Texans organization or with McNair's success as the owner of said organization. It is about what he had done for the city of Houston.

Oh, I get it,

What has McNair done for the city? Other than make about 3 billion $$$$.

I just think the man doesn't deserve a statue.

Richardson has 7 playoff apperances in his 22 years of ownership, to McNair's 4 playoff appearances in 16 years.

Benson has 10 playoffs in 32 years, Super Bowl win in his 25th year of ownership.

Rooney made the playoffs for just the 2nd time in his 40th year of ownership, Super Bowl in year 42.

So what's your point again?

Can you clarify, I thought the naming rights money went to McNair? It does in the other Houston sports teams..right?

Back