Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

I know you meant it jokingly but Reed had a problem with Wade.

That is who he is probably referring to as “old southern mindset.”

Rumors back then were that signing Reed wasn't Wade's idea, and was pushed down from the very top. Bob McNair felt like we were a big FA signing away from contending for the SB and forced Reed on Wade. If that's true, no wonder Wade wasn't all that receptive to Reed.

Rumors back then were that signing Reed wasn't Wade's idea, and was pushed down from the very top. Bob McNair felt like we were a big FA signing away from contending for the SB and forced Reed on Wade. If that's true, no wonder Wade wasn't all that receptive to Reed.
Absolutely the case, Bob sent his G5 to grab Reed and foolishly let Reed play Jesse James to the Texans. Look, our ownership has been a mess for a hot minute but now Reed is being a blowhard looking for notoriety at this point, he has some media agent thing going on so he’s making the rounds. If Anderson had a clue he would have asked Reed for some clarity on what he was accusing the Texans of. Nothing to see here aside from an idiot that leaves money and jewelry in his cars to get robbed.

And they let an ascending young player (Glover Quin) walk for a descending old player with a bum hip.

Absolutely the case, Bob sent his G5 to grab Reed and foolishly let Reed play Jesse James to the Texans. Look, our ownership has been a mess for a hot minute but now Reed is being a blowhard looking for notoriety at this point, he has some media agent thing going on so he’s making the rounds. If Anderson had a clue he would have asked Reed for some clarity on what he was accusing the Texans of. Nothing to see here aside from an idiot that leaves money and jewelry in his cars to get robbed.

Bingo!

Ed Reed can go suck an egg. Who cares about the washed up fool that took the money and ran.

The story here is the inept ownership that bypassed a defensive coordinator (who was hired, btw, by bypassing the head coach! lol), and acting like this washed up fool was going to walk into the locker room and instantly make them toughen up.

It's a clear example of ownership meddling, which started in 2002 and continues to this day. Acorns don't fall far from the tree.

Houston has the fewest “achievements” and history of success of any NFL city. The longest drought of appearing in a conference championship game. Our teams have given us historic, record-breaking losses and blown leads. The Texans are hellbent on being the dumbest team in pro sports and have shown no sign of having a clue of what is needed to bring a winner here much less pulling it off.

The Bengals have the cheapest owner in the NFL, yet they have become winners and are in the Super Bowl with most exciting, young football team that I can remember. Winning in the NFL - smart drafting - Bengals hit out the park with Burrow and Chase; value FA signings - Hendrickson was a great signing and is a beast on the DL; finally good coaching - Zac Taylor from the Sean McVay tree - all of the HCs coming from the Rams have been very successful.

Why does Houston put up with the Texans and the McNairs, Caserio and Rasputin. Where is the anger and demand for better. What is the common thread running between the Texans and Oilers. Pancakes McClain. He is done such a disservice as NFL beat writer and he DESERVES A GOOD CHUNK OF THE BLAME. That fat, sack of **** enables the Bud Adams and Cal McNairs to be able to get away with this garbage. It’s time for Houston to get angry and put its foot down and not put up with this. Boycott the Comical and the Texans until Pancakes is fired and the McNairs sell the team. Heckle both when you see them in the public and make it uncomfortable for the people who have fucked over the NFL fans in this city for decades. There is no other fan base in the NFL that would trade places with us. We are worse than the Lions, Jags and Browns. Time to start yelling “I’m mad as hell and am not going to take this anymore.” Happy to see a fan base that has been beaten down for decades be able to celebrate a Super Bowl berth. Go Bengals.

Houston has the fewest “achievements” and history of success of any NFL city. The longest drought of appearing in a conference championship game. Our teams have given us historic, record-breaking losses and blown leads. The Texans are hellbent on being the dumbest team in pro sports and have shown no sign of having a clue of what is needed to bring a winner here much less pulling it off.

The Bengals have the cheapest owner in the NFL, yet they have become winners and are in the Super Bowl with most exciting, young football team that I can remember. Winning in the NFL - smart drafting - Bengals hit out the park with Burrow and Chase; value FA signings - Hendrickson was a great signing and is a beast on the DL; finally good coaching - Zac Taylor from the Sean McVay tree - all of the HCs coming from the Rams have been very successful.

Why does Houston put up with the Texans and the McNairs, Caserio and Rasputin. Where is the anger and demand for better. What is the common thread running between the Texans and Oilers. Pancakes McClain. He is done such a disservice as NFL beat writer and he DESERVES A GOOD CHUNK OF THE BLAME. That fat, sack of **** enables the Bud Adams and Cal McNairs to be able to get away with this garbage. It’s time for Houston to get angry and put its foot down and not put up with this. Boycott the Comical and the Texans until Pancakes is fired and the McNairs sell the team. Heckle both when you see them in the public and make it uncomfortable for the people who have fucked over the NFL fans in this city for decades. There is no other fan base in the NFL that would trade places with us. We are worse than the Lions, Jags and Browns. Time to start yelling “I’m mad as hell and am not going to take this anymore.” Happy to see a fan base that has been beaten down for decades be able to celebrate a Super Bowl berth. Go Bengals.
Cal McNair has asked the fans to trust him. So, you got that going for you.

Well, surely this has been addressed, but I can't find it. Wouldn't it be logical that Tampa Bay would become interested in DW4 ?

They may be going all-in on Kyle Trask. Aaron Rodgers is probably #1 on their outside list.

Damn .... I went blank on him. Big, good looking kid from Florida with a cannon and over 10" hands. He reminded me of Joel Stave .... just the way you'd build one .... for yesteryear, but pocket passers are fading in today's ever-quickening pace.

I'm not sure this is saying much, but...............

*******************************************************************************************

Texans Judged: Best Logo in Texas - Better Than Cowboys
The Houston Texans have been ranked with a top-10 logo in the NFL.

I’ve always really liked the cowboys uniforms!

images

Didn't know Campen was free to take another job

This is unexpected.

Is Munchak available? Would he be a good hire? Who else?

He must not have fit the culture

Maybe they’re going to actually let the new HC pick his own guys.

Another one bites the dust.

Safe space: a place (as on a college campus) intended to be free of bias, conflict, criticism, or potentially threatening actions, ideas, or conversations …

To each their own.

I like it when people bring different thoughts to the table. As long as that person is open minded as well and will hear the other side as well. But when someone isn’t open minded to outside perspectives then they are being willfully ignorant.

What does this say about the team culture when a position coach bolts the team to take a job with a HC on the hot seat and may only have 1 year left?
It says that a new HC will be hired soon and he will want a different ol coach.

With this uncertainty I would take the Carolina job if I was Campen.

How do you know that it is related to team culture at all?
I'll save you some time. You don't.
It was a question; it wasn't a statement. The answer could be he's best friends with McAdoo and has nothing to do with team culture. Your comments say more about you than it does about the question.

It was a question; it wasn't a statement. The answer could be he's best friends with McAdoo and has nothing to do with team culture. Your comments say more about you than it does about the question.

What my comments say about me is that I understand you were insinuating that the Campen departure was due to team culture.

It says that a new HC will be hired soon and he will want a different ol coach.

With this uncertainty I would take the Carolina job if I was Campen.
It tells me the plan of Casserio forming his own offensive staff... Pep, Campen working under O'Connell & Gannon fell through.

Yeah, and he sucked with the Packers from 2007-2018, when they were top 10 in offense 9 of 12 years. Geez, make up anything to apologize for this organization.

…..he also sent 7 different OL to the Pro Bowl during that time frame.

Yeah, and he sucked with the Packers from 2007-2018, when they were top 10 in offense 9 of 12 years. Geez, make up anything to apologize for this organization.

There's a reason LaFluer moved on from Campen.

Wanna make a bet that the Carolina OL sucks next yr?

It tells me the plan of Casserio forming his own offensive staff... Pep, Campen working under O'Connell & Gannon fell through.

Maybe the HC they interviewed and wants to hire, told them he wants an OL coach that runs a different system than Campen runs. Campen was a ZBS guy in Green Bay, I thought he was a strange fit with the Texans, but I hoped for the best because of his track record with Green Bay. I was willing to overlook 1 bad yr in L.A. But now it's 2 bad yrs in a row. This tells me that talent needs to be added to the OL as well as an upgrade at OL coach.

There's a reason LaFluer moved on from Campen.
Because he was buddies with Andy Stenavich when they were with the Texans (LaFleur an assistant, Stenavich a OL on the practice squad).
Wanna make a bet that the Carolina OL sucks next yr?
I'll wait until I see what the Panthers do to upgrade their talent. Caserio did not to help the Texans OL, other than bringing in some broken down vets on overpriced deals.

Because he was buddies with Andy Stenavich when they were with the Texans (LaFleur an assistant, Stenavich a OL on the practice squad).

I'll wait until I see what the Panthers do to upgrade their talent. Caserio did not to help the Texans OL, other than bringing in some broken down vets on overpriced deals.

The Packers OL is better now, LaFluer made the right call.

So it's not only the Texans that badly need to upgrade their OL talent?

Back