Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

They are still waiting to be picked up in Seattle.

Realistically it would have helped to have Clowney, but if he was on the team would Mercilus have had that pick or sack? Dunno.

Maybe Merci doesn’t get his INT but maybe Clowney stills gets a scoop and score. That would have made a bigger difference no?

Maybe Merci doesn’t get his INT but maybe Clowney stills gets a scoop and score. That would have made a bigger difference no?

Yea, but maybe Clowney would have been called for off sides when the Saints were 3rd and short that leads to a TD that they didn’t have. At least then Colvin would still have a job because then it wouldn’t have been on him.

Just keeping him away from the Jags, with Foles hurt they were going to grab him so we had to stash on 53 at least until we play them
I thought when you sign a player off another teams PS you had to put them on your 53? Didn’t realize you can raid PS’s to stock your own PS. Edit. Just looked it up and he was waived. I guess we signed him before the Jags put him on their PS.

Last edited:
I thought when you sign a player off another teams PS you had to put them on your 53? Didn’t realize you can raid PS’s to stock your own PS. Edit. Just looked it up and he was waived. I guess we signed him before the Jags put him on their PS.

You can't. Jacksonville waived him on 8/31 and Texans signed him on 9/1. Another player that didn't clear waivers... nothing to see here

Disclaimer: Totally unconfirmed rumor. Take it how you will.

Just listened to Texas Sports Nation podcast with John McClain, Brian T. Smith, and Aaron Wilson. They said they are hearing rumblings that the Texans may be looking into trading for Taco Charlton.

Just listened to Texas Sports Nation podcast with John McClain, Brian T. Smith, and Aaron Wilson. They said they are hearing rumblings that the Texans may be looking into trading for Taco Charlton.
Who are we giving up? Watt? Just curious on how this trade would work.

Former #1, can't practice because of injuries, see the brass saying he better get his ass out there to compete, healthy scratch game 1. Sounds like if we trade for him it is Warring 2.0 and we IR him (sarcasm). I could see some team swinging with a fifth or something, was a recent rd1 pick.

Former #1, can't practice because of injuries, see the brass saying he better get his ass out there to compete, healthy scratch game 1. Sounds like if we trade for him it is Warring 2.0 and we IR him (sarcasm). I could see some team swinging with a fifth or something, was a recent rd1 pick.
his college evaluation coming out of Michigan still concerns me today as I think it's still relevant. Charlton need some real good coaching he has the skill set and size but I'm just not sure he's ready to be a starter for Texans.

his college evaluation coming out of Michigan still concerns me today as I think it's still relevant. Charlton need some real good coaching he has the skill set and size but I'm just not sure he's ready to be a starter for Texans.
I liked him coming out and thought he would be a difference maker for the cowboys. Don’t know the reason he’s failed so far. Anyone?

Read that cowboys would be happy with a fifth round pick but that was just speculation the person said the team in question had a player that could help the cowboys now. Hmmm

Cowboys Biggest offseason needs
  • Defensive end No
  • Defensive tackle we have several
  • Tight end plenty Warring?
  • Wide receiver please no.
  • Cornerback lol
  • Center/guard kelementa please
  • Safety no.

That guy who couldn't get around Julien Davenport in week 3 of the preseason?

Most also said Watson wouldn’t make it in the NFL because he was supposed to be this run first QB, with a slow throw velocity.

Someone addressed the slow throw, slow spin rate at combine in the post game show Sunday.

They said the coach that was helping Watson told him the most important thing was for the ball to be catchable and in the correct position. So Watson made nice and easy throws.

We finally got enough talent to overcome his coaching. Just imagine we had a good coach with all this talent.

You do realize that teams with the most talent usually win the most.

Look at the Steelers of the 70's

The Cowboys under JJ

49ers under Walsh.

Those teams were the most talented teams and also have the rings to prove it. Talent trumps all. I've been telling y'all for yrs the Texans weren't as talented as many thought they were and lacked depth. Finally since BOB is unquestionably calling the shots the talent level and level of play has improved. Coincidence? Not a chance. 13-3 in the last 16 regular season games isn't a sign of a bad HC.

Hmm...we beat Phillip Rivers' Chargers on the road and you still not happy?
It was a good win. SD should be winless if not for colts kicker living a nightmare week 1. Texans are better than I expected. They are more cohesive than I could have imagined given the late additions and the line shuffling. Was on the 9-7 bandwagon before season. Starting to look like a 11-12 win team.

I was just being silly with the comment.

After 3 weeks I've only felt constipated once watching the texans and that's a good thing.

You do realize that teams with the most talent usually win the most.

Look at the Steelers of the 70's

The Cowboys under JJ

49ers under Walsh.

Those teams were the most talented teams and also have the rings to prove it. Talent trumps all. I've been telling y'all for yrs the Texans weren't as talented as many thought they were and lacked depth. Finally since BOB is unquestionably calling the shots the talent level and level of play has improved. Coincidence? Not a chance. 13-3 in the last 16 regular season games isn't a sign of a bad HC.

Kubiak + Rick went 12-4 in 2012. So you agree that team had talent and Kubiak wasn't a bad HC?

It was a good win. SD should be winless if not for colts kicker living a nightmare week 1. Texans are better than I expected. They are more cohesive than I could have imagined given the late additions and the line shuffling. Was on the 9-7 bandwagon before season. Starting to look like a 11-12 win team.

I was just being silly with the comment.

After 3 weeks I've only felt constipated once watching the texans and that's a good thing.

Or SD could be 2-1 if it wasn't for their kicker having a nightmare week 2.

Back