Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

Texans need to get one of the rookies on the OL into the rotation right away. The easiest position to do that with is RG....which means Scharping goes to the front of the class. Risky.....sure but if the team puts him between Fulton and Henderson his transition should be much quicker.

Kelemete would get the LG opportunity. Hopefully he hold onto it but there's no doubt in my mind that Howard could go in there from the get-go....provided he's sandwiched between Tunsil and Fulton.

Bottom line, Fulton at Center changes the dynamics of this OL and could usher in the opportunity to start both rookies sooner when there's veteran's like Tunsil and Henderson on the outside.

I'd really like to see the following OL on Monday Night:

LT- Tunsil
LG- Kelemete
OC- Fulton
RG- Scharping
RT- Henderson

G/T- Howard
ST- Johnson
C/G- Martin
G/C- Mancz

Damn it boy. Jared Goff just got a 4 year extension worth 134 million with 110 guaranteed .

Ohhhhhhh weeee

This will put the pressure on the Texans to extend Watson after this season.

And with Wentz before that the precedent is surely set.

One more very good season from Deshaun and he can name his price heading into 2020.

And the key is going to be finding that number before the Chiefs and Mahomes find theirs.

And with Wentz before that the precedent is surely set.

One more very good season from Deshaun and he can name his price heading into 2020.

And the key is going to be finding that number before the Chiefs and Mahomes find theirs.
Also one more reason giving away all the draft capital they have is going to hurt.

Watson is going to command crazy money. The longer you wait on Tunsil the more expensive that gets. And just like that, you’re up against the cap with trying to build your team with little help from the draft.

Also one more reason giving away all the draft capital they have is going to hurt.

Watson is going to command crazy money. The longer you wait on Tunsil the more expensive that gets. And just like that, you’re up against the cap with trying to build your team with little help from the draft.

I agree in general.

Don't disagree by and large with giving up the draft capital for Tunsil/Stills.

Disagree entirely though with not recouping that draft capital by giving Clowney away for a ham f*ck*n' sandwich.

Truth!! What you gave up to get Tunsil is a lot more tolerable if you don’t get raped giving away JD.

it will only become tolerable if Tunsil becomes a better player than he already is. This trade eclipses what DPOY Mack was attained for, so Id say that Tunsil better have the best season of his life AT THE LEAST. God forbid this guy regresses .. or GULP - gets hurt.

Im done comparing Clowney around here. Morons are running wild saying that what he brought to the team will be easy to replace and BLAH BLAH BLAH, so my new past time will be to post the stats of the Texans 3 headed replacement team VS what JD does for the week. Should be fun!

They have almost a full draft and multiple picks in the 3rd and 4th rds. I dont get the little help theme. I mean they found Reid in the 3rd.

They have almost a full draft and multiple picks in the 3rd and 4th rds. I dont get the little help theme. I mean they found Reid in the 3rd.

They have all of an extra 3rd and a 4th in 2020 but are missing a 1st in 2020 and 2021 and a 2nd in 2021 as well.

You're not pretending like those are anywhere near equal whatsoever in value, no?

And lol at giving high marks on a gift falling in one's lap to the same FO you saw whiff while waiting on Dillard and Garoppolo.

They have all of an extra 3rd and a 4th in 2020 but are missing a 1st in 2020 and 2021 and a 2nd in 2021 as well.

You're not pretending like those are anywhere near equal whatsoever in value, no?

And lol at giving high marks on a gift falling in one's lap to the same FO you saw whiff while waiting on Dillard and Garoppolo.

It's not the same FO that failed on Garappolo.

This is the price they had to pay for getting jumped in the draft and not getting Dillard.

The way I see it is they have extra picks in 2020. In 2021 I expect their draft o be like the 2018 draft which was a very good depth draft in addition to finding Reid. It can and probably will be another very good draft in 2021.

You would think that after seeing the 2018 draft most posters wouldn't be up in arms over the 2021 draft. But I guess they dont 1. Value protecting Watson like I do. 2. Cant see thru all of their BOB hate.

This is the price they had to pay for getting jumped in the draft and not getting Dillard.

The way I see it is they have extra picks in 2020. In 2021 I expect their draft o be like the 2018 draft which was a very good depth draft in addition to finding Reid. It can and probably will be another very good draft in 2021.

You would think that after seeing the 2018 draft most posters wouldn't be up in arms over the 2021 draft. But I guess they dont 1. Value protecting Watson like I do. 2. Cant see thru all of their BOB hate.

Plus we dont know what the cap is going to look like in 2021 and how much it will be going up.

They also can make trades for a 1st or 2nd rd pick in 2021 if need be.

You don’t get the importance of not having a 1st the next 2 years? Especially when you’ll have just as many, if not more needs? You’re going to need more than a gift falling to you in the 3rd round.

If you value a 1st that much then you have the ammo to trade into the 1st rd. The 2018 draft was a good one over all wouldn't you agree. They got 3 starters (Reid/Akins/Coutee) and ST's help. There was plenty of depth that Gaine drafted in that draft.

O'Briens handling of Clowney to include his "gift" of the edge rusher to the Seahawks as far as I'm concerned represented a total dereliction of duty and I fail to see anything that former GM Gain did that was as grievous as the coachs actions re the Clowney trade.

The good news for the future is that the aggressiveness the Texans employed this past weekend could signal that they will be aggressive in Free Agency. If that theory becomes fact, I’ll feel a lot better about those lost 1st round picks.

O'Briens handling of Clowney to include his "gift" of the edge rusher to the Seahawks as far as I'm concerned represented a total dereliction of duty and I fail to see anything that former GM Gain did that was as grievous as the coachs actions re the Clowney trade.

I can understand you feeling this way.

The Clowney situation was mishandled from the beginning, when Gaine was here before the draft and made far worse by BOB by either not trading him before July 15 or making Clowney play on the tag or not play at all if Clowney didn't want to be traded to Miami in the Tunsil deal.

You can take this for what it is worth but I heard on 610 that Gaine really wanted to extend Clowny & that was one cause of friction between him & O'Brian. Don't know if I really believe it.

You can take this for what it is worth but I heard on 610 that Gaine really wanted to extend Clowny & that was one cause of friction between him & O'Brian. Don't know if I really believe it.
Seeing how everything unfolded I’m leaning towards this having some truth to it. I wonder what caused OB to be mad at Clowney? Did Clowney’s alarm mess up he couldn’t get to practice on time?

The good news for the future is that the aggressiveness the Texans employed this past weekend could signal that they will be aggressive in Free Agency. If that theory becomes fact, I’ll feel a lot better about those lost 1st round picks.

Isn’t that, build thru FA, how Dan Snider built the Redskins into the powerhouse they are?

Seeing how everything unfolded I’m leaning towards this having some truth to it. I wonder what caused OB to be mad at Clowney? Did Clowney’s alarm mess up he couldn’t get to practice on time?

From what I've heard Clowney was very vocal about his role on the defense. And we should know by now Obrien doesn't like those type of players/personnel.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1170387838317355009?s=20

Among the many things we’d prepared for
@gmfb
that died a quick death with the AB news was this snapshot of the wall in the #Texans’ weight room. Players write their goals and most guys put up stuff about flexibility and body fat. DeAndre Hopkins said nah, I’m aiming higher.

ED4NiQLWkAEjw4I

AB Who???

Not enough balls to get him 2000, but if you don't aim higher, you don't prepare to be better so love to see this. TD's, no drops could see

He made good on his goal to get more yac last season. Another step in that direction & he really don't need any more balls thrown his way.

Last year despite our completely depleted OL, no depth, overall injury status I think Mark Vandemeer brought up some interesting points.

Texans set franchise record with +13 TO differential. #2 NFL #1 AFC

Points off of takeaways #2 NFL

Avg drive start on Kickoffs #1 NFL

Avg for starting line of scrimmage for O #2 NFL

32-2 after leading first half under BoB

Third down D #2 NFL

D allowance yards per rush #1 NFL

Injuries and lack of depth killed this team last year. Still 11-5. Like it or not, that record wasn’t a fluke.​

Nice fluff stats. Still got thumped in the playoffs.
I found it interesting that those stats reflected a healthy D and ST’s. At least they excelled in those areas they had better control. They were lucky to put an O on the field but still had some success. Would you prefer they failed in all three phases? This was top of the league stuff in several categories.

Oh boy here we go. Injuries are apart of the freaking game. You just have to learn to overcome them.

Astute fans should know we could've done a lot of things to mask the terrible oline play.

Back