Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

Woke up to this news and have been surfing around getting informed. He’s 2 years removed from a 1000 yard season. +4ypc when he’s healthy. Thing is he’s 10 years in. Lots of mileage on those legs. I felt the AP possibility would have been better due to play style, Shady is a shifty runner, this OLine would nullify his impact IMO.

Pass for me.
Pass for me too.
If the Bills don't want him any more then chances are he is done.

Woke up to this news and have been surfing around getting informed. He’s 2 years removed from a 1000 yard season. +4ypc when he’s healthy. Thing is he’s 10 years in. Lots of mileage on those legs. I felt the AP possibility would have been better due to play style, Shady is a shifty runner, this OLine would nullify his impact IMO.

Pass for me.
Pass for me too.
If the Bills don't want him any more then chances are he is done.
Only qualifier would be if he is asking for too much green.

Being that Butt Chin just got raped on this trade....... at the least can you Texans get out of your own way and go get Keelan Doss ...... the Raiders just cut him and he can be had for cheap...... somebody act like they got some competence in that god forsaken place on Kirby....... for gods sake Cal get a fukin GM please smh

I just put in a waiver for Seattle’s defense in my fantasy league. I made a mistake and drafted Houston. lol

69872583_10215470810623634_8999751326183194624_n.jpg

Being that Butt Chin just got raped on this trade....... at the least can you Texans get out of your own way and go get Keelan Doss ...... the Raiders just cut him and he can be had for cheap...... somebody act like they got some competence in that god forsaken place on Kirby....... for gods sake Cal get a fukin GM please smh
Doss is a slow receiver that can't get separation down field. Why do we need him? This is a situation where you cannot look at just stats.

https://sportsradio610.radio.com/articles/texans-begin-cuts-53-man-roster

Saturday, Aug 31, 2019 07:01 PM

Texans trim roster to 53 players
The Houston Texans released ILB Tyrell Adams and P Bryan Anger.

The Houston Texans waived WR Floyd Allen, OLB Jesse Aniebonam, CB Derrick Baity Jr., OLB Davin Bellamy, CB Briean Boddy-Calhoun, RB Damarea Crockett, OLB Jamal Davis II, T Christian DiLauro, WR Johnnie Dixon, NT Javi Edwards, S Austin Exford, RB Josh Ferguson, WR Chad Hansen, DE Joel Heath, S A.J. Hendy, RB Karan Higdon Jr., DE Albert Huggins, S Chris Johnson, WR Tyron Johnson, T Rick Leonard, WR Steven Mitchell Jr., NT Walter Palmore, CB Jermaine Ponder, OLB Gimel President, G Malcolm Pridgeon, G Maurquice Shakir, WR Vyncint Smith, DE Tracy Sprinkle, QB Jordan Ta'amu and WR Jester Weah.

The Houston Texans waived-injured ILB B.J. Bello and ILB Xavier Woodson.

The Houston Texans placed QB Joe Webb III on the Reserve/Injured list.

The Houston Texans waived WR Floyd Allen, OLB Jesse Aniebonam, CB Derrick Baity Jr., OLB Davin Bellamy, CB Briean Boddy-Calhoun, RB Damarea Crockett, OLB Jamal Davis II, T Christian DiLauro, WR Johnnie Dixon, NT Javi Edwards, S Austin Exford, RB Josh Ferguson, WR Chad Hansen, DE Joel Heath, S A.J. Hendy, RB Karan Higdon Jr., DE Albert Huggins, S Chris Johnson, WR Tyron Johnson, T Rick Leonard, WR Steven Mitchell Jr., NT Walter Palmore, CB Jermaine Ponder, OLB Gimel President, G Malcolm Pridgeon, G Maurquice Shakir, WR Vyncint Smith, DE Tracy Sprinkle, QB Jordan Ta'amu and WR Jester Weah.

Wonder what Warrings status is. Sounds like by default he’s on the 53.

By this list, it looks like they're carrying 10 OL'men.

This is could be the best Texans team since 2011.

Talent level is what I am talking about.

I hate the trade “value” lost, hopefully it doesn’t make us the Browns forever, but the talent level of this football team has definitely been increased on offense this offseason.

I really like Stills.

Puts more speed options to open up the defensive backfield.

I'm channeling some Bulls on Parade (miss him) type optimism right now thinking about Watson behind an average+ OLine and all the weapons at his disposal. Nuk anytime we want and mix in Keke, Fuller and Stills just for fun. RB's out of the backfield so much that even runs up the middle work. TE's raining out of the sky so often that opposing teams wonder how many can we possibly have on the sidelines. We're unstoppable.

I'm channeling some Bulls on Parade (miss him) type optimism right now thinking about Watson behind an average+ OLine and all the weapons at his disposal. Nuk anytime we want and mix in Keke, Fuller and Stills just for fun. RB's out of the backfield so much that even runs up the middle work. TE's raining out of the sky so often that opposing teams wonder how many can we possibly have on the sidelines. We're unstoppable.
Our TE's showing up for game day:
giphy.gif

What happened to the “fire bill OBrien now” thread is it just me that doesn’t see it?

@PapaL hey buddy ol pal .. you’ve pointed me towards the jerseys .. how bout a little more info on that deal for Sunday Ticket? How much you looking at saving?

Per Colin Cowherd show..
Since 1981, every Super Bowl winner has had a winning record through their first 6 games

This would mean we have to take at least two from at Saints, at Chargers, Falcons, or at Chiefs..

While not laying an egg against the Jags or Panthers..

Whew..

Pass for me.
Just watch Andy Reid get some production from him.
probably not near elite level but steady, move-the-chains stuff.
Not sure O'Brien/Kelly could do so.

This place is as good as any, I guess.

I like the gamble(s) the Texans made. They may blow up, but they took a chance. Do I think "we" lost on paper? Absolutely. But I think it could pan out on the field. If the new LT can really hold down that spot at a high level for the next 8 years, and if Stills can be that 2/3 receiver... I am good with the price. I wish the haul for Clowney was better... but it is what it is.

I like the gamble(s) the Texans made. They may blow up, but they took a chance. Do I think "we" lost on paper? Absolutely. But I think it could pan out on the field. If the new LT can really hold down that spot at a high level for the next 8 years, and if Stills can be that 2/3 receiver... I am good with the price. I wish the haul for Clowney was better... but it is what it is.
it would seemthat we have the ingredients for a gourmet meal.
I wonder if the 'chef' can pull it off
...we'll see...

I know everyone is excited about Tunsil. That's what a horrible OL for multiple years will do. But Tunsil is just one man. Stills was what, WR3 at Miami? And if everyone's healthy he'll be a #4 here. Two 1's and a 2, for the potential in Tunsil and a #3/#4 WR. And then let's not forget about giving up what looks like will be a 3rd for Duke, a #3 RB at Cleveland.

Micro view, yes, those 3 players are an improvement over who they'll be replacing. Duke over Blue, Stills over whoever the #4 would have been...Carter??, and Tunsil over whatever cardboard cutout they were going to use at LT.

The problem though, if you're a sports franchise, or I guess any business for that matter, the macro view does matter. The fact that they let it get so bad that they had to pay exorbitantly for what they got, will end up costing even more down the road. Contracts are expiring. Reader, Joseph, Mercilus, Miller. Tunsil and soon Watson will need to be paid. All the 1 year deals expire. It's going to be hard to navigate all of that when you don't have the draft capital to help.

It's just digging another hole to get out of the hole you already dug.

I know everyone is excited about Tunsil. That's what a horrible OL for multiple years will do. But Tunsil is just one man. Stills was what, WR3 at Miami? And if everyone's healthy he'll be a #4 here. Two 1's and a 2, for the potential in Tunsil and a #3/#4 WR. And then let's not forget about giving up what looks like will be a 3rd for Duke, a #3 RB at Cleveland.

Micro view, yes, those 3 players are an improvement over who they'll be replacing. Duke over Blue, Stills over whoever the #4 would have been...Carter??, and Tunsil over whatever cardboard cutout they were going to use at LT.

The problem though, if you're a sports franchise, or I guess any business for that matter, the macro view does matter. The fact that they let it get so bad that they had to pay exorbitantly for what they got, will end up costing even more down the road. Contracts are expiring. Reader, Joseph, Mercilus, Miller. Tunsil and soon Watson will need to be paid. All the 1 year deals expire. It's going to be hard to navigate all of that when you don't have the draft capital to help.

It's just digging another hole to get out of the hole you already dug.

I agree with most of this. Bill O'Brian & the Texans mismanagement put us in this crappy situation. Having said that I believe the most important thing is to protect Watson. Bottom line is Watson just cannot survive another 62 sack season.

Ask the Colts if they would have spent 2 number ones to still have Luck as a quarterback

Last edited:
I agree with most of this. Bill O'Brian & the Texans mismanagement put us in this crappy situation. Having said that I believe the most important thing is to protect Watson. Bottom line is Watson just cannot survive another 62 sack season.

Ask the Colts if they would have spent 2 number ones to still have Luck as a quarterback

Protecting Watson is very important yes. So why in the heck is Martin starting at center?

Protecting Watson is very important yes. So why in the heck is Martin starting at center?
I agree w/ your thoughts here but I'm less concerned about Martin starting than Scharping. Scharping next to Martin wasn't working pre-season. At least Martin knows his assignments and there shouldn't be any mental breakdowns. Scharping needs a little seasoning before he's ready for primetime imo. Still hoping that Fulton ends up at center sooner rather than later though.

I agree w/ your thoughts here but I'm less concerned about Martin starting than Scharping. Scharping next to Martin wasn't working pre-season. At least Martin knows his assignments and there shouldn't be any mental breakdowns. Scharping needs a little seasoning before he's ready for primetime imo. Still hoping that Fulton ends up at center sooner rather than later though.

Then why not start Fulton at Center and Martin at Right Guard. I wasn't expecting Scharping to start right away. But dang Martin is always getting manhandled out there. I'm sure the Saints watched the little footage from the preseason game against the Cowboys. Martin was an embarrassment

My Texans random thought of the day. I think we got hosed on the JD and Tunsil trades. Some guys are ok w/ the Tunsil trade, but I feel like we never should have been in the position we were in to have to make that kind of trade and I blame BOB for putting us in that position. I'm not really interested in debating any of this because it's been discussed 1000 times on this board and different people see it different, no biggie. That's how I'll always see it irregardless of what anyone else says.

But despite my take on this, I'm still excited about the team and this season. This is the best qb I've ever had on the team that I pull for (except Favre's 1st year in Minnesota -- 1 year, yay!). He's not yet in his prime and should have a decade of good football ahead of him and has loads of legit weapons to distribute the ball to. If this OLine lineup was any other team's in the NFL, most of us here would think it's a fairly good OLine. If this was the Saints OLine, very few here would be thinking that we'd kick their ass simply because their OLine sucks. Just saying that I'm not going to let getting really crappy value on our trades keep me from being pumped about what could be this season if things come together. And yes, I'm right there with most people, fully expecting BOB to screw it all up. But until he does, I'm going to turn my brain off and get excited for the possibilities. I don't think you're not a real fan if you don't approach it this way. It's just the only way I know to enjoy watching football.

Then why not start Fulton at Center and Martin at Right Guard. I wasn't expecting Scharping to start right away. But dang Martin is always getting manhandled out there. I'm sure the Saints watched the little footage from the preseason game against the Cowboys. Martin was an embarrassment
Agreed about Martin getting pushed around. I'd like to see him at backup center as I don't think he'll do any better at guard. Fulton at center, Howard and Kelemete at guard. Mix in Scharping if there's injuries would be my preference.

I like the gamble(s) the Texans made. They may blow up, but they took a chance. Do I think "we" lost on paper? Absolutely. But I think it could pan out on the field.

I think this is the dumbest most desperate thing this team has ever done.

But I'm glad we're not going to do the same dumb we did last year. We knew that sht wasn't going to work.

This dumb just might.

I'm going to go back to what I said back when Myers was our Center. If you ever see him one on one with a DT/NT then something went wrong.

Granted we saw a lot of Martin one on one with DT/NT. Hopefully they get that straightened out.

Back