Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

Yet the Rockets have been far more successful than the Texans.

You sound like a Cowboys fan.

"Champs 25 years ago! Woooooo!"

For the record, the Houston Comets have more titles than the Rockets, Texans, Oilers and Astros combined. The Houston Dynamo have as many titles as the Rockets. Six of the nine titles won by Houston teams have been by women or soccer dudes.

Let's not pretend there is some major sports legacy in this town that the Texans are failing to live up to.

For the record, the Houston Comets have more titles than the Rockets, Texans, Oilers and Astros combined. The Houston Dynamo have as many titles as the Rockets. Six of the nine titles won by Houston teams have been by women or soccer dudes.

Let's not pretend there is some major sports legacy in this town that the Texans are failing to live up to.

But... but... Houston is a football team, don't forget the Gamblers and the Aeros

The Rockets have been more successful in the last 2 seasons than the Texans ever have been

Adult kickball and the WNBA aren't considered real/ major sports.

Posts like this is what I'm talking about when it comes to reality and some Texans fans They live in an alternative universe.

I mean if we can't admit that well run orgs like the Astros/Rockets have been more successful lately then how can we have an honest discussion.

The Rockets have been more successful in the last 2 seasons than the Texans ever have been

Adult kickball and the WNBA aren't considered real/ major sports.

Posts like this is what I'm talking about when it comes to reality and some Texans fans They live in an alternative universe.

I mean if we can't admit that well run orgs like the Astros/Rockets have been more successful lately then how can we have an honest discussion.

Because you tend to make up the definition of what "more successful" means. Apparently it is subjective when it comes to the Rockets (I'll not let you add in the Astros to try and make your original post more legit) who haven't won anything in the last 25 years, but because they failed to win in a later round than the Texans failed to win, therefore they are a much more successful organization.

And my pointing out kickball and WNBA is because Houston, for all of it's history in the three major sports, have been out-trophied by a defunct women's roundball team. Yet somehow we continue to talk about championship expectations around here, that nothing other than a title is acceptable.

Just to be clear, the Rockets this year won their division and lost in the second round. Isn't that exactly what the Texans did last year?

Because you tend to make up the definition of what "more successful" means. Apparently it is subjective when it comes to the Rockets (I'll not let you add in the Astros to try and make your original post more legit) who haven't won anything in the last 25 years, but because they failed to win in a later round than the Texans failed to win, therefore they are a much more successful organization.

And my pointing out kickball and WNBA is because Houston, for all of it's history in the three major sports, have been out-trophied by a defunct women's roundball team. Yet somehow we continue to talk about championship expectations around here, that nothing other than a title is acceptable.

Just to be clear, the Rockets this year won their division and lost in the second round. Isn't that exactly what the Texans did last year?

The Texans lost in the 1st Rd.

Wake me up when the Texans play in their conference finals like the Rockets did two years ago.

That doesn't even take into account how the Astros built a winner and continuously add to it. Like with Luhnow adding Osuna, could you ever see the Texans making a move like that? Be honest, also wait and see what champions do come July 31st. You know the kinds of moves that give them their best chance to have a parade in Houston, although nothing is guaranteed. Could you ever see the Texans making a move like this?

Yet the Rockets have been far more successful than the Texans.

The Texans lost in the 1st Rd.

Wake me up when the Texans play in their conference finals like the Rockets did two years ago.

That doesn't even take into account how the Astros built a winner and continuously add to it. Like with Luhnow adding Osuna, could you ever see the Texans making a move like that? Be honest, also wait and see what champions do come July 31st. You know the kinds of moves that give them their best chance to have a parade in Houston, although nothing is guaranteed. Could you ever see the Texans making a move like this?

Why do you keep mentioning the Astros? I'm trying to discuss your point about the Rockets being far more successful than the Texans. Keep on topic.

So in your opinion, the Rockets are a FAR more successful team (your words) than the Texans because they got to the West Conference finals two years ago? This is how we are delineating between a successful team versus a failure of a team?

Why do you keep mentioning the Astros? I'm trying to discuss your point about the Rockets being far more successful than the Texans. Keep on topic.

So in your opinion, the Rockets are a FAR more successful team (your words) than the Texans because they got to the West Conference finals two years ago? This is how we are delineating between a successful team versus a failure of a team?

And 2 years before that also.

Like I said wake me up when the Texans reach the AFCCG.

And 2 years before that also.

Like I said wake me up when the Texans reach the AFCCG.

OK, so the Rockets were irrelevant the first 12 years the Texans existed, but they go to the WCF twice in 5 years and all of a sudden they are the success that the Texans should be measured against.

It's like you ran out of trendy hot-right-now NFL teams so now we have to criticize the Texans based on what teams are accomplishing in other pro leagues.

Now we fight over other Houston sports....:gun:

We need this train wreck of a season to hurry up and start... at least then the fights will make sense......

Fighting over Texans vs Rockets vs Astros.... it's like the insanity I found myself in when I was dating a crazy woman that wanted to argue cause it had been a long time since we had argued and had gotten along so well for too long.

This message board needs preseason more than it has in quite some time...:texflag:

OK, so the Rockets were irrelevant the first 12 years the Texans existed, but they go to the WCF twice in 5 years and all of a sudden they are the success that the Texans should be measured against.

It's like you ran out of trendy hot-right-now NFL teams so now we have to criticize the Texans based on what teams are accomplishing in other pro leagues.

It's not trendy, it's trends.

If you don't get with the times then you will get left behind.

Tell me do you consider the Texans to be a successful org. If you do then you're good with lowered expectations. So when is reaching a conference final equal to a wildcard win?

I can see we are never going to agree if you believe this.

It's not trendy, it's trends.

If you don't get with the times then you will get left behind.

Tell me do you consider the Texans to be a successful org. If you do then you're good with lowered expectations. So when is reaching a conference final equal to a wildcard win?

I can see we are never going to agree if you believe this.

I never said that I considered the Texans a successful org. But you have stated multiple times that the Rockets are a FAR more successful team than the Texans.

You also agreed that if the Texans had made multiple conference finals and didn't go to the Super Bowl, you would consider them a failure for not doing what they needed to do to get over the hump. And yet, that has been the Rockets for the last 5 years.

So you are using the logic of one team being a failure at one level makes them far more successful then another team failing at a different level. But they are both failures. Using your logic.

You should have just stuck with the Astros.

I never said that I considered the Texans a successful org. But you have stated multiple times that the Rockets are a FAR more successful team than the Texans.

You also agreed that if the Texans had made multiple conference finals and didn't go to the Super Bowl, you would consider them a failure for not doing what they needed to do to get over the hump. And yet, that has been the Rockets for the last 5 years.

So you are using the logic of one team being a failure at one level makes them far more successful then another team failing at a different level. But they are both failures. Using your logic.

You should have just stuck with the Astros.

The Rockets were the 2nd best team in the NBA 2 yrs ago. Get back with me when the Texans are even close to the 2nd best team in the NFL and then we can debate.

The last time the Rockets won a championship is the last time the Cowpies won a championship. The only thing the Rockets have in common with the Texans is choking in the playoffs. Your analogies are beyond weak

So the Rockets choked against the Warriors?

OK

Why the hell is so much time being wasted talking about the Rockets? The only Houston team that matters is the Astros! The Rockets have consistently let us down for the past what, 24 years? Houston will soon be a baseball city, ESPECIALLY when the Astros get their second ring which will probably happen again really soon.

Houston will soon be a baseball city, ESPECIALLY when the Astros get their second ring which will probably happen again really soon.

Cities & fans don't change that easily. Since the Cowboys' last SB the Rangers have won the west 7 times and gone to the WS twice. Haven't put the least dent in the Cowboys.

Those of you who like multiple sports sometimes lose sight that most fans are heavily one sport. I can muster up enough interest to watch the Rockets if they play for a championship. Couldn't care less whether the Astros win the next 10 WS. Football it's watch every Texans game and quite a few others.

So the Rockets choked against the Warriors?

OK

Uh, the 2018 Western Conference Finals will go down in all of sports history as one of the biggest choke jobs ever.

#1 seed, best record in NBA with 65 wins (next closest team had 59), dominated Minnesota 4-1 and Utah 4-1 to get to WCF:

Game 6, elimination game up 3-2, up 10 at the half, scored 25 points in the entire second half to get blown out by 20.

Game 7, elimination game tied 3-3, at home, missed 27 straight 3-pointers to lose the series.

If you don't consider that choking, then we can't continue this conversation.

Uh, the 2018 Western Conference Finals will go down in all of sports history as one of the biggest choke jobs ever.

#1 seed, best record in NBA with 65 wins (next closest team had 59), dominated Minnesota 4-1 and Utah 4-1 to get to WCF:

Game 6, elimination game up 3-2, up 10 at the half, scored 25 points in the entire second half to get blown out by 20.

Game 7, elimination game tied 3-3, at home, missed 27 straight 3-pointers to lose the series.

If you don't consider that choking, then we can't continue this conversation.

Not a choke at all after Paul got hurt, the better team won.

Why the hell is so much time being wasted talking about the Rockets? The only Houston team that matters is the Astros! The Rockets have consistently let us down for the past what, 24 years? Houston will soon be a baseball city, ESPECIALLY when the Astros get their second ring which will probably happen again really soon.

As much as I love the Astros, and have since the early 70's (as far back as I can remember), it's a football world in these parts and probably always will be. Not saying this town can't get baseball fever and be huge supporters because it absolutely can, but a Super Bowl parade would likely dwarf that of the World Series parade.

As much as I love the Astros, and have since the early 70's (as far back as I can remember), it's a football world in these parts and probably always will be. Not saying this town can't get baseball fever and be huge supporters because it absolutely can, but a Super Bowl parade would likely dwarf that of the World Series parade.
I agree, I’d trade multiple super bowls over WS championships.

As much as I love the Astros, and have since the early 70's (as far back as I can remember), it's a football world in these parts and probably always will be. Not saying this town can't get baseball fever and be huge supporters because it absolutely can, but a Super Bowl parade would likely dwarf that of the World Series para
I'd actually be a bit fearful of this city 'celebrating' a SuperBowl win.
That said.. I want won (one) but I may go on vacation during the subsequent public gathering.

bummer offseason. I am probably the least excited I've ever been about an upcoming football season.

2 seasons ago when Watson was a rookie I wasn't looking forward to the season, because behind that OL I thought Watson was going to get killed. Then the Jag game happened to confirm what I was thinking. 2 yrs later and I really dont feel any different. The OL will surprise me if they become avg next yr.

2 seasons ago when Watson was a rookie I wasn't looking forward to the season, because behind that OL I thought Watson was going to get killed. Then the Jag game happened to confirm what I was thinking. 2 yrs later and I really dont feel any different. The OL will surprise me if they become avg next yr.

My biggest issue is OB. Just don't like him, don't trust him to be a good HC.

And of course there is that pathetic O-line we have. Watson can be a genuine super star and rise above some of this, but these horrible nightmares I have of Watson turning into another David Carr plague me.

... but these horrible nightmares I have of Watson turning into another David Carr plague me.

Haha, I wouldn’t worry about this. Our OL last season was pretty comparable to what DC had and Watson had a good season. Watson is much more talented than DC.

Haha, I wouldn’t worry about this. Our OL last season was pretty comparable to what DC had and Watson had a good season. Watson is much more talented than DC.

My biggest fear is how all this affects his psyche, the way he approaches the game. If he thinks he has to do everything, if he feels he has to be Superman, if he thinks it isn't worth the effort.

We all have our breaking point & I hope we get things fixed before we reach his.

My biggest issue is OB. Just don't like him, don't trust him to be a good HC.

And of course there is that pathetic O-line we have. Watson can be a genuine super star and rise above some of this, but these horrible nightmares I have of Watson turning into another David Carr plague me.

I've been warning people about, Watson could very easily turn into Carr. He's already blown out a knee and suffered a punctured lung in his 1st 2 season and the OL still sucks. It's like the Texans org didn't learn a damn thing with what happened to Carr.

People continue to fail to realize the madness behind the reason the oline sucked. You have linemen playing out of their natural positions for starters. Then you have a coach with an ideal but really hasn't put things together yet. Follow that up with not knowing his weaknesses and strengths of each player. Toss in the situational football mishaps. Ummm the determination and stubbornness to force his plan when it clearly it's working. Bump continuity because every season the line has changed and etc.

People continue to fail to realize the madness behind the reason the oline sucked. You have linemen playing out of their natural positions for starters. Then you have a coach with an ideal but really hasn't put things together yet. Follow that up with not knowing his weaknesses and strengths of each player. Toss in the situational football mishaps. Ummm the determination and stubbornness to force his plan when it clearly it's working. Bump continuity because every season the line has changed and etc.

:confused:

There's a reason it has changed. Lack of talent.

There's a reason it has changed. Lack of talent.

Last yrs OL at the end of last yr who was playing out of position.

Lack of talent is a very weak excuse. They wouldn't be in the NFL if they didn't have talent.

#coaching matters

There are levels of talent and somebody has to be ranked last The Texans talent is ranked last or 31st for the last 2 yrs for a reason that has very little to do with coaching. This is a chicken salad/chickens!t situation.

Maximize the talent you have. Belichick is a master at and so is Pop for the Spurs.

I see most people love to twist things completely the wrong way.
Not twisting anything. You said lack of talent is a weak excuse, but talent does matter. Yeah, coaching does too, but you can’t coach up a bunch of 2nd stringers just because they have enough talent to be in the league.

That was a terrible example
It was a number of factors.
Granted coaching is one of them but any newish coach in the NFL who can be over .500 in his first 5 years can't be all that bad. I am prepared to stick with OB if he can keep us in the playoffs.
Texans over the last 5 years have only enjoyed the services of a decent QB for what, 18 games? Gotta be a feather in his cap.
Last year we went 11-5 with a bunch of injuries.
If Watson can continue to improve and we can keep at least two frontline Wideouts on the paddock and a better running game, this team can still be dangerous.

Back