Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

We will PLay Carolina in the Super bowl and WIN JJ WATT and company will put this team on there back and some how some way get it done

and JJ WATT LORE WIll forever be praised in the City of Houston

we are the patriots of the South so we prob will take a Def player in the first round prob a NT or CB u never know DE

I can't believe Philly wouldn't take a QB. Only two were taken in the first (Lynch & Goff). I can't believe Cook isn't a first rounder.

& Ezekiel Elliot, late first?

I meant to post this about 48 hours ago when I heard an interview with McClain who gave the definitive answer to a question a lot of us have had..............Who was responsible for getting Ed Reed to Houston? McClain placed the decision solely on Smith. When asked if he was speculating, he responded that he knew this as inconvertible FACT.

Pretty telling...........

Inside the Numbers: Texans vs. the Bills, Brian Hoyer Breakdown and More
Unknown.jpeg

Patrick Starr
Monday at 8:10 PM

Reactions: JB
I meant to post this about 48 hours ago when I heard an interview with McClain who gave the definitive answer to a question a lot of us have had..............Who was responsible for getting Ed Reed to Houston? McClain placed the decision solely on Smith. When asked if he was speculating, he responded that he knew this as inconvertible FACT.
Maybe but didn't McNair send his jet after Reed? Doubt if Smith has key to that.

Yep we need three all pro receivers who can catch balls behind them as well.
now, now... they only counted balls as drops if the receiver got BOTH HANDS on the ball.
To me, for guys getting paid millions to catch footballs, that's totally fair.
You may be right about the All-Pro thing though; our All-Pro, D-hop, had a low 2% drop rate.

Hopkins was fined $8,681 for an unsportsmanlike conduct taunting penalty in the last game. The league didn't reveal what he did or said to draw the penalty.

Ryan Mallett says he “acted immaturely” in failed stint with Texans
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...acted-immaturely-in-failed-stint-with-texans/
“I acted immaturely at some games in Houston,” Mallett said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com. “There were reasons for it. But that’s not going to be discussed right now. The best thing probably was for me to be cut.”

Interesting blurb there. I wonder what else was going on behind closed doors. Any truth to the rumors that BOb dicked him around?

Looks like the Fitzy trade will pay off
LINK

JETS NOW OWE TEXANS A 6TH-ROUND PICK
When the Jets traded a conditional 7th-round pick to the Texans for QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, the agreement was that it would become a 6th-round pick if Fitzpatrick played in 70 percent of the Jets' plays, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter. That has now happened, meaning the Jets will ship a 6th-round pick to Houston.

Last edited:
Looks like the Fitzy trade will pay off

JETS NOW OWE TEXANS A 6TH-ROUND PICK
i
When the Jets traded a conditional 7th-round pick to the Texans for QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, the agreement was that it would become a 6th-round pick if Fitzpatrick played in 70 percent of the Jets' plays, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter. That has now happened, meaning the Jets will ship a 6th-round pick to Houston.

Still would rather have Fitz than anything the Texans have trotted out this year.

Still would rather have Fitz than anything the Texans have trotted out this year.
He wasn't that bad last year, but this board refused to believe he even deserved to be in the league. But that is true with every QB who actually dons a Texans uniform and plays. They immediately become garbage. I have always thought we had a stable of average to good QBs and still do. Go ahead and scoff.

I'm behind every Texan, QBs included.

He wasn't that bad last year, but this board refused to believe he even deserved to be in the league.

He didn't play all that well.

He played timidly, reserved. Giving us little chance to win. If he had thrown the ball the way he did before coming to Houston, or the way he's thrown it since...

I know he'd have probably thrown a few more INTs but that's also more oportunites for someone to make a play.

He didn't play all that well.

He played timidly, reserved. Giving us little chance to win. If he had thrown the ball the way he did before coming to Houston, or the way he's thrown it since...

I know he'd have probably thrown a few more INTs but that's also more oportunites for someone to make a play.
So was that Fitzy's doing or O'Brien ordering him not to take chances?
You said yourself, he was more free wheeling before O'Brien and now after... so was it really Fitz's doing??

So was that Fitzy's doing or O'Brien ordering him not to take chances?
You said yourself, he was more free wheeling before O'Brien and now after... so was it really Fitz's doing??

Doesn't matter to me. If it was OB... he's still here. He didn't trust him, probably still doesn't which would be why Fitz isn't.

Doesn't matter to me. If it was OB... he's still here. He didn't trust him, probably still doesn't which would be why Fitz isn't.
It matters because if this is an example of O'Brien's "QB guru-ness" color me underwhelmed. Also means that no matter who we trade for, pickr up in F/A, or draft, O'Brien will shackle him. Changing QBs won't address root cause of our problem.
Didja see the performance Jeff Fisher got out of Case Keenum (who's 4-1 in his last five starts in St. Lou by the way). But Case wasn't good enough for O'Brien to keep.

It matters because if this is an example of O'Brien's "QB guru-ness" color me underwhelmed. Also means that no matter who we trade for, pickr up in F/A, or draft, O'Brien will shackle him. Changing QBs won't address root cause of our problem.
Didja see the performance Jeff Fisher got out of Case Keenum (who's 4-1 in his last five starts in St. Lou by the way). But Case wasn't good enough for O'Brien to keep.

who hung the QB guru tag on OB anyway? Was it just because he coached Brady a while back and Hack had a good year? Who did he ever really develop? It certainly wasn't Mallett or Hoyer

who hung the QB guru tag on OB anyway? Was it just because he coached Brady a while back and Hack had a good year? Who did he ever really develop? It certainly wasn't Mallett or Hoyer

He certainly guru'd the Texans into a hole. We had Keenum and Yates and the first pick in the draft. In those two years he's let both go, didn't draft anybody, brought both back, let Keenum go again, brought in Fitz and fired him, brought in Mallett and fired him, Yates is starting again, and is now setting our future on quarterbacks that even the Browns don't want.

Guru.

With a 6th round pick next draft I AM GOING BACK ON THE GRID!! We now have 8 selections. Oh me oh my

He certainly guru'd the Texans into a hole. We had Keenum and Yates and the first pick in the draft. In those two years he's let both go, didn't draft anybody, brought both back, let Keenum go again, brought in Fitz and fired him, brought in Mallett and fired him, Yates is starting again, and is now setting our future on quarterbacks that even the Browns don't want.

Guru.

You did everything but answer my question

I've only heard it from the media. This is from NFL-dot-com before the Clowney draft...
The third: O'Brien is a quarterback guru of sorts, and this draft is brimming with quarterback talent. Don't look at his time with New England; he was the quarterback coach and coordinator there, but he arrived after Tom Brady already was established as one of the best quarterbacks in league history. Instead, look what he did in the past two seasons at Penn State, where he turned journeyman Matt McGloin into an NFL player in one year, then helped Christian Hackenberg become the best freshman quarterback in the nation in 2013. Having O'Brien work with two young quarterbacks with potential would be a good thing.

You know the media, if one of them sez it, the rest incessantly repeat it until it becomes media gospel. Like the way they've labelled Russell Wilson a 'game manager'.

It was somewhat satisfying that Denver went all "turtle" and lost a game where they had a 17 point lead on the same day that the Texans won for the first time in Indy.
:turtle::turtle::turtle:

just use 1st rd on qb get this guy good to decent qb to work with. give this guy project that is 7-10, not 1-3 out of 10. that would give texans head coach really show world what he really can do. I would say fitz was about 5/10

I feel like he's just trying to build culture here than win games. chain of order always work hard. kinda like military active life. lol xD

I was in the Army and we swear all the time, and no one gives ****! just because you trust people around you. they have respect to each other and have each other's back. just don't disrespect to team/boss by not waking up in time and coming in late.

I love Bill O'Brien. I love how no one gives **** about anything, and just work hard. if you see their interviews from players and coach they all respect each other and work really hard.

culture is more important than success, because success will come with hard work. talents are needed, and hope our GM can find great QB or get new GM since this is business. hope Bill O'Brien get's that power honestly. I am huge fan of coach having that power.

eagles are ok for that, but if you get right coach to do it that would be great. that way you don't have issues we are trying to make out to be. which distracts your team for little like it happened to us this year.

Last edited:
Back